Charm Tick....

Options

Comments

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am on the side of you start complaining about your charm ticking i am likely to let it tick more. if you try to lerroy it your gonna pay the cost. when i was wearing a mp charm (before event foods) I would burn through a gold charm in a day easy if i did a few tt runs or what not.

I am sometimes annoyed when someone wants to play agro hot potato and see who can out damage each other. Then expect me to be able to keep up with who is getting hit while the barb tries desperately to reclaim agro from the fist bm/ archer / mage. While i try to keep em all alive when they dont have charms to back em up, or complain thier charms tick if they do. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't think anyone said that. I am a DD and I will use wingspan when the tank has died just to pull aggro and try to save the cleric. I often die b/c of this but save a party wipe.

The truth is NO 1 party member is more important or expendable then the other. We all work hard to get our exp, we all work hard for the money we attain in game.

I'd like to point out, that some DD's are actually tanks as well. Barbs very rarely can tank mantavip at the lvl the quest is recieved. (I actually don't know any but know some1 who swears they did). There are plenty of bosses in fb/tt that is better for someone other than heavy users to tank. Point is, that DD's aren't just DD's we often are also tanks.

I can tank many bosses, among them Jewels, mantavip, and raged wraith chief. If someone can do the job, it doesn't matter their class and weather or not they are considered a "tank".

I totally agree. And dont get me wrong, if something goes wrong, DD gets aggro ill try and save you, no questions asked.
    And yes, barbs are not always best tanks, but it's very rare.
    So the point was, me(cleric) is healing a barb, and for some reason i cant keep up with everyone else (AoE), and i have no choice but to let you charm tick or use pots. After that some will QQ, and thats whats funny. Risk a party wipe just so you dont have to use 2 pots, while the barb and me usually get the bitter end of things...
    b:dirty
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So the point was, me(cleric) is healing a barb, and for some reason i cant keep up with everyone else (AoE), and i have no choice but to let you charm tick or use pots. After that some will QQ, and thats whats funny. Risk a party wipe just so you dont have to use 2 pots, while the barb and me usually get the bitter end of things...

^ This illustrates perfectly what I'm talking about b:thanks

Party wipe or 1 charm tick... or even better, use a pot for yourself once in awhile and not just leave the entire burden of healing on a cleric....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because those type of people you mentioned are selfish. As a cleric, I became used to it. I dealt with it by pushing the ignore button lol or sometimes I would just let the person's tick even more. b:laugh
    same i let it tick if their **** tards about it. Only problem in the recent months were 2 from the biggest fac in sanc husband and wife (no surprise) Their like totally half afk and insisted that i BB in warsong cause it ticked their charm.......... yeah right. (its metal pavillion, of course now we know we dont even have to go there now)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I am on the side of you start complaining about your charm ticking i am likely to let it tick more. if you try to lerroy it your gonna pay the cost. when i was wearing a mp charm (before event foods) I would burn through a gold charm in a day easy if i did a few tt runs or what not.

I am sometimes annoyed when someone wants to play agro hot potato and see who can out damage each other. Then expect me to be able to keep up with who is getting hit while the barb tries desperately to reclaim agro from the fist bm/ archer / mage. While i try to keep em all alive when they dont have charms to back em up, or complain thier charms tick if they do. b:surrender

Ah yes, you mean those people who gripe like they have been using nothing but a charm since level 1. I never personally TRY to outdamage the barb, but I'm an archer; lets face it, it happens. As I posted in a prior post when you have a 70k crit, followed by 4 or 5 30/40k crits then an 80k crit ... you are going to pull aggro. Barb can only do so much. They have cool downs on skills too. I never complain my charm is ticking, however; I do complain about incompetent squad members who do not know how to play their class. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out when you are killing a boss and there is only one cleric they should be healing, not damage dealing. (just an example, not picking on clerics).
    I totally agree. And dont get me wrong, if something goes wrong, DD gets aggro ill try and save you, no questions asked.
    And yes, barbs are not always best tanks, but it's very rare.

Ah ok. I took your post differently then you meant it. And yes, my favorite is when killing pole/nob in 69 and there is only 1 cleric and of course he/she needs to be focused on the barb and some noob can't be bothered to use a pot/event food thinking the cleric should heal them too.

FYI to prior post I wasn't complaining about my repairs/charm usage. Its usually very minimal, my point was that every class has expenses; thinking that barbs/clerics are the only one is asinine for anyone.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Where are we in this debate? I want to put my 2 cents in!

Referring only to the first post, I don't think people should blame you for their charm ticking. Obviously if you are a healer and you're almost letting your party drop it's a problem, but they bought the charm, it's not your job to protect their investment!

Please note that I do not heal in PWI, but I've healed in plenty of other games. It seems to me that healers get yelled at regardless of what they do. I've been yelled at when an undergeared "tank" ran into a boss fight and got 3 shotted, and with his horrible gear there was no way I could have ever kept him up.
    edited January 2010
    Options

Referring only to the first post, I don't think people should blame you for their charm ticking. Obviously if you are a healer and you're almost letting your party drop it's a problem, but they bought the charm, it's not your job to protect their investment!

Please note that I do not heal in PWI, but I've healed in plenty of other games. It seems to me that healers get yelled at regardless of what they do. I've been yelled at when an undergeared "tank" ran into a boss fight and got 3 shotted, and with his horrible gear there was no way I could have ever kept him up.

Ah yes its a fun debate!!! One of the few so far not down in flames! Good points to every side!

Gears have a lot to do with it, you are right about that! A level 70 barb with all npc gears and no shards would be a tragedy... and a party wipe!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ah yes its a fun debate!!! One of the few so far not down in flames! Good points to every side!

Gears have a lot to do with it, you are right about that! A level 70 barb with all npc gears and no shards would be a tragedy... and a party wipe!

Agree 100%

So far it is a very good debate with no flames and actual discussing b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

spoons what class do you play in pwi? No, what class do you TW with?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options

My prediction --> He will now say b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He plays the Mr.T Mohawk Warrior

[we do not discuss other games on these forums]
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont go solo on mobs like feeling pro, but there are other situations as when bosses have aoe, and also some of us got zerker axes... b:cute
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "The secret is in the frosting, but I'll never tell!" -Peter Griffin

Suffice to say, in the world of MMORPGs, I've played many variations of the "main" classes, so I do my best to speak generally and not cater to any specific class.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ah yes, you mean those people who gripe like they have been using nothing but a charm since level 1. I never personally TRY to outdamage the barb, but I'm an archer; lets face it, it happens. As I posted in a prior post when you have a 70k crit, followed by 4 or 5 30/40k crits then an 80k crit ... you are going to pull aggro. Barb can only do so much. They have cool downs on skills too. I never complain my charm is ticking, however; I do complain about incompetent squad members who do not know how to play their class. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out when you are killing a boss and there is only one cleric they should be healing, not damage dealing. (just an example, not picking on clerics).

I was not directing that at archers in general nor meaning it ill, sometimes these things happen. however to a degree you can try to control your agro as much as posiable. should your tank be lower level then you you would not sage/demon spark and expect him to be able to hold it 100% of the time ect. there is after all as you said cool downs to the skills.

as far as people not playing thier class, nothing ticks me off more then my back up cleric being an attack cleric. what do you mean your level 75 and dont even have lvl 1 IH?!?!?! (actually happened around that level)
    Or people who were looking for a dd for TT, you ask if they would accept a cleric DD they say yes and invite you. You start attacking on first boss only to notice the (lower level and not as well geared) cleric is not healing but dding herself.. so you have to spam heal hoping to get the barb back up to full health (who didnt have a charm). it was the cleric who said yes in the first place!
    and dont get me started on DD barbs who dont have tiger skills. when your doing 1-3 and your barb, who is of the correct level range, tells you when you get to the boss I cant tank drum, there is a problem. or doing armor boss in 1-3 also with said barb and the herc veno got into aoe range and died, who got agro, me the cleric of course, so spam healing myself while everyone else scatters and he is going run!!! luckily my rl best friend was in squad and explained to him she CANT run if she stops healing she dies and he realized he had to get agro off me long enough to res the veno

If you want to have an unique build tell your squad up front!! all is well if you tell your squad up front but if you dont people expect you to be able to fill them rolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What works for me:

1. I'm healing to keep you alive, not your charm, I really couldn't care less if your charm ticks

2. I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job

3. Wanna make a deal? You kill the boss, I don't let you die, other then that... you're problem.

4. I'll heal and res you so we can continue, but if you are looking for a saviour, there must be a church somewhere...

5. You cover me and make sure I don't get hit? Pull mobs off me when they come for me? Then I'll be very much inclined to keep you alive and heal you at all times even if it at times means getting heal aggro, otherwise.... well, you know.

6. You wine, you die... you wine more, you die a lot

7. Overcourageaus squad? Let the first one die soon to adjust expectations. Res, try again. If the idea is this that they are dealing with a potential fail cleric, everyone gets cautious, otherwise everyone thinks they are invincible.

8. Unnecessary scared friendly squad (=friends)?... tank it untill they jump in, or die first and laugh it off. Try again, this time seriously with cautious tank.

9. Unnecessary scared not well known/unfriendly squad? Group heal untill you figure out who the reliable tank is. Team up with tank, spam heal more then necessary until tank is confident, let the rest DD.

10. expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town"

You probably think I'm an awful cleric... b:surrender
    I know it all sounds horrible, but in my experience, no one respects you if you're a doormat and you pay for it by dieing repeatedly.
    So don't be one
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    HP charms are mean to be used when they are needed. If someone didn't have one for it to tick instead of complaining about it ticking they would complain about dying.

Having now played a cleric up to level 69 I can fully appreciate their role in a party more than ever.

Nothing like trying to keep a party alive with 1 barb; 1bm; 2 archers; 1 wizard. Talk about stretching your skills if they aren't using team work taking down one mob at a time.

And at some points you just have to make decisions. Keep barb alive let others handle their mobs on their own. They decided they could do it let them live with the consequences. If I can get to them fine. But if they die and the mob comes for me it could be possible party wipe. I personally would rather avoid party wipe.

So you'd keep me alive to keep you alive? Sounds like a good trade to me!

But seriously, clerics have a lot more work to do than either barbs or DDs. Keeping peeps alive and purified is a lot more skill oriented than some people think. I've squadded with good clerics, average clerics and some that I'll never, never, NEVER squad with again. (You know who you are panic princess, and blue bubble ballerina!) I don't complain in-squad. I will at times pm someone and mention something, but that is rare. I just don't squad with them again-Ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have met very few "lazy" clerics. I on the other hand have met quite a few lazy tanks. Please read the above response!

My husband is a lvl 88 barb, my mother is a lvl 87 cleric. They are constantly bantering. "heal me my charm is ticking" (barb) "I am but don't think my charm isn't ticking while I"m healing you" (cleric) "Why don't you both shut up, my charm is ticking b/c I just took aggro, I use lots of money for arrows and I have repair bills too" (archer)

This usually shuts both of them up... Its selfish to think of only yourself.

I've met more than one. It gets on my nerves when I'm being told that my money is worth less than theirs, or my time, or anything along the lines.

I've met lazy tanks as well; those who expect the clerics to keep them up alive without a single charm tick, or they ragequit on you. I tend to be charmed, and I use sutra/TOP more than people think. I appreciate the heals when a cleric will throw 'em at me when I'm on an AOE boss in TT, but otherwise, I have sutra, and I make a good use of it. I don't expect the cleric to take care of me 24/7, 365 days a year. I have ways of self-healing, I'll use them before my charm ticks because it's my responsability, and I can't depend on other people all the time. Thus why I have a BM and a cleric.

But when I'm tanking a boss, the cleric is there chatting and not giving a damn about me getting massacred here despite my use of Sutra, TOP, pots and other apothecary items... or when a cleric does that to a tank that's not me... just because we're charmed? I'm known to have a big mouth, I won't stay silent.

However, if cleric has troubles, dies, disconnects, etc... if my charm can save us from a party wipe or from someone else's detah... I'll gladly let it tick. I've soloed a good 50% of 1-1 squad drummer boss on charm/apo/sutra/TOP just to prevent a full squad wipe.

It's highly contextual. But the lazy folks **** me off, whether it's a tank, cleric, or DDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    10. expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town"

I lol'd irl!! b:chuckle

I do understand though...I have died myself from the squads stupidity. and I have to say, I think it suc's because Clerics still lose the exp unless they invest in dolls. And yet they can come back and assist in other's exp b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    Options
    "The secret is in the frosting, but I'll never tell!" -Peter Griffin

Suffice to say, in the world of MMORPGs, I've played many variations of the "main" classes, so I do my best to speak generally and not cater to any specific class.

I knew he wouldn't tell :) He's been asked before.

I do have an interesting question though. Even though we don't know what class/server you play, can you tell us if you've ever submitted a ticket yourself regarding the behavior of another player? If so... do you get to answer that ticket as a GM or do you have someone else do it? If you aren't comfortable answering the second one, please at least answer the first question!!
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear80
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear80 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally I wear a plat HP charm at all times with the intention if it ticking on a fairly constant basis. It lets me quest / grind with no down time at all. Of course I use pots, skills, and genie skills now and then to help keep it from ticking, but it's not a big deal.

However there is ONE case where it pisses me off:
    Fighting some mobs near the Kings Feast area, had a gold HP charm on with about 400k left on it. Disconnected! (dun dun dunnnn)

Long story short, I didn't have a charm anymore when I got my internet fixed. -.-
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont go solo on mobs like feeling pro, but there are other situations as when bosses have aoe, and also some of us got zerker axes... b:cute

Boss aoe all depends on the situation: Does the boss cancel BB ? , Is there more than one Cleric ? Does the tank need healing and purifying ? etc etc etc

Should always go into every situation with enough pots etc to be able to keep yourself alive. You never know when there might be only 1 Cleric, A bab Cleric, A Cleric with lag or later BH's no Cleric at all.

If you use zerk weapons than a Cleric shouldnt worry about healing the dmg caused by them (its nice if they do), unless you are the main tank. Its our choice to use those weapons so just pop a pot afterwards to heal yourself.

No one likes their charm to tick, but my view is " If it does it does thats what I bought it to do ". So Im not going to complain at the Cleric if it does.

Now my charm ticking because of idiots going leeroy is a differant matter b:angry
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What works for me:

1. I'm healing to keep you alive, not your charm, I really couldn't care less if your charm ticks

2. I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job

3. Wanna make a deal? You kill the boss, I don't let you die, other then that... you're problem.

4. I'll heal and res you so we can continue, but if you are looking for a saviour, there must be a church somewhere...

5. You cover me and make sure I don't get hit? Pull mobs off me when they come for me? Then I'll be very much inclined to keep you alive and heal you at all times even if it at times means getting heal aggro, otherwise.... well, you know.

6. You wine, you die... you wine more, you die a lot

7. Overcourageaus squad? Let the first one die soon to adjust expectations. Res, try again. If the idea is this that they are dealing with a potential fail cleric, everyone gets cautious, otherwise everyone thinks they are invincible.

8. Unnecessary scared friendly squad (=friends)?... tank it untill they jump in, or die first and laugh it off. Try again, this time seriously with cautious tank.

9. Unnecessary scared not well known/unfriendly squad? Group heal untill you figure out who the reliable tank is. Team up with tank, spam heal more then necessary until tank is confident, let the rest DD.

You probably think I'm an awful cleric... b:surrender
    I know it all sounds horrible, but in my experience, no one respects you if you're a doormat and you pay for it by dieing repeatedly.
    So don't be one

This was epic, not fail. I'd take you with me anywhere.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Ah yes, gears. Nice point.
    Somewhat it came to be that every tank should have up to date gear and that if for some reason the tank keeps on dieing it's the healers fault. And other way, round, healers almost never ask or look at his tank gear cause of that.

To make a brief observation of what happened to me few days back.
    Was forming a bh69 pole/noob squad, it was late (my time, early USA time) so i knew i could not be picky. So i let in anyone who wanted to. So the squad was formed quickly and we had 3 venons 1 wizzie 1Bm and me.
    Now i just took a quick look on the Bm's HP (it was over 4.5k) and said ok np with that, i kept a low hp fist bm alive. Now the bm said he cant tank, more exactly he said he never tanked bh69.
    My view was, "yes you can, i am in a hurry".
    So...now you ask what was the problem? Well the first glimps of an incoming disaster was on the guardian of the door to pole/noob. Somewhat it seamed to me that the bm was loosing HP way to fast. But heck i forgot to put my blessing so ignored that observation.
    Moving along, incomes noob....got dc'd, but np, venos managed i relloged and took control back. So again bm tanks, and even with my spot on purify his HP drops way too fast.
    Again i dont realize nothing.
    Now the epic fail on my part as a healer and a squad baby sitter. Veno pulls pole, IH spam + spot on purify....first debuff followed by his spear attack, bm lays down on his back with all of us....i go to town with a totally wtf face...repeat.....repeat...you get the picture.
    My luck was that one veno left and i invited a higher cleric, still with a wtf face.
    While we wait i finally take a look on his gear and notice utterly awful gear. No point in saying, that this was my fault. It took us 1h to finish bh69 i mean 1h >_>;; it took a BB so he could tank + IH spam.

Now if you read all this (poor soul).
    Point was, sometimes even with a 'pro' it can be n00b. Fact proven by above.
    And at this point, me as healer failed and should be yelled at b:surrender

~oh yeah, nice to have you in the convo spoon b:chuckle
    b:dirty
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No one likes their charm to tick, but my view is " If it does it does thats what I bought it to do ". So Im not going to complain at the Cleric if it does.y

^ yup yup yup

It seems most people are on the same page and I'd like to think I am there as well.

It is everyone's own responsibility to do what they can to keep their own charm intact if they don't want it to tick. Its nobody else's job to protect their "investment". Apoth offers all kinds of goodness that can be used, proper armour, a few shards, some COMMON SENSE when running an instance etc etc..

I guess its just yet another complaint I am starting to see more and more from alot of players that I will need to start to shut out. ...which in and of itself is sad.. The list of common complaints I see from random squads is getting out of hand. "my charm ticked"... "ure an oracle noob"... "u can't hold agro while I crit 10x in a row"... "I don't wanna loose exp, Im gonna lay dead for 20min instead of running to town an back in 2min"... "why is cleric only healing the tank"... "not my problem if I run ahed an agro all in sight, you suck if you can't keep up even if it causes a wipe"...

It is getting to the point now with my barb that I don't want to do fb's, bh, or especially TT run with anyone who either isn't a friend or in my faction. I just solo TT for now and am waiting for a few good friends to get another couple lvl's so we can run em together. I'd rather burn a charm an run em solo while waiting for people I know to be able to come with me than put up with all the QQ and hate random squads spew at each other for every single little step that isn't in perfect synch with how THEY play the game..
    b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Barb Syndrome b:chuckle
    b:sad

That aside, I personally don't like charms at all although I have to use them for TW (sometimes I wish I didn't). Having an overpriced piece of colored stick doing the healing work for me is kinda boring. As for the leroy jenkins part I'll admit that I simply love to do stupid things with my squad for the sake of humor (I give warnings for it, military squads don't get warnings). Sometimes I even kill myself just for laughs.

Needless to say, anyone who complains about charm ticking will be treated specially by me. I mean, it's the charm's job to tick after usage.
    I really don't have anything else to add. I just like merry times with my squads. b:cute
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:sad

That aside, I personally don't like charms at all although I have to use them for TW (sometimes I wish I didn't). Having an overpriced piece of colored stick doing the healing work for me is kinda boring. As for the leroy jenkins part I'll admit that I simply love to do stupid things with my squad for the sake of humor (I give warnings for it, military squads don't get warnings). Sometimes I even kill myself just for laughs.

Needless to say, anyone who complains about charm ticking will be treated specially by me. I mean, it's the charm's job to tick after usage.
    I really don't have anything else to add. I just like merry times with my squads. b:cute

I believe i have been in a few of them squads where you kill yourself for laughs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me why sooooooo many people rage when their charm ticks ??(especially when its their own fault) You bought the charm to refill your hp or/and mp ... when it does just that, your pissed off about it?
    b:shocked

I agree with most replies posted to your questions.

You'd be surprised that those "ticking-charm whiners" are very often either faction leaders or high-levelled barbs/bm's, who think they are too good for any cleric and therefore use them as slaves.

The last time I met one was just a few days ago. While he complained in squad chat that his @#^%$ charm was @#$% ticking, I simply replied in same chat "so is mine" and, of course, to him I was a failed cleric.

While I was healing, along with another cleric, I was also WoP'ing him and using Absolute Domain on close squaddies, but I kept wondering why a lev 100 tank was so squishy in such a simple instance as TT 2-3? Lower levels seem very often more pro than high levels.

It gets to the point now that I simply ignore all comments, do what I have to do the best I can. When entering BH69, if I'm the only cleric I warn everyone that I'll be focusing on tank (mostly barb) and it would be best if everyone stayed alive. It usually works, peeps pay attention. Bring pots, not pans!

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Archaine - Heavens Tear
    Archaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My wife and I play a barb/cleric combo with our alts(atm lvl80's) She is always mindful of charm tick with my barb. With that said,I dont expect that from her,it's just her trying to save us some $$. I have read all the responses here and it was all nicely covered. If everyone plays their class like they should, very little charm tick is done...except for the poor cleric. When factors are introduced:poor equip,poor playing style(look how awesome I am,O.o heal meh!) or pushing the envelope(I'll try to tank that boss thats waaay over me lvl range) then charms start ticking,but hopefully they save the day.
    I throw in my vote that the cleric is not responsible for my charm,but I do take note that some are better than others at preserving it. I use my friend list for just such clerics,but I'm also lucky enough to have my wife play a awesome cleric.
    If ppl start yellin- I'm homeporting,life is too short to get stressed over a video game :P
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

b:laughb:thanks

..but amazingly, it isn't much of a debate at all. Everyone seems to agree, posts are informative, no flaming or trolling (yet b:shocked) and few interesting/humorous examples of other players encountering the very people I was talking about. (awww... QQ... wtf... YOU caused my charm to tick..)

But then, I guess for it to be a debate, someone who does cry out about other people not protecting them enough to keep their charm from ticking would need to post and try and defend that in some way.... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    no flaming or trolling (yet b:shocked)

Nah, I'm not gonna troll this one. I agree with OP. If people don't wanna QQ about having their charm tick...don't get one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
This discussion has been closed.