The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Hirriaga - Heavens Tear
    Hirriaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My weapon doesn't load, so far i haven't submitted a "ticket" or anything but with every weapon i choose to equip it doesn't show up in my characters hands.. but if i rotate the camera at certain angles it does.. i don't know if this has been reported previously but i am sick of not seeing my weapon.. sadly i have no screencaps because i can't be bothered to make a photobucket account ;P
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    One I know is Kimsa. The auto path doesnt take you to Kimsa at all it takes you to city of abominations, when kimsa is at the end of stairway to heaven.

The exact quest was "Monster Hunt"

Yes! I had the exact same thing happen to me, about 2 weeks ago! But then I had relatives come to visit and forgot to report it. It's happened in a couple of other places, but I forgot to screenshot and report them, too....I will endeavor to do better at reporting problems in the future, and I am starting a new thread on a different glitch, that I haven't seen reported yet (probably tomorrow, as I need to leave now) ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure if anyone had realized this, but as a cleric, I do keep track of my buffs. I noticed the Magic Shell & Aegis Spirit (magic defense if you're confused) buff does not promise their 30 min / 60 min duration. I've tested this buff after every patch, buffed, did nothing but shopped at the auction hall for 30 & 60 min, and then that's always the first buff to disappear. It gets annoying especially when you're squaded for an instance and someone dies, you revive, rebuff, then lose track of how long the other members were buffed, so I usually do I full squad rebuff. However, once that process is done, Aegis Spirit & Magic Shell will not remain long and disappear in a few moments! This bug has been around for a long time and I was wondering when would this be fixed? You know, it ain't cool I have to spend extra MP potions or have my charm ticked because of this bug. So please take this into consideration before I go on cleric strike! b:infuriated
  • HealsAndHugs - Heavens Tear
    HealsAndHugs - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it's not that the buff disappears just like 'poof'...it's 'just' that you can't overbuff it. so if a level 20 person buffs you with level 1 Magic Shell and you use your level 10 buff after it won't work. you gotta wait 30 mins till the buff is over and then use yours. it's really really annoying....hope they'll fix it soon (or tell us they are aware of the problem b:victory)
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it's not that the buff disappears just like 'poof'[/b]

nope, I've tested it with the clock myself and stood in archosaur for 30 min doing nothing. Magic Shell disappeared on "random" times but it CERTAINLY did not last 30 min as the skill promises on the description. This applies to Aegis Spirit as well.

As the overbuffing goes, you're not understanding my point, but that's another one you've pointed out, thanks. I'm trying to say that once you buff your aegis/magic shell more than once, it will ruin the "timer" more effectively and it will disappear in the middle of boss fights. So my point was to keep aegis/magic shell to what they're supposed to do like our other buffs.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just a "new" bug i wanted to report: when you go in tideform and swim, if you get too close of the surface of water or of the coast your character start ruberbanding (at least with maxed tideform didn t notice that before it s maxed). you can escape only flying/ turning into normal form / diving.
    It s a bit annoying when you put yourself on autpathing and it does this, or when you try to avoid mobs b:sad

And STILL cleric buff issue where you can t overwritte it b:surrender
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Mobs in scarred Valley regen extremely fast and no before you think about it thats not the bug. Well I was aoe grinding with herc he has bramble right so it makes sure to do damage to every single mob there. But because the bramble doesn't do much more then 100 to them the mobs regen to full life before they get chance to attack again. If they regen back to full during this time and you heal they aggro you everytime even if they have been hurt by herc for a good 30 seconds. Basicly the bug is mobs get heal aggro if they regen back to full life even if they have been taking damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Quite an interesting glitch
    When pink named, having a pet (veno pet, not sure about all-class) out near duke blacke makes him teleport about 15m away. This only happens with pet summoned, when stowed he stays still.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Killmin - Harshlands
    Killmin - Harshlands Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Is there anything that can be done about people killing veno pets while we are in safe zone. this is really costly. It seems that at least mages are able to do this. and i think other ranged people can, they stay out of safe zone and attack my pets.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2010
    We're currently looking into it.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• SoulSlash - Dreamweaver
    SoulSlash - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    any of the assasins skills starting at lvl 29 do not auto attack afterwards.

these include,
    Rib stike
    talking slash
    throatcut
    headhunt
    subsea
    power dash
    rising dragon
    shadow teleport
    shadow jump
    and earthern rift

would be nice for u to fix these

and make tideborn wings uppgradeable
  • hawkflight
    hawkflight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Dear PWI,

Your minimap is royally f*ed up.

Yours truly,
    Mitties

Okay, more info. It seems that oftentimes, the minimap won't show my friend and squadmate as being where he actually is. Generally it's just lag (even though I should not be lagging on my brand-new computer with high-speed internet). But today, when we were heading back to Archosaur, the minimap actually showed him being in Orchid Temple, in almost the exacto pposite direction he had actually gone! WTF?
    PLEASE, for the love of all that is chocolate. If your advice involves me spending IRL money on this game, save us both the trouble and don't bother. And before you tell me to suck it up and get a job, I have plenty of money, for me it's the principle of the matter. I will be the best, and without spending a dime. Thank you for your time.
  • Tilaweed - Dreamweaver
    Tilaweed - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I apologize if this has been posted already. I have looked through many of the previous threads and have not seen it or may have possibly missed it.

Since this morning's (march 3rd) patch, since playing I was told my a lvl 77 Venomancer that my spell "Torrent" and/or any of my DoT spells are draining their pets health as well as the enemy NPC's health. While casting the DoTs i can see that they were in fact cast on Fugma, but am unsure as to why to pet would recieve such damage.

If this is a bug, its a rather BIG bug if I do say so myself seeing as it will affect all boss battles with any veno in party.
    b:shocked

Can anyone give any say of whether they are experiencing the same issues while playing with other Psychics, or was this Veno full of it lol.

Thanks in advance.

p.s- if this issue has already been posted, i again sincerely apologize and if possible please post a link?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2010
    I've reported the issue to QA.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• lolfurry
    lolfurry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I noticed there seems to be a texture alignment problem with the "mohawk" on the Bloodthirsty Adalwolf pet's model. It appears to be shifted too far in one direction so that a part of the texture is actually being drawn higher than it should be? The model itself also appears less "detailed" than the wild version before it is tamed.

In the screenshot provided I've found a similar type enemy where I believe the mohawk should appear to look as on the Bloodthirsty Adalwolf as well. I realize the two models are not exactly identical, but, there is clearly an issue going on there.

http://www.lolfurry.net/Adalwolf_Oops.jpg

Additionally, I did a little searching and found an old thread mentioning this and a few other specific problems related to changes between wild pets and the tamed versions and the associated graphical errors --

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=156831&page=2
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Invisible / Stealth monsters in Heaven and Hell

From my experience this issue is more prevalent in Heaven than Hell.

Say for example, Headonistic Apostle in and around Heavenly Music Pavilion in Heaven.

I could be approaching, in mid attack or leaving after killing the monster and suddenly other monsters appear out of thin air to attack me.

This issue obviously isn't limited to when attacking monster but simply when moving around and farming materials and herbs.

When I first turned Sage, it seemed to me that I died more times in those first few hours exploring Heaven than I did the whole of the time when I was L88. This was all due to this bug.

Now i'm more cautious during the times I venture into Heaven and have myself prepared to run at a moments notice or to use a Dew of Star Protection to save myself from being battered to death by assailants which were previously invisible. Suffice to say from a players point of view, it should not be like this.

I can't stress enough how disappointed I am that such a bug exists.

Upon using the search function I have found a related thread:

invisible mobs in heaven

This tells me that this issue has existed at least since the date of the first post there (24th September 2009). I would not be surprised if it has existed a lot longer beforehand too.

I would appreciate any feedback and / or updates about this issue.

Regards.

PS - Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned in this thread previously. Searches on this thread did not appear to bring up related posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I know this has been posted once before, but that was something like 8-9 months ago and nothing has changed. The Battlecats have a hole, which i find extremely irritating, you would think it'd be a easy fix, but since its been so long, perhaps they forgot b:sad
    Fix.jpg
  • Aislynnia - Lost City
    Aislynnia - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    when auto pathing to an npc via the find quest box, i have several times ended up in way different areas then i was originally going, for example i was autopathign to the elder of arch and ended up in endless sea just north of dreamweaver port i have asked my faction and it has happened to 3 or 4 other people just thought you guys would like to know if you didnt already

I have notice this even just going around in the cities when going back to a Mob or NPC, doesnt seem to matter it will take u the wrong direction
  • BountyHuntr - Raging Tide
    BountyHuntr - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What is wrong with my TB wings there is little White dots around the Paramiater of my wings i tried to provid a screenshot but am unable to plz explain what it is and how come the TB wings for guys r **** looking no offense to any1 who might take what i said the wrong way and ty.
    Have a nice day
  • NaughtyMind - Harshlands
    NaughtyMind - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    When you have the Shark Angel Orb to turn in at Netherspring and choose to turn it in at the apothecary he says he will give 30000 coins for it. Refer to Image with npc dialog open for 30000 offer; When you accept the offer and complete the quest you only get 3000. That is 27000 less than it says, In the Second Picture look in my chat box for how much i got and look at my inventory to confirm.
    20100312044241.png
    20100312044308.png
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wha b:shocked a quest bug . . or maybe the prize were a typo . . maybe what they mean is 3k not 30k.
    Btw . . how about psychic face skin color glitch . . is there any progress or sign of it repaired ? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ArystarKrory - Heavens Tear
    ArystarKrory - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have a problem completing a consecutive-quest my tideborn character is doing.

The explanation in detail is this:

He is level 6 and there was a quest given by netherspring messenger that was to kill metaljaw lionturtle because they are disturbing his fishing .

Upon turning it in, the netherspring messenger tells my character that he has found a divine intervention scribbled on the metaljaw lionturtle remains. He then tells my character to kill a crystalshore patroller at the foot of the waterfall where he is at. I kill afew and got the secret of water kind.

The problem started when he was talking about the secret of water kind. He said to get to the elder quickly by using the teleporter person. I missed that part and because there was no way of reading what he said again, I trashed the quest to read it properly the second time which made my secret of water kind disappear. THe quest to talk to the elder requires the secret of water kind but now that I've lost it, I've no way to continue the quest.

I tried killing crystalshore patrollers again to get the secret of water kind but to no avail.
    Any help here?
  • wolverizer
    wolverizer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    my apologies if this has been posted already, but im having some problems with the age of coming quests (goshiki chain). There are some quests in which you are supposed to get an item called challenge succesfull, when i finish this quests i recieve all the items im supposed to get except the challenge succesfull although that chat box tells me i did adquire one. I already checked lots of times in my quest bag and normal bag but nothing. Also in age of coming: willpower, were you are supposed to get pop-ups of duke black trying to make you to leave the city, i didnt get any pop-ups altought the timer of each was running normally. I hope to get answer to this, as the only glithes i have recieved so far concern the age of comin quests.
  • Redrallyx - Dreamweaver
    Redrallyx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Venomancer demon skills Melee Mastery and Wood Mastery don't increase critical hit rate.

When I change to fox form the shown Critical Rate does not increase with 3%.
    Without crit equipment I only have 6% critical from the 100 dex.
    This means I'm also missing the 2% from Wood Mastery.
  • Spearr - Lost City
    Spearr - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    everyone wearing an armor is nude except when they are wearing a fashion.BUt the tideborns i can see their armors fine.
    Alas! The dragon has come...
  • MisBehave - Heavens Tear
    MisBehave - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Put my new belt on today, went into bh and my channeling was totally off, was unable to chan at times, or long pauses (different than lag.) Then we got to talking about the odd conformation of the belt elemental res, 50 on 3, 453 on two. None of us had ever seen it before, normal? Hope it's not glitched, paid a LOT for it.

Should add, this belt took me from 21 to 27% -chan, and i have heard it can get glitchy at higher levels?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z65/annatira/PWI/2010-04-0214-37-30.jpg
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    idk if this has been posted already but Tide Spirit has an incorrect skill description

Increases your magic weapon damage by 86% for 15 seconds.
    Also increases channeling speed after 6 seconds.
    This skill does not stack with the Rainbow Blessing genie skill.

I've found the skill actually increases channeling the first 6 sec, not after 6 sec
  • _Assasin_X - Lost City
    _Assasin_X - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When entering the hall of deception through illusion stone my assassin died.The guardian tombstone near the entrance attacked.For one second I was at the entrance and then I die b4 getting in.Plz fix this problem
  • LucyFelwyr - Sanctuary
    LucyFelwyr - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hello
    yesterday, with my squad we went in twilight temple, we made a TT 2-3
    this means the second pilar and highest level to drop lvl 90 materials
    when we arrive at soulripper area, we have to talk to the pilar
    after 5 minutes the boss appears normaly
    but his time, the boss never appeared
    i didnt go in twilight temple since some time
    so i dont know if this bug was here before the last update
    if i do it again, i will see if it happen again
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hello
    yesterday, with my squad we went in twilight temple, we made a TT 2-3
    this means the second pilar and highest level to drop lvl 90 materials
    when we arrive at soulripper area, we have to talk to the pilar
    after 5 minutes the boss appears normaly
    but his time, the boss never appeared
    i didnt go in twilight temple since some time
    so i dont know if this bug was here before the last update
    if i do it again, i will see if it happen again
    If anyone in your squad decided to smack an invisible object in this area, then the boss will never appear. There's no in-game warning about this so I'd consider it a bug, but nearly all TT2-3 squad I've been in over the last 4 weeks have all reiterated not to hit anything since if you do the boss won't come and you can't proceed in the run unless you kill the boss.
This discussion has been closed.