Charm Tick....

Options
13»

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    (insert trolling and flaming skills here)
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Was his decision to buy a charm no-one else's, he wasnt forced also if he is off ahead acting the idiot he deserves his charm to be removed by the will of the 'PW Gods'.

Charm's shouldnt tick is what most people tell me so why is it ok for a cleric's mp charm to tick? Should well meditate during instances to preserve our charm aswell and stop it doing the job it was intended for? Didn't think so because its ok for all us clerics to waste charms on ignorant people who think they are awesome but not for them when they have a single charm tick.

Tanks and all other classes should take not at the speed of a cleric, they are one of the slowest classes so it takes time so unless them have +speed gear they will remain slow of spam Holy Path on their genie which is expensive in chi stones to do it continually, so people should learn to wait for us to get there, or be prepared to use your pots/charm untill we do.

If the tank had gone on about me making his charm tick because he ran off ahead and acted like an idiot of wud of let his charm tick more and let him die at the boss depending what he said and who was in the squad as i wouldnt want to cause a party wipe of course.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Bottles - Dreamweaver
    Bottles - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Heh. My charm is my responsibility. I get annoyed when it ticks, sure, but if it's ticking, it's because some genius (me b:surrender ) was taking on more than she could, wasn't keeping tank pet alive or in the aggro, or was putting off the pots a little too late.

The thing that annoys me most about charms is that I can't use a MP-sucking skill without setting off my charm. Usually I'm not in any trouble when I'm taming or reviving, so that, to me, is the only "waste" there is of charm.
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i get the impression clerics are viewed as slaves of every other class. such a dumb way of looking at them. if it weren't for clerics we'd be all dead by now and dying over and over again. so in squads the cleric has the main role not the tanker...cause u can't by no means replace the cleric. so everyone with such an attitude ttowards them should jsut get kicked out of squad. or if ur not the leader get out urself...after a short while they'll be begging u to come back(and if not they have prolly found another one. but well if the other one let them mouth him off so its his prob.)

p.s didn't play a cleric past 30 lol but i sure know how dependant squads are on them
  • Lyxxx - Heavens Tear
    Lyxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:sad

Needless to say, anyone who complains about charm ticking will be treated specially by me. I mean, it's the charm's job to tick after usage.
    I really don't have anything else to add. I just like merry times with my squads. b:cute

Then it makes you an exception b:victory And Ill PM you when i need a barb that doesnt suffer from the "syndrome" b:thanks
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    there are times when you'd be pissed about charm ticks and times when you shouldn't be.

i once helped on a 202020, and this cleric was like semi-afk w/ her head up her ****. i literally ticked on every mob at least twice before even starting to receive heals, and we were all together not like i'd run ahead in a ******n 202020. someone would pull the mob, i'd take aggro, everyone's there, and no heals. i don't care if she was lagging or some **** but at least have the decency to party buff. of course we ask for buffs throughout the 202020 like 100 times and shes too busy talking to someone or something to give it. really, really makes you glad you decided to help.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    there are times when you'd be pissed about charm ticks and times when you shouldn't be.

i once helped on a 202020, and this cleric was like semi-afk w/ her head up her ****. i literally ticked on every mob at least twice before even starting to receive heals, and we were all together not like i'd run ahead in a ******n 202020. someone would pull the mob, i'd take aggro, everyone's there, and no heals. i don't care if she was lagging or some **** but at least have the decency to party buff. of course we ask for buffs throughout the 202020 like 100 times and shes too busy talking to someone or something to give it. really, really makes you glad you decided to help.

Now that is interesting... thats the 2nd perhaps valid post I've read for the "anger" side of the equation...

I suppose if a whole squad is running 202020 and not getting heals in time through the whole thing, there just might be a problem there... once or twice, ok, maybe its lag, 3 or 4, maybe cleric is just slow... but if they admit they aint really paying attention because their "too busy" chatting with someone else....... b:sad

Can't say I've had an exp like that but I think in that sorta case the whole party would be upset just on principal, nevermind the charm ticks.... b:surrender

edit: Sorry Hunter my bad, its fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Now that is interesting... thats the 1st perhaps valid post I've read for the "anger" side of the equation...

I suppose if a whole squad is running 202020 and not getting heals in time through the whole thing, there just might be a problem there... once or twice, ok, maybe its lag, 3 or 4, maybe cleric is just slow... but if they admit they aint really paying attention because their "too busy" chatting with someone else....... b:sad

Can't say I've had an exp like that but I think in that sorta case the whole party would be upset just on principal, nevermind the charm ticks.... b:surrender

Hey...mine was a valid post with no anger b:surrender.

EditL Thanks Boozin b:thanks.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Make a DD class. Or better yet, make a cleric so you see it from the others point of view.

If its only about saving your life and not loosing XP they also have guardian angels to solve that problem. Keep a few angels in storage to take along for dungeon run insurance. If healer gets lazy now and lets you die while fighting boss he/she will be next to die.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If healer gets lazy now and lets you die while fighting boss he/she will be next to die.

unless they were hanging back letting you die on purpose and had not healed at all b:chuckle

I had one case of a very stupid archer in fb29 (back when i was in my 40's whole squad was 30-40) who had a holy hissy cause he died. He died cause at the time i had not wisened up yet and healed him when he tried to leroy in and i had died before him. I was walking back in from town and he kept yelling I AM DEAD!! RES ME!! to which everyone else was like dude, the cleric died cause of you shes gotta walk back. So, due to the treatment, he died about three more times then got kicked out of squad by the squad leader for harassment b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I simply appreciate any cleric that is in our group who does the job they are there for. Provided that is what they do. If they are there to heal, they heal. There to tank, they tank.

If my charm ticks, oh well. That is part of the game. It would tick a lot more without a cleric in the squad. It's also my choice to be wearing the charm. They didn't make me buy it and put it on. I also have the option to heal myself via skills or potions. I never rely completely on the cleric to heal me. Nothing at all against clerics, one simply doesn't know when they might get lag, dc'd, or simply need a moment to recharge a skill or heal mana. I always carry a large amount of potion, multiflavors, or even crab meat and various other apothecary pills (dmg reduction, instant heals, etc). [omg!!! I'm a pill popper!! lmao!]

Clerics also get charm ticks from healing their squad. Getting mad at them if your hp charm ticks is just plain hypocritical.

I've been in squads with clerics who thought their job was to DD instead of heal and said (and I quote the one that stands out the most to me): "u guyz lookd lik u wer doin ok" b:cry I left that squad right after that. Sometimes I think that some of the better clerics should get together and start giving "classes" to these others. b:laugh Of course there probably should be a group for each class to do that lol
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ROFL I always find these funny. Since as a cleric, my charm ticks...all the time. Cuase thats what charms do...they tick. And I never so much as mention charm ticks Since, once again as a cleric, if my charm isn't ticking then...I'm not doing my job. If that character wasn't a tank and the tank was being actively healed, the cleric might not have known the character had a charm (or been too busy or something) on them I know sometimes I tend to be more lenient with a blademaster, since they can take a little bit more punishment and I can focus on the tank. But say, if I get distracted...which happens since I am a human being in addition to being a cleric (prestige class?) then they might...just might tick. It never hurts to mention to the cleric if you are charmed, since I know I feel bad when I let charms tick...but blowing up in my face is going to guarantee that I'm not going to feel bad anymore
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Out of all the times I tanked on my barb, of course my hp charm got hit, sometimes quite a few times in 1 fight. If I did complain about it, it was as a joke. It's there to get used, so if it does, it does.

One time though the cleric did tend to not even bother to heal me much so my charm got it a lot. Then I had a legitament complaint although I didn't say much.

Everyone in the party must work together to try to stop any charms from getting used but when it comes down to it, it WILL happen, so don't complain, just deal with it or do not ever equip one.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I will not dispute clerics can burn through many charms like it's going out of fashion.

I will not dispute that some clerics are lazy and let the charms of barbs and BMs take a beating because they think it's okay.

However.

Why are you all complaining?
    Charms are made to tick.

Better yet.
    You can do things to stop your charm from ticking.

The above two statements are so terribly important in this whole argument. Now then. By no means do I intend to cause an argument here, but when you buy a charm you buy it because you:
    a) want to make sure you won't let down your team by running out of MP/HP for skills
    b) are too lazy to go find some pots and event foods
    c) are cautious and have pots and event food, but have the charm there as a reserve in case that isn't enough

Don't complain when your charm ticks and everybody is doing their job. If the cleric is healing you properly, they're doing their job and it isn't their fault if your charm ticks. Be grateful you are alive.
    Clerics, maybe you're burning through an MP charm, but hey, the tank's still alive and you aren't dead either.

Now then! If the tank (barb, BM, archer - whoever) runs into fifty million mobs and complains that their charm ticks, well that's their own fault. Good for you, you moron, I hope your charm ticks more before the mobs kill you - maybe you'll learn something. Don't rage at the cleric.
    If the cleric is too lazy to heal and thinks that the HP charm is just there to let them be lazy, I hope their MP charm if they should be wearing one burns itself out fast as they spam other skills while they should actually be healing.

It goes both ways, but the end line is, your charm is made to tick - and you can stop it from ticking in the first place. Unless one of your squad members isn't actually pulling their weight in the team, there is no reason to complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with most of the points made. You buy the charm you are responsible for it. Clerics are great to have around if they can stop my Hp charm from ticking thats great. But I also make sure I have enough pots or potions from the apo to keep going just incase something happens to the cleric or they can't heal me in time.

But lets not forget that there are healing spells on some of the classes that help out as well. Venos have a healing spell that they can caste on themselves and wizards not only can heal themselves they can heal others. And lets not forget those wonderful genies that have second wind on them. This of course does not mean clerics can be replaced. Im just saying they deserve a little more respect then what they get.

If your charm ticks thats your own problem. Learn to use your skills and pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am on the side of you start complaining about your charm ticking i am likely to let it tick more. if you try to lerroy it your gonna pay the cost. when i was wearing a mp charm (before event foods) I would burn through a gold charm in a day easy if i did a few tt runs or what not.

I am sometimes annoyed when someone wants to play agro hot potato and see who can out damage each other. Then expect me to be able to keep up with who is getting hit while the barb tries desperately to reclaim agro from the fist bm/ archer / mage. While i try to keep em all alive when they dont have charms to back em up, or complain thier charms tick if they do. b:surrender

Haha, I have a few friends that I do many quests and instances with that enjoy doing that and give me such a hard time on vent. b:cry

I hardly do anything with a squad of strangers anymore. It prevents unnecessary arguments with people I don't care about. If I am forced/desperate and in a squad with people I don't know, I try to bring along a fellow ep friend. :3

When healing for pvp/pve, my mp charm ticking/spam of event pots never crosses my mind. All I care about is my squad doing well and winning as a whole. As much as I am pretty much a slave (happily) for my friends, I will not let a jerk treat me like ****. I've unfortunately run into them mainly in the guilds I've been in. They'll be halfway in an instance and start fighting mobs, as soon as their charms tick I'll get a "clerics ftw" in squad. Then for some reason it takes me awhile to reach them in the instance. :)
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As a blade and barb, I assume it is only fair if my HP charm ticks about as often as the cleric's MP charm. I did not know clerics had to go broke buying charms so that the rest of the party can get a free ride and not have to use Healing Pots or have their charms tick. I am happy if no squishies get killed and the cliric keeps me standing upright. When the instance is over and no one died, everyone is happy. The charm can tick now and then, no biggy. Usually, it is because someone else is in more danger of getting killed than me and the cleric keeps THEM standing upright before getting back to me.
    I even am happy when I am only 3/4 healed and go running off to kill the next bunch of mobs. Most clerics stop healing me rather than chase after me, only healing again after the rest of the group catches up. No big thing. I like getting the instance over with now, not an hour from now. If I was a slower, more sedate (and less psycho) player my charm would tick less often but it wuld take longer to get anything done--including leveling.

When running the barb though, I do check to make sure the rest of teh party is ready before running off. If the barb dies, parties can get wiped. Any one else but the cleric can run off like a psycho, get killed, and the party lives.
  • RaDeSK - Sanctuary
    RaDeSK - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    '-'... in this case probably was the tanker (oops badword), I mean, the guy who ran away fault, most of the boss in this game you can kill without charm or wasting pots @all, it will take more time but you'll not need to spend 1kk in a hp/mp charm. The dude complaint because he probably don't get thaaaaaaaat much money in the game and is desperate to make his hp/mp charm last for months or something.
    Besides tw and some bosses (when I say some, I really mean some few bosses that you have no other option beside use the item), ah, and of course pk, don't equip it -_- or @ least don't complain about wasting it.
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It kills me when people whine about charm ticks, especially stupid people...which usually are the ones whining. They try to argue,'i spent all this money/coin on a charm and now it ticks wahwahblahblah ect.', but no. You bought the charm so you won't be shaking hands with death should your hp drop below 50%, and guess what happens when you get that low...wait for it...THE CHARM TICKS! OMG NO WAI!

Having played a wide range of Mmo's, always in the role of the tank or a dps, I can say that in any party/dungeon/raid/whatever you wanna call it scenario, the healers job is always the same: heal, the, tank. Tank stays healthy, mob aggro doesn't go nuts and wipe the rest of the group, everyone is happy. I've never played a healer but you don't need to play a healer, to know they're focus is on the guy who is keeping the mob from chewing them up to bits. Checking on the rest of the party and keeping them up is a secondary measure.

For people too worried about letting their charm do it's job, here is what you need to do. Step 1: farm & make or buy health pots, by the hundreds. This one is pretty obvious. Step 2: as another poster said, make use of your class/genie's skill(s) for quick self heals. If your class doesn't have one, teach your genie the heal, and if you don't want to...see step 3 ->. Step 3: if you are A) the tank. Well this spot I have to say your charm shouldn't tick, but it does happen here and there. Bring pots, or check your gear, perhaps it's a bit too low grade for the content you're running or B) if you're a dps/dd/damager whatever you wanna call it role, it's YOUR responsibility to assist the tank and attack the target he/she is attacking, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure you don't over aggro, and understand you will suffer the consequences if you do so, and it is YOUR responsibility to understand that you are not 'leet' and the cleric should spam heal you, not the tank, when you rush into 5+ elites and think you can aoe them down...in other words don't be an idiot or deal with the charm tick. Last step, #4: don't wear one! That's right. Don't wanna see it tick? Buy some ga's instead so when you die, you won't lose xp, and then you can't complain about 'wasting' your charm.
    *end rant* . - .
  • Anjin_fujiko - Sanctuary
    Anjin_fujiko - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i get the impression clerics are viewed as slaves of every other class. such a dumb way of looking at them. if it weren't for clerics we'd be all dead by now and dying over and over again. so in squads the cleric has the main role not the tanker...cause u can't by no means replace the cleric. so everyone with such an attitude ttowards them should jsut get kicked out of squad. or if ur not the leader get out urself...after a short while they'll be begging u to come back(and if not they have prolly found another one. but well if the other one let them mouth him off so its his prob.)

p.s didn't play a cleric past 30 lol but i sure know how dependant squads are on them

I have play cleric/veno(herc)/BM all at lvl 80+ and on the last TT (2-2)run join in when a faction mate ask for a second cleric. When we start I ask them to kill all mobs in the way and they do the run instead than got me killed. I get rez by the first cleric. When we get to the boss barb take on the boss with out warning, first cleric was busy chatting and not healing so we get squad wipe so they say I am a lower lvl cleric I go to town (that fine with me I go to town, come back and rez the squad) we go after the boss again and the first cleric wont heal or DD but stand around and give me the hard time. So I told the barb be ready to run for his live I leave the squad and do a town portals so barb die and squad wipe again they ask me to rejoin squad to rez them which I did come back and rez everyone but that one cleric
    come to find out that cleric did not want to get his charm tick on healing or DD. That to show some ppl ingame think that their charm or money worth more than your or my. Then I am happy to let them die and lay there while I move on.
  • Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ok i got to page 6 and got bored reading the same thing over and over.. i was looking for the pnt of say 3-3/nv with all 100+aps dds minus barb. Ok so your dd goes in charmed but because we are average geared aps, barb can spam ream all day and agro sitll bounces around- have any of you that **** about the charms every considered the fact you tick before i can even change targets? not that i didnt see, not that i didnt care, just humanly cant move that fast. I see it alot in random nv squads. Personally would rather you run uncharmed for the simple fact of i havent had anyone die other than to their own stupidity in ages, i can easily save your life but your charm.... once again dont wear it if you cant handle the agro change tick (*cough* sins/badly geared aps bms*). Now heres another one frosting about a month ago for 101 i had a sin that swore up and down he was tcking (8khp sin ticking orrlly?). his hp asnt moving etc.. but yet i get these demands : heal me heal me heal me heal me heal me. (ok dude your hps not moving and someone elses is.. ) eventually i told him if he sucked so bad he was autoticking (agros clearing mostly on someone else) perhaps you should upgrade because I cant see any logical reason to waste heals on hp that i havent seen move once. I think in my noob opinion he was just being an *** because he could be.

As far as eps with charms only time i wear one is if im planning on going on a pk binge. Other wise i never have problems keeping up with my own heals/mp pots.

I look at it the same way others do. If your stupid you die unless I can REASONABLY save you. I have no problems with barbs not tanking, in most 100+ cases they arnt going to be so just devour imop less agro change =more prevention of charm tickage. I have been the ep to tell warn ppl if they make demands/yell you've pissed off the wrong person. I love to heal its my job, if i can debuff and throw a random tempest in sure if not im healing, so you get the heals you get and gtfo otherwise-usually try real hard though to you **** me off then boy that one charm tick might end up being 50 before your done, because really i dont need the ppl like that to make things work. There are plenty of other appreicative dd out there.

I am well known for saying *BITE ME*.
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    necrooooOooOOoOOoo :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why people rage when their charms tick:

Said people may have come across those really bad clerics that tend to not heal as efficiently as they are supposed to (as in, enough to cause a charm to not tick). I have seen 20k+ HP barbs' charms tick because the cleric in the squad wanted to DD rather than do their job. Those rants and rages are understandable.

Why some clerics 'let' your charm tick:

1) Charmed rager is being a jerk and let's face it, from what I've read, clerics seem to take a lot of verbal abuse. If I was on the receiving end, I couldn't help but let you actually use your charm for what it was for until you either wasted your time to kick me and replace me or just flat out leave the squad.

2) Rager ran way ahead of said cleric. Not everyone wants Holy Path on their genie and might find another skill more useful than running at 15m/s for a few seconds. They assume everyone has the same genies and the same skills.

3) Other stuff. This can be things like lag, blood paint, aggro hopping, etc. The other day in Nirvana, NO ONE'S HP MOVED and there was no veno in our squad. After 15+ seconds of this, I finally asked who was tanking and no one knew (LOL)! It wasn't until someone said "it's probably ___, he/she has higher damage/ APS than the rest of us, so heal them." Literally, a second later, their HP moved a tiny bit.

I blame stupidity and lack of communication as the leading factors of players yelling at clerics.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.