Mid mats farmers are causing issues

Options

Comments

• AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I can't believe people are still posting in this thread. Wow. So, I decided to do one last one. Woot!!

This is for all the mat farmers out there. Keep up the good work.b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Distracted? Oh is that what you call someone under attack from mobs, distracted?

What I love most about this rude mentality toward someone fighting for their mats is this same person that yanks my mat expects me to be nice to them in the game later.

DUH... you yank my mat out from under me while I'm "distracted" & I hate you forever. Simple as that.
    Again, I ask, how am I supposed to read your mind and know that you're fighting that mob specifically to get that mat? Most people outgrew the "I saw it first so it's mine" mentality around kindergarten.

I can understand if we both see it, and you charge in to attack the mob, then I'll leave the mat to you. But if I'm riding/flying by and see a mat with you fighting nearby, Occam's Razor says you're likely grinding on those mobs, and I will grab the mat. I'm not going to sit and wait for you to finish. It's a waste of my time, and for all I know the mat spawned after you started fighting and you'd just use my politeness to take a mat that really should go to me.

If it really bugs you, just jump up and start flying the instant you see someone start heading for that mat. The mob will disengage from you, and most of the time they will attack the other person when they start to mine, leaving you free to grab the mat. (The rest of the time, the mob will run back to its spawn point, which happens to be nowhere near the mat. If that's the case, you could've done this from the beginning to move the mob off the mat without fighting it.)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Again, I ask, how am I supposed to read your mind and know that you're fighting that mob specifically to get that mat? Most people outgrew the "I saw it first so it's mine" mentality around kindergarten.

It's very simple and you know it. If there's a mat with a person fighting a mob at agro range from it, they probably intend to mine it.
    Personally what I do it stop, sit nearby and let them finish their mob. If the mine the mat, I move on, they obviously intended to farm it. If they move off to fight another mob, it's fair game.

You don't have to wait. Technically it's first come first served. All it means is you're a rude jerk. Usually I find it's the rich, well off players who do this. Obviously they obtained their wealth through greed.

Mat farming is fine. Everyone needs to make a bit of money and mats are there for everyone. Just remember, players are all real life human beings, try to be polite to your fellow player.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People do not have the right to declare a mat spawn position as their own. If they are attacking mobs to get the mat once then move on its a whole different ball game.

There are so many different situations that can occur when it comes to this situation. I am willing to bet that a large %age of people who complain about people taking mats were just as greedy and just got ousted and are upset about it.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I farming high mats...
    I've made everything i have with mats farming... At lv77 i ride a Hell Hound, have Shiftshadow, i have fashion sets, all pet slots, all molds for my lvl (and for future use too)...
    Mats farming and selling is a common and good thing... I'm not farming mats 24/7, only 3-4 hours per day... I can spend that time with grinding but it not gives that much money, cause high mats on my server sells for 4k/piece easily and fast.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    When I grab mats, I only grab exactly what I need. If I don't need that mine to make my next item, I don't grab it. I save them for the other people who need them to make their gear.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yes....me am involved in all. yes....yes...
    2471627784_8c46e41a6e.jpg?v=0

also those are just rabid gerbils you saw Aelebera. (>.<) not mutants.
    xD

also bleh bowlinbob me made a typoo me meant when me was mining the mine itself (like me have 20-80% complete) a cleric would just sleep me which stops me mining then stroll up mine it all and be long gone before sleep wears off.
    b:infuriated
    D:

<3 kittie magic
    see magic is all around b:nosebleed
    b:dirty
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not going to sit and wait for you to finish. It's a waste of my time,

Ignore that mat and move on then, your time is no more important than anyone elses and skipping the odd mat isnt going to kill you.
    But then again its not surprising, since the lack of common courtesy towards fellow players seems to be the norm in all aspects of MMO's
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    WOWZA! This thread is still open???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ignore that mat and move on then, your time is no more important than anyone elses and skipping the odd mat isnt going to kill you.
    But then again its not surprising, since the lack of common courtesy towards fellow players seems to be the norm in all aspects of MMO's

Its sorta the way Soccer works as you get into higher and higher levels of play.

Instead of people having more repsect for their fellow players like when you are kids they know if they don't cheat or fake injuries the opponent will.

The nice guy will always be given the backhand from his fellow player because of the cycle that has started earlier.

Thats why I like when a power guild shows to an Oracle spot and Pk's people who try to jump in line. Of course there is always the other side where they will not allow anyone else to do it either.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If I ignored everything and moved on every time I saw someone standing there who might take the mat or attack the mob, I would have to pass up half the game.

Courtesy developed as a means to make life go by more effectively by letting the better cooperative solution win out over a worse individually selfish solution. If I've already opened the door, I'll hold it open for the person behind me because it takes less effort for me to hold the door open than for them to have to open it again. The best choice for me would be to let the door shut behind me - I gain nothing by holding the door open for the next guy. But if I hold the door open for him, and next trip he happens to be in front and holds the door open for me, then across the two trips we've both expended less effort than if we'd let the door shut behind us.

Your proposal for people to pass up opportunities simply because someone else might take advantage of them results in a less effective society. People would pass up mat mines which they could've gotten, and it turned out the person fighting near them had no intention of grabbing the mine. That would result in fewer mats available on the market, resulting in higher prices for the mats It's courtesy and manners gone amok.

Again, if it's clear that your intentions are to grab that mine (I see you trying to avoid the mob to get the mat a couple times, or you state that you are trying to get the mine), then I will let you have it. But if the situation is ambiguous, I will choose the action which is most beneficial for society as a whole - which is to grab the mine.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

b:shocked
    lol Cernunnosx probably takes the mats for himself when their back is turned!
    b:chuckle

jk jk
    but still if it's just there then take it...
    if they killing mobs like directly on top of it. ASK.
    (unless you really really reaaaally need/want it)
    <---has a severe lack of mid level iron and too much rubstone/coal
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I will choose the action which is most beneficial for society as a whole - which is to grab the mine.

Lol BS, just be honest you dont care about "whats beneficial for society" (ingame not RL )you only care whats beneficial for you .

. That would result in fewer mats available on the market, resulting in higher prices for the mats It's courtesy and manners gone amok.

Or more people get mats for their own personal use instead of having to buy them, but damn those poor poor kitty bots might have 10 less mats to sell...
    lol Cernunnosx probably takes the mats for himself when their back is turned!

I dont need to, I just get the mats that I need (for BH wines etc) and if I have enough for myself in storage then I dont farm.
    and If im grinding near a mat spot in heaven or hell and a farmer wants the mat cleared of mobs I will help. Im here to play the game and have fun, not to be a greedy **** . b:victory
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lol BS, just be honest you dont care about "whats beneficial for society" (ingame not RL )you only care whats beneficial for you .

I dont need to, I just get the mats that I need (for BH wines etc) and if I have enough for myself in storage then I dont farm.
    and If im grinding near a mat spot in heaven or hell and a farmer wants the mat cleared of mobs I will help. Im here to play the game and have fun, not to be a greedy **** . b:victory

uh...it's more beneficial to grab the mat yourself.
    grabbing the mat yourself = mat respawn timer starts = more mats in game for all. more mats in game = lower prices. (unless someone be a prick and somehow gets all mats for himself which in itself is hard to do. O.o')

<---me grab all mats so me can sell at a low price to buy the mats me need for the specific wine me need & to make me own ulti subs.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I was mining a fine coal mine near a grinding spot once and a player came up and hit me. I knew that plenty of people wanted the midmats so I just immediately backed up to let him know that I wasn't going to fight him for the mat, then he PKed me and mined the mat. >_> Good times...

I always ask if someone needs the mat if they're fighting a mob nearby. Or I just watch and wait...if after the mob they go for the mine they wanted it, if not I take it. Once I was mining and got hit by a mob and was interrupted, so an archer (who was flying right next to me and saw the situation) immediately started mining it. I slept him just after he finished mining it, and then he attacked me for a while while I healed myself and took care of the mob. Then I twoshot him..still didn't get the mat I wanted though. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Aadi only be teh 7 levels away...
    she be within striking distance~
    lolcat_pewpew.jpg
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Aadi only be teh 7 levels away...
    she be within striking distance~
    lolcat_pewpew.jpg

All I do is WQ anymore. Don't have time for anything else...so you'll catch up in no time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If I ignored everything and moved on every time I saw someone standing there who might take the mat or attack the mob, I would have to pass up half the game.
    Again, if it's clear that your intentions are to grab that mine (I see you trying to avoid the mob to get the mat a couple times, or you state that you are trying to get the mine), then I will let you have it.

That's my point. You don't need to stop and wait every time you see another player afk in the area when you're going for a mat. Just use your own judgement. If they're right beside the mat fighting off mobs or running directly towards the mat, they're clearly aiming for it. Just be polite and move on to the next.

A mid mat on sanc is like 3-4k or so. That's less that 1 cent in value. I don't see why people have to be so rude about it, it's not like they're worth anything, until you put a great deal of them together. Losing a single mat or two out of courtesy is insignificant to anyone's profit. The greed and ignorance of some players knows no bounds =/
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    uh...it's more beneficial to grab the mat yourself.
    grabbing the mat yourself = mat respawn timer starts = more mats in game for all. more mats in game = lower prices. (unless someone be a prick and somehow gets all mats for himself which in itself is hard to do. O.o')

<---me grab all mats so me can sell at a low price to buy the mats me need for the specific wine me need & to make me own ulti subs.

Agreed. Just wait around 10? minutes and another mat will pop up. As has probably been stated before, the ones that do those runs don't have it perfectly timed. And if you see them pop up on your map, and you're right beside the mat... no amount of 11m/sec mount is gonna stop you from getting it.

And there, both of you have a mat. Yay you. And if you pick up mats where you're questing/grinding, you'll most likely be there more than 10 minutes, so, don't give me **** about never being able to get mats.

I mean, I don't have major issues finding mats for ulti subs, even though all I have is a .5 manta and summer's sprint.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:sad
    but me can't do BHs anymore.
    D:
    darn wine cost is just too much.
    (T.T)'

also what about your stone of teh crazy?
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    but me can't do BHs anymore.
    D:
    (T.T)'

also what about your stone of teh crazy?

Wines - 60k
    CS - 75k

I stopped doing CS cause it cost too much money, then I realized BH costs nearly as much so I stopped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so that explains where me monies has been going.
    crazy stone is EVIL~!
    b:angry
    hmm this could be a problem.

phase 1.5 of me evil plan has hit a roadblock.
    D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Take your own advice and farm your own mats b:victory
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Take your own advice and farm your own mats b:victory

me do...
    >.>
    but me need high level mats which me can't reach yet to mine effectively. (mobs too strong.)

and what me do have are mid level mats which me am going to sell wholesale (about 3k-4k each) or change into subs.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    so that explains where me monies has been going.
    crazy stone is EVIL~!
    b:angry
    hmm this could be a problem.

phase 1.5 of me evil plan has hit a roadblock.
    D:

CS gets pricier at 81, silly billy. You don't have to pay as much as I do. I stopped at 80 though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wickedichigo
    wickedichigo Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are you really complaining about people farming to make gear/money? Broaden your view and think about what these kind of games are about. What are you gonna complain about next? Higher level people killing a boss faster than you? Here's a tip for you if you are still complaining about farmers. Get a timer, sit your **** on/near the spawn point(s) and wait for 10 minutes.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Are you really complaining about people farming to make gear/money? Broaden your view and think about what these kind of games are about. What are you gonna complain about next? Higher level people killing a boss faster than you? Here's a tip for you if you are still complaining about farmers. Get a timer, sit your **** on/near the spawn point(s) and wait for 10 minutes.

flame much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    flame much?

Pours Gasoline on the floor.... hands Alexeno a match... lets get this party started!

~Saitada
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Pours Gasoline on the floor.... hands Alexeno a match... lets get this party started!

~Saitada

i promised myself i'd stop trolling tho D8

-twitch-

-twitch twitch-

T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Alexano
    (>.<)
    teh seaweed theifs have a message for you. (o.O)'
    Seaweed Theif: Join us.....
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.