This is the assasin build.

Options

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm curious if anyone knows the amount of evasion an assassin gets per dex point. Awhile back I was goofing off with a pwcalc archer, and I had one up to 11k evasion with just the ...uh....white sparkle bird buff (rofl). Now I don't have any idea how much 11k would actually evade seeing as pwcalc doesn't say things like that, but I keep thinking that assassins would have mad evasion, and I'm wondering if a melee class could ever even hit one if it was built like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Craken - Harshlands
    Craken - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm curious if anyone knows the amount of evasion an assassin gets per dex point. Awhile back I was goofing off with a pwcalc archer, and I had one up to 11k evasion with just the ...uh....white sparkle bird buff (rofl). Now I don't have any idea how much 11k would actually evade seeing as pwcalc doesn't say things like that, but I keep thinking that assassins would have mad evasion, and I'm wondering if a melee class could ever even hit one if it was built like that.

Sins got same ammount of evasion and acc as archers per point of dex. It's bout 8 acc and 6 evasion if i'm not wrong.b:victory
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    One pot here and there...nothing extreme. i normally use them to speed up meditation.
  • Rahnyw - Sanctuary
    Rahnyw - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I could be wrong, but if i remember correctly, I read somewhere that invisibility ticks down by a % of MP not a fixed number. Adding more MP wouldn't have any effect then would it? I think the % was modded as you leveled the skill, but that was it. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Can't wait until my lvl 12 sin gets the ability.
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Invisibility skill consumes a certain number of MP per sec (atm 23 at lvl2) and u can cancel it or wait till your MP is 0 for it to auto-cancel. The more lvl the skill has the less MP per sec consumes.
  • CRYSTY_I - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_I - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i use 4 to dex and 1 str .1str for armour requirements.Sometimes i used all 5 points to dex. I CAN 1 HIT THE MOBS SAME LVL !! (of course not always, bcoz criticals are ..more lucky).LOL archers cant do this damage like a assassin ,im sure b:laughb:victory
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    anyone thought about equipping a bow until melee mobs come close? you pretty much deal as much ranged damage as an archer, at least early game.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Craken - Harshlands
    Craken - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Beah. I rolled a dex/vit build, but i'm not sure bout that so i'm making new sin with pure dex this time to compare which will better. Now I'm not sure bout those 13 hp per vit are worth to add in sin's build. Maybe the apothecary skill answer for that lack of hp.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    anyone thought about equipping a bow until melee mobs come close? you pretty much deal as much ranged damage as an archer, at least early game.

b:bored good idea!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye
    This build wont work well unless you got TT gear and some shards. Its not the best way to start out with, very similar to that of the full MAG cleric.

I currently have a tideborn and am going pure DEX for the moment (just cause i like pure builds) The dmg rate is good but i can say that its squishy as HELL. Currently im using charm, pots, and rare times i did have to use jiaozi HP food. I would hate to think if i had to run this on pots alone.

Putting in points for builds will differ greatly on lvl range, especially when the class is leaning toward the squishy side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bleh...I've try asking many people and the right build of assassin is not that archer build! you need vit and str too since assassin is melee fighter..not melee archer! they are fast and deadly... look at their skill is all melee btw!

I agree with some people down there saying vit and str also needed..and they are not a noob like what you say...7 dex 2 str 1 vit works good in my opinion....

but, if you want to keep your opinion keep it... let's see who is the good one later if there is high lvled assassin already...=_='
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Keep in mind that adding vit actually means you take MORE damage, not less, since you'll be doing less damage. It simply means that it takes more damage to kill you from full HP.

As for strength... I dunno. I'm sticking to a dex build at the moment, but I'm sorely tempted to slowly go to a 2str/3dex build for HA.

And yes, pure dex assassins are squishy as hell. They're like archers that don't get to kite. However, so far I've found that just popping a life powder is enough to take care of any healing needed for the next 10 minutes.
  • kokomoshi
    kokomoshi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i'd agree with needing str if this 'melee' class actually used it, i've come to find that dagger melee damage is influenced soly by dex and not str, making str pretty much useless, except for wearing gear

anyone thing about assassins as tanks? they would be worse then barb and bm for melee mobs and worse then wizards for magic mobs but i think if done right they might be abl eto tank everything sub-par ~ly? if u could.. u would deff need some VIT i think
  • Killahoe - Harshlands
    Killahoe - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Adding vit wont help you pve wise.

You will have to stack garnets in armour and use p.def belt and necklace.

I am going to do 1str - 4dex stack p.def as much as possible.

Pvp build on the other hand is gonna need a lot of testing.

I wouldnt suggest pvp untill 80+ , gonna cost a lot of coin to be competitive.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hmmm, this thread has made me reconsider. so the consensus is 4 dex/1 str is generally better than adding vit? I think I'll stop with the vit for now and see how life powders work for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This build wont work well unless you got TT gear and some shards. Its not the best way to start out with, very similar to that of the full MAG cleric.

I currently have a tideborn and am going pure DEX for the moment (just cause i like pure builds) The dmg rate is good but i can say that its squishy as HELL. Currently im using charm, pots, and rare times i did have to use jiaozi HP food. I would hate to think if i had to run this on pots alone.

Putting in points for builds will differ greatly on lvl range, especially when the class is leaning toward the squishy side.

oo~ that's so cute, big Decep's little alt is having trouble b:chuckle

what do you mean it's not the best way to start out with like full mag cleric? i thought you'd start with full mag as cleric because you want to deal the most damage without taking as many hits - same reason most wiz starts out full mag as well. the only reason you get vit later on is because you want to survive instances no?

i also dont think you're going to pot less just because you have vit, because you still take the same amount of damage. the 20s levels suck for any melee character, especially because this is about the first time you see social mobs, my bm has to pot and use hp powders as well. use those perfect pots that your other chars get from their stash (you did save those right? b:chuckle)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fenora - Sanctuary
    Fenora - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ninjas dont get hit duh!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oo~ that's so cute, big Decep's little alt is having trouble b:chuckle

what do you mean it's not the best way to start out with like full mag cleric? i thought you'd start with full mag as cleric because you want to deal the most damage without taking as many hits - same reason most wiz starts out full mag as well. the only reason you get vit later on is because you want to survive instances no?
    Nope, i actually survived lower lvls in cleric because i put in a whopping 20VIT, then added 0 from there so you can say my VIT actually decreased.
    i also dont think you're going to pot less just because you have vit, because you still take the same amount of damage. the 20s levels suck for any melee character, especially because this is about the first time you see social mobs, my bm has to pot and use hp powders as well. use those perfect pots that your other chars get from their stash (you did save those right? b:chuckle)
    my friend had 900+ HP as psychic at lv 18 while i had the same amount of 900+ HP as a lv29 pure dex assassin.... something wrong there. (and the psychic was doing as much dmg as wizzy too)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok strength does nothing for an assassin, Vitality is a total waste also.

9:1 is best.

5 Dex
    4 Dex 1 Str.

And repeat.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Killahoe - Harshlands
    Killahoe - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok strength does nothing for an assassin, Vitality is a total waste also.

9:1 is best.

5 Dex
    4 Dex 1 Str.

And repeat.

fail.

unless you like to grind naked.
  • _MangoFist_ - Sanctuary
    _MangoFist_ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yeah, you need 4 str more than your level to be able to wear LA b:bye
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    agreed with adding no vit
    people are just dumb lately and im surprised
    if you know anything about any mmorpg assassins (rogues) are crit bassed character and are generally squishy
    but the crit damage will be insane
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well my sin just hit 30 and i have been using the 1 str 4 dex each lvl build and has work out fine, i pot just as much as my bm or barb did, i don't die while leveling

no mob i have faced has been able to take out all of my hp before i kill it
    so adding vit will just lower my damage lol
    and as your damage is based of dex not str you only need enough str to wear light armor

so does anyone have any actually reasons why anyone should use a vit build at lower levels?
  • Therronn - Sanctuary
    Therronn - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't have a Pure Dex build, so I can't compare very well. However, Adding Vit into my build has certainly worked for me. Before level 27, I died once. No life powder, just Pots. I would recommend this build, simply because I found it to be effective.

At level 30, by Build is: Vit: 37 Mag: 6 Str: 34 Dex: 104

I must add, My main has been a Barbarian, and adding Vit is natural for me. The other Sins in my Faction seem to die far more then me.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol you recommend a vit build because you have only died once?
    under 30 i was only using pots nothing else and i didn't die with a pure build

so why cut your damage if you don't die with either build?
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i use pure build (4dex1str) and the only times ive died is when i'm being an r-tard for **** and giggles

i could solo fb19 mobs at lvl 20, so any other build is fail in my eyes b:bye
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the only time i died is when i wasnt paying attention cuz i was watching tv... vit is not needed for classes like assaassins. go pure dmg and kill the mobs faster then they can kill u. thats always my moto with these kinds of classes. leave the tanking to the BMs and barbs. and if u rly find that u are to "squishy" then start refining ur gear and puting garnet pdef shards in ur armor and stuff.

getting tired of hearing ppl QQ on my server saying "assassins suck there so squishy..." obviously there to use to there BMs and barbs and get all ***** when it comes to actually taking some dmg. instead of standing there QQing about it u should start doing something about it. the class is a DD class, its not ment to tank like a BM and barb can that is obvious.

ive gotten this far without the need for buffs and im pure dex build with no vit at all except from bonuses. so if i can do it the rest of u guys can do it. imo vit is only for the ppl that are afraid of actually taking dmg. and yet even some of the vit build sins i see running around are actually taking MORE or about the same dmg then i am taking because i kill the mobs faster then they can. so in my honest opinion, adding vit in ur build is useless cuz it does not help at all. u still take alot of dmg when mobs hit u and ur doing less dmg then u should do.
  • E/nY - Sanctuary
    E/nY - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm going to try pure DEX for mine. If it's too hard, I can always put more VIT at later level. But I do have a question whether pure DEX is 4 DEX 1 STR or 9 DEX 1 STR per 2 levels?

I agree. Pure dex all the way. As an archer your hp will come from armor. Lvls 1-60 should be the same as an archer. You kill so fast you should take few hits. Granted we lack range but 59(just speculation) we have alotta ways to disable a mob. we can rush in stun DD then sleep and ****. Just my two cents. And plus at this lvl with +2 gold 22 daggers my bleed does more damage then i do. 3xx per tick vs 2xx per hit. Worthless at this lvl? I think not. And seems like people dont understand...+30% crit? not much? gotta be kiddin me. Lets say by 90 you have what 22-25%+? Thats 50%+. Not much? pft imo thats a bit oped considering its a 30sec buff with only 30 cd with no crit buff on(60sec cd total).
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    w8, which skill gives 30% crit rate at max? or do u mean 30% crit dmg from the wolf emblem skill?
This discussion has been closed.