Charm Tick....

Options
Boozin - Sanctuary
Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
So when running a bh last night, it happens yet again...

One of the squad members starts raging and hating at the cleric in the party because "you let my charm tick" ...

Not gonna post a wall of text to explain the situation, but needless to say said character was being totally reckless and it was their own fault they got so far ahed of the cleric and the rest of the party...

But this is not the first time I have come across people who fly off the handle with anger if their charm takes a single hit.. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If you don't want your charm to tick, wtf are you even wearing one for? It seems to me that this is the same logic as a drowning man when he realizes the life preserver he is wearing saved his life then gets mad he put it on before falling in the water....

Can someone please explain to me why sooooooo many people rage when their charm ticks ??(especially when its their own fault) You bought the charm to refill your hp or/and mp ... when it does just that, your pissed off about it?
b:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Boozin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

One of the squad members starts raging and hating at the cleric in the party because "you let my charm tick" ...

Not gonna post a wall of text to explain the situation, but needless to say said character was being totally reckless and it was their own fault they got so far ahed of the cleric and the rest of the party...

But this is not the first time I have come across people who fly off the handle with anger if their charm takes a single hit.. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If you don't want your charm to tick, wtf are you even wearing one for? It seems to me that this is the same logic as a drowning man when he realizes the life preserver he is wearing saved his life then gets mad he put it on before falling in the water....

Can someone please explain to me why sooooooo many people rage when their charm ticks ??(especially when its their own fault) You bought the charm to refill your hp or/and mp ... when it does just that, your pissed off about it?

Because those type of people you mentioned are selfish. As a cleric, I became used to it. I dealt with it by pushing the ignore button lol or sometimes I would just let the person's tick even more. b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because those type of people you mentioned are selfish. As a cleric, I became used to it. I dealt with it by pushing the ignore button lol or sometimes I would just let the person's tick even more. b:laugh

b:surrender Do the same thing b:victory

And really? MP Charms tick 2x as often as HP....ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SabreSnake - Heavens Tear
    SabreSnake - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

ok ill explain lol... some people get dissconnected , the only way to stop ur self dying is to wear a charm, if it gets wasted you get annoyedb:angry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok ill explain lol... some people get dissconnected , the only way to stop ur self dying is to wear a charm, if it gets wasted you get annoyedb:angry

Bad explanation imo....no offence.

It is not a Clerics "job" to know when someone is gonna disconnect and that is also NOT why many wear charms.

Without causing a war here...I would like to bring up something to think about -->

Anyone ever think that Cleric's waste more charm then tanks? I can go through a Plat MP charm in one day and have a tanks charm hardly tick if at all b:sad

Worst mana drain ever had --> Nirvana 2 days, 2 Plat MP...I run without charm now, now that I know the instance well b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options
    Bad explanation imo....no offence.

It is not a Clerics "job" to know when someone is gonna disconnect and that is also NOT why many wear charms.

Without causing a war here...I would like to bring up something to think about -->

Anyone ever think that Cleric's waste more charm then tanks? I can go through a Plat MP charm in one day and have a tanks charm hardly tick if at all b:sad

Worst mana drain ever had --> Nirvana 2 days, 2 Plat MP...I run without charm now, now that I know the instance well b:chuckle

Nirvana....cant wait b:shocked
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I buy a charm for it to save my life.

Not so that cleric can be lazy and to save their charms, won't heal me.

To save both charms a bit of a beating, both parties have to make use of theirs. This way everyone involved uses a bit less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nirvana....cant wait b:shocked

b:cute Addicted to it!!

To save both charms a bit of a beating, both parties have to make use of theirs. This way everyone involved uses a bit less.

What? I have no idea who your Cleric's are there, but I can BURN charms from the lameness of many who want to ninja in instances to "test" or because they think they are so pro. I just will not do it and waste my time nor the HP of the rest of the squad because someone wants to go all nuts.

Like I said....Cleric's waste more charm then any other class because they are trying to save others. But I for one will not go all out to save a person who insists on testing their limits and mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im not going to heal a Leeroy Jenkins.. ijs, if they wanna be reckless let them die. Im not going to risk losing a different party member because of their stupidity.
    edited January 2010
    Options

What IF a cleric uses mp charm? Can you please explain that? Please don't flame btw I'm trying to make my point.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im not going to heal a Leeroy Jenkins.. ijs, if they wanna be reckless let them die. Im not going to risk losing a different party member because of their stupidity.

^ This

Not worth it!! And we are too slow for that...waste my Genie Energy and Speed pots...pft
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anyone who complains about their charm ticking is just silly and people should make sure they and their friends don't party with them.

It funny how it's always about the Tank's charm and never the Cleric blowing through their charm.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anyone who complains about their charm ticking is just silly and people should make sure they and their friends don't party with them.

It funny how it's always about the Tank's charm and never the Cleric blowing through their charm.

+1 My point exactly b:victory
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i havent worn a mp charm in about 20 levels <_<.

Makes it somewhat hard to pvp, but its more of a challenge.b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    honestly i could care less when some1 sais that line to me...

if hey QQ about theyre charm being wasted then they dont know what its for
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i havent worn a mp charm in about 20 levels <_<.

Makes it somewhat hard to pvp, but its more of a challenge.b:victory

Is it good to wear mp charm because of plume shell? b:surrender Better protection for cleric?
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What? I have no idea who your Cleric's are there, but I can BURN charms from the lameness of many who want to ninja in instances to "test" or because they think they are so pro. I just will not do it and waste my time nor the HP of the rest of the squad because someone wants to go all nuts.

Like I said....Cleric's waste more charm then any other class because they are trying to save others. But I for one will not go all out to save a person who insists on testing their limits and mine.

I know my limits - if I run like a headless chicken, I generally know I can live through it. FB/BH51 I'm looking in your direction - my last 51 run as a BM/Cleric combo, I used more pots to keep my MP up on my BM than my cleric... because I was barely healing myself, because I wouldn't aggro a ton of mobs. 24 mins. run, not a single death, I was the only cleric. Was a faction group too, so that helped.

If my charm ticks, well I'm the one who ran in: I won't go nuts at the cleric, I'm the one who ran in.

But I've been with clerics who go "yeah, you're charmed, I'm not healing you; you can survive without a healer... so I'll just stand around looking pretty while you do all the work. So who cares if your charm ticks, mine is saved." And I've been blatantly told something similar once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Is it good to where mp charm because of plume shell? b:surrender Better protection for cleric?

Plume shell can KILL your MP pool in a matter of seconds if not less, but it can be done without a charm.

You have to be 100% aware of this and have your MP pot on a hot-key for spammability. Event pots = b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options
    Plume shell can KILL your MP pool in a matter of seconds if not less, but it can be done without a charm.

You have to be 100% aware of this and have your MP pot on a hot-key for spammability. Event pots = b:dirty

Srry it was just a speculation. b:thanks I luv MP pots btw
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options

certain archers/ or ganks go thru my entire pool in like 2 seconds lol x-x.

even if i use apoth pots to decrease the damage by half xD
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Cleric's who say the below are the lazy ones...my response to you was mainly to point out that not all Cleric's are lazy and they in fact many are selfless and ask for nothing in return even in those insane instance runs (omfg I have been there....4 Nirvana runs with more then 20 deaths, when we were getting the hang of it and helping others learn, for myself is a killer.......WTB> No loss of Exp for those with lvl 11 Res b:surrender.....b:cry it is just not fair...../end side rant)
    I know my limits - if I run like a headless chicken, I generally know I can live through it. FB/BH51 I'm looking in your direction - my last 51 run as a BM/Cleric combo, I used more pots to keep my MP up on my BM than my cleric... because I was barely healing myself, because I wouldn't aggro a ton of mobs. 24 mins. run, not a single death, I was the only cleric. Was a faction group too, so that helped.

If my charm ticks, well I'm the one who ran in: I won't go nuts at the cleric, I'm the one who ran in.

But I've been with clerics who go "yeah, you're charmed, I'm not healing you; you can survive without a healer... so I'll just stand around looking pretty while you do all the work. So who cares if your charm ticks, mine is saved." And I've been blatantly told something similar once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options
    certain archers/ or ganks go thru my entire pool in like 2 seconds lol x-x.

even if i use apoth pots to decrease the damage by half xD

b:shocked I had that kind of experience dueling a barb once. His armaggedon killed both my mp and hp while i had plume shell on.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:shocked I had that kind of experience dueling a barb once. His armaggedon killed both my mp and hp while i had plume shell on.

<3 absolute domain for those.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Cleric's who say the below are the lazy ones...my response to you was mainly to point out that not all Cleric's are lazy and they in fact many are selfless and ask for nothing in return even in those insane instance runs (omfg I have been there....4 Nirvana runs with more then 20 deaths for myself is a killer.......WTB> No loss of Exp for those with lvl 11 Res b:surrender.....b:cry it is just not fair...../end side rant)

Hehe sorry, I kinda misinterpreted that. And I agree; some are selfless and will go through a lot to save others' behinds. I'm in the middle on this one, as a cleric. You rush, if I can catch up to you and save you, it'll balance out somewhere in the universe. If I can't... same thing. Just don't go blaming me if you rushed 50 meters ahead of me with a speed buff, 'cause with my 4.8m/s there's a big chance I won't get there.

But then again, there's people at the opposite end of each spectrum. And I fall on 'em every now and then: from the barb who QQs and ragequits at the very first charm tick (or death... yes, I've witnessed barbs ragequit after they ran up to a TT boss without asking if team was ready), to the lazy cleric... they just stick a lot more out in my mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Very true...I let people die now if they go all crazy. Mainly because if it will put the entire squad in danger, it is not worth it. Besides....people can get res'd, when Clerics lose the exp if they decide not to carry dolls.

It is a hit and miss thing and there will always be the good ones and the bad ones on both sides.
    Hehe sorry, I kinda misinterpreted that. And I agree; some are selfless and will go through a lot to save others' behinds. I'm in the middle on this one, as a cleric. You rush, if I can catch up to you and save you, it'll balance out somewhere in the universe. If I can't... same thing. Just don't go blaming me if you rushed 50 meters ahead of me with a speed buff, 'cause with my 4.8m/s there's a big chance I won't get there.

But then again, there's people at the opposite end of each spectrum. And I fall on 'em every now and then: from the barb who QQs and ragequits at the very first charm tick (or death... yes, I've witnessed barbs ragequit after they ran up to a TT boss without asking if team was ready), to the lazy cleric... they just stick a lot more out in my mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anyone ever think that Cleric's waste more charm then tanks? I can go through a Plat MP charm in one day and have a tanks charm hardly tick if at all

On a day to day basis I have NO doubt at all this is true... but just to throw it out there I burn through hp charms quite a bit with my 7x barb doing solo TT runs, but ya, hardly the point.. its a solo instance, I choose to run it, so I accept what comes with it..

back on point..

Must say, reading everyone's responses has restored my faith in humanity. I have seen so many people complain about charm ticks lately I was almost tearing my hair out which is what lead me to start this thread...

I gots nothin but respect for clerics that selflessly burn their charms healing, and the same for tanks or DD's that if someone makes a misstep can use their charm as a backup till the squad regroups. (or just anyone in general who agrees with me that you bought the charm SO THAT IT COULD tick to help ya and don't feel the need to broadcast hate when it does)

And I laugh a little inside when I read a few clerics posting that if they get a complaint from some idiot raging about a charm tick that they may just let said idiots charm burn a little bit more for it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyxxx - Heavens Tear
    Lyxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Very simple sulotion to this bickering - DONT WEAR A CHARM IF U DONT WANT IT TO TICK - btw I came up with a name for that is the Barb Syndrome b:chuckle
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    HP charms are mean to be used when they are needed. If someone didn't have one for it to tick instead of complaining about it ticking they would complain about dying.

Having now played a cleric up to level 69 I can fully appreciate their role in a party more than ever.

Nothing like trying to keep a party alive with 1 barb; 1bm; 2 archers; 1 wizard. Talk about stretching your skills if they aren't using team work taking down one mob at a time.

And at some points you just have to make decisions. Keep barb alive let others handle their mobs on their own. They decided they could do it let them live with the consequences. If I can get to them fine. But if they die and the mob comes for me it could be possible party wipe. I personally would rather avoid party wipe.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

So you've never heard of second wind? Event food? Apothocary items? People who scream at the cleric because their charm ticked are just lazy unless of course the cleric isn't healing at all.

D/c is one thing, but ppl don't wear charms b/c of that. They wear them JUST IN CASE they take on a bit more than they can handle. If you see the cleric is having a tough time keeping up, by all means hit that HP pot, or that event food. It takes very little effort and will also keep your precious charm from ticking.

I have met very few "lazy" clerics. I on the other hand have met quite a few lazy tanks. Please read the above response!

My husband is a lvl 88 barb, my mother is a lvl 87 cleric. They are constantly bantering. "heal me my charm is ticking" (barb) "I am but don't think my charm isn't ticking while I"m healing you" (cleric) "Why don't you both shut up, my charm is ticking b/c I just took aggro, I use lots of money for arrows and I have repair bills too" (archer)

This usually shuts both of them up... Its selfish to think of only yourself.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What they said, just with more "let them die or burn charm".

Heck i stopped using a MP charm, but still burn tons and tons of pots and still get a higher cost then someone with a charm that never ticks.
    And when it does tick it's lol, inb4Q_Q and accusations.
    Am i the only one who finds it funny that DD's find their HP more important then the tanks X_?
    b:dirty
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What they said, just with more "let them die or burn charm".

Heck i stopped using a MP charm, but still burn tons and tons of pots and still get a higher cost then someone with a charm that never ticks.
    And when it does tick it's lol, inb4Q_Q and accusations.
    Am i the only one who finds it funny that DD's find their HP more important then the tanks X_?

I don't think anyone said that. I am a DD and I will use wingspan when the tank has died just to pull aggro and try to save the cleric. I often die b/c of this but save a party wipe.

The truth is NO 1 party member is more important or expendable then the other. We all work hard to get our exp, we all work hard for the money we attain in game.

I'd like to point out, that some DD's are actually tanks as well. Barbs very rarely can tank mantavip at the lvl the quest is recieved. (I actually don't know any but know some1 who swears they did). There are plenty of bosses in fb/tt that is better for someone other than heavy users to tank. Point is, that DD's aren't just DD's we often are also tanks.

I can tank many bosses, among them Jewels, mantavip, and raged wraith chief. If someone can do the job, it doesn't matter their class and weather or not they are considered a "tank".
This discussion has been closed.