Centetric - Lost City
Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Cleric
ive made another thread about this but i wanna ask this again
wats ur opinion on em .........?
which is best?

kthnxbai b:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
~RedsRose
Post edited by Centetric - Lost City on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ive made another thread about this but i wanna ask this again
    wats ur opinion on em .........?
    which is best?

kthnxbai b:bye

If there was a best, then there would be no need in builds.

<---and to tiered to write about the same question over and over b:surrender
    b:dirty
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    didnt feel like goin through the search and necroing a thread D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Arcane and LA are both good... wear both! =x
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LA is good up till 80 maybe 90 if you Plan to PVE, PVP it just dosnt cut it. and 90+ its Robes or you'll be a non factor. i used robed all the way, HP shards till 90 and Pdefence in high 9x, never did me no probs.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can run some simulations on pwcalc.ru/pwi and compare that way if you can't make up your mind.

Archer forums had a lot of fun contemplating arcane archers b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    kk thnx quile :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    if u choose arcane, chances are u will not be full magic or close to, because u need to add vit to survive
    therefore, ur dmg will suck and u have barely any crit% so u cant really kill any1 thats half decent by urself
    this is the main reason why alot people think clercs are not for pvp

if u choose LA, chances are that u will have less mdef but if u build it right u will still have about 70% mdef, about 65% pdef, and 20% crit and reasonably amount of hp(6k) (myself)
    by all means having a bit less mdef wont get u killed as often compare to having a bit less pdef,and ur threat level/atk power greatly increases because ur crit% is high

ur dmg as LA wont be much lower compare to robe clerics who had to put their stats in vit
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    if u choose arcane, chances are u will not be full magic or close to, because u need to add vit to survive
    therefore, ur dmg will suck and u have barely any crit% so u cant really kill any1 thats half decent by urself
    this is the main reason why alot people think clercs are not for pvp

if u choose LA, chances are that u will have less mdef but if u build it right u will still have about 70% mdef, about 65% pdef, and 20% crit and reasonably amount of hp(6k) (myself)
    by all means having a bit less mdef wont get u killed as often compare to having a bit less pdef,and ur threat level/atk power greatly increases because ur crit% is high

ur dmg as LA wont be much lower compare to robe clerics who had to put their stats in vit

b:dirty ty Pharaoh

im a vit cleric b:surrender

SOOOOOOO.............., yea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Thats only if you go full vit. Otherwise AA pew pew better.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just wanted to point this out since i didn't see it posted yet. When LA says they can DD as well as AA, in damage output due to higher crits, that is true. but we are clerics, and we don't get critical heals, having higher base mag. attack is better then having higher crit rate if your thinking about heals. then also, when a LA cleric says they have 14% crit rate, That is not from there dex, it is from there equip. the crit rate you'll get from just the dex is only 3-5% ish, depending on lvl. so really not that much. that's why I vote AA > LA
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Even 10% crit is not solid enough to say that LA pew pew better!
    Get it to 20% then its another ball game. But then again most clerics go for -chan so veeerrryy few even come to that number....
  • _Baalbak_ - Dreamweaver
    _Baalbak_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm building as pure arcane so far just because I think that makes the most sense right now. I think this chart here - created by Cayeon - sums things up pretty well in regards to damage output and heals regarding different builds:

pure_attack_cleric_02.png

granted your "survivability" may suffer a bit depending on how you build your gear though.
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    u forgot in pvp the real dmg is 1/4 of pve....
    and on top of that there are phy/ele resists that most people have 50%-75%
    so really when it comes to full magic vs LA its about 50-200 pvp dmg per hit,
    the crit dmg u deal however, does not get nerfed

and believe me once u have a taste of 20% crit (i have this myself, and its entirely possible), u will not want to go back

in late game pvp i mean lvl 100s, what kills people is not high matk(u r not a mage), its high crit %
    eps also cannot afford to be full magic until maybe when u can afford G11-12 shards on full set, and even then it would be best to be arcane full magic with 30-40 dex added and maintain 20% crit
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    with 30-40 dex added and maintain 20% crit
    30 - 40 dex will yield you 1 - 2 % crit from stats, not 20% (I'm sure you know it takes 20 dex to raise crit rate by 1%) . The rest of the crit comes from gear bonuses, a low level crit arrow if you can equip a noob bow long enough to put the arrow in there, and a +crit tome. That said, if a PAC were to go for dex/crit bonuses on their gear same as you have - their crits are gonna be more powerful than an LA clerics would, and just about as often as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    robe 20% crit
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=281f6317f6351435

LA 20% crit
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fe4fc13c99fed0cb

around 800 hp(LA) vs 5% mdef(robe), personally i would perfer hp over mdef

and when u r LA, u can switch gear around but i dont think u can if u r robe
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i myself prefer vit build
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    robe 20% crit
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=281f6317f6351435

LA 20% crit
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fe4fc13c99fed0cb

around 800 hp(LA) vs 5% mdef(robe), personally i would perfer hp over mdef

Naughty! Cleric should have an Ence's scar hat and it should be +7 to be fair! b:chuckle

Difference would probably be ~4-500hp vs the 5%mdef of robe then. I'd still prefer LA just for the flexibility- you can go full robe and get that mdef back should you ever need to.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Naughty! Cleric should have an Ence's scar hat and it should be +7 to be fair! b:chuckle

Difference would probably be ~4-500hp vs the 5%mdef of robe then. I'd still prefer LA just for the flexibility- you can go full robe and get that mdef back should you ever need to.

Yeah, but some of us love 1k more dmg in PvE, specially when we grind =P
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009

just curious, why do a lot of clerics fully shard phys def?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a1dbd3bd6b004b6

if you do all citrines instead, you would have 1000 extra HP, with only a 7% physical reduction loss, (62% from 101 characters to 55%)

In my opinion it would be far better to have that HP since 7% difference isnt that much *less than 300 damage difference if someone would deal 3k damage normally*

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=13d471eee16f185b <- for that one i moved the 100 dex point in vit for an extra 1% phys resist and another thousand HP, still having 15 crit% vs 20%

or I could throw the 100 points from dex to Mag to give that build about 2,000 more mag attack, still keeping the 15% crit.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    wait so if i go light i can still use my mag set too o-o?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wait so if i go light i can still use my mag set too o-o?

of course, but you sacrifice either magic attack or vit. (see my links)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LA is good up till 80 maybe 90 if you Plan to PVE, PVP it just dosnt cut it. and 90+ its Robes or you'll be a non factor. i used robed all the way, HP shards till 90 and Pdefence in high 9x, never did me no probs.

^ This is what I did, however I did not reshard to pdef until had my endgame gear at 100. Now I am full pdef sharded and still have good hp bc of refines b:dirty
    of course, but you sacrifice either magic attack or vit. (see my links)

b:cry I need the ring b:surrender

Other then that close to my build...minus some vit and with pdef shards versus HP. If you refine enough, the HP will be there. My reason for having higher vit, well that an cata team ep b:embarrass. Once I refine one more time = less vit.

However...the more vit you have the higher pdef you will have as well. That is y the +vit addition is better in a sense then +hp add-ons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    b:infuriated i still dont know .....................b:cry
    since im a vit cleric itd be better to go light anyway since the mag attck will be kinda the same o.o?
    the minor mag def loss doesnt seem to big of a prob o-o
    and when i hit 9x my gear will be +5 anyway b:shutup

UGH CANT CHOSEb:infuriated

-______________________________-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    i still dont know .....................b:cry
    since im a vit cleric itd be better to go light anyway since the mag attck will be kinda the same o.o?
    the minor mag def loss doesnt seem to big of a prob o-o
    and when i hit 9x my gear will be +5 anyway b:shutup

UGH CANT CHOSE

-______________________________-

Although for some reason my mag attack is off by about 500.....zzzz cannot figure it out, here is my build (fully buffed of course)--->

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6e5343664d028035

b:surrender Not the best but works for me b:cute

PS --> I do have an HP ring that adds about 300 hp for TW and another Mag Attk ring with 3 additions that I can change out depending on situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Although for some reason my mag attack is off by about 500.....zzzz cannot figure it out, here is my build (fully buffed of course)--->

PS --> I do have an HP ring that adds about 300 hp for TW and another Mag Attk ring with 3 additions that I can change out depending on situation.

*charges 100gold*

wat do i do now -_____________-

restat or not >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    just curious, why do a lot of clerics fully shard phys def?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a1dbd3bd6b004b6

if you do all citrines instead, you would have 1000 extra HP, with only a 7% physical reduction loss, (62% from 101 characters to 55%)

In my opinion it would be far better to have that HP since 7% difference isnt that much *less than 300 damage difference if someone would deal 3k damage normally*

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=13d471eee16f185b <- for that one i moved the 100 dex point in vit for an extra 1% phys resist and another thousand HP, still having 15 crit% vs 20%

or I could throw the 100 points from dex to Mag to give that build about 2,000 more mag attack, still keeping the 15% crit.
    For me, personally because i seen first hand how squishy a cleric with 10k HP was....it is disturbing to see someone double your hp take double the dmg, needless to say with exellent gear.
    *charges 100gold*

restat or not >_>
    save till lv90 :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    *charges 100gold*

restat or not >_>

b:chuckle
    save till lv90 :D

^ This

Wait till you are closer. There is no point in doing anything now, things will change between 80 and 90.

b:surrender We have talked about this Centetric <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2009

b:dirty Marry Me Rose, you think just like i do!
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=29c64a468101d264 < Me xD i have Diamond of Dragons in my Hat, Legs and Sleeves, 6 defence for -6% damage taken overall. it helps when im getting ganked.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    b:dirty Marry Me Rose, you think just like i do!
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=29c64a468101d264 < Me xD i have Diamond of Dragons in my Hat, Legs and Sleeves, 6 defence for -6% damage taken overall. it helps when im getting ganked.

b:chuckle

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]