Building Assassin

rexberry
rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Hi. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to build a PVP sin.

Regrettably, she gets her damage from dex...
(which doesn't make sense because dex is supposed to increase ranged physical damage and sins use daggers)

Anyways, this makes deciding whether or not to use Heavy Armor more difficult.

Heavy armor has great advantages, including much higher physical defense and highest +HP bonuses per refine level.

Heavy Armor requires 5 str per 2 levels to wear. This leaves only 5 points left for dex every 2 levels.

A lvl 130 HA build sin (5s/5d every 2 levels) has 17% critical rate (without bonuses)
while a lvl 130 LA build sin has 27% critical rate (without bonuses).

LA sins will have much higher DPS, but HA will have way more physical defense and HP. Here's something that will help put things into perspective:

Lvl 130 heavy armor w/ +12 refines gives 525 more HP than lvl 130 light armor w/ +12 refines, and this is only for the chest plate. Think about how much extra HP you'll have if you include wrists, legs, and boots.

What do you guys think? Which would you rather use? Opinions are welcome, can't do it all on my own Y( ^-')z.
Post edited by rexberry on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why do u ewen discuss this be4 its released...

maybe with the new races a enw kind of armour will eb released ESPECIALY for them

yesh...who cares about lvl 130 armour lol max is 105 and ewen that is hard as hell
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would rather wait and play a 'sin on PWI, because we don't even know if they're actually going to have their own armor sets yet or not. They probably won't but nobody is truly, truly truly sure.

So yeah. Theories are great but if yours turns out to be flawed when the 'sins arrive, then... well, sucks for you. =) Personally, I'm just going to wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    facepalm1.jpg
    blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg
    633502095110658970-facepalm.jpg

Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    rexberry wrote: »
    A lvl 130 HA build sin (5s/5d every 2 levels) has 17% critical rate (without bonuses)
    while a lvl 130 LA build sin has 27% critical rate (without bonuses).

LA sins will have much higher DPS, but HA will have way more physical defense and HP. Here's something that will help put things into perspective:

Lvl 130 heavy armor w/ +12 refines gives 525 more HP than lvl 130 light armor w/ +12 refines, and this is only for the chest plate. Think about how much extra HP you'll have if you include wrists, legs, and boots.

What do you guys think? Which would you rather use? Opinions are welcome, can't do it all on my own Y( ^-')z.

I LOL'd.....b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Narore - Lost City
    Narore - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hasn't it already been said their gonna use light armour?
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    maybe they have both phys and mag skills to make things even more messed^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hasn't it already been said their gonna use light armour?

Korren has confirmed that they Are Dex. Logically they are light armor types.

Heavy Armor Assassin, would be like a heavy armor archer.

The damage benefit out does the defense in my opinion, but ur gonna have to refine either way u go, for more damage or more defense.

but who needs hp when u Get tons of criticals, dodge a lot, High accuracy.
    a lot of peeps will give up before they reach level 20 on an Assassin. Just like archers, they will have a hard time and claim the class sucks. Until they realize at higher levle they own like.........b:victory xD.
    But that's off topic. This was a silly question anyways. No one knows. Unless they guess. But thats common sense.... And i cant quit talking...... Srry. xD
    um Bye ._. im hoping u get my point b:bye
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    there are assassins on another game i play. let me log in there and ask best build for it ok? brb

okie i asked and they said 3 str 2 dex
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    there are assassins on another game i play. let me log in there and ask best build for it ok? brb

WHAT!? Assassins on another game is NOT the same as assassins here. You are a complete fool for even considering it.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hemoglobin wrote: »

icwutudidthar
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    icuwutudidthar

This thread just makes me smile and laugh b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This forum just makes me fail at school. Should be doing my work atm b:surrender
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    This forum just makes me fail at school. Should be doing my work atm b:surrender

b:surrender At work....kills the time between the calls and meetings and all that ****...

Good for a smile when in a rough patch b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh noes~
    b:shocked
    1429177043_6e00d80ba3.jpg?v=0
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    From the sound of things, assasins are high damage pew pew pvpers already.
    If you take from their damage and add to defense, you're taking away the whole point of what an assasin is. They're not meant to have high physical defense and HP, what makes them formidable opponents is their stealth ability and high criticals.

They're meant to kill you before you even know they're there. Dex is for ranged phyiscal attack, well maybe the assasins have some long ranged melee skills. Dex is also for high criticals and evasion/accuracy. My suggestion is play one first as a pure build, get it to a higher level after you're completly familar with the class then decide's it's armour and pvp limits. Remember, you may be giving an assasin higher physical defense and HP, but some classes hit magical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WHAT!? Assassins on another game is NOT the same as assassins here. You are a complete fool for even considering it.

ah, you would be the fool for taking that person seriously.

anyways... level 130.... sounds like a good plan.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this makes me giggle for the main point as...if someone found a good build for an assassin...Their not going to share it. I mean its like a grinding spot, u never share it and if someone finds it and asked you about it u just deny deny deny lmao
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • rexberry
    edited December 2009
    From the sound of things, assasins are high damage pew pew pvpers already.
    If you take from their damage and add to defense, you're taking away the whole point of what an assasin is. They're not meant to have high physical defense and HP, what makes them formidable opponents is their stealth ability and high criticals.

They're meant to kill you before you even know they're there. Dex is for ranged phyiscal attack, well maybe the assasins have some long ranged melee skills. Dex is also for high criticals and evasion/accuracy. My suggestion is play one first as a pure build, get it to a higher level after you're completly familar with the class then decide's it's armour and pvp limits. Remember, you may be giving an assasin higher physical defense and HP, but some classes hit magical.

Hi Reikara ~ Thanks for being one of the few who have taken my thread seriously. It's so hard to find nice and respectful people to talk to on here.
    I don't think there's a such thing as "long ranged melee". Melee refers to close quarters combat. Here's the thing that bothers me most - open the "Character" window in game and hover your cursor of "Dexterity". It tells you that it increases ranged physical attack damage. From the video Korren linked us to, we saw that sins are based on close quarters melee fighting ~ which is what the "Strength" attribute was supposed to be for.
    In any case, I think I'll take your advice and start with a pure build. The thing I'm most worried about is pvp versus the other melee classes ~ barbarians and blademasters. Against venos, clerics, wizards, and archers - a sin can use teleportation and invisibility. But do sins stand a chance versus barbs or bms? They have life leech and a life-saving charm-esque skill, but who knows if that'll be enough.
    Bms get 15 HP per point of vit, and 10 accuracy + 10 evasion per point of dex while
    sins get 13 HP per vit and 8 accuracy + 6 evasion per point of dex if I remember correctly T^T.

Hamsta, we know each other on LC. Please don't be rude.

Silver - Hopefully not everyone feels that way =\.

To everyone else ~ if this topic doesn't interest you and you have nothing helpful to add, all I'm asking is that you please don't post. Please, just stop the rudeness >.<''.
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi Reikara ~ Thanks for being one of the few who have taken my thread seriously. It's so hard to find nice and respectful people to talk to on here.
    I don't think there's a such thing as "long ranged melee". Melee refers to close quarters combat. Here's the thing that bothers me most - open the "Character" window in game and hover your cursor of "Dexterity". It tells you that it increases ranged physical attack damage. From the video Korren linked us to, we saw that sins are based on close quarters melee fighting ~

after expansion, when u hover your cursor of "Dexterity" , it says: increase range weapon and daggers dmg, crit rate, acc and eva.

Assassin will be a pro range class killer cuz of the 2 teleport skill(one is 30meters range, another one is 35meters range and stun target for 3 seconds but need 1 spark). Its almost impossible to run away from assassin,he will always teleport by your side, b:cryespecially for Archers,he teleport directly into your weak range..

Assassin has a 2min buff, that can avoid death once and recover 20% hp, so he wont get one shot by any class.

Once in danger,**** can force into stealth mode(1 spark) to make u loose target..its rly annoying..

but when an Assassin fight w/ a BM or a Barb...b:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    after expansion, when u hover your cursor of "Dexterity" , it says: increase range weapon and daggers dmg, crit rate, acc and eva.

Assassin will be a pro range class killer cuz of the 2 teleport skill(one is 30meters range, another one is 35meters range and stun target for 3 seconds but need 1 spark). Its almost impossible to run away from assassin,he will always teleport by your side, b:cryespecially for Archers,he teleport directly into your weak range..

Assassin has a 2min buff, that can avoid death once and recover 20% hp, so he wont get one shot by any class.

Once in danger,**** can force into stealth mode(1 spark) to make u loose target..its rly annoying..

but when an Assassin fight w/ a BM or a Barb...b:cryb:cry

This makes the class seem quite a bit more amazing, since I was lacking on info for this class. I was going to say you should probably wait it out, and when released, just look at the weapon/armor requirements, and distribute the points accordingly. If it's Dex based though, my assumption is the Archer Pure Dex setup will work well ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kinda wonderin what is the use of stealth when we can locate specific classes with the T button
  • rexberry
    edited December 2009
    Korren,
    forkorrenxd.png
    xD
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kinda wonderin what is the use of stealth when we can locate specific classes with the T button
    b:surrender developpers aint noobs...ofcos T menu doesnt work.
    Korren,
    forkorrenxd.png
    xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:surrender At work....kills the time between the calls and meetings and all that ****...

Good for a smile when in a rough patch b:victory

You should never be in a rough patch, only a patch of roses. <33
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • sniperad
    sniperad Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This makes the class seem quite a bit more amazing, since I was lacking on info for this class. I was going to say you should probably wait it out, and when released, just look at the weapon/armor requirements, and distribute the points accordingly. If it's Dex based though, my assumption is the Archer Pure Dex setup will work well ^^

Yes, when we know the weapons req we can start to make builds, coz we don't know if daggers need more str than bows or the same
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    sniperad wrote: »
    Yes, when we know the weapons req we can start to make builds, coz we don't know if daggers need more str than bows or the same

It needs 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288(etc) dex per level and 0.28 str per level to equip daggers. Build nao gogogo!
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
  • sniperad
    sniperad Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It needs 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288(etc) dex per level and 0.28 str per level to equip daggers. Build nao gogogo!

LOL! Then the 4dex/1str build is a good build b:chuckle
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    remind: even the best buffs can be purged^^

I've been told nixes love fish!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    sniperad wrote: »
    LOL! Then the 4dex/1str build is a good build b:chuckle

Nope, you only need 1 str every 3 levels. Who cares if your physical defense will be lower than a brown paper bag soaked in gasoline and you'll resist magic attacks as well as the above brown paper bag resists fire? Oh, and assassins get more evasion and accuracy from dex than BMs and they can evade magic attacks.
    I'd like to take this time to say that nothing I said above is true.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hamsta, we know each other on LC. Please don't be rude.

me am scared.
    (>.<)
    b:infuriated

and sowwy.
    me has teh boredom.
    (T.T)'

although a heavy armor assassin might work.
    (O.o)'
    if they're able to use say.....calamities or something and their skills worked on a weapon damage %.
    (o.O)'
    assassins wielding giant axes.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]