Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Comments

• rickymortus
    rickymortus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm also new and have been browsing around at the character classes (while the game is downloading), I already sorta have an idea of which class I will choose but I would like some advice.

I've always been a pvp-type of person, I never really played any game unless it had a very good pvp integrated. So ,based on that I would like to pick the class, that gives me an absolute edge in person killing. I know every game tries to say that all of their classes are balanced; but from my personal gaming experience I have found this to be a lie. Most games have a one best class for each: PvM, PvP,& PvE (which is usually the tank class)... I am very aware of the fact that there are much more than three classes in this game, but telling me that all the classes are equally balanced in these aspects; will seem like a lie. I want to know which class if it had equal effort put in to it will come out to be the best pker'/pvper'. I don't want to be putting a ton of effort in to a crappy character-class so that I can "put up a descent fight" against another persons character, who has put half the efforts in to their character as me. :)

BTW, a final quick little question I have: Will PWI, ever go free-trial and then P2P (because I have seen this happen to many mmorpg's)

Thank you for your time, and I love the ANIME-vids on this site; I have to definately give you two thumbs up for that idea... "genius".
  • disturbingeffect
    disturbingeffect Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for this!
  • krulx
    krulx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hi guys, im fairly new to this game and didnt really have any probs with it but, im doin the "old warriors regret" quest, and u have to find the ironcutter sword on the wave bearker cliffs and i cant find it,, does anyone know where it is?, if so can the tell me plz
  • kagekyuubi
    kagekyuubi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I know this might be a bit of a stupid question, but how do you fix shattered gear? I went to the Blacksmith and clicked "Repair Shattered Gear", but it said I need some required materials. Do you know what those are? It wouldn't tell me.
  • thejackel92
    thejackel92 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    okay so i'm a big noob but can someone tell me how to turn the camera angle in the game

i'm finding it very difficult to move around without being able to change the direction i'm looking
  • kiebor
    kiebor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ironcutter sword is farmable from 'Sword in a Rock' at 628, 167
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    okay so i'm a big noob but can someone tell me how to turn the camera angle in the game

i'm finding it very difficult to move around without being able to change the direction i'm looking

right click and drag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • tig3rkin6
    tig3rkin6 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hi.
    I have a BM and I want to use Double axes in future. 3str/1dex/1vit per level is ok?
    And can you tell me which quest should i give that doesn't affects my future craft?
  • Rincia - Raging Tide
    Rincia - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've read this entire thread (no life, lol) and it was really helpful!

Greatly appreciated, have a great one!! b:pleased
  • tig3rkin6
    tig3rkin6 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have a BM and I want to use Double axes in future. 3str/1dex/1vit per level is ok?
    And can you tell me which quest should i give that doesn't affects my future craft?

Nobody gonna answer me?
  • sitnspin
    sitnspin Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    andracil wrote: »
    Hello all! Seeing as a lot of questions get asked repeatedly here on beginner's guide, it was about time someone made an FAQ answering all those. So here it is! Obviously, feel free to still ask any question - this FAQ doesn't cover everything.

Thanks for nice FAQ!
  • Archibald - Raging Tide
    Archibald - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    andracil wrote: »
    CHARACTER RELATED
    How do I transfer items between characters on the same account?
    -You could mail the items at a postbox, just enter the character's name. Or you could bring both characters to a remote place, drop the items, then relog and pick them back up on the other character. Note that Perfect World Entertainment is not responsible for any items lost in this fashion.
    Also, you could ask someone you trust to trade the items to your other character.

There is also the Account Stash that can be bought in the cash shop. It works like a shared safe and can be opened at the banker.
  • Laafayette - Raging Tide
    Laafayette - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just started playing two days ago. Extremely noobish question: How come some enemies pursue you and some dont? Does this have anything to do with hitting level 20 or does it depend on the enemy?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just started playing two days ago. Extremely noobish question: How come some enemies pursue you and some dont? Does this have anything to do with hitting level 20 or does it depend on the enemy?

The latter. Some monsters are peaceful, some will aggro if you attack monsters of the same kind nearby, some will attack anything that comes nearby.

Just need to learn which is which by trial and error - though in general higher level monsters are rarely peaceful.
  • g30ff
    g30ff Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pls help when i try play it goes to the pathcer and says "client running Unable to proceed with update " and now i cant play :(
  • CoreyC - Harshlands
    CoreyC - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Excellent guide very useful.
    g30ff wrote: »
    Pls help when i try play it goes to the pathcer and says "client running Unable to proceed with update " and now i cant play :(

you might try ctr+alt+delete to bring up task manager and see if you can exit the client under the processes tab or you could try resetting your system, I am by no means an expert but i hope that works. Good luck!
  • ukebec
    ukebec Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've only played one other MMO, and it's vastly different than this one.

I had a quest to visit a banker to increase my ability to hold items I pick up after killing a monster. I double-clicked the NPC's name and it began automatically moving me to that NPC.

It took away from the mermaid islands to a large land and ran me right to an open field where I was hit in the head by a bolt of lightning, and died.

I resurrected myself only to run a few steps and have it happen again. Resurrected myself again and managed to avoid dying again and found the NPC. But upon attempting to complete the quest I received a message that I couldn't do the quest while dead.

Ummm...what do I do? I get the impression I can get a Revive from a merchant, but I have almost no money. Do I just wander around, not able to do that slot expansion quest, until I get the money for the Revive?

Sorry, I'm very confused. b:surrender
  • cutekassy
    cutekassy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hi! somebody there can help me please, i already log in and i did create my character but when i finish still said customize and i have to do it again never really start the game after i create my character what should dowhy always create and still not starting...
  • cat4321
    cat4321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hi all, help me please, my english is bad, where i can create my game account?
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    cat4321 wrote: »
    hi all, help me please, my english is bad, where i can create my game account?

If you don't have a Perfect World Account,

Set up a New Account.

Press above link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    tig3rkin6 wrote: »
    hi.

3str/1dex/1vit is one of the builds u can use.
    What do you mean by ur 2nd question?
  • kn868
    kn868 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hi I'm a level 1 archer but I ran out of level 0 arrows (yes I fail) and I've been trying to buy some but I can't find a shop for arrows, how do you buy stuff, and how do you increase your dexterity?
  • Rosario - Raging Tide
    Rosario - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:pleasedyou can buy arrows at the blacksmith but first you will have to complete some quests so you can go to city of the plume...your dextery is increased by the points you are granted with each tyme you level up, just click on your caracter its on the bottom of the screen or you can push the button c so your caracter info will apear
  • Antlantya - Raging Tide
    Antlantya - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have a problem with cultivating skills.
    I've got a quest to learn the manufacturing skill from Elder, but when I get there the whole virtual window is empty.How can I learn it?
  • mommabear
    mommabear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i see other ppl have pets that arent veno how do i go aboot gettin 1
  • moonlightfrolic
    moonlightfrolic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    how do i expand my inventory? it won't let me pick any other stuff up because it says it's full, but i know there's a way to expand it...i just don't know how..
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My mood was good right now.
    All answer was on these thread already.
    I have a problem with cultivating skills.
    I've got a quest to learn the manufacturing skill from Elder, but when I get there the whole virtual window is empty.How can I learn it?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1407402&postcount=3
    Ask for quest from elder (blacksmith, tailor, etc) he would tell you to talk with certain npc for gathering mats quest after you finish you get a lv 1 manufacture book. How to gather mats ? Buy a hoe from merchant npc for 2k.
    mommabear wrote: »
    i see other ppl have pets that arent veno how do i go aboot gettin 1
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1407452&postcount=7
    They were all class pet they not attacking just walking with you and they does not need food. You can make them from Mrs Zoologist in the southeast part of Archosaur.
    how do i expand my inventory? it won't let me pick any other stuff up because it says it's full, but i know there's a way to expand it...i just don't know how..
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1407442&postcount=6
    The only way to increase it is buying extension stone at boutique then talk to certain npc usually near banker at big city. To increase bank space you can ask quest from banker to increase safe space -gather material-.

These all was on front page. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • hyphiii
    hyphiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    On my newly made physic plz? ty all
  • vezzo
    vezzo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hola, yo soy de argentina, kisiera saber si hay alguien q sepa hablar espa
  • moonlightfrolic
    moonlightfrolic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hi, sorry to bother again, but is there a way to expand your inventory without paying real world cash for gold?