Public Quest "Rotflesh Trench" Level 60-80 Explained.

Options

Comments

• Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the website they got this info off cites u!! gratz lol, anyway I also heard that you can get an item that increase exp for a week? can any1 confirm or deny that??

Yeh its in the reward area of the guide. some of the gear you can get adds exp. the list is incomplete.

Regards
  • HebeAi - Dreamweaver
    HebeAi - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ah I just saw had a BM kick our asses by over 1000pts, so I guess this is very doable for other classes lol.

This is what I got from my light pack. Only lasts 7 days b:cry

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8870/publicquestlightpack.jpg
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ah I just saw had a BM kick our asses by over 1000pts, so I guess this is very doable for other classes lol.

This is what I got from my light pack. Only lasts 7 days b:cry

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8870/publicquestlightpack.jpg

Hmm well was it before or after the random points were added? You see the points are shared and distributed if you squad. Venos solo and some archers because they can get more points. They aren't shared solo. Theres a good chance you can get more that way if you have the charm for it. It's meant to boost charm sales really. b:laugh. Ty for the screen btw I will add it and credit you.

Regards
  • chajo
    chajo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    - The quest NPC appears 9AM server time. I have not yet noted when it becomes unavailable.

I was in the one about 3am eastern standard time, it ended & I decided to leave. When I came back he was gone & I noticed that it was around 4am. If I'm up again at that time I'll try and check to see if he vanishes. If so that would mean 1am server time is when the PQ ends for the day.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    chajo wrote: »
    I was in the one about 3am eastern standard time, it ended & I decided to leave. When I came back he was gone & I noticed that it was around 4am. If I'm up again at that time I'll try and check to see if he vanishes. If so that would mean 1am server time is when the PQ ends for the day.

Wow thank you so much. ^o^. Really interesting if the quest is available for 16 hours only ._.

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to add another Light Armor gear pack reward. Credit HebeAi

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to add a quest bug and another very important thing to watch out for regarding the phase status when starting the quest at 9AM

Regards.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Okay a word of advice, from ME!

Haha.

AoE's.
    >yes. That is THE best way to handle these public quests.
    >Treat it like a grinding party/ZHEN party
    >Bosses however do NOT work the same way

Ideal Squad
    >2 clerics, one BB one RB
    >1 puller (melee class, barb prefered, or veno with decent pet)
    >3 constant AoE's (i.e. rangers and mages, could subsitute on AoE for another puller depending on strength of AoE's and how good the pullers are

Proof that clerics CAN and DO own :)
    2hd89s7.png
    Paired w/ the right squad a cleric does amazingly, sadly, I'm almost positive that the clerics rank is dependent on the rank of party members, however, that could also be an advantage as it was here.
    >yes my squad all made top 10 i believe

My reward from the Magic supply bag thing =P
    27yzkhy.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Okay a word of advice, from ME!

Haha.

AoE's.
    >yes. That is THE best way to handle these public quests.
    >Treat it like a grinding party/ZHEN party
    >Bosses however do NOT work the same way

Ideal Squad
    >2 clerics, one BB one RB
    >1 puller (melee class, barb prefered, or veno with decent pet)
    >3 constant AoE's (i.e. rangers and mages, could subsitute on AoE for another puller depending on strength of AoE's and how good the pullers are

Proof that clerics CAN and DO own :)
    2hd89s7.png
    Paired w/ the right squad a cleric does amazingly, sadly, I'm almost positive that the clerics rank is dependent on the rank of party members, however, that could also be an advantage as it was here.
    >yes my squad all made top 10 i believe

My reward from the Magic supply bag thing =P
    27yzkhy.png

Hi for now I will not add the AOE and party configuration information. The reason is many times I have gotten more points than those parties with a duo only and i have seen more solo players outrank those parties. Additionally I have seen the boss get caught in the aoes making life miserable for all the other players while the wizards continue their business. I will of course add it if a variety of other players agree they have had success securing rank 1 using this strategy. Thank you for the screenshot I will add it and credit you. I do agree many times healers rank high when in the proper party and sometimes higher than the DD or squad.

Regards
  • HebeAi - Dreamweaver
    HebeAi - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hmm well was it before or after the random points were added? You see the points are shared and distributed if you squad. Venos solo and some archers because they can get more points. They aren't shared solo. Theres a good chance you can get more that way if you have the charm for it. It's meant to boost charm sales really. b:laugh. Ty for the screen btw I will add it and credit you.

Regards

Before random pts. He was really ahead of us from the beginning (at the end of stage 1). It was him and then the next two people in the ranks were me and one of my squad members.

LOL yeah, charms really help...I have to burn through pots most of the time instead, so I never expect to get 1st in ranks XD.

Oh and I agree with your previous comment that parties are not necessary. I usually duo or trio and have consistently ranked in at least the top6
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Before random pts. He was really ahead of us from the beginning (at the end of stage 1). It was him and then the next two people in the ranks were me and one of my squad members.

LOL yeah, charms really help...I have to burn through pots most of the time instead, so I never expect to get 1st in ranks XD.

Oh and I agree with your previous comment that parties are not necessary. I usually duo or trio and have consistently ranked in at least the top6

Yeh heh parties hurt your score which is a shame really because it's fun to party. Yeh I often party with healers that dont bring mp and sometimes I end up dying about 12 times or more lol. The quest is fun but I wouldn't invest my hard earned money in game or out of game to do it. I suppose it's mainly because solo play seems encouraged rather than squad play to enhance charm sales. Even if you get rank 1 theres a chance random contribution will change the outcome anyway. Still fun none the less I haven't done anything in the game other than PQ since it came out, well mostly lol.

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to add a Magic gear pack reward credit Aelric.

Changed some errors and strategic information.

Regards
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If that information about the pets is true, I will collect 150 Medals and verify it. I have 47 Medals. Thank you for sharing this.
    Regards
    +
    Updated to add information about the nearby city, Rare pet " Dark Assassin", White panther mount and Black panther mount. Credit whantplay2
    Added group strategy.
    Regards

emm warnirng first to try it, see this:
    Known Issues:
    Merchant Ironox – Blunted Lance Stand – Rewards in the Sample tab cannot be redeemed.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    f0xxya wrote: »
    +

emm warnirng first to try it, see this:

:b:angry

Thank you. I forgot that when I first logged into the expansion the release notes were not published. I completely forgot to go back and read them. I was unaware this was listed and so much was already published about the PQ. b:sad

Regards.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to explain 150 Medal awards cannot yet be redeemed.
    Updated to explain you must have inventory space to receive medals.

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to change strategic information for archers and healers.
    Updated to explain more about the contribution distribution system.

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    f0xxya wrote: »
    lol you copy other guide for the pet ride creation b:chuckle lol.

There is a difference between what I did and this other person. I referenced their post and original content and provided a link to it and I also credited them plain view.

I did not copy and paste it in it's original form without crediting the original author, it's disrespectful and offensive.

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As previously believed, You could exchange 150 medals for a rare pet or choose one of 2 rare mounts. This is not possible using the level 60-80 quest. This is available for level 95 + only.

The 60-80 quest provides Tideborn valor medals. The level 95 quest awards Tideborn Guardian medals. You can see my medals from the screenshot are different in name and appearance, they must be for level 95 only.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af348/uQGoCRCmvxvwg1e1/12-2423-29-46.jpg

Edit removed all references to these rewards.

Regards
  • Rastelin - Heavens Tear
    Rastelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Great job on this Foltern! This will be very helpful! b:victory
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Great job on this Foltern! This will be very helpful! b:victory

Thank you very much ^^

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Updated to change boss luring tatic explain and discourage air attacks.
    Added information about zhen parties.

Regards
  • Goterdone - Sanctuary
    Goterdone - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has managed to get the 150 medals and traded at the merchant in Blunted Last Stand. The rumour of a white panther has me saving and since i play a veno with nix it wont take me long to get 150 medals. If anyone has done this and the reward wasn't worth while can u post what the reward was? Thanks and good luck beating me for first place b:laugh
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has managed to get the 150 medals and traded at the merchant in Blunted Last Stand. The rumour of a white panther has me saving and since i play a veno with nix it wont take me long to get 150 medals. If anyone has done this and the reward wasn't worth while can u post what the reward was? Thanks and good luck beating me for first place b:laugh

I tried it see post 79.

Regards
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thanks this is really help to know what the quest is it
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what about a bm how you think he should play this, pls tell me your advices
    regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    thanks this is really help to know what the quest is it

Your Welcome.

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    regards

I have seen solo Blademasters win many times. It's a difficult question to answer because I am only familiar with healers and Archers. I would have to say it depends on your gear and if you wear a charm. I always duo because I don't wear a charm. I have seen solo Blademasters gather several mobs and constantly use all AOE skills and stuns on them the entire time. Since they can deal massive AOE damage they score very high solo. Im sure the cost is very high if you intend to solo the place but a duo with a healer might be better. If a strong solo player is present you will probably lose to them but you can do it for a lot less money and still get medals. Sorry I can't be of more assistance, I'm just not familiar with the class.

Regards
  • Purrfect_Pet - Dreamweaver
    Purrfect_Pet - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    regards

AOE like crazy, works very well for my bm, just have to keep an eye out for the boss

has anyone found out what time the npc disappears yet? reread all the posts and douldn't find a definate answer

thx
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    AOE like crazy, works very well for my bm, just have to keep an eye out for the boss

has anyone found out what time the npc disappears yet? reread all the posts and douldn't find a definate answer

thx

I personally have not yet discovered it or had another player provide that information :(

Regards
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Cleric tactics:
    Here's my experience as a cleric in the PQ as of lvl 80 onward, which I was when this was implemented, 81 now, so I cannot further experiment on this. I am completely speaking from the point of not having any charms, or using anykind of MP food.

Selfish **** Tactic:
    Do NOT buff squads when the quest is not on, or heal. The system gives you insanely high contribution points during the quest time when you buff, heal and revive people. You only seem to gain points from healing when your spell is actually healing. Healing a perfect health character doesn't seem to add points. Thus avoid purifying, just IH them and get the points for the heals. Buff people on quest time, so you get points for buffing people. Do NOT purify, purify doesn't add as much contribution to you as healing does AND it takes away chi, further damaging your ability to get points.

You can stay on the ground as long as you're surrounded by other people that take the mobs off you, if you get hit, fly up IMMEDIATEDLY and heal yourself.

More Socially Acceptable Tactics That Still Benefit You:
    Squad buff before quest start, the elemental / physical DOT doesn't hurt too bad, 1 IH will easily cover them as they're short period. Do not purify unless absolutely necessary such as in the case of stuns and freezes where the person is unable to contribute. If you don't have someone to heal, buff, or revive, deal damage preferrably with razor feather and use spark eruptions with them. Hitting 5 mobs for 10k damage each is epic.

You can finish this all without any apoc items, or charms, or anything as a cleric and still finish high. You have to use your skills when they're most benefitial and meditate when they wouldn't be as benefitial for times where you can make a bigger difference.

Just to clarify, nobody was killed under my care due to lack of mp, or lack of care to maintain the squad with experimenting these all.

Buffs: Buffing gives the most contribution points by far. I noticed this on the first run when I ran around buffing random people and I always ranked in the top5 at the end of the first stage, even with tons of other players taking part. Hence the **** tactic of not buffing until quest starts, I never did this though. Always buffed before.