The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Spinehealer - Sanctuary
    Spinehealer - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i wasnt paying atention and i went too far into the cage near 449, 689. i was able to cast the town spell, but then was interupted by a Werewolf Spearman. I couldnt cast any skills but the town port, so i couldnt kill it. i had to call one of my friends to kill it for me. What really is annoying is i just bought a small guardian charm (HP) and took a couple thousand dammage. i wasnt paying atention and walked into the cage too far. i wasnt able to move at all. Sorry for no screenshots, i wanted to get out
  • Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear
    Devils_Heir - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    when im running up or down a hill, i keep going back like 50 meters for several minutes, its especially annoying when it is a steep hill and i just slide down repeatittly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Messenger - Dreamweaver
    Messenger - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i cant see any names or factions. Im not talking about the numbers, just that all names and factions are invisible. I can see who everyone is married to, just no names. started after the patch 172
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I hope this is the correct place to post this bug I've found.

As I was chatting and grinding with my nix last night, I've found this unusual Elysium Fowl. I could target it perfectly fine, however, when I tried to attack, it always said Invalid Skill (as shown in the image). I could not order my nix to attack it neither.

Here is an image showing its coordinate.

The bugged Elysium Fowl is targeted in this image and it was not moving at all the entire time. It would not aggro me as well like the other fowls.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/eveclover/2009-08-1502-52-44.jpg
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Not sure if this is reported before but this seems to be a rare bug to duplicated.
    So if you fight a mobs, cast a DoT on it then wait for the DoT to kill it, then before the expected duration of the DoT ended another mobs spawn at the exact location as the original location of the mobs you just kill, then the new mobs will have the DoT on and suffer damage from it too, but no aggro is generated (at least they don't chase after me).
    Very hard to find place where mobs respawn in just 15sec though.

I SUSPECT it will happen to any status effect but I cannot test this because other than DoT which is 15sec I don't have any status effect that last long enough until the monster respawn.
  • Iigoru - Heavens Tear
    Iigoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i bought a gryphon and while flying, my character`s feet constantly disappear into the gryph...i hope u can solve this...thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When u go inside the fb69 and fb59 your buffs are removed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Xpharian - Lost City
    Xpharian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if this been reported but around orchid temple there are a lot of white images, i think it's grass but that is not loaded, first time i see that, it's in direction of that large tower with a green light
  • PanDhamon - Lost City
    PanDhamon - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Another bug I noticed, I don't know if it's just venomancers or not, but they no longer have panties >.>
    When you look up the skirt, there's just a clear area with nothing there where the panties should be. Not really a big deal (I mean, really, how often do you look up your char's skirt?) just a curiosity b:laugh
  • Smeigle_ - Heavens Tear
    Smeigle_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hello pwi,

I like to find random glitches in-game and i found a weird one lol
    Actually 2 of them the other i will post later...
    here's one (note:i'm on my polaris snow cub mount)
    glitch3.jpg
    and here the other..
    glitch4k.jpg
    It happens in the gaps of the top of the building notice my character is gone and so is my face on the top left.
    You Will Never Take The Precious!!!!!!
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was helping a couple of faction mates with 20/20/20 mob quest in the FB70 cave and when I tried to select one of our venos' pets, it will redirect my selection to a random squad member.

Also, you can walk through a part of the wall in Secret Passage.
    20090904221451.th.png
    20090904221457.th.png
    20090904221506.th.png
    20090904221516.th.png

Oops, Minimap is not on there. The coord is 408 541.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont know how to describe this but I have done a search for it but I dont know how to describe it really. I can type in the chat thing and press enter and go to move do a F thing and or a number action and then it will set the cursor back to the chat bar so if I move or something like my character stays there because it is 'typing' in the chat bar....... so if I am killin something and I go to move it just types in the chat. I dont even have to be killing something and it will do it. I dont know how I create it but I will be on the look out for it next time. and it happens more than once, I think its about once to three times a day, very annoying really. any help would really be appreciated. THANK YOU!!
  • Zilonic - Dreamweaver
    Zilonic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    got killed by a sable mongoose at this location :210.408 while flying, took the screenshot when i was dead so height location on it says 54 not sure if its the height when i was dead or right b4 i died when i was flying.

using lvl1 elf wings lvl 2 flight mastery (it prolly doesnt matter but well ...)

after double checking the height lvl is ground height i was at double jump + fly activation height so +1 or +2 from ground height.

i dont have a photobucket account so cant upload but welll hope it helps
  • Katagaria - Dreamweaver
    Katagaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i'm not sure if this is an old/new/already reported bug, but it's quite annoying. please fix this asap.

party member's avatars become invisible. this can be fixed by going out of range and then coming back to rejoin the rest of the squad. this seems to be happening mostly in dungeons, but this has happened to me also while in town. i do not have ss of town ones but it's the same thing. i am not the only person who see invisible characters, as others have said they are experiencing the same thing.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/whiteselkie/PWI/2009-09-0916-12-56.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/whiteselkie/PWI/2009-09-0916-13-07.jpg
  • spaceranger
    spaceranger Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When I trade Ancientwell wine to my guild mate, it becomes Shell powder. what is happening?

I trade Ancientwell Wine to a guild mate. After we confirm and trade, she received Shell Powder instead. Has anybody seen this bug before?

GM, anyway to reverse it?
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The cowardly pet bug: The land pets stow themselves in places like the Swamp of Wraiths (frequently when both you and your pet is in the shallow water and usually at the most inconvieniant times) and when chasing ranged mobs up really steep hills.

The grounded air pet bug: The air pets often get stuck or stop when fighting land mobs usually when the terrain is uneven.

The lazy and stubborn interface bug: The interface, particularly when trying to cast skills is often irresponsive or disobiediant. This includes when you try to cast a spell and your character runs to the mob until it is close enough but 'forgets' what it was doing it for and just stands there instead. But the game does tend to 'ignore' commands resulting in me having to click or press things two or more times. This isn't uncommon in any software but it just seems to be worse with PWI to me whever it's mostly caused by lag, faulty design/bugged programming or whatnot.

The rorrible pet skill bug: It just seems that the pet skill "Roar" doesn't actually work very well. Often, the mob still aggros me and doesn't even bat an eyelash at my pet before, during or after the skill use, even if my pet is beating it to a pulp.

The sneaky Snake Isle Race bug: Before, you could enter 10 minutes early but the actual race quest wouldn't be available until the start time (which is accompanied with an automatic GM system announcement). Now, it's available as soon as you can enter the instance so the first to enter can have a head's start....up to 10 minutes early.

The out of control untamed flying mount bug: The untamed flying mounts (at least the sting rays and dragon) keep flying around in a circle around where you clicked if it's too nearby below. Instead of turning to face the right direction and moving forward a bit, it just orbits around 'trying' to get right over it but constantly flying around instead.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Is it just me or fox farm animation takes a lil more time to show like 5-7 secs
    Quit.
  • calab
    calab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok,

noticed something a bit strange in the race today... not sure how long its been this way, since i have not been able to race for at least a couple weeks.

The Chests, that u are supposed to dig, at the END of the race... were not there. I mentioned in world to someone, and they said, that people could dig them when they enter the instance, before they race now...

I know monthly races are not enabled yet, however... it does say in the quest, that the top 5 Winners of the race... will have the chance to dig those chests... clearly not the case anymore.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already in forum, i searched but could not find.

also, when are the monthly races going to be working anyways?

thanks!
  • dejoker
    dejoker Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I realize this is floating around elsewhere but as it appears to be an ingame bug I thought I'd bring it here.

For many players it seems that once you get this elusive Banker named Hen Shao assigned to your quest you are forever stuck with him and no other banker will take the quest. I have tired numerous times on different characters and always the same result. Further it seems to be a more recent problem.

I have a Cleric and was able to complete the 1st Banker expansion quest but on the 2nd Banker expansion quest I get this banker Hen Shao and can not complete the quest at all.

So I tried a Barbarian and found that I could not complete the 1st Banker expansion quest because I get this banker Hen Shao and believe me getting to that city with a male was a treat.

Now on both characters (and several other players that I have tried to help) I have restarted the quest numerous times but everytime I do I get the same banker that I must turn it into and no bankers that I (or anyone else I know) have found (as of yet) will take the quest, they will start it but they will not conclude it.

I was considering getting one of those expansions you pay for but with this being a problem I am reluctant to buy them because I am concerned that they too do not work.

Again I was able to conclude it with my 1st character but have not been able to conclude with any character since then, including the 1st character trying to do the 2nd banker expansion quest. So it appears to perhaps be a more recent bug as opposed a long time running one.

I hope this information helps to fix this problem. Storage space in this game for players that like to do all the crafting skills is extremely tight to begin with and this makes it near to impossible to continue with this endeavor and with this problem floating around it makes one think twice about actually buying an expansion item because a bug in one aspect of the storage expansion system could very likely be a bug in all.

Addendum: Yes I verified that I had all the essential materials on the character prior to trying to conclude the quest. I have also double checked with each player that I have tried to help that they had all the essential materials on there character so that is not the problem in this case.
  • cache22
    cache22 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've noticed a couple of minor bugs since the last patch:

1. When turning off flying, characters now go into a 'free fall' animation instead of the previous 'quick descent' animations. Once on the ground, the wings or flying sword remain visible until the character moves (movement might have to be in a direction other than the one the character was originally facing, I'm not sure. I've once seen the sword move along the ground with the character as it ran along.) I haven't tried this with an untamed character, so I don't know if it affects their flying mounts.

2. When I use Wellspring Quaff on my wizard, there's a couple of seconds delay before the animation. The spell still takes effect instantly, though.

Both of these issues are cosmetic rather than functional, so don't affect gameplay in any way.
  • Dastard - Sanctuary
    Dastard - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was playing earlier, flying from Archosaur to the area around Secret Passage to kill Skelevizen Warlocks. I was chatting as I auto-pathed and accidently brought up my map because I wasn't in the chat window. I cleared it and noticed I was dropping from flight in front of the tower, and decided to check things out before I started fighting so I used a shortcut to start flying again. When I did the loading screen came up and when it finished I was inside the Secret Passage on my Aerosword, (I can't remember the name, the one you get from the quest) and I couldn't move because I constantly hit the rubberband glitch. When I tried to get off the sword I got the message telling me I wasn't able to fly, and of course my Town Portal wouldn't work.

I logged out and when I logged back in I was off the Aerosword and able to leave, but I thought I would let you know because it is very disruptive to whatever you happen to be doing.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l211/WalkerCyrmych/Glitch.jpg
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When im auto path flying , if i use a skill the mount disables. Is that just me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Devine - Lost City
    Devine - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've recently learned the Level 11 Hell revive for clerics. I have played in PH server and have learned that skill on my cleric there as well. There seems to be a difference. Should there be? Level 11 revive skill for both heaven and hell clerics is supposed to restore 100% of target's HP & MP upon reviving. It seems to only restore 10% of HP & MP for my cleric and other's in the guild who have the level 11 revive skill as well. I was just wondering if this can be fixed or have I again spent my money on useless stuff.
  • pakse
    pakse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hello, I am having a problem with the Crazy Stone Quests on Sanctuary. I can receive them from the npc, get the quest, complete the quest, have the fact that I have gathered everything show up in my quest window as completed, track or run to the npc I was told to give the things to and then nothing. They do not take the items, they don't even recognise me as having this quest to complete. This has happened on two of the Crazy quests and I am reluctant to do more, though I would really like to.

Anyone else have this problem? I have checked with friends online and the all think I am completing them correctly and they do not understand it either.

Thank you.
  • Divinie - Heavens Tear
    Divinie - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gah what is up with the teleport from Town of Arrivals to Sundown? You go to Sundown and you choose the option to teleport but it lands you back in Town of Arrivals again >< This newly intended and why cant we choose to go to City of Lost from Sundown now?

Please fix this!b:thanks
  • thegardener
    thegardener Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When I entered for my fb29 through the illusion stone, I died when I was in. Probably because of the mobs just outside the fb (in secret passage) which could have attacked me real quick... That's annoying, but what's really weird is that once I died and got in the fb, I was dead (with gray screen and the tele to town window) which doesn't show on the screenie cuz I used f9 ><
    I didn't know that the windows would disappear wwhen using f9 ...
    The cleric (cami ^^ ) tried to ress, but that didn't work, but she was able to heal and buff etc. When I logged I was alive again... at the same spot >.<
    http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/8186/20090924010534.png

Then something else (idk about this but thought I'd post it since I'm here anyways >< ) which actually happens pretty often. When I jump I'm staying in the air... as if I'm just standing. Kinda looks as if I'm huge which is pretty funny but not really what should happen I think xD
    http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3236/20090926191134.png
    and ftw what a big **** post o.o
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a feeling that this error message might be a bit ... strange
    webspace.jpg
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, I'll see about getting that changed... It's still an issue that you have low disk space, though, and you should see about rectifying that.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We haven't been able to reproduce the lobster line glitch, or the lobster to venomancer line glitch.

However, I have a theory about the new graphic effect that the Lobster uses.
    To see this, take the Overall slider in the in-game Settings, and slide it to the left.

Then turn on Warp, and turn it off once you are on a lobster mount, or near one. Let us know if you get the line to go away.

Please make a NEW THREAD POST regarding your findings.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have noticed several glitches related to jumping/flying, as of late. If you open wings/take out flying pet, and attempt to elevate yourself, you get "stuck", and repeat the motion over and over.

This also happens when you jump off something. It can be jumping on foot, or on a mount.

Because this glitch is motion-related, I am unable to capture a screenshot.

thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.