edited December 2011 in Assassin
4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye
Post edited by Teehee - Harshlands on

Comments

• Matashi - Lost City
    Matashi - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

straight up ninja homes!!b:victory
    As an assassin you learn the true meaning of the letters S.A.S. : SPEED, AGGRESSION, SURPRISE....
    those are the three rules that must never be forgotten by an assassin....
  • WizzyKris - Sanctuary
    WizzyKris - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    soloing is gonna be such a hassel coz we are going to take so much damage
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no not really.....the best build would be 1vit 7dex 2str every 2 lvls cause ur assassins gonna be squishy and if u dont beleive me lvl up ur assasin and see how easily u run through HP pots and die =P
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear_1313879320
    edited December 2009
    Options
    1 str to 4 dex is squishy even though your LA, i hate it im re-rolling fist BM b:bye
    DrMelvin: Level 90 Cleric > Retired
    MrMelvin: Level 8X British Wizard > Active And Owning

b:victory

For Corn: One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them b:shocked (That should be your sig dude!)
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no not really.....the best build would be 1vit 7dex 2str every 2 lvls cause ur assassins gonna be squishy and if u dont beleive me lvl up ur assasin and see how easily u run through HP pots and die =P
    I'm only level 21, but this is my build and I'm still using hp pots like crazy. I can't imagine what it would be like without the little vit that I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Keep in mind that vit increases your survivability, at the expense of damage. The problem is, the less damage you do, the longer it takes to kill something, and thus, the more damage you TAKE.

A pure dex build will generally take LESS damage than a vit build, not more.
  • SeimeiKaika - Sanctuary
    SeimeiKaika - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lawl, heres another 'anything else and you fail build' thread. way to go for narrowmindedness
  • trinadangg
    trinadangg Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Keep in mind that vit increases your survivability, at the expense of damage. The problem is, the less damage you do, the longer it takes to kill something, and thus, the more damage you TAKE.

QFT
    10char
  • Teehee - Harshlands
    Teehee - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lawl, heres another 'anything else and you fail build' thread. way to go for narrowmindedness

This is for your benefit. Ignore are your own peril. I can almost 100% guarantee ur gonna regret it endgame if you get that far.

As for the narrowmindedness, maybe your just narrowminded thinking that everyone who doesn't let anyone disagree with them is narrowminded. *bltch slap*

Edit: as for worrying about low health and scariness of it all. Your an assasin, and even if you went all vit ud be dying all the time. This is why assasin (like wizards) are for pro people who know what they are doing. There is lots of dying and lots of patience involved. Trying to lessen the pain of constantly bieng ***** in the **** will only increase the pain even more.
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I don't think you read the description of the assassin character when you created one or I think you'd have a different opinion.

Melee combatants who move fast & can deal the most damage of any class when in Critical Hit Form sound more like a BM build to me than archer build.

I think PWI guided us correctly & I'd rather trust their words than yours. TYVM.
  • sintillating
    sintillating Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

A pure dex build will also get you killed in one or two shots like lots pure builds. What's the use of damage if you can't use it then?
  • Crimson_MM - Dreamweaver
    Crimson_MM - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont think it will work out well on RBs,bosses and stuff like that cus when i had low life and had strong damage i die easily with a good cleric.....so u still need vit on sins build if not then citrine shards on equipments but a waste of money for low lvls
  • Johnny_Depth - Dreamweaver
    Johnny_Depth - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    almost 100% guarantee ur gonna regret it endgame if you get that far.

LOL..so you'll give me less than 100% of my money back? Is that it? b:chuckle.

There is going to be scenarios where a certain build provides a better success/survivability.

Shoot, even low magic means less time invisible. Need to expand your inventory slots and have gear ready for every situation.

I digress tho..u are going to need at least the equivalent of 3 dex EVERY level in order to use your good weapons at 80+ .. I think lvl 80 weap is 246 dex requirement.
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im just throwing this out there, but maybe we should just cap our vit at say like 30 or something? i know most bms cap at 50, but seeing that sins get squashed really fast but kill pretty quick, it might not hurt having the little bit of padding XD
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • prnflake
    prnflake Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im just throwing this out there, but maybe we should just cap our vit at say like 30 or something? i know most bms cap at 50, but seeing that sins get squashed really fast but kill pretty quick, it might not hurt having the little bit of padding XD

so you have the hp of like a half hit more? sounds bad
  • Vainee - Raging Tide
    Vainee - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    I totally agree to tis and tis should be 1 of the build being considered beside 4dex 1 str
  • xirai
    xirai Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't think the 1 str 4 dex build is bad; please do note that each stat point added varies differently among classes, and I think PW made it so that when you add more dex to an assassin, they'd get more out of it than a barb or BM would. Assassins emphasize more on evasion, and at higher levels, the more dex there is the more useful it will become (and more noticable too). Vit isn't bad, and you can add to it if you want, but not adding any vit won't hurt you that much either.
  • ChizuruChan - Harshlands
    ChizuruChan - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think im going for 2 vit srt and rest dex on the 2 lvl
  • SilentNight_ - Heavens Tear
    SilentNight_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    right now i'm following the build 1 str - 4 dex and yes i pot a lot. This remind me when i was low lvl bm and potted like crazy (almost rerolled to another class) but after the "diamond sutra" i use just 1 mana pot every 4 mobs,no more health pots (i have them anyway,you never know :P)
    probably whit the assassins will be the same,maybe the skill "bloodpaint" things will be better.
    I say that because now i'm not able to kill more than 2 - 3 mobs whitout meditate...but if a good cleric buff me or i use the life powder (lvl 1 apho,recover 50hp every second) i can kill 30 - 34 mobs in 10 minuts...(almost done 2 one man army in 10 minuts soloing...)
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't think you read the description of the assassin character when you created one or I think you'd have a different opinion.

Melee combatants who move fast & can deal the most damage of any class when in Critical Hit Form sound more like a BM build to me than archer build.

I think PWI guided us correctly & I'd rather trust their words than yours. TYVM.

uh...assassins get their damage from dex, so adding into str like a fist bm would would be pretty stupid.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    8 dex 1 str 1 vit every 2

or

7 dex 1 str 2 vit every 2

or you'll squish real easy at mele range or against wizzies or agains....anything

archers can go pure cause things DONT hit them back....you dont have that option
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    razad wrote: »
    uh...assassins get their damage from dex, so adding into str like a fist bm would would be pretty stupid.

*cough* equipment str requirement...

what you want to do is....put 5 stats in magic every level.
    it'll let you spam all your skills, give you high basic magic attack/defense....
    /sarcasm.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm going to try pure DEX for mine. If it's too hard, I can always put more VIT at later level. But I do have a question whether pure DEX is 4 DEX 1 STR or 9 DEX 1 STR per 2 levels?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Erronel - Dreamweaver
    Erronel - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I just started an assassin after reading this and to start out, 4dex and 1str is "the" build for assassins? I don't think so. I've seen some pretty damn good attack clerics, I'm going to be doing something similar with this.

Just to make sure on one point, is magic going to need any points at all?
    "Perhaps there is a reason it is not possible to prove that something does not exist."~something I came up with myself.
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The 4 DEX 1 STR/lvl build is an end game build. If you want to use the 1 VIT 2 STR 7 DEX/2 lvls build, you can, but I would recommend restatting when you get to a high level. What you lack in HP you can make up for in shards/refines. An assassin only gains 13 HP/VIT so that's a measly 650 HP at lvl 100. That amount is so easy to surpass in shards/refines that it's almost funny.
  • Erronel - Dreamweaver
    Erronel - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'll be putting one vitality for every maybe 3 to 4 levels, and my str around 2 and dex 3 for every level, depending on equipment requirements. That is if magic isn't ever needed.
    "Perhaps there is a reason it is not possible to prove that something does not exist."~something I came up with myself.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'll be putting one vitality for every maybe 3 to 4 levels, and my str around 2 and dex 3 for every level, depending on equipment requirements. That is if magic isn't ever needed.

Daggers require very little STR. Putting more STR than the LA requirement is a waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Daggers require very little STR. Putting more STR than the LA requirement is a waste.

I'm seriously pondering the viability of a HA assassin. It'd have to wear HA of one grade lower due to lack of sufficient STR, but it would be a significant PDef boost. Going to get my 1/4 assassin to at least the 50s or 60s before I try another build though. I wonder how Haiz's HA assassin is coming along?
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm staying with 1str/4dex... didnt have a problem HP related this far... and it got even better since i have the new sleep skill, and there are a crapload of skills like that at higher lvls.

I kill around 6-7 b4 meditating... at lvl 20? works for me. Don't ask me to tank **** tho... 700HP b:shocked
  • Craken - Harshlands
    Craken - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm staying with 1str/4dex... didnt have a problem HP related this far... and it got even better since i have the new sleep skill, and there are a crapload of skills like that at higher lvls.

I kill around 6-7 b4 meditating... at lvl 20? works for me. Don't ask me to tank **** tho... 700HP b:shocked

That means u got 1 hit per mob or u use loads of pots or apoth things. Or am i wrong?
This discussion has been closed.