Psychics Vs Wizzies

Options

Comments

• Devilblooded - Heavens Tear
    Devilblooded - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    theres no doubt about pvp issue either, 6x i beat 7x wizz without any trouble ! still gotta see 79 skill before u guys put up, oh but wizz have undine strike, oh but wizz have a sleep oh but wizz have elemental shell (+1000x mag rez 4 sec completly useless to pay for that but well)

edit : 89+ will be interresting too but no one can compare since no demon sage skills out yet.
  • Arkaminus - Harshlands
    Arkaminus - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oh yea,arent archers supposed to be the strongest DDs since they always steal aggro in fbs and stuffb:question
    Those who constantly complain about the bad things in life always end up in the worst positions.
    so forget about what's bad and enjoy what's good.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    high spike dmg true but again i steal aggro from archer b:shocked

p.s. i have 6% crit dont forget, other psy might not have that much too !
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im frustrated how people being noob here, psy out DD wizz in pve at same lvl. DONT SPEAK ABOUT FREAKIN DMG OUTPUT our skill are UBER FREAKIN fast its like spamming gush if u want to compare then dont forget cast/channel and in pvp wise psy just **** wizz, 64 psy vs 79 wizz = pwn 5 time in a row, 1 soulburn tick and its too late 60 % hp whipe. and wize psy will concentrate on crit % instead of channel like my psy have 6% crit at lvl 66 and pure mag and i steal aggro from 79 archer/wizz with our lvl 1 nuke just by chaining them, other thing earth vector is not a radius aoe, its a ranged aoe just like MS wich do less dmg but take 1 spark and chan 1 sec cast 1 sec so its just like comparing a axe bm with a fist bm.

the bad point of a psy is that small mana pool. and to be a psy you need a brain because you need to elaborate good strategy to pwn people.

i've tested my dmg vs a wizz sightly higher then me, result was pretty similar but i was hitting a way faster. so please dont fact that psy are worthless DD ill come personatly show u how we ****!

You do realize that fighting PVP is very different from mobs, and some people just aren't used to the fact that players are going to nerf your damage even though you are hitting something like 3k plus on mobs.

Also, the faster casting time can be a psychic's weakness when it comes to DDing for bosses. Faster casting time means they spam, I see it a lot, we all see it alot; a person wants boss to be killed fast, they spam, they take agro and have no health, and end up dying because of it.

I admit I do not know much on the skills of wizards since I have never been one, I have a psychic, but I do not play it much since I see no ability to specialize in them yet. No 79 skills? No other weapon choices? C'mon, give me a break. You can't compare something that has the use of only weapon type to somebody who can execute five different weapon types, each of which have their own magic attack pluses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You do realize that fighting PVP is very different from mobs, and some people just aren't used to the fact that players are going to nerf your damage even though you are hitting something like 3k plus on mobs.

Also, the faster casting time can be a psychic's weakness when it comes to DDing for bosses. Faster casting time means they spam, I see it a lot, we all see it alot; a person wants boss to be killed fast, they spam, they take agro and have no health, and end up dying because of it.

I admit I do not know much on the skills of wizards since I have never been one, I have a psychic, but I do not play it much since I see no ability to specialize in them yet. No 79 skills? No other weapon choices? C'mon, give me a break. You can't compare something that has the use of only weapon type to somebody who can execute five different weapon types, each of which have their own magic attack pluses.

im not noob in pvp, i know dmg is nerfed but still very high and theres many way to play psychic in pvp, about spamming skill i gotta agree with you it cause much aggro, if u scared about aggro just dont use black voodoo or even use the white one or stay ready to use will of psychic that immune to physical damage, 79 skill comming up a class cant not have 79 skill so im pretty sure devloppers will implement that sooner or later, and about the weapon i think the soulsphere add on are pretty wise and satified me so far.
    but thats a personal choice its like going the ashura sign path on wizz and im pretty sure more stuff comming up, its a brand new class, they cant implemant everything at same time, i just expect a mana recovery skill for the 79 like larger mana pool or faster mp regen something because our mana get empty very quick.
  • shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oh yea,arent archers supposed to be the strongest DDs since they always steal aggro in fbs and stuffb:question

still archer is the best dd in longer time.
    Every mage class can steal the agro with lucky crits... Agro steal != u are better dd.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im not noob in pvp, i know dmg is nerfed but still very high and theres many way to play psychic in pvp, about spamming skill i gotta agree with you it cause much aggro, if u scared about aggro just dont use black voodoo or even use the white one or stay ready to use will of psychic that immune to physical damage, 79 skill comming up a class cant not have 79 skill so im pretty sure devloppers will implement that sooner or later, and about the weapon i think the soulsphere add on are pretty wise and satified me so far.
    but thats a personal choice its like going the ashura sign path on wizz and im pretty sure more stuff comming up, its a brand new class, they cant implemant everything at same time, i just expect a mana recovery skill for the 79 like larger mana pool or faster mp regen something because our mana get empty very quick.

It seems like your psychic class is the master in pvp and best DD in pve. Yeah, add a mana regen ability to this already overpowered class so that it will be truly overpowered.

GG PWI, mages are history.b:laugh
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    high spike dmg true but again i steal aggro from archer b:shocked

p.s. i have 6% crit dont forget, other psy might not have that much too !

ACtually FYI, if I spammed skills just like you do, I would pull aggro too. yeah, we do not have any buffs to our damage till later, But once we have it, we could do as well as you do, or even exceed that.

But what am I talking about.. Mages are history... psychics are the best overpowered class now, Best DD and pvp class ever in PWI. b:victory
  • shadowvzs87
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It seems like your psychic class is the master in pvp and best DD in pve. Yeah, add a mana regen ability to this already overpowered class so that it will be truly overpowered.

GG PWI, mages are history.b:laugh

wizzard never was the best dd, archer was, and still he is with 40%+crit at high lv and fast attack speed and with -16-20%hp.
    But ok,phys then 2nd .
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wizzard never was the best dd, archer was, and still he is with 40%+crit at high lv and fast attack speed and with -16-20%hp.
    But ok,phys then 2nd .

Well..

If we are allowed to nuke at the same time as the archer, with undine strike... we would be pulling aggro.

You aren't the best DD if you cannot shoot all the time too, or perhaps pulling aggro is your cup of tea?b:chuckle
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well..

If we are allowed to nuke at the same time as the archer, with undine strike... we would be pulling aggro.

You aren't the best DD if you cannot shoot all the time too, or perhaps pulling aggro is your cup of tea?b:chuckle

i said dont speak about 79 skill since psy dont have any79 skill yet so u dont know what we would be able to do and undine strike add dmg for the psy as well, but one thing we cant beat is the archer sharpened tooth arrow. trully awesome for uber hp whipe on high hp boss but for the rest i gotta compare
    but in the 60's DD ability psy vs wizz = win for psy. btw in TT its very rare u steal aggro from barb or herc so stop with the 'aggro stealing' theres place u can go all out without worry about the aggro .

edit : also it depend on the psychic player and wizard player, since most of the actually 60+ psy did used oracle a lot of them are noob.
  • XEnchantorX - Sanctuary
    XEnchantorX - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    r u guys also 4getting that the sin/psy sage demon books arnt out yet and sage black ice dragon is the 2nd highest hitting skill in the game so untill the sage demon books come of 4 the t.borns then wizzard's r the keepers even though i droped mine 4 my psy. O and if it takes 4 venos 2 hold my lv10 db on EvoultionX then mages r top.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    r u guys also 4getting that the sin/psy sage demon books arnt out yet and sage black ice dragon is the 2nd highest hitting skill in the game so untill the sage demon books come of 4 the t.borns then wizzard's r the keepers even though i droped mine 4 my psy. O and if it takes 4 venos 2 hold my lv10 db on EvoultionX then mages r top.

since no psy is high enough to use sage demon skill yet u cant simply compare so u cant say wizzy are dmg keeper.

compare at lower lvl then come back.
  • shadowvzs87
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well..

still with ur udine (what again need casting time if short time too but need) + i can steal back easily with 3rd fury, facts in longer term archer dmg>than wizz, in shorter term wizz dmg>ea (~15sec) this is why u can steal but you cant keep the agroo too.

about stuffs, when bm do heavenly dragon,or any -pdef genie skill than or veno do 0pdef with 89 hell skill the strongest agro stealer is archer cause fast shoots. (about nuke, me too stoled from higher barb with 91-92 and xbow+2 archer with 113k crit in bh89 and 2nd normal hit was 64k and i died after that, really worth XD)
    since no psy is high enough to use sage demon skill yet u cant simply compare so u cant say wizzy are dmg keeper.

compare at lower lvl then come back.

i agree, the books(+dmg+effect) and 3rd spark change alot.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

whats the hardest hitting skill in the game? As far as i know, nothing beats sage BIDS.
  • Yllarius - Heavens Tear
    Yllarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah, but Psy's get Red Tide.

Whose seen the stats on redtide? Base damage + 110% + something + Bleed = soulforce.

At 90 with no refines, just calculating bleed damage. (50 * 90) + (90^2) = 12600

12600/3 (# of ticks in 9 secs) = 4200. I dunno about you, but that just wiped the floor with any skill a wizard has. At level one, it's got a 58% chance to hit, so it's not definate, I'll give you that. But if it does go off, any mobs are almost guarenteed death.

Also, before you comment about aggro. Red tide - White Voodoo - Empowered Vigor. Since White Voodoo doesn't effect DoTs, we just wait it out while we pot/cleric heal.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    whats the hardest hitting skill in the game? As far as i know, nothing beats sage BIDS.

armageddon does when maxed when fired from a vit build barb

and it can zerk+crit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • matzos
    matzos Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wizz are not terrified by psychics
    as we all know..wizz are one of the classes which are most likely to be killed in pvp until they reach lvl 80-90
    after lvl 90, there is little likely to see a wizz pkied by another class...they become one of the most powerfull classes, maybe even the most powerful one..
    they can 2-3 shot 15000 HP barbs without being hit
    :) watch xulin or nurfed on youtube while playing in TW and you'll see what i'[m talking about :)
    b:victory
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    armageddon does when maxed when fired from a vit build barb

and it can zerk+crit

if you get hit by an armagedon you are an idiot......unless its a ninja arma, i will excuse you >_>

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i said dont speak about 79 skill since psy dont have any79 skill yet so u dont know what we would be able to do and undine strike add dmg for the psy as well, but one thing we cant beat is the archer sharpened tooth arrow. trully awesome for uber hp whipe on high hp boss but for the rest i gotta compare
    but in the 60's DD ability psy vs wizz = win for psy. btw in TT its very rare u steal aggro from barb or herc so stop with the 'aggro stealing' theres place u can go all out without worry about the aggro .

edit : also it depend on the psychic player and wizard player, since most of the actually 60+ psy did used oracle a lot of them are noob.

See .. the fact is, I have compared damage between a Psy and mage of equivalent levels and equivalent gears.

The Psy has even slightly Matk range, but has failed to pull ahead in damage.

The only unfair condition would be the psy is using a 2 star orb with 2 sockets + 3.

But then again, with slightly higher Matk should be doing more damage than by LA mage, right? Wrong. The lower level skills failed to hit harder even though they are maxed.

And they are the only long range spells I have on the psy and are both capped at 100% weapon damage.

If I use black vodoo, the damage of course will belongs to Psy as the winner. But do remember, to be fair in testing, there shouldn't be any buffs at all.

Currently as of now, Psys are owning all classes, is there a need for a mana regen buff or lvl 79 skills at all?

For mana regen, you can always take up apothecary for focus powder and I'm sure as hell you know that, but too lazy to do it and wants it on a silver platter?

For aggro, you used the word 'rare', therefore, if we take the meaning of that word literally, it still happens when certain conditions are met. My role as DD is to assist attack on mobs, get it done safely and move on.

Perhaps I'm always on the careful side, so I have yet to pull aggro to show everyone i'm a nub.

Yeah whatever... psychics rules right?
  • matzos
    matzos Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it's not all about the rate of damage it is about the style and technique of playing the game..wizz have lots of other stuff which help them a lot..distance shrink, gush and pyrogram...which are casted immediatley after 89 whether they choose deamon or sage...
    also, the ultimates and debuffs are amazing in pvp and in team mode also..
    you cannot talk about who is the best comparing only the damage...you have to take into account all the other elements too...a wizz who knows how to play the game, and has more than lvl 90, is unbeatable by any other class
    b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if you get hit by an armagedon you are an idiot......unless its a ninja arma, i will excuse you >_>

my point is that is hits harder...care to dispute this? or will you spout irrelevent comments about how fail everyone else is?

and ya its easy to dodge with any kind of blink skill

unless they stun you firstb:chuckle

at matzos that goes for...every....single...class *facepalm* if you invest and know your class inside out your virtually unstopable

but ya...i see 9x wizzies dead in sp rather often
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    still with ur udine (what again need casting time if short time too but need) + i can steal back easily with 3rd fury, facts in longer term archer dmg>than wizz, in shorter term wizz dmg>ea (~15sec) this is why u can steal but you cant keep the agroo too.

about stuffs, when bm do heavenly dragon,or any -pdef genie skill than or veno do 0pdef with 89 hell skill the strongest agro stealer is archer cause fast shoots. (about nuke, me too stoled from higher barb with 91-92 and xbow+2 archer with 113k crit in bh89 and 2nd normal hit was 64k and i died after that, really worth XD)

i agree, the books(+dmg+effect) and 3rd spark change alot.

hey shadow, you have been hearing undine strikes + sutra... but do you realise mages have sparks too?

113k of crit... wow that's high... wanna read mages forums on how high we can do ?

Yeah.. you STA rules... Perhaps mages should be re-classed to Psys coz perhaps, mages are the most useless cannons around?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hey shadow, you have been hearing undine strikes + sutra... but do you realise mages have sparks too?

113k of crit... wow that's high... wanna read mages forums on how high we can do ?

Yeah.. you STA rules... Perhaps mages should be re-classed to Psys coz perhaps, mages are the most useless cannons around?

Again, this is like comparing a twelve year old black belt to Jackie Chan. All psychics can do is speculate on the damage they will do at higher levels. You have no higher level skills, your weapon choices are limited, and less than a handful of oracle-using players have made it to 70+. Wizards have been rocking the scene since the beginning; therefore, we have a pretty good idea of how they are going to be bulldozing things down when it comes to damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PureIove - Harshlands
    PureIove - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    matzos wrote: »
    it's not all about the rate of damage it is about the style and technique of playing the game..wizz have lots of other stuff which help them a lot..distance shrink, gush and pyrogram...which are casted immediatley after 89 whether they choose deamon or sage...
    also, the ultimates and debuffs are amazing in pvp and in team mode also..
    you cannot talk about who is the best comparing only the damage...you have to take into account all the other elements too...a wizz who knows how to play the game, and has more than lvl 90, is unbeatable by any other class

im sorry but yet again u are wrong my bf and I decided to reroll as psychic and assasin.. he is currently lvl 81 and has been killing lvl 90+ wiz.... uncharmed of course the stealth skill is rather OP cuz at lvl 80 no other class can see u while in stealth mode.b:chuckle

and he has recently beaten a lvl 101 wiz in a duel... remember of course that while u obtain lvl 80 as an assasin lvls 80+ will no longer be able to target u in stealth mode
    edited December 2009
    Options
    See .. the fact is, I have compared damage between a Psy and mage of equivalent levels and equivalent gears.

The Psy has even slightly Matk range, but has failed to pull ahead in damage.

The only unfair condition would be the psy is using a 2 star orb with 2 sockets + 3.

But then again, with slightly higher Matk should be doing more damage than by LA mage, right? Wrong. The lower level skills failed to hit harder even though they are maxed.

And they are the only long range spells I have on the psy and are both capped at 100% weapon damage.

If I use black vodoo, the damage of course will belongs to Psy as the winner. But do remember, to be fair in testing, there shouldn't be any buffs at all.

Currently as of now, Psys are owning all classes, is there a need for a mana regen buff or lvl 79 skills at all?

For mana regen, you can always take up apothecary for focus powder and I'm sure as hell you know that, but too lazy to do it and wants it on a silver platter?

For aggro, you used the word 'rare', therefore, if we take the meaning of that word literally, it still happens when certain conditions are met. My role as DD is to assist attack on mobs, get it done safely and move on.

Perhaps I'm always on the careful side, so I have yet to pull aggro to show everyone i'm a nub.

Yeah whatever... psychics rules right?

u just said it black voodoo make the attack stronger and its a lvl 9 buff so its fair using it, since in party u shouldnt get hit or its easy to switch for white if u steal aggro.

about the focus powder i made i **** load of them, and them i made a **** load of the lvl 60 one's altough im still in need for some more serpentine herb to makes more but it not help much in combat, only things i wait is to reach 75 so i can use herb yuanxiao.

ever stole aggro from a barb your lvl in TT (smart barb) thats why i said rare

you basing your comparison when only 2 skill is maxed wait for more

last thing im not saying psy are the new best class im saying they casn easy out DD a wizzard ( still need some test past 79 and 89) for the rest it will depend on user and the gear.

what we cant beat: sutra morning dew spam, we cant really save the squad if something goes bad but we can sightly help the cleric, and wizzy will be able to DD more longer without wasting money like psy will from mp.

funny thing, a lvl 100 bm of my server allowed me to cast soulburn on him while hes fisting a guard, not sure of hes attack speed but its damn freakin scary XD ( like pepepepepeppewpepepepepepew) he even used demon spark
    not sure how much hp he got but every attack was doing about 400 dmg and hes hp dropped by 60% in 5 sec XD, so psy when u see somone fistng a guard sneak them a soulburn XD
  • shadowvzs87
    edited December 2009
    Options

yea, i heard and since i got the lv79 skills i use it too, same i use my archer too,this is why i said, i tryed and i dont to air from a class what i dont have, about crit(i beat too that was normal crit and u hit that fast that hits like ea with normal shoot), i meant exactly that, u do a high crit and u died or u **** up the boss killing,awasome, i am not a big man if i still the agro. (sutra cooldown enough long and if u used spark for that u must wait again till u can do spark burst), overall ea win like dd in hh, this is fact, u can do how many udine/spark/sutra you want.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im sorry but yet again u are wrong my bf and I decided to reroll as psychic and assasin.. he is currently lvl 81 and has been killing lvl 90+ wiz.... uncharmed of course the stealth skill is rather OP cuz at lvl 80 no other class can see u while in stealth mode.b:chuckle

and he has recently beaten a lvl 101 wiz in a duel... remember of course that while u obtain lvl 80 as an assasin lvls 80+ will no longer be able to target u in stealth mode

Uhh...wizards do not have high...shall I say...physical defense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Uhh...wizards do not have high...shall I say...physical defense?

You are right in that aspect. But a Robe mage at that lvl should hit at least 9k of Pdef with robes, with stone shield.

The problem is stealth and combination of stuns that Sins can deal out. If you happen to shrink away, the sin can still teleport and stun you again. How overpowered is that?

And that is not even considering that there are no sage/demon skills for this class yet.

With 15 mp regen, you can be invisible all the time.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Again, this is like comparing a twelve year old black belt to Jackie Chan. All psychics can do is speculate on the damage they will do at higher levels. You have no higher level skills, your weapon choices are limited, and less than a handful of oracle-using players have made it to 70+. Wizards have been rocking the scene since the beginning; therefore, we have a pretty good idea of how they are going to be bulldozing things down when it comes to damage.

Actually, it's not speculation, read on their pvp thread and read ecatomb for their skills description....

When this skills combine, it makes them overpowered enough to one or 2 shot someone because of a reflect their soul force did.

They suffer damage with bulk negated by white voodoo and reflect back a damage equal to their soul force. Imagine a 8k soul force reflected at you, can I say, you are at least 90% or dead at that point?

It's about how easy they can kill you off without even casting a damage spell at you.

If you give them mana regen skills, hell we will never win against them since their cast time can even be lowered further by genie and a skill and smart ones will stack - channeling gears too.

How are you gonna beat that speed, can my sutra / Fow beat that speed? Probably but high chance it won't and the next thing you know, you are stunned and nukes will follow.

Yes, we have better resistance to their spells, but if we have earth up, they will use water and vice versa.
    Unless you can tell me there's a way to negate that hell of a speed for casting. Because the way I see it.... it's over within 5 secs the duel started.