Mid mats farmers are causing issues

Options

Comments

• Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Get a mount so you can race the farmers to the mats and shut the hell up. Too much QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Most of the time people do not get the mats to use them. They get them to sell them for obsene prices.

I disagree. I farm mats for wines, subs, and to make items. I do not sell them at obscene prices. ( I have not ever sold mats )

Although the thought has crossed my mind as of late to farm and sell at current market value...
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_Void - Harshlands
    Dark_Void - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well its like this "the early bird cathces the worm" So less QQ and more Effort b:chuckle
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wow you guys must either be mental or you can't read...... How do people get mats when you pigs are farming everyday. Read The post before posting ridiculous comment

So let me get this stright... the pigs are farming mats that you want to farm. so essentially you want to become a pig? did i get that right?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its the same people everyday that farm mats on their mapped out route. Why i know.. cause i grind mobs alot and see the same people every time grabbing mats.
    Best thing to do..
    is stay in one spot where there is a few spawned close.
    Grind mobs till the mats spawn, and grab the mats before the farmers come.
    I do it all the time.... sometimes just to **** off the mat farmers.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ehh I see the issue, yea it sucks when you lose a mine. lol

But remember, mid mats are "different" They sub mats, so everyone 60+ is gonna farm them. TT90 gear has an insane sub cost(TT80 and TT90-99 is even worse).

I usually have no problem farming, I have a set path that I repeat over and over, and well, it works lolb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I disagree. I farm mats for wines, subs, and to make items. I do not sell them at obscene prices. ( I have not ever sold mats )

Although the thought has crossed my mind as of late to farm and sell at current market value...

It's very profitable, I have seen many mid-mat farmers catshop near the wine maker. Price goes as high as 8K per mat. The best I've seen was one catshop sitting right above TT Mats Forge selling 300 of each mat for 6K a pop... I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back with a maxed out cowshop in a few days b:laugh

To the OP, you can find a route, farm it like they do and stop when you have enough, or you can grind in a mat rich place and wait for the surrounding mats to regen. The typical farmer doesn't make the round exactly on time with the regen because their route is slighter longer than 10 minutes. And most of them don't really care if they lose a few mats to you in your grinding area. If one of the farmers gets angry at you or pisses you off, just follow him/her on their rounds, take down each of his/her coords, time it so that you'll always arrive to dig just before they get there. Even on those very well timed rounds, you can still get even with him/her by skipping one of the coords, leap frog, wait ahead and end up grabbing at least half the mats each round. b:victory
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Get a mount so you can race the farmers to the mats and shut the hell up. Too much QQ.

Nah not race....its more fun to annoy someone and cut infront of their mat run
    edited November 2009
    Options

Alternately, Go Tiger Form if you have Sage/Demon True Form, you run just as fast as a mount if not a slight bit less lol

:PP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    LOL! I can see you you are upset but you CAN get the mats if you WANT. It's quite simple, log in just after server maintenance with a specific area in mind and then farm that area till you get the mats you need. I used to farm mats in the Swamp when I was lvl 60 or so, and I actually ran to each mat, cause yeah, I didn't have a mount. Bottom line, if you want, you can. Another suggestion is to grind near some mats and farm those while you're grinding. I doubt there is a person farming mats all the time, just different people at different times. I got sick of farming mats after I got my Kirin, so now I only farm mats when I do quests/grind and the mines happen to spawn right next to me. In time they add up.
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Alrighty this thread was started about 3 hours ago... in that time while you where QQing I didnt even farm mid mats, I farmed low mats around Lost. I farmed about 120 log, 120 pig iron, 120 sandstone, 120 coal dust, and about 500 nectar.. my net profit while you QQ'd is very close to 1.5mill... i bet you that with that coin i could buy that gear you're trying to make already made instead of you wishing you could get a few mats. Sometimes it pays off to thing logically instead of with anger..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Selling to sellers is a viable option too, as some are starting to buy fairly high. Especially if you don't catshop often for various reasons.

I rather like it when I find someone buying for 4-5k each (even if they're selling at 5-6k) and just drop off like 2mil in mats. b:chuckle
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Im normally a mild mannered Janitor ( +1 if you get the retro Referance )

But what does annoy me, is when you are killing a mob on a mat spawn and some Anti-social fat Emo **** swoops in and takes it. b:angry

Always makes me wonder if

A ) They are botting

or

B ) Were dropped on their head at birth
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Alrighty this thread was started about 3 hours ago... in that time while you where QQing I didnt even farm mid mats, I farmed low mats around Lost. I farmed about 120 log, 120 pig iron, 120 sandstone, 120 coal dust, and about 500 nectar.. my net profit while you QQ'd is very close to 1.5mill... i bet you that with that coin i could buy that gear you're trying to make already made instead of you wishing you could get a few mats. Sometimes it pays off to thing logically instead of with anger..

you can seriously get 1.5 mil from just 120 logs, 120 pig iron, 120 sandstone, 120 coal dust, and 500 nectar?
    b:shocked
    whut??
    either your overcharging like mad or you has some sort of secret item you didn't list.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't mind someone swooping in and grabbing a mat when you're killing the mob camping it, so much as someone hovering out of range of the mobs waiting for SOMEONE to kill them so they can swoop in and grab a mat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • hallsvaporaction
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Im normally a mild mannered Janitor ( +1 if you get the retro Referance )

But what does annoy me, is when you are killing a mob on a mat spawn and some Anti-social fat Emo **** swoops in and takes it. b:angry

Always makes me wonder if

A ) They are botting

or

B ) Were dropped on their head at birth

I hear you, my anthropomorphic doggie friend. b:chuckle I've had it happen to me a bit too. Now I check the minimap for green dots and ground for aerogear shadows before I kill a mob near a mat. Too many classy players just swoop in and take your prize if you are not careful. b:laugh
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lol, your QQs amuse me. :D

I have 2 TT90 sets to make, so 10x12 subs = 120 subs. My friend and I also duo low-mid TTs on our venos for money to buy our mats, so we go though at least 5-6 subs per day. I'm not going to dish out pocket money to buy subs or use all my tokens, so gtfo, I'm going to farm mid mats all I want. Learn where the mats spawn and try to compete; QQing does nothing but irritate others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you can seriously get 1.5 mil from just 120 logs, 120 pig iron, 120 sandstone, 120 coal dust, and 500 nectar?
    b:shocked
    whut??
    either your overcharging like mad or you has some sort of secret item you didn't list.
    xD

no prices in HT are about 2k for logs, sandstone, and pig iron. about 1k for coaldust, and 1200-1500 per nectar.. thats actually closer to 1,420,000 coins
    not hard to do and not to time consuming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Um guys the dude that started the thread poofed no reason for more responses really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People are supposed to read your mind and know that you were killing that mob just to get the mat spawn? That makes about as much sense as getting angry that someone "stole" your mob that you were running at to attack.

If they're standing there waiting for you to attack, then grab it, then I can understand getting angry. But if you're attacking and they happen to run/fly by, see the mat, and grab it, they probably just thought you were grinding on the mobs or needed them for a quest.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    People are supposed to read your mind and know that you were killing that mob just to get the mat spawn? That makes about as much sense as getting angry that someone "stole" your mob that you were running at to attack.

If they're standing there waiting for you to attack, then grab it, then I can understand getting angry. But if you're attacking and they happen to run/fly by, see the mat, and grab it, they probably just thought you were grinding on the mobs or needed them for a quest.

If the player is killing the mob on the mat spawn, then it only takes 20secs to wait and see if they are after the mat.

Just seems a lot of players are willing to sell their grannie's for 1 timber
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If the player is killing the mob on the mat spawn, then it only takes 20secs to wait and see if they are after the mat.

Just seems a lot of players are willing to sell their grannie's for 1 timber

That is not true.... I have seen people killing the mob on the mat spawn where it took 30minutes + or even hours....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That is not true.... I have seen people killing the mob on the mat spawn where it took 30minutes + or even hours....

They need to restat then or not send lvl 10 char into lvl 110 mobs , since no mob takes that long to kill.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    They need to restat then or not send lvl 10 char into lvl 110 mobs , since no mob takes that long to kill.

Not true. World bosses are often on mat spawns.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Try telling that to a squad killing WBs....

dang Zoe beat me to it
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • hallsvaporaction
    edited November 2009
    Options

Old tree root under Sword Tamer....b:laugh
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Um guys the dude that started the thread poofed no reason for more responses really.

Ehh its a good topic we can all relate tob:laugh

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Old tree root under Sword Tamer....b:laugh

Sword tamer isnt a mob, he's a boss.. a tiny bit differant, and he only took us 3 hours anyway, pfft so they can wait for the root :p
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no prices in HT are about 2k for logs, sandstone, and pig iron. about 1k for coaldust, and 1200-1500 per nectar.. thats actually closer to 1,420,000 coins
    not hard to do and not to time consuming

wow your prices are wack.
    ours is like 500 for lowbie mats. necter = like 100 coins each. X_x'
    mid apoth goes for 500 coins each... b:shocked
    o.o'
    and me thought PvP servers were suppose to be more expensive.
    (>.<)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you can make 250k/hr grinding (which I consider to be on the low end at level 80+ considering I could hit nearly 200k/hr with a level 30 cleric, but I'm trying to make this argument favor your POV), that's 69.4 coin/sec. Waiting 20 sec has an opportunity cost of 1389 coin, which depending on the mat involved is usually 1/3rd to 1/2 the value of the mat itself. IMHO it's not worth it to wait doing nothing. Either grab it and go, or leave it and go. Waiting is the worst choice.

Edit: I suppose you could ask the guy, but in my experience most people take even longer to reply.
This discussion has been closed.