Kniraven's PvP/PvE Sword/Blade Blademaster Guide

Options

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @Kristoph... yeah, i can play a friend's 9x barb too, that doesnt mean im as good as him playing it... not even close.
    I've leveled a BM to 70 myself and spent some hours on a 99 one, along with fighting and working with plenty of BMs... I most likely know more than a lot of BMs here.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    think you should be more careful with your statements. this is not the best place to talk about account sharing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    BTW, +10% accuracy is laughable.

What are you referring to? b:question
    think you should be more careful with your statements. this is not the best place to talk about account sharing.

>___> Yeah.... speaking of not the place, lets create a seperate thread for any debates not concerning my guide.

ON TOPIC:
    Thankyou again to everyone who posted their supportive comments and praise or who mentioned new combos or strategies for me to check out.
    Right now my conclusion is that draw blood is kind of lame as a sword BM, but I will try it out on a veno pet as Kristoph suggested and see how that works.

<3 u guys :D and Thankyou especially to those of you who commented saying this should be stickied. I would be honored if it ever was b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Not everyone is level 90, and I haven't even gotten to the level 90 part of my guide yet because I am still experimenting with the dual swords vs. the zerk sword. Until level 90 though, for PvP the dual swords outright win. It is no contest. The difference in speed is too small and the difference in damage is great.

And I did not say anything about weapons under 90. Joshcja and Kedth was talking about TT90's and Joshcja said zerk is just an add, as if that mattered since in the end, they are not comparing NPC weapons but the TT90's.

Atmos will hit more consistently than bash but bash does more damage..? Skills (with the exception of those that say they always hit) do not hit more consistently than one another and Atmos just plain deals more damage than bash does.

Atmos Strike (Sword) [lvl 10]
    A strike of incredible force, dealing base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 3416.9 and knocking the
    target back 18.0 meters.

Drake Bash (Axe) [lvl 10]
    Brandish your weapon menacingly and smash the opponent
    dealing base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 3296.1. Stuns the target for 6.0 seconds

Those are the two hardest hitting skills aside from the ulti's on the actual Axe and Sword trees. Not only does Atmos deal more damage, it doesn't cost a spark like Bash does and the cooldown is only half as long.

Note the 100% weapon damage? That adds the random damage which falls between your weapon's max and min damage. If the random add on for the 2 skills both happened to be the max damage, 100% of your TT90 dual is 1012 and axes is 1358. (3296.1+1358)>(3416.9+1012) and that was all I was pointing out. 10 Atmos might hit more damange than 10 Bash, but Bash still has the chance to hit the highest.

That settles your non-zerk TT90s. If you want to match the zerk that procs on GX, which doubles its max possible hit, you'll have to use the damage range of Firelotus, which have 918 as its high end. 3416.9+918 is even less than 3296.1+1358.

Atmos hits hard, but not as Bash can. I'm not putting down swords, just pointing out the fact. "It'll hit more consistently than Bash but Bash still have the higher possible damage".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If they would ban for account sharing you can kiss most of spectral, essence, kamisama and tons of other guilds goodbye. It's probably the same for your server, a lot of people give account access to (IRL) friends.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:cute Lets keep on topic.
    We've made some great points that there are things sword can't do but there are plenty that they can. Endgame no BM should be using only one weapon, but swords are a perfectly valid choice to get up to that point. This guide, whether you like swords or not, is to help along those who DO want this to be their main weapon as they level.

Thankyou very much everyone your support and help in making this a better guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i never said atoms hit harder

i said it hit harder on average

zerk is a proc ability

to figure out how it affects dps

(proc rate x attack) + attack

imo fireloutus IS the better weapon of the tt 90's but id rater have a well +ed set of 3* dual swords's with the zerk add from the 8x 9x range
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

zerk is a proc ability

to figure out how it affects dps

(proc rate x attack) + attack

imo fireloutus IS the better weapon of the tt 90's but id rater have a well +ed set of 3* dual swords's with the zerk add from the 8x 9x range

O_O Josh Thats Brilliant.

Time to go smith a ton of dual swords.

*runs off*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Kudos on the guide, can't say i have anything else to add past what's already been said. My only gripe, however, is....

Where the Mods at?!? Neither this nor Drunken_Chu's guide sticky'd....

*forum slap*
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

we can fire atoms?b:shocked
    nice guide btw Kniraven, you rockb:victory
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    O_O Josh Thats Brilliant.

Time to go smith a ton of dual swords.

*runs off*

You can always make OHT stuff...
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ... and atamos hits about as hard as drake bash (harder i beleive) and is semi spamable

No.. I said it hits harder on average
    Same idea applies to Atmos. It'll hit more consistently than Bash but Bash still have the higher possible damage because the high end of the 100% weapon damage of axes is more than that of sword.
    10 Atmos might hit more damange than 10 Bash, but Bash still has the chance to hit the highest.

Next off... "Dual blade is just the spike version of the sword weapons..."
    Dual Blades have almost as much minimum attack as Single Blades have maximum. They aren't the spike weapon. They're the just plain higher damage weapon.

With slower attack rate... hence spike vs DPS.

Great guide overall, much needed. I'm just picking off some small stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You can always make OHT stuff...

Thats the plan b:victory

With slower attack rate... hence spike vs DPS.

Great guide overall, much needed. I'm just picking off some small stuff.

Difference in attack rate is too small for the single sword to out-dps the dual swords once you come to the HH weapons b:surrender

Thankyou though for the err.. compliment at the end of that :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lance_Dragon - Lost City
    Lance_Dragon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Pro Guide!
    Awesome work dude.

I definitely vote Sticky as well.b:thanks
    b:chuckle[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:shutup
  • kamikaze101
    kamikaze101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Pro Guide!
    Awesome work dude.

I definitely vote Sticky as well.b:thanks

+1 Good work Kniraven ;o
  • Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver
    Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    how do me request sticky :(
  • kamikaze101
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You quoted the whole guide D=!!!!
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You quoted the whole guide D=!!!!

SHUDDUP I FIXED IT NUb :(
  • kamikaze101
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lol But I know >->.....I...know..b:quietb:avoidb:cool
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lol But I know >->.....I...know..b:quietb:avoidb:cool

Ai goa beddy bai now becuz i haz skewl and me gut boi so i hav to go. Me sleepy too, OP:goot guid :) b:bye
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tbh i can understand a sword guide to weapons and armor but however this guide makes it seem that u can only choose one path over the other. Even if u roll fists/poleblade/or swords every BM needs dragons and drake's bash lvl'd. Those skills take the most priorty imo than leveling Myriad and atmos. I use swords myself just because i like them. However just because i use swords doesnt limit myself to being only one type of BM. The best BM's on any server are the one's that find the most usefullness out of all of their skills. other than that nice guide :).
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tbh i can understand a sword guide to weapons and armor but however this guide makes it seem that u can only choose one path over the other. Even if u roll fists/poleblade/or swords every BM needs dragons and drake's bash lvl'd. Those skills take the most priorty imo than leveling Myriad and atmos. I use swords myself just because i like them. However just because i use swords doesnt limit myself to being only one type of BM. The best BM's on any server are the one's that find the most usefullness out of all of their skills. other than that nice guide :).

I use all 4 weapons. Swords is just my main weapon. I actually do suggest getting a fist only move in my guide.

You're right, at later levels people should be mutipathing. This guide however is sword specific. You can level sword skills as your main choice until you multipath just as easily as you can the other 3 trees. We have an Axe and Fist Guide. There was a pole guide floating around a while back but I don't know where it dissapeared off to.

Thankyou for complimenting the guide though. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theninjaleader
    theninjaleader Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I agree whole heartedly with your guide, however am skeptical about PirateKing's Seal. Isn't there a higher grade belt once you hit 80? The refine bonus are probably pretty low from the thing.

+1 to the sticky suggestion.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I agree whole heartedly with your guide, however am skeptical about PirateKing's Seal. Isn't there a higher grade belt once you hit 80? The refine bonus are probably pretty low from the thing.

+1 to the sticky suggestion.

Not an affordable one. I'm still looking into it. Pirate Kings Seal is a good belt though. I still use mine even at 90 because I haven't gotten one to replace it quite yet.

I'll add other suggestions later after I look up their names again. Right now I have to finish an art potfolio b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pirate kings seal as bm? what made u believe u know anything about bm, especially to write a guide and actually give stuped advices. the will may be nice but never enough.

get random mdef belt with vit till 80, than use oht belt, than demon slaughter best till 4th past/warsong belt.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Derako - Dreamweaver
    Derako - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thanks for your guide, i solely use Dual Blades and had no real idea what i was shooting for. Your guide explained some of the basics but the real thing i took out of it was the idea behind Evasion and the skills.

Keep up the awesome work!

-Derako
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pirate kings seal as bm? what made u believe u know anything about bm, especially to write a guide and actually give stuped advices. the will may be nice but never enough.

get random mdef belt with vit till 80, than use oht belt, than demon slaughter best till 4th past/warsong belt.

Pirate King's Seal is an Elemental Defense Belt.
    Look it up before criticizing people and calling them "stuped".

Thankyou Derako. :) I'm glad you found the guide helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aysellia - Sanctuary
    Aysellia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thanks, it helped me a lot b:cute
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Pirate King's Seal is an Elemental Defense Belt.
    Look it up before criticizing people and calling them "stuped".

Thankyou Derako. :) I'm glad you found the guide helpful.

what makes u think, that i dont know that? i must call u stuped once again.

what does pirate king seal have as add, whats useful for bm? 10% evasion? magic? mp? must be kickass to break 2k mana at 90 : )) only the evasion has some use on that but if u really think u need that reroll as an archer.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • ssilly
    ssilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what makes u think, that i dont know that? i must call u stuped once again.

what does pirate king seal have as add, whats useful for bm? 10% evasion? magic? mp? must be kickass to break 2k mana at 90 : )) only the evasion has some use on that but if u really think u need that reroll as an archer.

True... the demon slaughter belt can be used @ 9x rather than the pirate kings seal . But thats my opinion b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.