the 16th will be a disaster

Options
Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
everybody and their mother will be playing a noob tideborn. there wont be enough mobs to go around, there will be massive fighting/qq over ksing and whatnot. and those who arent planning on rolling a noob are probably gonna want to at least check out the new zones. the whole place is going to be a zoo.

and i know everybody is hoping for double exp on the release date or sometime soon after.. that would be an incredibly BAD idea. do we really need or want a thousand lvl 80 tideborn a week after they're released?
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Agreed on both accounts. And sadly, you're most likey right >___>
    b:dirty
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You're forgetting about the chaos at the oracle spawns b:chuckle
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Those will be the new PK war areas for some weeks.... b:chuckle
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, doesn't matter me. Altho I might go there to sell some herbs and mats :D
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Who knows, it's almost christmas by then. Everyone can just one shot snowmen to level up.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Haha, true but somehow I find that funny, probably cause I won't make a char so I won't have to get annoyed over KS and all that. But I can already guess how much spam and swearing I'll see in World Chat. b:chuckle
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If this will be a disaster, what should be done to make things better? Allow only tideborns to enter the area for a month. Maybe allow only 10 people to make a tideborn every 30 min. I honestly dont get what the point of this thread is.

I actually am looking forward to the massive number of tideborns I'll be seeing in the first hour. It'll give me a chance to make some new friends, and to see some of the future successful tideborns when they are low lvls.
  • Somedude - Lost City
    Somedude - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i have played the tideborn expansion in pw cn and i can tell you there is a crazy amount of mobs on that island, theres more than enough to go around trust me!

god knows how they will manage to keep lag down tho.. your minimap at starting town is pretty much all white dots.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If this will be a disaster, what should be done to make things better? Allow only tideborns to enter the area for a month. Maybe allow only 10 people to make a tideborn every 30 min. I honestly dont get what the point of this thread is.

I actually am looking forward to the massive number of tideborns I'll be seeing in the first hour. It'll give me a chance to make some new friends, and to see some of the future successful tideborns when they are low lvls.

This. This thread is just pointless QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If it's a disaster, it's a disaster.

If it's so laggy that nobody can play, then it's so laggy that nobody can play.

If it's double EXP it's double EXP.

Get over it. Pointless thread is pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Personally, Im looking forward to the chaos.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • xadz
    xadz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the OP clearly never played any PW at launch day, there wont be that much of a difference, if not less cramped, i used both a WB on HT launch day and a WF on HL launch day, both times they were packed to hell as ofcourse alot of ppl like to use WF for the obvious reasons,

non the less, if its that bad, log off, play ur main, and come back later.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I remember when Open Beta started - I was logging in within the first minutes and that's exactly how it was - full of baby characters, all going for the same mobs. It wasn't infuriating, it was amusing to see everyone being so keen to play the game :).

So, to avoid the KS - group with more people. If it is too laggy for you, play a week later :). Personally, I'm going to put up with the lag ;).
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    yes it will OP
    MY LIST OF THINGS TO DO ON THE 16th
    1).go rob a bank
    2).do some pot
    3).and stab that Verizon ****
    4). end of the day gets on and plays the new tideborn and kills lvl 1 noobsb:laugh
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My plan for Tideborn?

Make one on the 16th as soon as I can so as to snag the name I want. Then turn around and go on my main to scout the FB19 Tideborn dungeon. 'Cause frankly, I don't want to be lost in there... b:surrender

Then, later, after the hype has died down a bit -- I'll start working on my Tideborn.
  • Esteban - Dreamweaver
    Esteban - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My plan? get glitched in some sort of way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My plan? Play like usually. I'm not planning make tideborn at all. So I'm just curious about new places and new refining that's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This. This thread is just pointless QQ.

^this....
    b:sweat
    me think OP has never played any other game at launch apparently.....
    b:sweat
    And how is temporary overcrowding a disaster.....
    if teh servers were to crash and burn....then yes....
    but....temporary overcrowding for mobs that spawn forever... b:chuckle
    thats just part of games lol.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lonemono - Lost City
    Lonemono - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I remember when Open Beta started - I was logging in within the first minutes and that's exactly how it was - full of baby characters, all going for the same mobs. It wasn't infuriating, it was amusing to see everyone being so keen to play the game :).

So, to avoid the KS - group with more people. If it is too laggy for you, play a week later :). Personally, I'm going to put up with the lag ;).

This. When Open Beta started I made my character, and didn't play for about 4 days. The rush of unused materials, and the fact that almost no-one was at the starting areas made questing a breeze.
  • FadeHeal - Lost City
    FadeHeal - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I agree what can they do about it they can'nt say "you can make an account now you have to wait".
    we will have to live with the massive laggs and all the other things.
    or just make your tideborn a month after release so u can go easy
    death to tkD!
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This kind of reasoning reminds me of the logic of people who go to Disneyland during the peak months, ignore the free and highly effective "Fastpass" ticket booths, stand in line for 2 hours for each ride, then whine and QQ afterwards about how all the long lineups ruined their vacation.

If you don't like crowds, avoid them. If you're part of the crowd, then you're part of the problem.

Actually complaining that everybody else wanting to do the new thing right away will ruin your ability to do the new thing right away is multiple levels of sophistic self-importance, smothered in ego, drizzled with entitlement, with a big fat greed cherry on top. Narcissus would be proud (except he'd be too busy with his reflection to notice, of course).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you don't like crowds, avoid them. If you're part of the crowd, then you're part of the problem.

we R legion~
    now give us sunflower seeds.
    b:beg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver
    Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    heaven help the noob who cant completely open a jump quest chest hehehehehehehehe
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The lag and KSing and stuff at launch makes for some great laughs. b:laugh When new servers launched last March, i made a char about 3-4 hours after launch, and the starter areas were pretty much empty. Im bettin somethin similar happens here. See yall in the new TB area!
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I hadn't considered that. All the probably regular oracle ksers battling each other. There will be many tears ^__^. Now that I'm looking forward to seeing!!

Also yeh it will probably lag like crazy if not reboot a server or start disconnecting people. It will probably be crowded it will probably suck noodles. Fun times ^o^. I'll be making an epic assassin for mainly PVE to see how it fairs, of course bare min str and pure dex same as my archer. I won't be using scrolls at any point in the chars life except dropped ones~

Bring on the insanity \m/_ <(o.o)> _\m/

Regards
  • Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver
    Cruorflamma - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    new characters better not duel everything in sight. it will further add to the lag.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Its gonna be fun camping oracles

Until those tideborns outlevel me a week later QQ
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    heaven help the noob who cant completely open a jump quest chest hehehehehehehehe

Oh god the jump quest in the beginning of closed/open beta....You just had to click the chest reallyyyyy fast and hope you were the one to get it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Good point regarding Oracles - I hope more people use them (so that there's more room for me to try out the quests b:chuckle).
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I can imagine the lag now b:surrender...