1 shot boss

Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Wizard
just interested to know if any1 has managed to 1 shot an fb boss yet. i think that would be hilarious lol
Post edited by Jimmijam - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Probably some high hp perdition barbs. Im pretty sure they can do 108k to an fb19 boss.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • /Krue - Heavens Tear4
    /Krue - Heavens Tear4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Probably some high hp perdition barbs. Im pretty sure they can do 108k to an fb19 boss.

A wizard can do well over 150k to that boss.

undine+extreme poison+w\ev other weakening skills you can pull = wizards PEW PEW'n
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've been trying to get a crit on a BIDS on that boss for a while.
    Double spark/undine/poison/BIDS takes about 60% of his HP.
    Haven't been lucky yet ...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like Extreme Poison would at least do a bit more damage.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009

gogo ursa :P when u manage it take a screenie lol. btw wouldnt blade tempest do more dmg cos of its lower phys def?
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Once you reach a certain level, physical defence is almost negligible. Extreme poison amplifies damage, not just physical.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    well,BT won't make a big diff.
    But BIDS makes full advantage of Undine...might be wrong , but that was my first thought

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    A wizard can do well over 150k to that boss.

undine+extreme poison+w\ev other weakening skills you can pull = wizards PEW PEW'n

I havent seen any screenies of any wizards hitting over 150k without the factors:
    a.) Rebirth auras
    b.) Dragons
    c.) Mind break

a.) Cannot be used in fb instances
    b.) Dragons would do damage to the boss meaning not really a 1 hit after.
    b.) Again, myriad rainbow does damage and so does demon ironwood scarab.

Feel free to post a SS of a BT/BIDs doing over 150k.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I havent seen any screenies of any wizards hitting over 150k without the factors:
    a.) Rebirth auras
    b.) Dragons
    c.) Mind break

guess that means no undine strike either, it does damage. might be a little harder now without all that
    omg im posting stuff.
    edited December 2009
    guess that means no undine strike either, it does damage. might be a little harder now without all that

Err.. yea that complicates things. But, in my book, one hitting a boss/player is.
    1 hit = 1 kill. Any damage done prior wouldnt really mean 1 hit.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Err.. yea that complicates things. But, in my book, one hitting a boss/player is.

you may want to make it a little more reasonable.. for instance, if I hit some 9x archer for 2xx with undine and then over 10k with a crit... you can call that a one shot (assuming the archer doesn't have 10k hp). If you were fighting shinzoko, and 10k isn't enough to kill them, but 10k+the 2xx from undine.. then yes I'd agree it wasn't a one shot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    so noone has actually 1 shot fb19 boss yet? its half of my goal in this game lol. also to see if i can hit over 200k on a lvl1 but im only lvl65 so thatll be a while yet haha. maybe when psychic comes out it will make it easier with their attack buff.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    just interested to know if any1 has managed to 1 shot an fb boss yet. i think that would be hilarious lol

Thromh the Mighty:
    108.189 HP

undine:
    reduce targets fire, water and wood def by 60%
    poison:
    increased damage taken by target by 20%
    water mastery:
    Increases all Water magic damage by 20%.

Black Ice Dragon:
    Water damage equal to base magic damage plus 500% of weapon
    damage plus 9648.9. Has a 95% chance to slow enemies by 60% for 8.0 seconds.

ive done 80k non crits to it , with a crit i dont see why it cant be done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

1hit is when u hit something for more than it's HP. Doesn't matter if it's the 3rd, 4th or 6th hit, it's still 1 hit, player or mob. Just because the player or the mob had the luck of not getting the crit in the first shot it's not making him or it less of a 1 hit.

And if u haven't seen wizards hit 150k in PvE without auras I pity the wizards you know. I'm hitting 84k on pyro/gush on dragoned fb59 bosses, non crit. Crit on a nuke or ulti would have made that number in the 200k's.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    you may want to make it a little more reasonable.. for instance, if I hit some 9x archer for 2xx with undine and then over 10k with a crit... you can call that a one shot (assuming the archer doesn't have 10k hp). If you were fighting shinzoko, and 10k isn't enough to kill them, but 10k+the 2xx from undine.. then yes I'd agree it wasn't a one shot.
    1hit is when u hit something for more than it's HP. Doesn't matter if it's the 3rd, 4th or 6th hit, it's still 1 hit, player or mob. Just because the player or the mob had the luck of not getting the crit in the first shot it's not making him or it less of a 1 hit.

And if u haven't seen wizards hit 150k in PvE without auras I pity the wizards you know. I'm hitting 84k on pyro/gush on dragoned fb59 bosses, non crit. Crit on a nuke or ulti would have made that number in the 200k's.

why do so many people find this so hard to understand? This is my exact definition of a one shot. damage > HP but people are so stupid now -.-
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Either stupid or ignorant because their adolescence still hasn't faded. b:angry
    edited December 2009
    why do so many people find this so hard to understand? This is my exact definition of a one shot. damage > HP but people are so stupid now -.-

That is YOUR definition of a one shot. Different people have different meanings of one shot. Heck, if the boss is dragoned/amped/extreme poisoned, even my 85 veno can "1 hit" the boss with a crit then.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited December 2009
    triple fury > pyro tempest > ironrock/dragoned metal fb39 boss

350k~
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2009

i agree with this. setting up a monster or player with dragons flame(does damage), undine strike(does damage), and all the other stuff to achieve an insanely high crit is not really a 1 shot anymore to me.

People would still call it a 1 shot but it's not really, it's like a 2-3 shot. That is a fact.

a nice high crit but not a 1 shot.

edit: like doing a 1,000,000 crit on a boss when it has like 1% HP left. It doesn't matter anymore
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thromh the Mighty:
    108.189 HP

Grr ok well I tried it only with self buffs and 0 debuffs on the Boss. Agonisingly close if I had debuffed boss it dies, but that depends how you define 1 hit.

1hit1sttry.png

EDIT: Couldnt get to forum to display the picture for some reason so I put a link, I may have another go to kill it in 1 at some point o.0, also have a screeny of 4 hitting kimsa somewhere but that was with heavens flame :)
    edited December 2009
    Grr ok well I tried it only with self buffs and 0 debuffs on the Boss. Agonisingly close if I had debuffed boss it dies, but that depends how you define 1 hit.

1hit1sttry.png

EDIT: Couldnt get to forum to display the picture for some reason so I put a link, I may have another go to kill it in 1 at some point o.0, also have a screeny of 4 hitting kimsa somewhere but that was with heavens flame :)

dam that was so close :(
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Bah~ just extreme poison that sucker.
    (>.<)
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satchiko - Dreamweaver
    Satchiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here you go. No outside buffs, no outside debuffs, and no undine strike. This is a true one hit spark, extreme poison, and ice dragon. b:victory
    2009-12-1204-19-33.jpg
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    a.) Rebirth auras
    b.) Dragons
    c.) Mind break

there u go.
    and next time, don't underestimate how hard a wizz can hit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It is kinda sad when some barbs come to play bragging that they have a high hitter in the wizard forums.....kinda funny in a way lulz
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
    edited December 2009
    Here you go. No outside buffs, no outside debuffs, and no undine strike. This is a true one hit spark, extreme poison, and ice dragon. b:victory
    2009-12-1204-19-33.jpg

1 word: awesomeness!!! b:victory
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    undine: reduce targets fire, water and wood def by 60%
    Wood? lol

And yes, a oneshot = damage > target's max HP. Counting undine is like saying a cleric can't debuff something either... unless 200 damage somehow became a factor.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited December 2009
    Wood? lol

And yes, a oneshot = damage > target's max HP. Counting undine is like saying a cleric can't debuff something either... unless 200 damage somehow became a factor.

ok using any debuff/amp from any class/genie is it poss to 1shot qingzi? as fb19 boss has already been done lolz. the challenge has been set :)
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ok using any debuff/amp from any class/genie is it poss to 1shot qingzi? as fb19 boss has already been done lolz. the challenge has been set :)

i guess it ll take a few years till the challenge gets to polearm or gaurnob XD
    (without GM robe or weapon)
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2009

The simple answer is yes, If you can have debuffs from every class. Qingzi has 336,727 HPs and Satchiko hit 149k, with HF that'll be 298k damage with a venos amp damage and a clerics magic def debuff I can see that adding the remining 36k damage to 1 shot Qingzi.

The difficulty comes in timing all the moves.