79 Skils:What are your Suggestions?

Options
MindNurf - Harshlands
MindNurf - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
As the title says. Id like to get input on what my fellow psychics think we are lacking the most concerning 79 skills. Myself personally am hoping for a physical damage spell similar to BT and hopefully a aoe zhen.

What are you hoping for come patch?
Post your suggestions. (Maybe the devs will read and take your advice!)
Post edited by MindNurf - Harshlands on

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    increase speed b:avoid , increase mana regen b:beatenup

increase speed could be some sort of teleport like wizard
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    -60 def level on target

Range 27meters
    Mana 600
    Channel 1 second
    Cast 0.5 second
    Cooldown 1 second
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments, Artefacts

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
    During the fight with the weird other fishes, the grand Psychic Elder suggested that the
    Psychic ought learn from the weird other fishies and their combat spells.
    Hence two brand-new spells were developed to greatly enhance the
    battlefield activities of the Psychic. Undine Slash was one of them. As one of the most
    effective elemental spells, Undine Slash adopts a part of its essence from the Winged
    Elves' Elemental Seal. It also deals magic damage to the target. However,
    because grand Psychic Elder was too specialized in Earth element, the spell deals
    lesser Earth damage to the target, but reduces it's def level by 60 for 12 seconds.

<3 go add (zz wiz ppl can go home)
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    increase speed b:avoid , increase mana regen b:beatenup

increase speed could be some sort of teleport like wizard

i think a bit increase movement speed and another with mana regen is far enough XD i doubt coming a zhen skill ...
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yea increased movement speed and mana regen sounds nice, but i think im still gonna sitck with my suggestionsb:dirty. those two i think i spirit charm and holy path can easily fix b:laugh

More Suggestions!
    id like to get everyones input Keep the thread going
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    -60 def level on target

Range 27meters
    Mana 600
    Channel 1 second
    Cast 0.5 second
    Cooldown 1 second
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments, Artefacts

During the fight with the weird other fishes, the grand Psychic Elder suggested that the
    Psychic ought learn from the weird other fishies and their combat spells.
    Hence two brand-new spells were developed to greatly enhance the
    battlefield activities of the Psychic. Undine Slash was one of them. As one of the most
    effective elemental spells, Undine Slash adopts a part of its essence from the Winged
    Elves' Elemental Seal. It also deals magic damage to the target. However,
    because grand Psychic Elder was too specialized in Earth element, the spell deals
    lesser Earth damage to the target, but reduces it's def level by 60 for 12 seconds.

<3 go add (zz wiz ppl can go home)

that is interesting..hrm like that one. but thats a bit more op then undine when it comes to pvp..especially tw. -60 def makes that target take more damage to ALL damage not just magic. Would be nice thoughb:thanks
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Skill 1: Psychics need a parallel to Dragon's breath of course, aka a sustained damage skill. (though this thread should be in suggestions)

Storm of Ages
    Range 8 meters
    Mana 350
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Weapon Artifact

The power of Water and Earth surround you in a hurricane of destruction. All enemies within 8 meters of you suffer constant Water and Earth damage. Consumes 350 Mana every 3.5 seconds inflicting Water damage equal to 75% base magic damage and Earth damage equal to 75% base magic damage. Has 10% chance to reduce accuracy of effected foes and has 10% chance to inflict additional 5000 water damage. Casting will not stop until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

Requires one spark.

350 mana every 3.5 stays consistant with the 300 every 3 of dragons breath and the 500 every 5 of the cleric's maintained aoes. The damage is more based on magic attack so it becomes increasingly stronger with level and refining rather than having a portion of the damage relevant to level of the skill (as 79 skills cannot be leveled). Since 79 skills have no demon/sage versions it included a lesser equivalent of what would be applicable to each version in my mind witha 10% chance at 2 different add-ons. 8 Meters applied because the direct cast aoes mostly have 8 meter ranges (smaller than wizard range) so I felt Psychic's sustained aoe should be the opposite.

Skill 2/3: Group Atk/Def level Buffs

Black Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 2 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a sea of rage. Increasing their attack levels by 15 but lowering their defense levels by 20 for 15 minutes.

Overwrites White Haze.

White Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 2 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a wall of stone. Increasing their defense levels by 40 but lowering their attack levels by 25 for 15 minutes.

Overwrites Black Haze

These two skills will clarify/solidify psychics as having a beneficial but non-essential party role allowing them to be viewed as something more than just a plain DD. Wizards increase all physical attacking party members damage with their water buff. Archers increase the entire party's evasion, why should psychics not be drawn in parallel to the other classes?
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Skill 1: Psychics need a parallel to Dragon's breath of course, aka a sustained damage skill. (though this thread should be in suggestions)

Storm of Ages
    Range 8 meters
    Mana 350
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Weapon Artifact

The power of Water and Earth surround you in a hurricane of destruction. All enemies within 8 meters of you suffer constant Water and Earth damage. Consumes 350 Mana every 3.5 seconds inflicting Water damage equal to 75% base magic damage and Earth damage equal to 75% base magic damage. Has 10% chance to reduce accuracy of effected foes and has 10% chance to inflict additional 5000 water damage. Casting will not stop until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

Requires one spark.

350 mana every 3.5 stays consistant with the 300 every 3 of dragons breath and the 500 every 5 of the cleric's maintained aoes. The damage is more based on magic attack so it becomes increasingly stronger with level and refining rather than having a portion of the damage relevant to level of the skill (as 79 skills cannot be leveled). Since 79 skills have no demon/sage versions it included a lesser equivalent of what would be applicable to each version in my mind witha 10% chance at 2 different add-ons. 8 Meters applied because the direct cast aoes mostly have 8 meter ranges (smaller than wizard range) so I felt Psychic's sustained aoe should be the opposite.

Black Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 2 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a sea of rage. Increasing their attack levels by 15 but lowering their defense levels by 20.

Overwrites White Haze.

White Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 2 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a wall of stone. Increasing their defense levels by 40 but lowering their attack levels by 25.

Overwrites Black Haze

Thats a really good idea about the Haze Buffs. I can forsee alot of QQ about it though. People only wanting psychics in there fc and gamma runsb:surrender
  • Avaricious - Dreamweaver
    Avaricious - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Storm of Ages
    Range 8 meters
    Mana 350
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Weapon Artifact

Requires one spark.

Black Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 2 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a sea of rage. Increasing their attack levels by 15 but lowering their defense levels by 20 for 15 minutes.

Overwrites White Haze.

White Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 2 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Envelops your party in a wall of stone. Increasing their defense levels by 40 but lowering their attack levels by 25 for 15 minutes.

Overwrites Black Haze

These two skills will clarify/solidify psychics as having a beneficial but non-essential party role allowing them to be viewed as something more than just a plain DD. Wizards increase all physical attacking party members damage with their water buff. Archers increase the entire party's evasion, why should psychics not be drawn in parallel to the other classes?

I think... I think you should post this in Suggestions. Even if it isn't taken exactly as you suggest, it's quite a good idea. Psychics are lacking Party Buffs of any sort, as well as a sustained AOE. If they were to make anything similar to your suggestion, I feel as though it'd be possible to get into a Rebirth Squad.
    "Avaricious often implies a pathological, driven greediness for money or other valuables and usually suggests a concomitant miserliness."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:dirty b:heart

Storm of Ages
    Range 8 meters
    Mana 350
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 20 seconds
    Weapon Artifact

Requires one spark.

Black Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 2 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Overwrites White Haze.

White Haze
    Range 12 meters
    Mana 1000
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 2 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds

Overwrites Black Haze

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'd like something like this. b:dirty
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Oh Snap!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Moobyhex - Lost City
    Moobyhex - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What if there's a skill that doubles skill range for 15 seconds 0.0
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think... I think you should post this in Suggestions. Even if it isn't taken exactly as you suggest, it's quite a good idea. Psychics are lacking Party Buffs of any sort, as well as a sustained AOE. If they were to make anything similar to your suggestion, I feel as though it'd be possible to get into a Rebirth Squad.

I think they'd increase the viability of a Psychic in any squad, at the moment, people were taking me on RB gamma (can't now) as a viable alternative to a wizard. Sadly with the gamma group build being more dependent on wizards tanking (silly idea if you ask me) being an arcane pure mag just made me pull WAAY too much and reducing my effectiveness slightly. I believe once demon/sage skills are implemented, Psychics will prove to be a perfect alternative option to wizard for rb, only at the moment would require full attentiveness much like the bm or barb.

Sandburst Blast, Glacial Shards, Aqua Cannon chain's near spammability situates Psychics as actually doing a good bit more damage per gear level than wizards in rebirth at the moment. However without them all being self-center based, the targeting plays a greater active role in continual effectiveness. Basically you need to play your psychic competantly to replace a wizard who can be lazy at the moment. I wanna be able to replace one lazily, or effectively pair with a wizard in place of the archer as another option.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

• MindNurf - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think they'd increase the viability of a Psychic in any squad, at the moment, people were taking me on RB gamma (can't now) as a viable alternative to a wizard. Sadly with the gamma group build being more dependent on wizards tanking (silly idea if you ask me) being an arcane pure mag just made me pull WAAY too much and reducing my effectiveness slightly. I believe once demon/sage skills are implemented, Psychics will prove to be a perfect alternative option to wizard for rb, only at the moment would require full attentiveness much like the bm or barb.

Sandburst Blast, Glacial Shards, Aqua Cannon chain's near spammability situates Psychics as actually doing a good bit more damage per gear level than wizards in rebirth at the moment. However without them all being self-center based, the targeting plays a greater active role in continual effectiveness. Basically you need to play your psychic competantly to replace a wizard who can be lazy at the moment. I wanna be able to replace one lazily, or effectively pair with a wizard in place of the archer as another option.

couldnt agree more
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    On a side note. Something that adds pdef would be a great addition. Currently and even end game, we wont compete with mages end game because we will get rocked by melee classes. Since mages can hit up to 15k pdef buffed with end game gear. Too many options and possibilities to improve this class. Pretty much limitless if you ask me. Just hope the devs come up with something good for us.

Anyhow More suggestions People!
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My cleric has no issues with pdef (12,797 fully buffed) wearing arcane gear, I was expecting this class to have very much the same pdef tendencies and am actually building the gear differently as the pdef on the cleric I found a tiny bit excessive and that hp would've gotten me a little bit more after a certain point. The wizards with 15k pdef are either light or over-refined pdef orns or a combination of the two. If you're that afraid of low pdef, roll light.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

• MindNurf - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My cleric has no issues with pdef (12,797 fully buffed) wearing arcane gear, I was expecting this class to have very much the same pdef tendencies and am actually building the gear differently as the pdef on the cleric I found a tiny bit excessive and that hp would've gotten me a little bit more after a certain point. The wizards with 15k pdef are either light or over-refined pdef orns or a combination of the two. If you're that afraid of low pdef, roll light.

Might i ask how u manage to reach 12k pdef? even end game mages have a hard time reaching that with there earth shield. As far as i know clerics dont have a skill of the sort that amplifies there pdef by that much besides the fortified armor buff. Maybe i am mistaken though. Im gemming all pdef except for the helm and cloak and im only at 1700. And i dont like LA. Dmg is Meh.Care to explain how you achieved your insane pdef?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Might i ask how u manage to reach 12k pdef? even end game mages have a hard time reaching that with there earth shield. As far as i know clerics dont have a skill of the sort that amplifies there pdef by that much besides the fortified armor buff. Maybe i am mistaken though. Im gemming all pdef except for the helm and cloak and im only at 1700. And i dont like LA. Dmg is Meh.Care to explain how you achieved your insane pdef?

Garnets in everything except for cape. I figure if I need more hp, I can refine more, and it seems to work. with fortified armor buff I'm up around 16k (don't have a bm to check for sure atm.) 13263 with fortified and no bm buff. Lunar pdef neck ref +6 OHT gold pdef quest belt +6 2 lunar rings, cape of cloudcharger, Ence's scar helm, tt90 gold wrists, tt90 green pants, so yeah, a few things that add pdef all over.

Get this thread back on topic, I wanna see more suggestions that would balance the class on the party function scale.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think it's kinda funny that basically all the psy's want wizzy skills. I personally think it'd be cool if the psy's got group mana recovery skills, like bb or hw, I'm pretty sure that alone would be enough to get you into most parties.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Foresight

Mana 500
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 5 minutes
    Weapon any
    Requisite cultivation Aware of Vacuity

Use the power of your soul to predict your enemy's next attack. Evades 1 attack within the next 30 seconds.
    Requires 50 chi.

That would be my guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MindNurf - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Foresight

Mana 500
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 5 minutes
    Weapon any

Use the power of your soul to predict your enemy's next attack. Evades 1 attack within the next 30 seconds.
    Requires 50 chi.

That would be my guess.

that is pure win i b:dirty you

More suggestions ppl Keep it going
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think it's kinda funny that basically all the psy's want wizzy skills. I personally think it'd be cool if the psy's got group mana recovery skills, like bb or hw, I'm pretty sure that alone would be enough to get you into most parties.

I agree with this ^_^ And i <3 Nowitsawn's idea =O
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mind Shatter

Mana 700
    Channel 0.5
    Cooldown 1 second
    Weapon soulsphere

Shatter your opponents mind lowering their attack and defense level by 20%
  • Jyen - Heavens Tear
    Jyen - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Soul Amplification

Mana 1000
    Channel 0.5
    Cooldown 15 minutes
    Weapon soulsphere

Self cast only.
    Add your Soulforce to the Magic Attack for the next attack but for the next it reduces for your Soulforce

Requires 1 spark.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Advanced meditation

Mana 0
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 20.0 seconds
    Weapon any
    Use your advanced knowledge of the soul to enter a state of trance. Recovers 1% of your hp/mp every second aswell as 10 chi.
    Skill will not stop until you click cancel or press ESC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    forgetful mind (PvP only)

Mana 400
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 4minutes
    Weapon any
    Make the oponent forget the skills he has learned. Drops the level of all your opponent's skills by 2.

I could go on all day with this b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Link the soul (PvP only)

Mana 400
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 10 minutes
    Weapon any

Become at one with your opponent. Your opponent will use the same hotkeys as you for 30 seconds (using skills through the skill menu will be disabled).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'll put the rest in a single post now b:embarrass

This one should actually be for an assassin I guess but oh well b:chuckle
    Mirror image

Mana 400
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 20 minutes
    Weapon any

Create a clone of yourself that can take an unlimited amount of damage for 5 seconds. Forces yourself into stealth mode for 5 seconds aswell.

======

Bend time

Mana 500
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 15 minutes
    Weapon any

Postpones the damage of your opponent's next attack within 30 seconds, making you suffer damage of the type of attack used over 15 seconds.

==============

Discard (PvP only)

Mana 400
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 10 minutes
    Weapon any

Make the opponent unequip a random piece of equipment.

=================

Sacrifice
    Mana 0
    Channel instant
    Cooldown 60 minutes
    Weapon any

Doubles your XP loss from death to revive all fallen teammates within a 200m radius. Can only be cast when dead. Guardian scrolls will only halve your xp loss when this skill is used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I thought of a couple. Real ones this time. b:surrender

Sight Beyond Sight
    Channel 1 second
    Cast Instant
    Cooldown 10 minutes
    Leave your body to explore your surroundings.
    Uses 100 MP per second.
    Character goes into meditation while in effect. Being hit ends effect.
    (Basically, it's a spying skill. Useful in TW, I would assume. I imagine it to be a "ghost" version of your character that you control that can't attack or be attacked. Others would be able to see you still.)

Open Your Mind
    Channel 10 seconds
    Cast 5 seconds
    Cooldown 1 hour
    Use the full power of your mind to destroy your surroundings.
    Drain all MP to inflict damage equal to weapon damage plus Soulforce plus MP used to all enemies in a 25 meter radius.
    (It's OP, I know. Pretty much if you haven't seen a particular Psychic use it in the last hour, you'd better hope you're alone and giving no opportunity for them to a huge amount of kills. Or take one for the team and hope they use it and not wipe the entire TW. Otherwise, you'd be high tailing it out of there and hope you get out of the way in time.)
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I still want to play Vesperia, but I never got into it like the other Tales games. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]