Kniraven's PvP/PvE Sword/Blade Blademaster Guide

Comments

• Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im not Kniraven but couldent you just stat for swords and get both the weapon paths?

just throwin that out thereb:surrender
    Oh i will eventually at higher levels. I already have stats for all three regardless; but i know i wont have spirit for all three.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    at current level no

later yes

id say max sword and pole mastery and pick and chose skills

pole>farstrike,meteor rush,winds if you like it

sword>atamos,myriad,spirit chaser if you have extra spirit

and of course max masteries
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Firstly, I am an axe Bm as my primary path. I am deciding between pole and swords for my second path because i dont want to restat for fists. They both have an extra ranged attack, and pole has an extra aoe, but poles 59 spell is weak compared to myriad. Do you think i would have enough spirit at around lvl 80 to have a second path yet? Did a tt run with you on my cleric and saw you used axes/swords so i was seeing how you liked them both and how they can complement one another.

Yes, so long as you're not feeding your spirit away to your genie you should have enough points to start leveling a second tree. I personally use all four paths with sword being my main.

Swords compliment Axes better than Poles in my opinion because you already have the better amp damage move from the axes and the pole tree's AoE is not quite as good.

Swords give you Myriad which has the highest direct damage of any BM move until level 100 (and the level 100 move is also a sword move). Aside from the great damage, Myriad also debuffs the opponent for longer than Dragons does and weakens their attack. This makes it easier for you, or the barb in your party to tank a boss or multiple mobs.

Swords and axes both have an extra ranged attack, though the pole one is better.

In PvP you can switch to swords inbetween stuns real quick to throw off an Atmos Strike which hits harder than any of the axe moves aside from HF and Myriad works better on wizards or clerics than Heavens Flame does in my opinion. It does more direct damage, and you shouldn't need amplified damage fom dragons to take out someone in arcane armor. Plus, the debuff makes you able to take the hits that the arcane users can dish out.

You can also use the swords in PvP to hit runners with Spirit Chaser.

In PvE you will have to decide depending on the situation whether you would rather Amplify Damage for 6 seconds with Dragons or cut your opponent/s' attack in half for 15 seconds with Myriad (at level 10 of both). Axes general AoE skills will be great for taking on multiple enemies at once still and swords will usually deal more direct damage to a single target than axes will.

Myriad = Better able to tank damage. Whether it be a boss, a load of mobs, PvP, or whatever. Also, it debuffs the opponent, not buffs you which means you're helping everyone in your party take a hit with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think swords will compliment me more as axes are hard to solo quest with on magic mobs as its so slow lol and all of the skills are aoe oriented with swords it will get more dmg per 1 target which i like and becomes faster with blade at 1.11 or dual sword at .91 aps. Will be looking for a nicely refined pair of shiros as i level up. thankies b:victory
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I think swords will compliment me more as axes are hard to solo quest with on magic mobs as its so slow lol and all of the skills are aoe oriented with swords it will get more dmg per 1 target which i like and becomes faster with blade at 1.11 or dual sword at .91 aps. Will be looking for a nicely refined pair of shiros as i level up. thankies b:victory

Shinro Twins are freaking amazing for grinding b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theninjaleader
    theninjaleader Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Shinro Twins are freaking amazing for grinding b:dirty

True that.
    I agree with most the guide, ought to be a sticky
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    b:thanks thank again ppl.
    True that.
    I agree with most the guide, ought to be a sticky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear
    Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:victoryBlade BM FTW XD
  • /Miho/ - Raging Tide
    /Miho/ - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thank you soo much! ^-^ b:pleased
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Kni - Please put a rush on the PvP genie guide. I am now doing my best to learn how to PK. And I lack a PvP genie.

Looking at true emptiness; but what else can i use for some good magic damage. I know some skills were nerf'd with genie update.

By the way I am having tons of fun Pk'n. b:victory

My biggest problem is I feel guilty about jumping people....but they sure have no problem jumping me...sigh.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear
    Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    mmmm blade BMs yummmmm, but yeh thnx for the guide >.> its awesome b:victory o yeh almost forgot, i admire anyone who has the patience to write a guide like this :o is cool
  • StormyKun - Lost City
    StormyKun - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Awesome guide Kniraven, its nice to see some other people think that swords are an awesome weapon as well. I'm from a private server and currently have a 110 sword bm, the only one on the serverb:surrender. Kinda sucks to be different lol, I aggree with leaving the alter marrows at mid lvls, i maxed mine and really regret when i get ganked in twsb:shocked. This guide should be stickied! People seem to be asking a lot (from the comments ive read anyway) which other weps work well. I use fists and poles as well, ive never actually laid my hands on axes seen as I'd rather stick with my high dex than swap for more strength. Fists are great and if I'm dragged along to tank bosses i use them and my usual endgame sword for the mobs/pvping fun at the end.

Someone sticky this guide!b:angry
    Stormy 110 Blademaster from Lostpw
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Kni - Please put a rush on the PvP genie guide. I am now doing my best to learn how to PK. And I lack a PvP genie.

Looking at true emptiness; but what else can i use for some good magic damage. I know some skills were nerf'd with genie update.

By the way I am having tons of fun Pk'n. b:victory

My biggest problem is I feel guilty about jumping people....but they sure have no problem jumping me...sigh.

Alright. Well what I can tell you right now is for PvP I am currently using a Str + Vit genie, and trying to add more vit to it. Both vit and str help true emptiness, though one that is more focused on strength will deal more damage with it. I am trying to get mine higher vit, because I added into the mix the move Bramble Rage. This move does some pretty awesome wood+earth damage, but takes a lot of energy. Like TE, it combos well with Heavens Flame and also it is an AoE. The drawback is that this move only works on the ground.

I have also taken note, that most all the magic damage moves are dex based (including bramble rage). Its frustrating since our hardest hitting genie move is strength based and so is Balance.

My genie uses True Emptiness, Bramble Rage, Blood Clot, and Cauterize (damn ye nixs).

If you have a high dex genie, you may wish to look into thunderstorm as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Alright. Well what I can tell you right now is for PvP I am currently using a Str + Vit genie, and trying to add more vit to it. Both vit and str help true emptiness, though one that is more focused on strength will deal more damage with it. I am trying to get mine higher vit, because I added into the mix the move Bramble Rage. This move does some pretty awesome wood+earth damage, but takes a lot of energy. Like TE, it combos well with Heavens Flame and also it is an AoE. The drawback is that this move only works on the ground.

I have also taken note, that most all the magic damage moves are dex based (including bramble rage). Its frustrating since our hardest hitting genie move is strength based and so is Balance.

My genie uses True Emptiness, Bramble Rage, Blood Clot, and Cauterize (damn ye nixs).

If you have a high dex genie, you may wish to look into thunderstorm as well.

Just to add on to Kniraven's post:
    TE pretty much solves all your air problems. I would also recommend Occult Ice, works great as an extra stun and plus stun and freeze stack so you can actually do a real stunlock where your opponent cant do anything
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thank both of you for replying. Sounds about what my research has turned up for me so far.

Appreciate the confirmation!! b:pleasedb:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Highest Direct Damage Skills a BM has.
    Better ability to tank when necessary than a Pole or Axe BM.
    Quick attack rate available for those that are too cheap to buy mana pots and who want chi faster.
    High evasion and Accuracy.
    An extra ranged attack.

dunno,...but when u say better than pole or axe bm to tank,... and like highest direct dmg skills,... isnt DPS of fisties way higher with dps,... coz isnt constantly hitting hard more important than hitting a spike now n than,... (exept pvp but i dont have experience with that,...)
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    should i get fist mastery lvl 10 for the use of Bolt of Tyreseus i have a 3*** lvl 72 fist with 2 additional phys dmg add ons and phys shard.... cant wear a better fist atm
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    should i get fist mastery lvl 10 for the use of Bolt of Tyreseus i have a 3*** lvl 72 fist with 2 additional phys dmg add ons and phys shard.... cant wear a better fist atm

If you're going to use fists then get fist mastery. If you're solely getting it for the use of bolt of tyreseus then don't, the damage of bolt really isn't that good. The only way I could see it comparing to an axe/pole/sword spike is if you used a zerk fist and even then I'm not sure how the damage would compare
  • shootingstarvn
    edited December 2009
    I am going to get the skill for the effect : ( dont use fist much , just for 1 skill rarely)

"in group PvP, use this to freeze your enemies in place while another pary member nukes them. Its good for keeping archers or wizards from moving at the last second. It also does a hefty sum of damage if you have decent fists. It does 250% base, which actually stacks with Spark."
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    rinuruc wrote: »
    dunno,...but when u say better than pole or axe bm to tank,... and like highest direct dmg skills,... isnt DPS of fisties way higher with dps,... coz isnt constantly hitting hard more important than hitting a spike now n than,... (exept pvp but i dont have experience with that,...)

Pole and axe are the worst weapons for tanking bosses. They can't keep aggro because of their low DPS and their ulti's further hinder their ability to keep aggro because they amp the damage of the archers and wizards in the party. That being said, a Barb is a superior tank either way.

Swords do have the highest direct damage skills, which has nothing to do with DPS.

If you're going to use fists then get fist mastery. If you're solely getting it for the use of bolt of tyreseus then don't, the damage of bolt really isn't that good. The only way I could see it comparing to an axe/pole/sword spike is if you used a zerk fist and even then I'm not sure how the damage would compare
    I am going to get the skill for the effect : ( dont use fist much , just for 1 skill rarely)

"in group PvP, use this to freeze your enemies in place while another pary member nukes them. Its good for keeping archers or wizards from moving at the last second. It also does a hefty sum of damage if you have decent fists. It does 250% base, which actually stacks with Spark."

Yeah if you want to see a big number pop up on your screen bolt is awesome. I wouldn't necessarily level up fist mastery solely for the purpose of using this move, but because it stacks with spark the damage can be pretty awesome. I use it more however for it's effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Pole and axe are the worst weapons for tanking bosses. They can't keep aggro because of their low DPS and their ulti's further hinder their ability to keep aggro because they amp the damage of the archers and wizards in the party. That being said, a Barb is a superior tank either way.

Swords do have the highest direct damage skills, which has nothing to do with DPS.

Yeah if you want to see a big number pop up on your screen bolt is awesome. I wouldn't necessarily level up fist mastery solely for the purpose of using this move, but because it stacks with spark the damage can be pretty awesome. I use it more however for it's effect.

Bolt does 260% of your base physical damage. Even with triple spark wouldn't that just mean 2.6 hits? That's less than a second of autoattacking while triple sparked. I guess it could work if they're running away?
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    True Emp creates the shield 100% of the time at level 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • shootingstarvn
    edited December 2009
    "Still experimenting with genies (Which is a pain in the **** because good genies are hard to come by and/or expensive)"

how much LP should the genie have to be good for use at lvl 60-70?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    "Still experimenting with genies (Which is a pain in the **** because good genies are hard to come by and/or expensive)"

I generally consider any genie with more than 50% the possible lucky points to be good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2010

until 9x anything with 41+ should be fine... to have a likely complete genie as bm u will need a 71+ one (so u can get all the skills)
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Bolt does 260% of your base physical damage. Even with triple spark wouldn't that just mean 2.6 hits? That's less than a second of autoattacking while triple sparked. I guess it could work if they're running away?

locks them in place so you can burn the rest of the spark deals all that damage in 1 spike so it can get around charms

its a massive aoe dealing a huge spike and locking all these targets in place with their total attack spead reduced to ****

channel and cast are both insanely short and the debuff on you is negatable via bolshi

can also be used as a "bridge" skill in a multi weapon stunlock
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    locks them in place so you can burn the rest of the spark deals all that damage in 1 spike so it can get around charms

its a massive aoe dealing a huge spike and locking all these targets in place with their total attack spead reduced to ****

channel and cast are both insanely short and the debuff on you is negatable via bolshi

can also be used as a "bridge" skill in a multi weapon stunlock

Yeah but first of all the reduction in attack speed is pointless unless you're fighting another fist bm. If you triple spark in PvP any smart opponent will know immediately to run. If you use bolt on them to just lock them in place a cleric will sleep you, a wiz will seal you, etc. Most caster classes will expel you or themselves immediately, plus if that's on cd or they don't have it an ironguard powder just means you wasted your sparks. Bolt is really not an adequate substitute for a stun after you've triple sparked, the only thing I can see it being good for is when they try to run away you can bolt and then follow up with a farstrike/drake's ray
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    doubles their channel time to ALL attack speed is **** under bolt unless a wizzie sutras >.<

thus spark pot bolshi to avoid debuffs that stop you from useing it

its a all or nothing tactic either you win big or dieb:chuckle

remember it can still be single spark casted for its effect

and expel has a CD too one that its normaly on due to stuns
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    doubles their channel time to ALL attack speed is **** under bolt unless a wizzie sutras >.<

thus spark pot bolshi to avoid debuffs that stop you from useing it

its a all or nothing tactic either you win big or dieb:chuckle

remember it can still be single spark casted for its effect

and expel has a CD too one that its normaly on due to stuns

It's a really bad idea to triple spark+spark pot+bolshi, personally I always save my pot for when i triple spark just in case I get expelled so I can soulcleanse. The thing is when you are fighting people with really good gear, you're not going to be able to kill them just with auto attack and a couple skills. You're gonna need extreme poison or a HF or something to get through their charm tick, so any smart opponent will save their pots for when they see you triple spark or HF. Considering how both expel and ironguard pots give them immunity to your damage, they have many options to completely stop your triple spark in its tracks if you give them the opportunity to.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    It's a really bad idea to triple spark+spark pot+bolshi, personally I always save my pot for when i triple spark just in case I get expelled so I can soulcleanse. The thing is when you are fighting people with really good gear, you're not going to be able to kill them just with auto attack and a couple skills. You're gonna need extreme poison or a HF or something to get through their charm tick, so any smart opponent will save their pots for when they see you triple spark or HF. Considering how both expel and ironguard pots give them immunity to your damage, they have many options to completely stop your triple spark in its tracks if you give them the opportunity to.

was pointing out the skills usages

yes sheild pots can be used to save your oponent but as i said that forces them into CD and hell spartk - int for 8 seconds of bolt = 40 hits at 4 chi a swing = 160 chi thats enough to start your stunlock loop again and rebuild chi so if they have pots they've been forced to use em and if they DONT their dead anyways (exe poison can be used in this combo to or cloud eruption + vac powder to make shure it works)

its realy one of the few times triplesparking would be viable for a bm
This discussion has been closed.