Mid mats farmers are causing issues

Options

Comments

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Not true. World bosses are often on mat spawns.

I always love hearing new people in faction when they first see one while flying towards a big patch of herbs. b:laugh

"Yay! There's lotsa Crane over here! And no one around tooooooooOMFG WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?!?!?!!?? GIANT SNAKE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wow you guys must either be mental or you can't read...... How do people get mats when you pigs are farming everyday. Read The post before posting ridiculous comment

It can be discouraging to sit around for 8 minutes waiting for a mat to spawn, only to have some lv85 dork with a 11m/s mount, 8 ping connection (fast fast), and a stopwatch run right up to the spawn point just as the mat appears & take it before you can even click...

"The current item is in use..." b:surrender sadness

But that's the nature of things, you have to compete with that un-employed dude who farms 24/7. He/she isn't greedy, probably they're trying to do the same thing as you, or trying to make coins to buy something they're wanting. But like everyone else on this thread, just do what we did- buck up bunnyfoofoo. pwdatabase.com/pwi is great 'cause you can check a map of the spawn points for mats and such I spent about 15 minutes putting a route together when I was level 40, farmed that for a few weeks (at the expense of leveling lol) and was able to buy my polar bear mount and hh60 in short order. g'luck &... oh **** there's already several pages of replies...
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I always love hearing new people in faction when they first see one while flying towards a big patch of herbs. b:laugh

"Yay! There's lotsa Crane over here! And no one around tooooooooOMFG WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?!?!?!!?? GIANT SNAKE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

woooo butterfly herbs, wooooo tulip, ahhhhhhh Ancient Spearman!!! b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

"A charcoal mine! I need that to finish making my weapon!"

Harpy Wraith deals 25903 damage
    You were killed by Harpy Wraith

It would be easier to find mid mats if players were not so greedy and got them to just sell rather than let people who need them, get them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hoot....
    <gets sidetracked chatting in FC>
    Start on herb...
    Gets one shotted by Harpy.

<insert curse here>

I "heard" it happened to someone I know....

@ Zoe - OK, this is getting really freaky.... <looks for the hidden can in the room>
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "A charcoal mine! I need that to finish making my weapon!"

It would be easier to find mid mats if players were not so greedy and got them to just sell rather than let people who need them, get them.
    Hoot....
    <gets sidetracked chatting in FC>
    Start on herb...
    Gets one shotted by Harpy.

<insert curse here>

I "heard" it happened to someone I know....

@ Zoe - OK, this is getting really freaky.... <looks for the hidden can in the room>

happened to me yesterday.....twice b:shocked
    i was like zmog so many high level apoth herbs yay~ and then....OH GAWD WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?? *SMACK*

so me go again but farther away. and me all happily gathering a red berry. then...
    *SMACK*
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    happened to me yesterday.....twice b:shocked
    i was like zmog so many high level apoth herbs yay~ and then....OH GAWD WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?? *SMACK*

so me go again but farther away. and me all happily gathering a red berry. then...
    *SMACK*
    b:shocked

Lucky you, Ive got a quest to kill her for 37k xp .... b:cry
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If the player is killing the mob on the mat spawn, then it only takes 20secs to wait and see if they are after the mat.

Is there really something wrong with just taking it while theyre distracted?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ok first of all mid mats are the mats that are least common to he found. Secondly people farm these mats all day and some people need mats for making there mode, equipment, twilight temple and increasing there manufacturing level. And not all of us want to buy mats from farmers cause there expensive and it is a rip off. Something must be done cause this is really ridiculous

Well...here's my answer...grind near spawning areas.

I farm mid and high mats every day...when I find them. I don't go on long mat runs, nor do I search every spot that there is...I hit a few mats on WQ runs, a few when I grind, and a few when I'm traveling to BH or whereever.

I throw the mats in the bank and use them to make wines for BHs, or to do whatever with. It's discouraging at times not to have them, but that's why I save 'em in the bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ~only read page 1~

I cant imagine the stupidity of this thread. Learn supply and demand please. If there are less people farming, the prices of the mats will go up because there is more demand (from BH/fb) and less supply.

Also, arnt you just saying this so you get less competition? rofl.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is there really something wrong with just taking it while theyre distracted?

nope.

if you use a veno to farm mats.. you can kill the mob and dig the mat at the same time, then you dont have to worry about mat ninjas.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    nope.

if you use a veno to farm mats.. you can kill the mob and dig the mat at the same time, then you dont have to worry about mat ninjas.
    ^ Yep exactly right bunny

2 things

1) If your not strong enough to dig the mat before someone else gets it you didn't deserve it in the first place.

2) No mats belong to anyone until it's in their inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^ Yep exactly right bunny

2 things

1) If your not strong enough to dig the mat before someone else gets it you didn't deserve it in the first place.

2) No mats belong to anyone until it's in their inventory.

*tuts* so many anti-social people who fell off the short bus play this game....

Good job I suppose some of us were brought up not dragged up by our parents
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options

Survival of the fittest people. I'm all for helping out others, I do so all the time. But when you need something you need it and you gotta get it by whatever means necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options

its a game, not real life.

I wouldnt give a person an inch on mats in the game, but if i saw someone drop money on the ground in the real world.. i would tell them or return it.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^That's true as well.

You might kill someone and take their coins in the game, but that doesn't make you a mugger or a murderer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^That's true as well.

You might kill someone and take their coins in the game, but that doesn't make you a mugger or a murderer.

Yes it does. People do in games what they are afraid to do in real life because of consequences in real life that do not exist in the game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Reroll on PvP server. KoS farmers of any kind (or KoS by...). Yes you guys too, herbs farmers b:scorn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes it does. People do in games what they are afraid to do in real life because of consequences in real life that do not exist in the game.

lol wtf... maybe for you, but that doesn't go for everyone else.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea, Im a risk taker in farming mats. I farm very close to World Bosses. Harpy Wraith adds to the fear lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options

WOW

That's some great logic there. Joking

Now seriously. By what your saying, anyone who plays Sim City thinks they are God, and whoever plays the bad guys on a 2 player 007 game is a terrorist. Are you really that dumb? People who CANT differenciate between a game and reality, most if not all of them act on it. Think about that. There aren't as many terrorists in this world as your logic would suggest.

You have a pretty bleak outlook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    nope.

Clerics are way more fun.

Put the mob to sleep, then start farming and pray they don't wake up before you're done. Takes the tedium out of the long farming session when you know your life could end in less than 10 seconds. b:laugh
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ^ lol i should make a cleric just for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WOW

Now seriously. By what your saying, anyone who plays Sim City thinks they are God, and whoever plays the bad guys on a 2 player 007 game is a terrorist. Are you really that dumb? People who CANT differenciate between a game and reality, most if not all of them act on it. Think about that. There aren't as many terrorists in this world as your logic would suggest.

Zoes partially true.
    Pple get angry easier ingame, pple are ruder in WC ingame, pple tend not to think twice thrice about scamming catshops ingame, pple do alot of things that, frankly if they had to meet the pple they do this to, would NOT do.
    Suppose for any action worth a ban, the company also auto-charged your bank account. The example is kinda absurd but the point still stands. Pple can get away with alot of things ingame, thus they do it. Even cheating on your spouse ingame b:chuckle just here pple do it 10 or so at a time more than RL lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WOW

She's saying that you can act out your crimes relatively consequence free if you feel like it in game, but you are bound at least by social rules in real life. Just because there aren't any TT mats to bank and run away with in real life doesn't mean the same said person doesn't have real life criminal intentions like stealing money. Intentions and actions are both criminal depending on who you debate with and how it came to be known. The very point is that the person can differentiate between game and real life, they will choose to act out their urges and find release in a consequence free environment as oppose to doing so in real life. It can be as simple as walking up to someone in real life vs in game and call them a nooblet and risk a beat down b:sad BTW, I play SimCity, and sadly I'm not God in real life, but I wouldn't mind being one. Probably need some great deeds of martyrdom or something.... but if I could, oh but if I could... b:victory
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WOW

As silly as it may sound, what Zoe is saying actualy has some backing if you look at psychology. So much so that they invented new treatments for psychological problems using virtual reality. Like the VA program to help soldiers with PTD, which uses virtual reality to help them gap the traumatic events and reality or the treatment for people with different phobias. It works in a similar way, because the people know that there are not RL consequences, they are more likely to act in a natural way, which helps with the treatment or mitigation of the issues.

MMOs are also being used to help people with mental disabilities and to teach them how to deal with other people, specificaly because of the fact that their actions have no RL consequences, which makes it easier for the people with the problem as well as for their caregivers.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Blds - Lost City
    Blds - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    OP you fail. Just because you said that, I'm going to find where you farm and outfarm your nodes on my 11 m/s mount

Then I will pk yo- oh wait, you're a QQing carebear
    9x Sage Wizard

Free to play! b:laugh
    Pay to win.b:cry
  • Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    OP you fail. Just because you said that, I'm going to find where you farm and outfarm your nodes on my 11 m/s mount

Then I will pk yo- oh wait, you're a QQing carebear

you do realize that everyone just laughs at you when you post on a level 2 account 0.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you do realize that everyone just laughs at you when you post on a level 2 account 0.o

However it is a step up from a generic account.... At least we know the level and name of one of his alts....
This discussion has been closed.