Public Quest "Rotflesh Trench" Level 60-80 Explained.

Options

Comments

• Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to add a video tutorial demonstrating how to check the player ranking:

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to change boss pulling strategy
    Add the ending time for quest availability.

Regards
  • UknownDevil - Heavens Tear
    UknownDevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the reward for public is just for 60
    70 mold is better
    what i can see for 70+ it no good doing them waste time
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the reward for public is just for 60
    70 mold is better
    what i can see for 70+ it no good doing them waste time

The reward For players level 60-80 is Valor Medals which can be exchanged for Exp or a piece of gear which expires in 7 days. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Updated to add a video: Level 70 - 73 in one second by turning in 359 Medals.

Regards
  • al7an
    al7an Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i cant see the officer >>!!??!!
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    al7an wrote: »
    i cant see the officer >>!!??!!

What time ( Server Time ) did you try to take the quest? And you are level 60?

The public quest NPC will not appear until 9AM server time.

If you are there after 9AM server time and everyone else is able to take the quest and you are not, I would recmmend relogging.

If nobody is able to take the quest and it is after 9AM server time, then the NPC just did not appear for some reason. It happened yesterday. -.-

Regards
  • al7an
    al7an Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What time ( Server Time ) did you try to take the quest? And you are level 60?

The public quest NPC will not appear until 9AM server time.

If you are there after 9AM server time and everyone else is able to take the quest and you are not, I would recmmend relogging.

If nobody is able to take the quest and it is after 9AM server time, then the NPC just did not appear for some reason. It happened yesterday. -.-

Regards

is the server time the time nest to sun or moon in the game ? .. or what ?
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

No idea I haven't noticed. I would say just go to http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ and take note of the time on the right hand side. That is the server time.

Regards
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Did this quest and got no exp and no spirit. woot.
  • anaxagoras
    anaxagoras Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Server Time has nothing to do with the sun and moon in game; server time is Pacific Standard Time (West Coast USA) , or GMT -7 hours
  • UknownDevil - Heavens Tear
    UknownDevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what im trying to say that why there no reward to 70+ why only 65
    i dont mean exp i mean armor etc
  • _xy_ - Sanctuary
    _xy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok what's I'm about to say is that it's very rude of pw ppl that this public quest npc shows up only at certain time!!! The reason why is rude is that u guys didn't considered that ppl have different time zones- so not everyone can make that quest!!! So please next time when u make certain new quest (hope u do) think about all ppl who play pw..... after all this is INTERNATIONAL game.. isn't it?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Did this quest a few times on my 7x melee cleric for the lulz, roughly 4 medals each time and 53k exp. Didn't need any pots at all, didn't even take agro except on the 200 mob thing at the start.

EDIT:

Ok, gets even better, seem after a few more runs that 4 medals was bad luck. Total results from the runs I did today... 4, 4, 6, 4, 7, 7.
    So a few hours questing for a total of 32 medals for a nice 424,512 Exp 88,320 SP.

Just to point out again, I used a melee cleric with axes. So even a decent BM could do far better. No pots, charms. I think the important thing here was that I was completely solo.

Considering it was 4 times the exp of WQ and just as quick, I doubt I'll being doing any WQ till 8x :p
  • Jessyph - Sanctuary
    Jessyph - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide, it's very useful ^^
    Clears most of my doubt.

But there's 1 thing I like to know, let's say I'm a cleric, not in any squad but I start healing, buffing & resurr anyone on the field, do i get points for it too?
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure point are decided by how much damage your squad does divided by the # of players in the squad, aka your squads avg damage per person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So is this public quest only available to lvl 60-80 players? It says on the PWI site that u have to be at least lvl 60. But does that mean lvl 80-90 ppl can also do it?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    But there's 1 thing I like to know, let's say I'm a cleric, not in any squad but I start healing, buffing & resurr anyone on the field, do i get points for it too?

Curious about that too, will random heals, buffs and rez's gain any contribution? Also does self-healing gain contribution? I mean, lets face it a melee cleric isn't out-damaging wizzies and sins or even BM's but I still out-contri a lot of them.

Unfortunately no, level 80-94 players can't do public quest at all :/

Oh and last question, is there any cap on exp rewards? O.o Meaning if I hand in say 4000 saved up medals at once, I'll gain the full 50 million exp or whatever it is right? Would suck to save that much and get, say 999,999exp. b:chuckle
  • Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City
    Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well roughly to help answer some of the questions PQ is available at 9am server not sure what time he dissappears cuz im normally sleep lol but for round 1 of PQ u kill 200 mobs for some reason most ppl squad (dont ask why ) XD but here are results of kills SOLO: 30points DUO: 15 points Trio:10points Quad is 7 and i havent gone past 4 mems because im there to win b:chuckle next round ^^ is m best round lol each mob solo is worth 300 points DUP:150 TRIO:100 QUAD 75. and the last round the 2 bosses if u are fast enuf lol or smart like me ^^ SOLO 1500pts DUO:750 TRIO:500 QUAD IS 375 I think lol not sure about quad for that last part. There are other rewards to PQ than just the xp and armor lol with enuf medals u can turn them in to get a chance to win a white panther mount and a all-class assassin pet but its only a chance hunt threw the forums and u will find the cords for the guy were u can exchange 150 for this chance. For those of u that have said u did not recieve any tokens it is you did not contribute enuf to the quest to recieve any. Also for those that said veno sin or archer own at PQ put them up against me lol and they will get nothing more than second place and if im in a squad they will rank 4th ask anyone that PQs 60-80 on Lost City lol im the King (Self Proclaimed) for those wizzys out there just to let u no get some jiaozi and open DB solo on a few mob at a time me mself i can tank the whole 2nd pit with cleric and some to keep pull the mobs....

Great Topic ^^ just added some more insight to it and im going for the white panther woot and for those of you lvl 80s that decide to stick with pq for medals like me u need 5,000 medals just about to lvl from 80-90 in a sec lol thats 500 wins of first place ^^

If you do partiipate in a squad i recommend no more than 3 ppl or u might lose Cleric to heal wizzy to DB and another clan that can pulll extremely well ive gone with a veno that works the best so far DB the whole pit and u have just killed about half of the 50 kills need lol go for the sacrificers there MT DB hurts them alot more than the shaman which are Fire mobsb:laugh
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well roughly to help answer some of the questions PQ is available at 9am server not sure what time he dissappears cuz im normally sleep lol but for round 1 of PQ u kill 200 mobs for some reason most ppl squad (dont ask why ) XD but here are results of kills SOLO: 30points DUO: 15 points Trio:10points Quad is 7 and i havent gone past 4 mems because im there to win b:chuckle next round ^^ is m best round lol each mob solo is worth 300 points DUP:150 TRIO:100 QUAD 75. and the last round the 2 bosses if u are fast enuf lol or smart like me ^^ SOLO 1500pts DUO:750 TRIO:500 QUAD IS 375

Full zhen squad = whole squad at the top.

It's just as in grinding with 3 people. You'll split the exp by 3, but you kill 5 times faster so in the end you'll get more
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Eimo - Lost City
    Eimo - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For clerics, as far as i know, healing doesnt bring any points at all. Its better to just focus on dd and heal as few times as possible in order to still contribute to the team. However, if you are close to your squad when a mob is killed, their contributions will spill to you.

I can do decent on solo cleric pq.

Phase 1 : Find and solo the vultures, do not go near the dogs. All of them give the same points anyway, might as well go for the easiest.

Phase 2 : Spam aoe as much as possible and focus on dd. Heal and purify as needed but I would rather use the chi for a sparked razor feather or tempest.

Phase 3 : Stay away from the boss so that you won't get paralysed. It's up to you whether you want to purify your own debuff.

Also, for all the rez-ing request, those don't give any points. Generally i try to rez as little as possible but thats really up to you. I've fallend from top 10 before just to rez someone. Is it worth it? Depends on you.

Despite saying all that, in a team pq, i would heal a more and try to contribute by dd. BB and RB are just a waste of time and charm, imo, unless you have a Zhen type of squad.

My goal is just to get as many medals as possible with the least amount of mana used. Hope this helps.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The zhen approach seems a waste of money tbh. You get maybe 2-3 medals more than someone 1v1'ing and end up with a massive repair/charm/pot bill.

This guide should be stickied too.
  • LuuXun - Lost City
    LuuXun - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So I was doing the Public Quest at Lonely Cloud Reef with my wife and we finished with the top 2 rank, but when we flew back to the Pioneer Officer Windshaker we didn't get anything. The mini quest bar was gone on both our screens but it was still there on the quest list. It read "tallying results" or something. But the thing is it stayed that way for the longest time while everyone else was already starting the next PQ. We reloged and it said FAIL.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...2616-55-06.jpg

Anyone know why we didn't get anything?
    We never usually have to wait so long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    7X Psychic
  • SugarBrat - Harshlands
    SugarBrat - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    what if u can not see the npc 2 pick up the quest? i even tried loggin out and back in
  • Munsu - Lost City
    Munsu - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    great guide, decided to bump so I can more easily find it for my alt :P
  • T_IGE_R - Lost City
    T_IGE_R - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Is it allowed to PK at PQ? b:cool
  • cragzor
    cragzor Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can you tell me if its possible to farm medals when its pretty easy to lvl without pq and get reward when i get 81+ lvl?
    I mean im sin with 74 lvl weap its easy to get 8-10 medals every pq and im already lvling fast with bhs/fbs so i just farm them and get like 300 medals or so and change for exp when i dont have got pq quest anymore.
  • Bey - Lost City
    Bey - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The quest is only avail from 9am-11pm server time, which is Pacific. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since it is "international" but that's how it's set up.
  • DarkyNab - Sanctuary
    DarkyNab - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Are u all sure that it is till 80 ? I though it's till 79 , if some1 could tell me , would be cool
    Regards
    Dark