Only the Snowman featured this year! Living Snowmen NOT ingame!

Options

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    why **** and moan just because they arent making it excactly like last year..... we all biitch and whine for CHANGE and different things...and now sumthing is NOT THE SAME as last year and its a big crisis.....

It is exactly like last year... Except, that they only reimplemented (?on usage of words) the snowmen, and not the actual event itself. No one is QQing about not making the event like last year. People are complaining about the lack of a proper event.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well with some people being disappointed about the lack of a xmas event, I was thinking should we let the GMs give us the same Xmas event in January?
    It feels like the Xmas event is was the only non-cash shop event they ever had. It'll also give them a chance to give us the new and old Xmas outfits.

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/091224/10021261622659780.jpg
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/091224/10021261622660202.jpg

Edit: Forgot to check the Poll button. Feel like a idiot, Sorry. Anyway to add a Poll now?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh but nvm eventz gaiz packs are back, more money nao pl0z! :D

I dunno, pw has a very strange way of running a business. =/ There's no real attempt to make the game awesome and keep players happy... it's purely a profit on top priority.

It's basically just...

Step 1. Start with perfect game, stable economy that everyone loves, draw in massive player base and keep them happy.
    2. Gradually introduce cash shop sales to get player base used to the idea.
    3. Spam cash shop sales.
    4. Take note that players are unhappy but addicted enough to have not quit. Drop one or two false promises, a bug fix.
    5. Panic at "that game". Drop two jj, 1m cube boxes and anniversary packs in a last ditch money attempt. D:
    6. Realize you still have a player base. O.o Also realize Anniversary packs are making you filthy rich. Pretend to remove packs to keep players happy.
    7. Re-Introduce packs with extremely vauge end-date and push it to it's limit. Panic as players actually do quit and butter them up with spam exp and drop events. Eventually remove packs.
    8. Rofl just kidding. Damn packs are awesome!!1 Introduce about 50 different types of packs, every rare fashion and mount and aerogear and put a sale on everything.
    8. Introduce amazing expansion, use it to lure in massive player base as with step 1, stabilize economy and fix a few bugs, introduce new server.
    9. Become greedy and skip to second part of step 5. Unveil Oracle sale and pump the new server for every scrap of money you can.
    10. Introduce Warsoul Pa.... uh...you didn't see that. b:shocked
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why is everyone complaining about the xmas event??? they gave us snowmen and a new expansion....why **** and moan just because they arent making it excactly like last year..... we all biitch and whine for CHANGE and different things...and now sumthing is NOT THE SAME as last year and its a big crisis.....

thank you for the snowmen .... and thank you for all the other random stuff....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

curse words are unnecessary.

we QQ about **** because its stupid things that can easily be avoided. Little incomplete projects that shouldve been worked out, and not just slapped together.

For a company that makes millions of dollars, and with such a large variety of games, I would really expect them to release 'complete events'. Meaning, the NPC's work, the quests work. Its not that hard. I understand they were working on the expansion, and thats all fine and dandy. But they knew Christmas was coming. Why didnt they work out the fine details ahead of time? Its not like it was "OMG Christmas is here!!! /faceroll"

Fail Dev's are fail dev's. And fail Management is fail management. They would gain a lot more respect if they came out and said, "Hey guys, we screwed up. We were more focused on the expansion than we were a Christmas event, and we are sorry to disappoint our loyal customers and player base".

I swear, the only one who works his butt off and gets things dont all the way is eatswithspoons. He works on Twitter, Facebook, the Blog, and this forum/website, and if he cant get it done in time, or if he is late, he lets us know, 'hey guys, sorry, something came up, be patient with me, ok?'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    129061728841079711.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Not a clue. Was hoping Chicken would have answered that by now. My best guess? NPC them.

read my thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=562402
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    OK OK im saying it would a damn cool idea and would be fun for everyone to have a good xmas event.....

@Ceshiari...EVERYTHING u said just sounds like sumone whining....and all i pretty much heard was this "OMG ITS XMAS the video game im playing BETTER gimme free stuff and xtra stuff to do, or else this game and the devs SUCK"

Why is EVERYONE think they are OWED a xmas event and that its PART of the game...

be happy with what u get, its only a game and yes *ANNNNNYYY* and all events they dont HAVE to do for ANYONE but they do sumtimes so be happy. I cant believe people are whining so much that the game they play IS NOT giving them free shiit for xmas....that is NOT there job whatsoever....yes i agree it would have been nice to have a fun xmas event like last year....but who the hell said they OWED u , or HAD to give u ANY type of xmas event....its just soooo sad that people are that selfish to think a video game EVER OWES them ANYTHING.
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    OK OK im saying it would a damn cool idea and would be fun for everyone to have a good xmas event.....

@Ceshiari...EVERYTHING u said just sounds like sumone whining....and all i pretty much heard was this "OMG ITS XMAS the video game im playing BETTER gimme free stuff and xtra stuff to do, or else this game and the devs SUCK"

Why is EVERYONE think they are OWED a xmas event and that its PART of the game...

be happy with what u get, its only a game and yes *ANNNNNYYY* and all events they dont HAVE to do for ANYONE but they do sumtimes so be happy. I cant believe people are whining so much that the game they play IS NOT giving them free shiit for xmas....that is NOT there job whatsoever....yes i agree it would have been nice to have a fun xmas event like last year....but who the hell said they OWED u , or HAD to give u ANY type of xmas event....its just soooo sad that people are that selfish to think a video game EVER OWES them ANYTHING.

I think someone needs to calm down lol b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    129061728841079711.jpg

lol! thats great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

who's complaining? And who said they owed us?? Never saw that. Oh and the reason they don't is pure greed and laziness. All other versions of pw got full Christmas events... Try doin some research so u know what ur taking about. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That was harsh. Sorry lol just disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i totally agree with you. my kids and i have waited all year to get to take part in the Christmas event as it was last year. we were too low level to get to then, but to have this halfbaked, useless one is crushing, on top of all the glitches and other heartbreakes lately.

this game is no longer the beautiful, wonderful place it was last year.

I gotta admit, pretty fail. Spent more time focusing on massive cash shop sale.

You should have just made it snow and left it at that.

But whatever.....

Btw, I dont read chinese. New Year fireworks could say "White men burn in hell" or "Your mom is a tramp" and I clap my hands and stare in awe at the pwetty fireworks.

I remember last year, GM's were saying it was being 'worked on'.

You guys start a lot of projects and leave them unfinished dontcha? I sense lack of management and no deadlines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited December 2009
    Options
    LOL @ Aelric... ur tellin me to do sum research....

why dont u do your research....even tho i THOUGHT it was common sense...but all the OTHER PWs ARE NOT PWi.....there people go again at comparing this game to ANYTHING else....

thats like saying "waaaahhhhh my brother got a "better" xmas present from santa that i did"....

ya MAYBE im being a little extreme and maybe i DO needa calm down...but everyone sees xmas as a day to get sum free stuff ... and guess what they did give us free stuff (snowmen, expansion, etc.) BUT OH wait its not like last year ... its not like the OTHER PWs.....lol u would do the world a lot more good to go cry a river sumwhere, then on here....

everyone is OBVIOUSLY missing my point......so here it is in PLAIN terms....

BE grateful for what you GET/HAVE this xmas....and not cry and whine about what Joe blow across the street got, and what u DIDN'T get....

they NEVER put any announcement saying there was going to be ANY kind of xmas event this year (aside from the sales).....so why just EXPECT it from them.....its so sad that sum people are turning xmas into a big QQ event over "wahhhhh the video game i play didnt get me what i wanted for xmas..wahhhhhh""

JUST ENJOY the game and what they DID give...or GTFO....that simple
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options

Sounds like your the one upset, there buddy. I was calmly stating facts. Everyone can admit, that the Dev's of the NA division of the PWI sector of PWE sucks at completing projects. And that most of the GM's, even though we love them, suck at communicating with their player base.

And yes, yes they DO owe us events. Why? Because thats what I, as a zen charger, pay them for. I EXPECT (complete) events once in awhile. Thats why I pay to play MMO's b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just managed to get a hold of Kantorek who comfirmed that the Living Snowmen have not been implemented in this years Christmas event.

Sorry for the confusion everyone and happy Christmas!

EDIT: Actually there is no Xmas event as such just the Snowmen nothing else.

Noooooooooo b:angryb:cry
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sounds like your the one upset, there buddy. I was calmly stating facts. Everyone can admit, that the Dev's of the NA division of the PWI sector of PWE sucks at completing projects. And that most of the GM's, even though we love them, suck at communicating with their player base.

And yes, yes they DO owe us events. Why? Because thats what I, as a zen charger, pay them for. I EXPECT (complete) events once in awhile. Thats why I pay to play MMO's b:beatup

Funny in PWI I feel like NA is getting ripped off, like most games I want to play. Now that I think about it, the packs have made a lot of cash for PWI, Why is it that they cant somehow use that money to give us the one and only good event they ever had. I also want to point out that, them not putting a Xmas event in the game almost feels like they just dont care about the game anymore. Like its been pointed out, other versions get a full event while the snowmen we got arent even called a Xmas event.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:sad
    me has collected all cards
    15-21
    b:surrender
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol sorry no....ur paying for pixels....not events...sorry but i never saw a "buy this event" option in the cash shop. AND ya i would agree with u if this game was pay to play but sorry its not..this is a FREE game...and u spending money on it is completly up to u. And yup i am a lil upset...to see SOOO many people crying that the free things they give arent GOOD ENOUGH for them. SO sorry then Cesh, if u dont like it then dont GTFO...just stop charging zen....

so sadly i HAVE to say it again....NOOOOO video game OWES u ANYTHING...shiiiitttt....even ur parents dont OWE u anything...and if u TRUELY believe that ANYONE owes u ANYTHING then uve obviously never gone out into the world

edit: WOOOWWW and its still going on....well if this is how u guys wanna spend ur xmas...complaining about the LACK OF FREE STUFF....then have fun beeing a whiny biitch....im gonna go enjoy what I DO have...because this thread is obviously full of little kids who think evrything in this world is free....and THEN SOME , cuz all the free stuff u get isnt good enough.....ANYONE who said the OWE u a xmas event..OBVIOUSLY has never worked hard for anything they ever got in their life.

Merry christmas everyone ENJOY the holidays and this wonderful game!! ;)
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol sorry no....ur paying for pixels....not events...sorry but i never saw a "buy this event" option in the cash shop. AND ya i would agree with u if this game was pay to play but sorry its not..this is a FREE game...and u spending money on it is completly up to u. And yup i am a lil upset...to see SOOO many people crying that the free things they give arent GOOD ENOUGH for them. SO sorry then Cesh, if u dont like it then dont GTFO...just stop charging zen....

so sadly i HAVE to say it again....NOOOOO video game OWES u ANYTHING...shiiiitttt....even ur parents dont OWE u anything...and if u TRUELY believe that ANYONE owes u ANYTHING then uve obviously never gone out into the world

Well, the same logic you want to present can be turned around. This isnt JUST free to play, who do you think pays for this game? And the Dev's paycheck, GM's paycheck, and the publicity? Zen chargers like myself. And that makes us the customers. And the customers want COMPLETE events.

Your argument is dry and lifeless, your doing nothing but beating a dead horse. Admit defeat and move on to attempt to troll another thread. And take a xanax before you do it, Ive got 911 on speed dial just in case you have a stroke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raidenderby
    raidenderby Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    more upset of the mismangement of this game, if thier was not enough time for xmas event then tideborn should of been pushed back after christmas. at moment they have put in snowmen with several half implemented and broken quests from last year, making this game look like its run by university students that have no business sense or management.

if thier not enough time to remove those half implemented xmas quests then the snow and snowmen should never of been put into the game this year and everyone should of been told that tideborn was chosen to be brouaght out instead of xmas event
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yep. Our Gms have been a real letdown sometimes, but they have also been amazing other times. They just need to get with the picture and understand that they HAVE TO tell us what is going on in the game and make OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS (havent seen anything in that special forum section for announcements in a long time...). Also we do expect events, because that is the norm for any online games, and we definetly expect to recieve everything the main chinese company gives to them, since they don't have to do any of the work themselves. There needs to be less cash shop "events," which arent events at all, and more of these free, fun events. They can still make money off these events by offering something special if you pay, like last year, the christmas mount and perm christmas fashion was available through the CS, I thought that was perfect. What I'm getting from PWE as a company is that they have been corrupted from the fun-loving gamers that they were, to being completely obsessed with making more and more money. Maybe they could give us reasons for them needing more money, maybe there actually is a reason, but so far all I can come up with is greed.

Anyway its Christmas...

Merry Christmas to ALL PWers! Hope everyone has an awesome holiday!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    this might sound crazy but for XMAS what thjey shoulda done was give every ACTIVE account free 5 gold. ONE it would help people that cant afford or have anyway to get gold to try out catshop. and TWO it would make PWE a shiit ton of money by making a good amount of people "dependent" on the catshop... huh? watchu think.

GM's have answered this before. The answer was basically, their accounting department counts gold as money, regardless of how the gold comes into existence. Giving every account 5 gold would effectively be giving every account $5. If they have lets say 70,000 accounts, they would be looking at it as giving away $350,000.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Greetings everyone,

The reason why there was not a "full fledged" Christmas event this year is primarily due to the recent release of the Rising Tide expansion.

As something of a consolation, we thought our players would at least appreciate some snow as well as snowmen.

We assure you that there are some seasonal as well as other in-game events that are currently scheduled and slated to appear in the near future.

We hope everyone has a great holiday, and I assure you that 2010 is going to be an amazing year for PWI players. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings everyone,

The reason why there was not a "full fledged" Christmas event this year is primarily due to the recent release of the Rising Tide expansion.

As something of a consolation, we thought our players would at least appreciate some snow as well as snowmen.

We assure you that there are some seasonal as well as other in-game events that are currently scheduled and slated to appear in the near future.

We hope everyone has a great holiday, and I assure you that 2010 is going to be an amazing year for PWI players. :)

You're at work on christmas day/eve? b:shocked Merry christmas anyway. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Greetings everyone,

Who wants to bet these events start with anni and end in packsb:laugh

We want our christmas even not another cash shop event. You can shove ur promises.

*Man im so getting banned for this*
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This event rocked...I've probably killed 2 or 3 thousand snowman...Got 9/10 Genie and 30/30 Genie today thanks in part to this event :3 And half their stamina is filled too XD
  • Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Perhaps some people should recive small "holliday vacations" from game to cool down a little?

I am too think that after expansion PWi staff WAS NOT obligated to give us ANYTHING AT ALL when comes to this event... but of course even when someone turn on snow and snowmans giving us some free fuel for genies and flyers, some celestones... that fact was not in off to stop QQers.

And about PWi moneys... gouys do you really think that Chinese dves gives us patches for free?
    They have as well programing staff which MUST BE payd off and moneys for thier salary comes from publishers payments for patches and expansions.
    In other words, some income from sales remain as PWi staff salary, <i think> bigger part goes to devs as payment for patches and honestly i rather want to see MMO company at the green when comes to income bcause this will gives some sort of guarantee that staff will be able to maintain servers as struggling whit each dollar and risk that one day when i will try to log in i will see notice "Due our financial problems we are unable to continue provide our services and because of this we have no other choice as commencing shut down of all our servers".

Furthermore... many of you accused PWi for greed but i came here from game which right now is lamost unplayable because her staff was more focused on income form cash shop <permanent controlled by game staff by the way> as fixing sometimes two year old bugs and it is true that bugs are in PWi as well but i wonder if anyone can show me MMO without even a single bug present in game.

After reading such threads like this sometimes i really admire GMs and mods selfcontroll when comes to banhammer...
  • Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver
    Foxy_Liona - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You can call me a Ba'Humbug all you want but I think it is complete BS that they are so fast at bringing back the ANNIVERSARY packs to make their yacht money but not bring back the X-Mas events to make EVERYONE happy.. Just the snowman are coming, hooyah, bs, now we have catshops selling the dropped cards to unsuspecting soles that are paying up to 1 million coin for them that cant be used.. This isnt just a let down, this is a EPIC FAILURE OF CATACLYSMIC PERPORTIONS..

I would have to say that PWI has hit a alltime low on this one this year.. No wonder more people are switching over to *deleted due to rules of the forum*
    ANNIVERSARY:
    (noun)
    1. the yearly recurrence of the date of a past event:
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date.

BUT according to PWI:
    (money)
    1. the DAILY recurrence of the date of a past event.
    2. the celebration or commemoration of such a date that last 6 months.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Greetings everyone,

want an official answer to this:

was farming those christmas cards a waste of my time? and will there be SOMETHING to exchange them for? 5k xp even sounds good to me..

and, you mean we're gonna see actual work on the game and not just sale sale sale? there's a good deal of things that need to be fixed, I hope they get done sooner rather than later

anyways Merry Christmas. (I know that came across harsh, wasn't my intent)
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I swear, the only one who works his butt off and gets things dont all the way is eatswithspoons. He works on Twitter, Facebook, the Blog, and this forum/website, and if he cant get it done in time, or if he is late, he lets us know, 'hey guys, sorry, something came up, be patient with me, ok?'
    best part about spoons is, he's trustworthy and reliable. he DOES do his best to hold up to his words.
This discussion has been closed.