LA v arcane clerics

124»

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Here's the thing --> Both builds are not bad. They are just for completely different play styles.

b:embarrass Why you got to bring me into this? And in all honesty, not sure how things would play out. We have not gone at it in about 10 levels and then I had all HP shards; had you asked me 10 levels ago before the gear and shards I have now, then I would have agreed with you.

It could be an interesting PvP fight (not duels they are lame).

Compare our two builds and I would say your crit MIGHT get me but my mag def is definitely higher and my pdef is very decent and of course there is Sage Plume Shell. If neither of us us any genie skills, pots, defense/attack charms, etc....even playing field imo for the most part.

Take out both of us being fully buffed and same thing.

My Build

Your Build (20% crit that you showed....yours is slightly different in armor and ornaments)
    (Add buffs when looking...did not add for some reason - Sage on both BM and WB)

The main difference --> You live and love PvP, therefore you are good at it and many people know "how" you do it and your series of attacks/skills, etc. There is no argument that you are good at PvP, the argument arises in you saying that you could beat many 9/10. I am not a huge fan of PvP and when I am in PvP I am primarily support. b:cute One more refine level and I go back to full-int...that will be fun!!

then once u go full int ull join back-hand with me b:pleased?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    then once u go full int ull join back-hand with me b:pleased?

b:shocked

I did not know you joined BackHand b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    b:shocked

I did not know you joined BackHand b:chuckle

o wait.............. im gonna bounce .............

kamisama KOS's us >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009

My Build

Your Build (20% crit that you showed....yours is slightly different in armor and ornaments)

The main difference --> You live and love PvP, therefore you are good at it and many people know "how" you do it and your series of attacks/skills, etc. There is no argument that you are good at PvP, the argument arises in you saying that you could beat many 9/10. I am not a huge fan of PvP and when I am in PvP I am primarily support. b:cute One more refine level and I go back to full-int...that will be fun!!
    Yeah he certainly talks like it. Dont spur the kid on Rose, if youve been on forums more than me already probably noticed his 'looky me notice me im bettrrrr' posts are increasing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    o wait.............. im gonna bounce .............

kamisama KOS's us >_>

LOL!!
    Yeah he certainly talks like it. Dont spur the kid on Rose, if youve been on forums more than me already probably noticed his 'looky me notice me im bettrrrr' posts are increasing.

And Deceptisar.....Phar and I go way back...we are even in the same guild b:chuckle

Phar = metal mage
    Me = Support

* whoever calls me Metal Mage bc of Kamisama...../rage*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    LOL!!

And Deceptisar.....Phar and I go way back...we are even in the same guild b:chuckle

Phar = metal mage
    Me = Support

*poke*

your a silly metal mage, you joined Kamisama.
    edited November 2009

Phar = metal mage
    Me = Support

I bet i can take him on with my build tho lol funny thing
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    *poke*

your a silly metal mage, you joined Kamisama.

*applies for personal KOS with Bob*

b:cry I'm not a Metal Mage!!!
    I bet i can take him on with my build tho lol funny thing

b:chuckle Would love to see it tbh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    *applies For Personal Kos With Bob*

B:cry I'm Not A Metal Mage!!!

>:o I Keel J00
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    >:o I Keel J00

b:dirty Let's PvP Bob b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    b:dirty Let's PvP Bob b:dirty

lemme catch up a bit first <_<

(and lemme find a lost credit card to upgrade my gears bit)

<_<
    >_>

edit: yay my avatar matches my lvl finally
    edited November 2009
    b:chuckle Would love to see it tbh!
    his build almost seems like a normal hp archer with low crit/DPS and above average elemental resist.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    how come they dont have the
    ★★Puzzle Cube Badge (with correct stats)
    in PW calc
    D:

and the warsong belts >_>

and the correct stats for the event capes <_<

........ they have the tomes and the boots tho..........

and lvl 8 tomes OMFG O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Here's the thing --> Both builds are not bad. They are just for completely different play styles.

b:embarrass Why you got to bring me into this? And in all honesty, not sure how things would play out. We have not gone at it in about 10 levels and then I had all HP shards; had you asked me 10 levels ago before the gear and shards I have now, then I would have agreed with you.

It could be an interesting PvP fight (not duels they are lame).

Compare our two builds and I would say your crit MIGHT get me but my mag def is definitely higher and my pdef is very decent and of course there is Sage Plume Shell. If neither of us us any genie skills, pots, defense/attack charms, etc....even playing field imo for the most part.

My Build

sorry if i didnt make it clear
    i meant that i can beat builds like urs 9 out of 10 and urs is way better than the other guy in surviving
    by no means i was directing to u personally b:shocked
  • Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ``````````````
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    sorry if i didnt make it clear
    i meant that i can beat builds like urs 9 out of 10 and urs is way better than the other guy in surviving
    by no means i was directing to u personally b:shocked

b:kiss Phar.....all good!!! b:chuckle

We are guildies after-all b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2009
    some of these posts remind me of that term;

"Confidence is great, over-estimation of oneself is not."
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    rose, in those builds you posted a few back, why does one cleric have a crit arrow added into it? i dont think those work on casters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    rose, in those builds you posted a few back, why does one cleric have a crit arrow added into it? i dont think those work on casters.

im not sure if it works or not, but heh, i have one just incase. makes my crit look pro b:pleased
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, but some of us love 1k more dmg in PvE, specially when we grind =P

Think that build was more end game tho- not sure i know many ppl still grinding @lvl 100+ O_O!
    To RedsRose and Deceptistar:

They say they have more survivability but I haven't seen any calculations/proof "why" they have more survivability.

Don't take this as me being argumentative I'm just looking for the facts to back this up.

Unless I'm doing some math wrong in my example, HP would be the better choice.

It can be quite subjective- some people tend to switch to phys sharding along side gear refinement increases so they will of course find their overall survivability has increased. Calculations wont show there being much of a difference in survivability between a hp sharded cleric and a phys sharded cleric tho as you say. In real game situations where you're getting hit with crits (most likely from EA's b:cry) the doubling of the damage difference between hp/phys sharding quickly negates the extra HP. Well... thats what I think at least b:chuckle
    theres 1 EA on harshlands who comes close to beating me, the rest are oneshot even without this combo. and you make it sound like im just gonna land and attempt to pull this combo out of the bag.

your DPS sucks, you magic defence is horrible and at endgame its Magic that is the killer. after ive played around with you (and ofc all i have to do is plume shell becouse that is GG for your buikd) ill sleep you after you exaused most of ur genie stamina, then easlily oneshot u. with 8K metal defence before debuffs ud have no chance.

Summery: a level 100+ Cleric Light armour cleric with a DPS output of a 8x FAILS.

lol i kinda agree with Pharaoh- those EA would struggle in LC! Why dont those EA stun outside of attack range? o_O?

Not sure why you think you could kill Pharaoh so easily. You did some calculations comparing wield thunder (think you need to check the 200% weapon magic attack addition plus overall damage output is proportionally lower in pvp) which is fair enough but a single attack plume shot to you would deal more damage than your wield thunder to him. =_= Plume shot is also a high DPS attack plus add to that the higher crit rate (which invariably makes a difference).

Not saying you cant beat him- just wanted to point out it wouldnt be quite as straightforward as you seem to think! ^_^
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
    edited November 2009
    It can be quite subjective- some people tend to switch to phys sharding along side gear refinement increases so they will of course find their overall survivability has increased. Calculations wont show there being much of a difference in survivability between a hp sharded cleric and a phys sharded cleric tho as you say. In real game situations where you're getting hit with crits (most likely from EA's b:cry) the doubling of the damage difference between hp/phys sharding quickly negates the extra HP. Well... thats what I think at least b:chuckle
    This kinda caught my eye. Im sure theres more to it than said and seen but to say it really simply; HP and Pdef shards work equally as good when the dmg is gradual. But when crits in pvp become involved, then the hp becomes pretty much worthless vs physical/magic but the pdef does have power to at least soften the physical crits
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Not Sure Why You Think You Could Kill Pharaoh So Easily. You Did Some Calculations Comparing Wield Thunder (think You Need To Check The 200% Weapon Magic Attack Addition Plus Overall Damage Output Is Proportionally Lower In Pvp) Which Is Fair Enough But A Single Attack Plume Shot To You Would Deal More Damage Than Your Wield Thunder To Him. =_= Plume Shot Is Also A High Dps Attack Plus Add To That The Higher Crit Rate (which Invariably Makes A Difference).

Not Saying You Cant Beat Him- Just Wanted To Point Out It Wouldnt Be Quite As Straightforward As You Seem To Think! ^_^

Qft .............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose