The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• thorslove
    thorslove Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I know there is a ''hair'' glitch right now, but I have another problem too.
    I have an archer and when I am in character selection my bow is not shown. My archer is just bare handed. but when I choose my archer and log in. she is wearing it like before.

it also disappears sometimes when playing. the attack animations are still working and I hit normal and the arrows are shown. but my bow is gone.

I don't know how my bow is called but it is a lvl 42 bow (a normal one, Not a crossbow)
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    thorslove wrote: »
    it also disappears sometimes when playing. the attack animations are still working and I hit normal and the arrows are shown. but my bow is gone.

I have had this problem also. for like 1 or 2 bolts/shots my Xbow disappears! Also when I use Frost Arrow it will deal damage but does not show Icon under mob name and does not annimate effect or even do the effect (slow).

Weapon: Chained Jail TT80 Xbow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • Webby - Dreamweaver
    Webby - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im a lvl 45 cleric the monsters droppign the item are lvl 51 tauroc Commanders, so i squaded up i needed 15 heaven wear fragments. Other people in my squad were getting the item, but i was not. i still have 0/15 and one person finished. another person in squad only got 2. yet i still had 0, the squad distribution was random. but we found it all odd, that the quest didn't say it had to be soloed. and one person was getting a lot of heavenwear fragments, one person a little and me zilch. i also sent a bug /support email... But i figured i'd post here also.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I hope you guys will sticky this, so we have one singular place to post these and so that we get REAL answers. So far there has been no PWI response.

Current Genie issues that i can think of this minute
    1. Genie chi skills do not function Healing Ripple of Rebirth increase HP & MP not chi, as stated here in the genie skill release notes
      Healing Ripple of Rebirth - Energy cost reduced by 10. Genie Strength and Dexterity points now increase the amount of health and chi regenerated by 1% per 5 points. The effect will now always last for 9 seconds.
    2. Leaf Dance does not increase crit rate. Again this does not seem to function as stated
      Leaf Dance - This skill has been completely redesigned. Now increases your cristrike rate by 2%. Genie Strength points increase the duration by 1 second per point.
    3. Aiding Ripple of Luck does not do anything apparently.
      Increase the Critical Hit Rate of yourself and the friendly targets around you.

These are the things "I've" noticed. Can we PLEASE get official acknowledgement on these and others?

Lastly lets try to keep this thread to just genie skills so the gm's don't have to search 100 threads for some obscure piece of information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There is a Arboride Dryad on Dreamweaver around 495, 666 which aggros (when you get close). None of the others aggro.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Khezix - Dreamweaver
    Khezix - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm having problems continuing a couple of chain quests. They're both the kind of quest where you need to visit a place and a window automatically pops up and tells you that you had completed that step.
    One of them is called "A Millennium Promise" and the specific step that I'm stuck at is called "Search the Remains" and I have to go visit a grave. I found the tombstone and I got the message and everything, but I didn't get the next part of the quest (nor did I get any kind of quest item in the quest part of your bag, and I think this is a quest where you get something in your quest bag). Same thing for another quest that my veno has. I don't remember the name, but I had to go to the sword grave and I went there and I got the message. But not the next step. I left the area, came back, but I didn't get the message again.

If I have to trash the quest and start again, I will. But I don't know if this is something I did wrong or a bug in the game.
  • Morgwain - Dreamweaver
    Morgwain - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if its supposed to happen or what not, but for a while now in RB Gamma if the barbarian is killed they get sent back to One Thousand Streams. Causing us to fail instantly becuase we no longet have barb inside RB. Was jsut wondering what was the deal on this. I was told it was a glitch, and its rather annoying lmao.

Thanks

Morgwain b:shocked
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hey,

After server maintenance i went to do a BH, all fine, everything worked. Now i go to get my second BH, and i get "Incorrect Mission Type Span."

Any help?

PS: i posted a thread in this forum, but i figured it would be more useful here.
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1. Missing Heroes' Blood between stated times in Old Heaven's Tear. For example, one stated time range was between 12 and 15. In game time, I was there at 12, 13 o'clock, but no Blood.

2. Male Corsair top keeps flickering on and off, so sometimes you just look like you're wearing a white fluff tie but naked topwise. This especially occurs around the center archosaur region.

3. As before, the magic resistance buff does not renew like other buffs do with subsequent re-buffs (before the duration expires). This has been an ongoing problem I believe as many have posted before.
    b:thanks
  • kakarito
    kakarito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I found a big bug. If you accidently trash your inventory extention or bank extention or w/e quests, then you can't get it back. The person just has a golden flag above them, and when I talk to them, they say something about me having the item, like, "Do you have the bank extention stone?" then I click no, and the person still has a golden flag. When I click yes and don't even have the stone, it says, "Then you should turn it in to the banker" or something similar =)
  • Lietae - Heavens Tear
    Lietae - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was able to fix both the coat and hair thing, at least on my lappy. I maxed water, turned on refraction, and did the whole makeover scroll thing (just used the one you get for kun kun). Non of those worked separately, but with all of them functioning together, it seems to work. Previously, all they did was make me go bald on land, rather than under water, but now they seem to work. I'll post again if i go bald again.

I posted this in the bald sticky. Since the coat seems to be behaving the same way, perhaps the problems are linked. So, by maxing water graphics, turning and turning on refraction, you may be able to fix the disappearing clothing problem... if you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EsquireFox - Dreamweaver
    EsquireFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You are probably already aware of this, but I'll bring it up for the sake of getting it out there.

There is a graphical bug affecting Venomancers with the long tail preset. If you attempt to change the skin color, it only changes the color of the skin on the face, as opposed to the whole body.

VenomancerBugs.png?t=1257540534

I hope the image isn't too large. The Plumed Embrace bug is minor, but I dislike having chalk white skin color b:surrender.
  • ArcticWolf - Heavens Tear
    ArcticWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I know, gimme a break, tired and I can't spell..

Anywho..

This started way back on PW Malaysia and you'd think that someone in programming would get off their posterior and fix the collision mesh problem..

I've been playing for about 1 3/4 yrs on PW Malaysia and also on PWI Heaven's Tear and found that the same problems are on both servers. Actually the problem is on all the severs I've been to.

How many times have people been in a town, going through an archway or tunnel or near a wall and tried to use their mouse to continue on the way only to have the way point marker hit on an invisible wall (or what ever it is) and they end up running backward or change course because of it? Flying as well..

Or how many times have people while running or flying get stopped by an invisible wall?

Who ever designed the premade buildings, walls and what have you, they made the visuals smaller than the collision mesh boxes for them..

Come on, it's an easy enough fix.

I used to make maps for the old Novalogic Delta Force games (no I didn't work for them - they had editors where you could make your own for others to use online) and ran into these problems also, but figured out a way by building placement to get rid of most of them.

VIDEO LAG IN ARCHO!

Plain and simple, too much stuff in too little of an area. Not everyone can afford the best video cards and computer setup's to eliminate this problem, I don't know why you don't change it so that you don't end up with 50,000 shops all bidding for space in one section of the city street. I know you can program it so that only a limited number of people can set up in any given area.

The orignal programmers doubled up walls and buildings to hide smaller walls within the larger ones, this causes video lag as well, even though they're not seen, the video card still draws them and uses up resources, there's tons of this in Archo as well, and its slowing down the lower end cards.

Add all this to the winter snow or the 4th of July Fireworks or even bring back that stupid oversized mob that was in north Archo for who knows how long with all it's special affects and watch everyone's frame rate drop to 1 or 2 frames per hour.

Been in the game a long time, love most of it but the problems that exist and no one bothers to make corrections.

I'm all over the map everyday, I spend more time helping people than leveling, probably would be in the mid to high 90's by now if I didn't, I see a lot of things and hear a lot of complaints, this is the first time I have voiced some common and VERY apparent ones.

I won't bring up how the Quest window was totally porked after the change over to the auto pathing system!

Sure fun being a very low level 9 character with NO findable quests when all the undone quests for that level used to show up BEFORE autopath..........

And no need to tell me about the FIND QUEST button cause that didn't help either.. LOL
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Sometime after patch 168 (I'm sorry I didn't report this as soon as I noticed it), the last character of my name, which it appears on an item I've made, becomes mangled (turned into an box or a Chinese character instead of the last "r" of Carr) when I either infused a gem into or refined to +1 or higher with an Elder. This doesn't happen with the name Cherunio, so it may be that the character name-length is not correctly calculated if there is an "_" (underscore) embedded in the name (e.g., Thelas_Carr).

Bug_Craft_Name.jpg
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2009
    Sometime after patch 168 (I'm sorry I didn't report this as soon as I noticed it), the last character of my name, which it appears on an item I've made, becomes mangled (turned into an box or a Chinese character instead of the last "r" of Carr) when I either infused a gem into or refined to +1 or higher with an Elder. This doesn't happen with the name Cherunio, so it may be that the character name-length is not correctly calculated if there is an "_" (underscore) embedded in the name (e.g., Thelas_Carr).

Bug_Craft_Name.jpg
    This is a known issue and we are working on resolving it.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    in OHT, if you waypoint to a spot, sometimes it drops your char to level 0, like below ground. upon relogging you appear on ground level again, gets surrounded by mobs and possibly die. i was waypointing with height set at height 78. the following screenshot is where i have turned the screen where you can see below the ground, there's me as a little dot b:chuckle

you can't move, but you can still town port if you have it.

http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/ss128/naix20oO/2009-11-1613-41-03.jpg
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i dont know if i should have posted it in technical or venom class or general but this is a question for gm mostly... (move it to the good section, plz b:cute)

will our skills lv 100 be fix or not ?
    more people getting lv 100, i dont have the level and i dont have learned the skillsbut lot wf saying that they do around 200 dmg and dont debuff when they should debuff and hit for around 4-5k....

Arcane Antinomy
    A Venomancer came across this magic paradox in a book stolen from some mage. Inflicts base
    damage plus physical damage 50% of caster's maximum mana and stupidify the target.
    Stupidified target's movement speed reduced by 70% and channel slows by 90%.
    should hit for about 9k+ minus ennemies physical defence

Belittle
    An ideal skill for the Venomancers to handle melee targets. Deals base
    damage to the target plus Wood damage 50% of caster's maximum HP, and
    petrifies the target. Petrified target's physical defense increases by
    200%, physical attack rate reduced by 100%, and critical hit rate
    reduced by 300%.
    100% hit.
    should hit for about 9k+ minus ennemies wood defence
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • lotsadonuts
    lotsadonuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have been observing a problem with regeneration aura. In some scenarios involving bosses that are using area of effect attacks I am not observing any healing being done (myriad wyvern and farren) while regen aura is up. It is not a case of the spell being interrupted while it is being cast. Farren was able to hit me four times and kill me without any healing taking place through my regen aura. Please have a look into this.
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have been observing a problem with regeneration aura. In some scenarios involving bosses that are using area of effect attacks I am not observing any healing being done (myriad wyvern and farren) while regen aura is up. It is not a case of the spell being interrupted while it is being cast. Farren was able to hit me four times and kill me without any healing taking place through my regen aura. Please have a look into this.

I can confirm, that sometimes BB (regeneration aura) does not work as expected.
    Imagine a scenario with BB channeling, buff icons appearing for all but one member of the squad in range. Member of the squad does not receive healing, nor reduced damage and icons do not appear. Affected member of squad is not white named with swords on his name and can be healed by other skills.
    No repro steps, as this glitch is rare and sporadic. Workaround is to stop BB and start it again.
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    cube room messed up for a few weeks now. b:sad
    look at the mini map. not stopping in the middle of the mess to ss.
    cubehands2.jpg
  • norbertbeaver
    norbertbeaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    bug or game flaw: if leader of RB disconnects or crashes the RB auto fails

solution: instead of auto fail make it give leadership to somebody else so that the squad may continue.
  • Liekoz - Heavens Tear
    Liekoz - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My friends too lazy to post this so I'll just do it for him.
    So anyways his hotkey bars (both of them) just disappeared randomly.
    I can see it on my computer, but on his screen they just aren't there. We tried alt-H, Tab, and looking under the interface stuff.
  • EvylBlood - Heavens Tear
    EvylBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    not sure if there's a post for this yet but in TT 2-3 on the 4th clone of wurlord, when u pull the copies also get pulled, even if they r not attacked, or the herc doesn't have bramble on, it happens every time i do the TT so i don't think it's a players falt ^^ ty
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the Sage version of Piercing Winds does not seem to save spark.

Its supposed to have a 1 in 4 chance of not using spark.

After around 200 uses, I conclude that I'm not that unlucky and the skill might be bugged.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    not all skill discriptions are correct

sage blazing arrow says +70% fire damage added to regular shots
    but in real it extends the duration time from 10 minutes to 15 minutes.

sage wingspan 20% chance to gain 50 chi so far even from 1 mob ive gained like 1 spark.

some discriptions are bit unlogic also
    like sage deadly shot "nearby enemies take full damage as well" it sounds like aoe but infact its still a single target hit but the damage doesnt get affected by -50% damage if the target is closer then 5 meter range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AliceDonut - Harshlands
    AliceDonut - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    not sure if this is the right thread to post this but...

#1 Regeneration Aura (BB) and Heaven's Wrath (RB) animation do not loop correctly -
    (not for the cleric doing it but for the rest in squad who see it),
    i.e. - at points, it appears BB/RB has quit working due to the gap in animation.

#2 Any recovery rate potions quit working when using BB or RB. Not sure if that is by design or a bug.

#3 Female Cosair Fur Overcoat: If you have long hair, it pokes through the coat on the back (which is why I haven't bought it).

#4 Magic Shell and Aegis Spirit spells do not refresh when you rebuff (unlike all the other cleric buffs).

umm.... that's all I can think of offhand.

AliceDonut
    how a cleric does hot
  • Tangianna - Sanctuary
    Tangianna - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    AFter the lastest expansion chars and npcs appear inverted, like a giant, spiky ball. Pops in and out.
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How odd I posted my msg and even saw it posted in the thread but well now it is gone? b:surrender did a GM delete it?

Anyway my msg was simply about the icons on the minimize icons. Example here: This is the new style for the MP HP bar but the mini map is still the same. Thought I would just point it out as the new icons look so much better!

Bar.jpgMap.jpg

I know just a silly lil thing but thought I would mention it XD
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    To the posts above I also had the same problem with only the body changing colour.

Another issue that should be resolved is that, well I love the new interface. I am not kidding when I say it has given the game a sophisticated look but when you minimized the mob name block you did not set it to expand when the name is to large.

MobName.jpg

OMG You guys changed the pup's name! ^.^;

Just thought I would mentioning it. LOVING THE EXPANSION!
  • Silverunner - Sanctuary
    Silverunner - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ok so here are the two must anoying bugs i seen so far

1- on TB area i cant teleport to Tide City cuz i cant see the waypoint on map when usin the teleporter i have to change my resolution to **** to be able to see a lil bit of it plz fix it

2- sometimes when i change teh camera around on my TD toon the armor dissapear and u see ur character naked, sometimes happens with weapons too this is an example ( i had the top removed too from time to time lol )

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm269/candyman1988/2009-12-1709-49-05.jpg
This discussion has been closed.