The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2009
    rexberry wrote: »
    -There's some random Chinese characters floating around here and there.

-On the expansion launch night, I noticed that one of my assassin's skill descriptions had a typo in it. Not sure if this has been changed.
    If you find any typos or Chinese text in the future, please include a screenshot. It makes it much easier to find and fix.
    When trying to create a Tideborn character I am unable to see them. I've already checked my computer and the graphics are the required for my system so I don't think that's the problem.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2qvs3ed.jpg
    Have you tried the Verify button on the launcher?
    When I alt-tab out and in of PW, or change the resolution in the game, the game client doesn't recapture the mouse; so every time I click, the comp thinks I'm clicking on the desktop and minimizes the game client. The cursor also looks like the regular windows cursor, rather than the PW cursor.
    Running dual monitor (game client on monitor 1), 1280x1024 & 1024 x 768, on an ATI Radeon X1650 PCI Express video card. Windows XP, game version 233.
    Ever since the rising tide updates were put in the game every time i alt tab the game and try to come back it crashes, and after the release i am even scared of doing instances am bound to crash in there what the hell is wrong ?
    Try installing the East-Asian Language Packs.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Haelwen - Sanctuary
    Haelwen - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Prior to the expansion, I don't think I had this problem. Sometimes, when I hover over characters (or just am in a certain camera angle) their graphics totally mess up, as you can see in the screenshot...The thing at the left indeed is a NPC which I hovered on. This bug is really annoying, sometimes it stops, sometimes it does it for 20 minutes straight.
    http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8...1229191909.png
  • Haelwen - Lost City
    Haelwen - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sorry for double post, I don't know how to edit. I discovered that this problem only appears after I have been in dragonfang village. If I did not go there after having logged in, the problem doesn't appear. This might be linked to the extreme lag i experience whenever I approach the Vanguard there.
  • surtr
    edited December 2009
    Could you post the screenshot again? It didn't parse right the first time.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Nyuuh - Heavens Tear
    Nyuuh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I saw someones saying that the blackscreen glitch had a commun fact ; laptop.
    I'm sorry to say that, but my boyfriend do not own a laptop and has that glitch too.
    At least, when he lower the graphics, it happens a lil bit LESS, it doesnt stop, just, that I happen more rarely.

For the skin dismatched glitch, I wrote alot of time about it, cause it's probably one of the glitch that annoy me the most, why I found attractive this game first, was because all players looks DIFFERENTS, this is a MMORPG like most of the others, but the customisation was a real PLUS to that game. Since the Tideborne, I first had that glitch ONLY with Tideborns, now, since the new update, dunno why, but also the others classes start to have this glitch, but when I'm "far" from them. I need to be really in a close up to see them all the same color.

Also, the Ebony something pets (get him at lvl 19 I think, near those glacial walker too), when you tame them, they change their name to Seamonster Guardian, and even their APPARENCE change, actually, doesnt matter me that much, both are cool, but kinda strange, no?

All for the moment, gotta sleep, but the glitch that is really annoying to me, it's the skin matche color.
    Wanted a blue skin from the begining of this game (started to play almost when that game started, a year ago, even if I quit a lot and restarter a lot or char) and now that we DO have one, I cannot even get it! : /
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It may be just me, but the psy skills graphic animation of Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast seems to be mixed up.
    When i use Aqua Impact it looks like an earth attack and when i use Spirit Blast it looks like a water attack when it s supposed to be the contrary.
    But once again that may be just me

aquaimpact.jpg

spiritblast.jpg
  • chief59
    chief59 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    During my travels throughout PW I have found several minor glitches/issues. The items listed below are all pretty much the same. They are either things like items missing or maybe plants stuck in stairs. If you go to each location you can't miss them.

578 761 - Look on each side of the wall
    551 625
    581 792
    450 565
    549 681

One other issue I have noticed with the Tideborn Expansion is that at certain times while leaping and moving forward at the same time, my character gets stuck in a jumping loop and cannot move forward. I was able to get out of several of these loops by stopping and then alternating the actions.
  • Haelwen - Lost City
    Haelwen - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here is a re-post of the bug screenshot, it should work now.
    http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8170/20091229191909.png
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Memory leak is still here. Grows from 500mb to well over 1GB after playing. It's clearly pwi's bug as it's not even using the graphical ram. It's only using 256mb of that out of the 1GB it has. But it grows from 500mb slowly to over 1GB during my play. Also it starts lagging like crazy. GOO BUGS.
  • Veekee88 - Sanctuary
    Veekee88 - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychic skills....
    propably some1 allready posted it and sorry for my englishb:sad

1)all "soul..." buffs are bugged they only increases range while lvling it up
    2)sandburst blast have 12 sec cooldown insteed of 6
    3)all of blue words in skills should change every lvl but they doesnt
    4)soulburn skill works on mobs with demage immunity (like a ball in cube rooms 14 and 34)

if ill find out any more ill post it here
    youre sincerly
    veekeeb:victory
  • GypsyJewel - Dreamweaver
    GypsyJewel - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have been getting this quite a lot. I move forward and I keep getting "rubber banned" back to my staring point. Kinda like my avatar is in a loop of some kind. I have exited the game and re-log a number of times and am still getting this. The only thing that will fix it is if I warp to the nearest town, which by the way is not very near to where I was heading! b:sad
    Here is a screen capture of where I got stuck this time. Hope you can fix this.
    http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/1nova1/Tidewaterglitch.jpg
    Edit: Oh yeah I did try going different directions, didn't helps still rubber banned back.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    and i have to use v-sync now or its jumpy if i look around

I found that i wont have ..or rather have it extremely less often if i play with Live messenger closed (or any web based chat client).

Done a fb 59 today, got a 3* heavy wrist

cant decomp it (service non available)

tried to decomp in archo, sanctuary, 1000 streams

i have 15000 coins as asked, and have the required level (lv7-8 for all my crafts)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • silent420
    silent420 Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    hm..not sure if it has been posted before, but on my tideborn character when ever i look at the sun with my character faceing towards it, the skirt disappears. or when walking through some of the water same thing happens. (Using the school girl outfit.)
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am not sure if this bug is linked with tideborn expansion, but i dont have never see this first:

bugghete.th.png

This is a smal light (decelerate buff) of Horse Race into general map.
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    From another topic
    Tidenborn see mobs with a name, other class with another

Neon Worm = fluorescent worm
    Gnome Tombthief = Fen Grave Robber
    probable other never see every mob

Eggs of new pet have other name:
    mob:Shadow Ranger - egg: Dark Wanderer
    mob: Ebony Hellduke - egg: seamonster guardian
    The ebony change also the image of pet from mob-pet

mob: Icewave Siren - egg: Ochean Chanter

and

Venomancer make 2 jump quest at lv 4 Beast Jump quest and Tideborn Jump quest
    nice b:laugh please dont correct it b:laugh
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Psychic skills....
    propably some1 allready posted it and sorry for my englishb:sad

1)all "soul..." buffs are bugged they only increases range while lvling it up

I believe this is like it has to be. Example first one said:

The damage is equal to 8% of the caster's Soulforce.

And caster's Soulforce goes higher ever you level up or make some equipment refine. So no need increase it by skil levels. It increases by your lvl progress.
  • Nrgy - Dreamweaver
    Nrgy - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ever since the update when I'm running around on my mount it vanishes every once in a while. Mainly when I jump or am in a crowded area. Not sure if it's just me or other people have noticed this issue as well.

I have exactly same bug .
    My mount is an Chieftain Battlecat and it's freaking annoying when riding to see it suddenly disappear for 2-3sec.

Can a GM pls reply if some1 is looking into this issue and the issue has been acknowledge ?

Thank you
    img532.imageshack.us/img532/3159/alotofworkfornothing.jpg ... Persistence is futile.
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Before the update I handed in a WQ and got the next destination straight away but now it takes 5mins to do get the next quest. My connection is fine and everything else works but WQ seems slow.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I believe this is like it has to be. Example first one said:

The damage is equal to 8% of the caster's Soulforce.

And caster's Soulforce goes higher ever you level up or make some equipment refine. So no need increase it by skil levels. It increases by your lvl progress.

1st - Why make 10 lvl for the skill then if it become better only with soulforce?

2nd- Why put some attribut of the skill in blue if they won t even change?

3rd- to conclude i sincerly think those skills are bugged and i won t lvl them for the fun of waisting more mp, spirit and money

plz fix the skills b:shocked. thx and happy new year to everyone
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Scarlet Gate seems to be bugged. Went to the platform west of Dribbling Spring, got the popup, but no quest to return to 1000 Streams elder, and he doesn't have anything when I returned. Trashed and tried to repeat, don't even get the popup now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Serrinity - Sanctuary
    Serrinity - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    With the exception of venomancer and barbs, I have noticed that all female character class icons show as male on the map. For example, the red wing icon of a female cleric shows when clicking the cleric or when in a squad with one. If you are in a squad with one and you look at the map to see where your squad mates are, that icon will show as the blue/green of male. I have noticed this with all classes.
    Leader of EdensStar
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    maybe it has already been said in this thread but don't have the strenght to read everything :p.

There is an issue with the lvl 59 spark burst for assassins :

The skill should regen 10% mp while using it but it doesnt. The damage are effectively increased but no mp is regen.
  • surtr
    edited January 2010
    I found that i wont have ..or rather have it extremely less often if i play with Live messenger closed (or any web based chat client).

Done a fb 59 today, got a 3* heavy wrist

cant decomp it (service non available)

tried to decomp in archo, sanctuary, 1000 streams

i have 15000 coins as asked, and have the required level (lv7-8 for all my crafts)
    Specifically, which item is it?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Tesaie - Sanctuary
    Tesaie - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Last night I was doing The Treasure II quest i was swimming in mermaid from but change back when got attacked by mob but when i did the bottom half of my armor wasn't show it was blinking off and on but came back when I came out water.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/viperp5/2010-01-0322-12-37.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TygreLilly - Heavens Tear
    TygreLilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Before the expansion came out you were able to turn on and off a hp/mp/exp bar above your toons head. I had all 3 on before the patch. Once the new expansion came out I decided to turn them off for the rest of my pw life. But now there is no exp button to click anymore so now have a pink-ish exp bar over my head forever b:cryb:surrender
  • dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd like to see the Hotkeys feature remember changes made.

So I don't have to change shortcutbar B from V to Tab every time I log in.
  • Westie - Heavens Tear
    Westie - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    dogm wrote: »

This happens for me too, not sure why... for about a week it worked fine then all of a sudden started to reset on every login. That started happening when I got the tab targeting bug reports in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    edited January 2010
    dogm wrote: »

We're working on fixing this.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When clicking my character name on the start screen it loads up the world and during that time there is a tip on bottom of screen. The tip changes I know, but this one said "There are 3 rows of shortcut keys, use the tab key to cycle through them." The tab key is used to target mobs now and the new key to cycle the shortcuts is the 'v' key, so this tip is outdated.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • educe
    educe Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hi there, im new to posting so forgive me if i do anything wrong...
    my problem is this: i am faction leader of faction "speed" and when i open the faction screen by pressing "g" i cant see when people level up. i know for a fact that some have lvld, but on the screen they remain listed as at the level everyone was when i took the faction over. i have refreshed the page, and signed out and in, and even quit the program and re-entered, but still all the lvls remain the same as before. i have also spoken to other fac leaders to make sure im not just being dum but they have no ideas, so i can only assume its a glitch.
    just to confuse things, when i lvl up it shows up once i have re-logged. only me and no one else.
    many thanks
This discussion has been closed.