Moron Barbs

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Not that anyone cares, but I think I'll be washing my hands of this fail about now. -_- I'll just say this and then I'm most likely going to stop posting in this thread:

OP, you rightfully pointed out that there is a problem with moronic barbs... namely, their ego. We do indeed need more attention to this issue and quite a few barbs could probably do with a good humbling.

That being said, the wording in which you defend your points and your subsequent relial on arguments of pure statistics (which I've never had any taste for) have pretty much led me to conclude I don't want to defend those points any further. :P IMO you would do well to attempt a little more tact in your arguments in the future... or at least not post drunk... but that's just my two cents.

I leave you all with this thought: play casually, play respectfully, and think outside the box. It's a game, not a test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    OP, you rightfully pointed out that there is a problem with moronic barbs... namely, their ego. We do indeed need more attention to this issue and quite a few barbs could probably do with a good humbling.

My last word on the subject - I would modify that paragraph, subtituting "barbs" for "(insert each class here)".

Single-ing out barbs for abuse is one thing - asserting that everyone else (and "fist" BM's specifically, fer FSM's sake) are more informed/more professional/smarter/more adult than barbs will get you Pimp-Slapped by me, any day.

RedMenace

\back to grinding
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Ok, have you looked up the barb aggro skill mechanics? Because i have been in squads with barbs (90+) who cannot hold aggro where i could. Its not that i am bragging about my 'skill' as a barb, i just researched someones work and applied. Dont be so afraid of your chi usage to ignore alternating DEVOUR in with your flesh reams. Yes, you will have to work harder at alternating your skills to keep your chi up, so u don't get to be lazy (unless your veno will keep you sparked up). And yes, devour does not generate the same amount of hate as flesh ream, but it will stack with it, where roar does not. When you see barbs using roar with their flesh reams, look out for part wipes.

I have been playing the barb role from back before christmas last year (yeah, slow lvler, i know) and I have seen a disturbing trend with the newer barbs who have always had a high lvl buddy or faction mate tank their bosses. When its their turn, they only think they know what to do. DONT BABY YOUR BARBS, TEACH THEM, PLS. Also, i have never met a BM who can hold or steal aggro from me yet (if I am tanking that is). However, I haven't seen a lot of fist BM's either so...whatever.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It was great! There were three clerics on me, and I got one-shotted four or five times.

b:embarrass your comprehension of great* is beyond me....
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:embarrass your comprehension of great* is beyond me....

Lol

Thats cause its fun to test our limits sometimes.

Im trying to solo most of the mini-bosses i get from quests even if it cost a lot in pots, its a lot of fun to write in faction chat, "I soloed it!" XD and then Lol at those asking way higher lvls that almost one-shot the boss to help them XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blds - Lost City
    Blds - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree that Barbs are as important as they'd like to think they are

But I can assure you at level 77 even without Undine I could have pulled aggro from you if I wanted to.

@RedMenace

Barbs are the only class I see who demand to get a free run without paying the wine cost

No thanks; I'll take the Veno with a Herc for bh69.
    9x Sage Wizard

Free to play! b:laugh
    Pay to win.b:cry
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm gonna just say
    SkullCrusher
    /endthread
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009

But I can assure you at level 77 even without Undine I could have pulled aggro from you if I wanted to.

@RedMenace

Barbs are the only class I see who demand to get a free run without paying the wine cost

Clerics are worse....

On Topic: Yeah this thread needs to end lol, The main point was made, it doesnt matter who tanks. The rest are opinions and suchb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009

@RedMenace

gl doing that you will need a barb or bm with high hp to do pole or the most pro non laggy squad you can get as for gaurmob not every veno can do him easily but its probally possible not sure though
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The moron barbs I've run into have been cut drastically since I hit 80 (on both chars). It's actually pretty interesting to watch barbs tank from BH29 and on, and you'll slowly see how they learn about aggro skills, aggro in general, and making use (i.e. successful use) of alacrity. The biggest test to see how far a barb has done comes in BH51 when they are 60+. Watch how they approach the very first monsters. If they attack only one and don't use any aggro skill or hit every monster that's attacking them, clerics are in for a ride unless a bm or veno can substitute for their stupidity. Then, their attempts at Wyvern to cancel his AOE.

When I do Polearm and Gaurnob as my cleric in BH69 I time my heals between their spells the same way a barb should time their FR's and chi building, and wait for puri/chrome when I see them casting the same time they should be timing alacrity. By the time you get to this level you should understand timing which is absolutely essential. Even then, there's SOME barbs I run into who are fail, but my experience with them after 80 is few and far between. To this date I have only ever ONCE been on a BH69 where every single Gaurnob and Polearm debuff/aoe was canceled.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i'm suprised this thread is still alive, considering the title itself is a flame on barbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thats cause barbs get no respect lol. and to be fair, pole and guarNUB are tough to time for cancels, they seem to have relatively quick channeling.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Even then, there's SOME barbs I run into who are fail, but my experience with them after 80 is few and far between. To this date I have only ever ONCE been on a BH69 where every single Gaurnob and Polearm debuff/aoe was canceled.
    i ALMOST been on a run where this barb canceled almost all the aoes xD there. He set himself to a rhythm and a tick tock clock counter so it took him about 3 misses for him to start his set up, but after that he canceled every single aoe/debuff :D i admit it was rare and was lucky for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i ALMOST been on a run where this barb canceled almost all the aoes xD there. He set himself to a rhythm and a tick tock clock counter so it took him about 3 misses for him to start his set up, but after that he canceled every single aoe/debuff :D i admit it was rare and was lucky for us.

I squadded with another barb for a TW run...his timing was the best I've ever seen. It was pretty funny on one boss where he mistimed one aoe...he was cursing himself the rest of the run. No one died, heck I don't think anyone's charm even ticked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
    edited November 2009
    I squadded with another barb for a TW run...his timing was the best I've ever seen. It was pretty funny on one boss where he mistimed one aoe...he was cursing himself the rest of the run. No one died, heck I don't think anyone's charm even ticked.
    ....o_____0!?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ....o_____0!?

TT run...sorry for the confusion...I only work about 70 hours a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2009

hell, as a veno when I did my FB 59, I was pissed to high heavens when the tank barb wined (with his own wine mind you - and never asked for any payment either) the instance. I hate wine.

I'm doing my barbs 59 the way its meant to be - no wine. I just think personally those who wine their runs are just lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
    edited November 2009
    hell, as a veno when I did my FB 59, I was pissed to high heavens when the tank barb wined (with his own wine mind you - and never asked for any payment either) the instance. I hate wine.

I'm doing my barbs 59 the way its meant to be - no wine. I just think personally those who wine their runs are just lazy.
    You should try fb89 and 99. Youll be kicked from squad without second thoughts if u insist its unwined b:chuckle i know a duo veno who did fb89, said it took them 6hrs ^^ seriously like we all have that kinda time, especially when nowadays we have BHs.

Those who wine fb51 and below witha lvl 75+ at their side are lazy. Those who run and wine 69+ are saving on time and charm and repairs, plus they dont have their own tanking pets.
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You should try fb89 and 99. Youll be kicked from squad without second thoughts if u insist its unwined b:chuckle

Bit differant on HT, most BH Edens are run unwined since its a quick run, but granted Brim (mostly) and 99 are wined
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I'm not sure about lazy, it's just a smarter thing to do. For those that can afford it, why not? FB59 is just a one time expense for the tabber, and since he/she'll be getting their 2 spark skills, plus like 320k spirit (if i'm not mistaken?). I think quite a few people will shell out the 300k for a one time expense to have an easier time on their run, both doing the run, and finding people to help.

I generally look down on helping with unwined FB59s, since, honestly, its not that much XP considering all that time you spend in there, I can get more XP doing my own BHs and whatnot. It's not much incentive for me to spend 2+ hours in a dungeon with little xp, and no financial rewards. It only makes sense for helpers to have a preference for wines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Essentially, this post is a wake-up call to all groups forming for BH quests to take a good BM and just not invite barbs.

As an ex healer and now archer, I catch a lot of class profiling for being an archer. A lot of players assume I just try to steal aggro on purpose for every mob. A lot of the time, When in squad I'm on my own when it comes to healing. Many healers wont heal you or say your doing it intentionally. I've also had barbs say if I take aggro I can have it. To which I replied, That's fine, My defense is good enough. In other words I don't need your "protection" from mobs. Truthfully, I've partied with about 3 good Bm's in my 66 levels as an archer that did very well stunning and dealing massive damage. I would much rather have a blademaster in my party than barbarians usually. However the only reason this is not possible is because of alphamale. I can probably count the times on one hand when the normal aggro hold skill works properly. I can tell when someone does not use it or is lazy with the aggro hold because the mobs are on me instantly which is mostly the case. Even after waiting for them to use the skills, which don't work Even if I remove my tome, rings and use +3 attack bolts instead of +75 bolts. MY first thought is that the barb is unable to hold aggro, yes with no mp skills, so a blademaster can do the same job right now. That usually applies to bosses too. Since I take take aggro with no effort and pausing between attacks and crits. I can easily take the mob if I am not careful. The same strategy could be used to kill a boss with a bm tanking. Of course there are barbs who know the skill,s have them leveled and use them and they can hold aggro. Those are my favorite barbs because I can just use mp skill and deal damage to my full capabilities and drop mobs. Can't do that in any situation with Bm's. Even ones 10 levels higher usually.

It would make life alot easier if Bm's had an aggro skill as well. I would rather have a BM who is strong enough to tank but deals more damage and holds aggro than always relying on barbs. There are some Bm's who actually have enough defense to tank and hp and they know what's going on.I've been lucky enough only to run into one or 2 barbs with bad attitudes. I got lucky enough to kill one. Out of nowhere he said he would "Own me" so I gave him a shot at the title. Of course he said running in a duel was cheating. The other one was a beginner in bh29 so I just let it go. I'll invite Bm's anytime most are chill.

Regards
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Be able to Play Barbs and Clerics in the New expansion:

The Rising Diva's
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009

The first time you attempt Brimstone run unwined, you'll never go in without again. Guaranteed. Between basic Mag mobs, Leechers, Archers that run AND AoE (super charged Acephalids SUCK...) and the fact that they literally couldn't pack more mobs in there if they tried...oh! And everything is a runner. And fast. I'm fairly durable, and game for just about anything...but when I get to the point I start getting BH in there, I'll probably want to cry.

Not to worry though...there will still be *BLEEP*tons of mobs in there for you to play with. b:laugh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    EDIT lol I just replied to a first page post.... I am NOT gonna read this whole thread. >.<
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mysiopa - Dreamweaver
    Mysiopa - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As a cleric, I prefer a Barb to tank over a BM. Setting aside the attitudes (BM: b:pleased I'm so awesome I can solo 5 mobs at once without a cleric. Barb: Q-Q My repair costs are high I'm not paying wine!) and experience/talent at playing their class, I generally have less problems with Barbs as tanks.

They have more HP and if I lag, they can take a hit or two while I recover. More Phys-Def than a Sword/Fist BM of equal level (If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me). If the **** hits the fan and I or another skwishy gets aggro, 90% of the time Barb can flesh ream it back before anyone dies. Barbs have lower crit and lower damage rate than BM's...but hey, they're not there to hit hard, they're there to *be* hit hard. b:chuckle

With the Barbs I work with a lot, they even let me attack when I get sparks b:cute I just call out 'Spark!' and they Invoke the Spirit. I hit for about 5-8k depending on the boss, and they take 50-150 damage per hit. With an uncharmed BM, I have to keep the heals up constantly.

However, I would never say no to a BM to tank, unless it was ridiculous (eg a BM 10 levels lower than the boss). I'd rather have them for DD's though.b:victory
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Then 59 is the last one you would be thinking that in. Try Gaurnob/Pole or Linus/Transient without wines. It ain't a matter of being lazy but not spending HOURS on a BH when you can farm mats for 30-50 mins and save yourself and a squad a ****-ton of time. I don't know anyone who would enjoy doing those kinds of BH runs for that long.. every day, sometimes twice a day.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Then 59 is the last one you would be thinking that in. Try Gaurnob/Pole or Linus/Transient without wines. It ain't a matter of being lazy but not spending HOURS on a BH when you can farm mats for 30-50 mins and save yourself and a squad a ****-ton of time. I don't know anyone who would enjoy doing those kinds of BH runs for that long.. every day, sometimes twice a day.

What is more, try running a BH69 at 87+ and tell me how much exp you get from the mobs and how long it takes you to run it unwined....

It is not being lazy, it is being time effective and not waste people's time.

Now, if you are running FB69 at 70ish, you actualy get great exp and drops from the mobs, but once get 10-15 levels highers, you get pretty much nothing...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Beatrixxx - Lost City
    Beatrixxx - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    gonna try to keep topic....

fist bm tanking is of cource best after they have some -interval gear... but can be done in some earlier fbs...

<69 idk i never did them as bh much i was higher level when bh came out... 59 is mag bosses so a 6x fist bm might have trouble

69 unless u have 2 eps or a 9x fistbm id recommend a barb

79 if there is a fist bm in pt(with reasonable gears) he will be a fine tank and id even say maybe a better tank then a barb since the bosses are phys dmg and no aoes so no rly any trouble for a bm and with a proper fist bm noone will steal aggro (i am currently lv 91 i do my bhs with all 9x sometimes 10x and i have no trouble keeping agrro from 90-98 archers venos or wizes unless they have mad gear or they spark after 99 they get new skills and gera that makes them harder for me to hold agrro from unless i use my genie... point is ive seen many times a 97 archer taking agrro from a 95 barb cause of lucky crits or whatever but if iu then spark and go all out(maybe trow in 25% crit buff for insane dd) ill get agrro and archer or barb will not get it back(yes aggroskill if he uses but if he wants to keep it easy hell just go human)

89 brim bh boss has random agrro so pointless discussion but lets say all bosses in a fb run for the point of argument... a 9x fist bm will at this point have good enough gear that he can tank as well as most barbs and unless wiz or archer actually tried their hardest they wont get agrro and they can dd as they want and barb can gop human to dd too making the boss die in about half the time if u have an archer and a wiz and a fist bm skip atacks/not use their sparks...

89 heaven pretty much the same as brim i had to tank my own cause a 96 barb couldnt hold agrro from me(at the time lv 89)

99 warsong and gv get a barb but i dont rly know much about them yet

sorry went a bit off topic point is at higher levels if a barb starts creating drama get rid of him a fist bm can tank many bhs as well as a barb but because u have a fist bm doesnt mean u shouldnt get a barb i have yet to meet anyone that doesnt like the barb buffs and in 79 if puller messes up and pulls both bosses its easy just to get ep to bb bm takes one barb takes other and rest of squad clears mobs and starts dding...

and allow me to edit telariths first post for a more simple version:

telarith: if u have a bm that can tank just fine dont let a barb get any free runs

(and as for the repair costs many ppl talked about for a fist bm simply atacking at 2-3 atks per second is quite expencive as well)
  • BrocktheMace - Dreamweaver
    BrocktheMace - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Interesting conversation!

Lets see, I am a barbarian. I've... done a lot of tanking! Have some comments to make, I suppose.

Barbs:
    -skill "flesh ream" creates aggro; unless some dd is hitting for, approximately, 10 times harder, flesh ream will always keep or grab back aggro.
    -skill "devour" increases aggro (no generation); its a double-edged sword, since it makes bms/archers/pets hit harder too; also reduces attack lvl 10% @ lvl 10
    -aoe aggro skill "Roar" that resets aggro rather nicely onto barb
    -skill "Alacrity of the Beast" = cancel channeling
    -skill "Frighten" (why do other barbs forget about this one >.<) @ lvl 10 reduces phy dmg 30% for 10 seconds.

Notes on tanking.

-The channeling of practically every boss can be cancelled with a good internet connection, focus, and lvl 7 alacrity :) In my experience so far, there are no magic aoes that cannot be cancelled (up to TT 2-3... no, haven't done the last boss yet!). This means that a good barb should be able to cancel channeling on bosses every time.

-Physical aoes are rather harder to cancel; they CAN be, but they have no consistent timing (think soulbanisher in TT 1-2 or 1-3, or drum boss). Here's a cool thing I do though; wait for an aoe, wait a few seconds, then use Frighten>Devour (then aoe comes) = 40% dmg reduction on aoe. Thats not something a bms can do, that I'm aware of. And sometimes, I try to time alacrity to when I think an aoe will come soon (say frighten is in cooldown) and it sometimes does cancel (think *lucky*).

-Two ways to have aggro: Create "hate" or though superior dmg. From what I've seen, if I as a barb spam flesh ream, and throw in an occasional devour, dmg has to hit about 10 times higher for an aggro switch to occur. For instance, if archer/wizard does a few 20k crits in a row, when I am hitting 1-3k (in TT), then aggro switch can occur (I've seen it happen... some archers do crazy stuff with their weps). Happily, a flesh ream or 2 afterwards, I can have aggro again. I know of no bms my level, that can put out a dmg high enough (consistently close to 10x mine) to keep aggro. And certainly, fist bms might hit high, but lets be realistic >.< archers hit harder.

-Another way to cancel channeling = hitting with physical attack @ just the right moment. In fact, nothing against you fist bms, but you are usually the cause of me as barb losing timing on cancel. A physical attack will land in just before my alacrity is ready, but cuz I've pressed the hotkey for 'Alacrity', it goes off anyways; thus, the next channeling, alacrity hasn't refreshed yet. Unfortunately, this type of "physical hit interrupts channel" isn't consistent; not sure what the #s are, but given that after I miss a cancel when this happens, the next channel usually happens, it can't be more than 50% (guesswork). Given that I can usually cancel 95+% of channeling when I have a good connection, as far as this aspect of tanking goes, barbs do better. Your Cleric has an easier time healing you (if you are cancelling a magic attack) and your squad takes less dmg (if you are cancelling aoe).

More notes: Every Class Has Their Stupid Players. Barbs, Bms, and Clerics are not excluded from this General Principle. Nuff' said.

Even more notes: Kudos to ppl who like to push the boundaries of their class! I'll never say there isn't stuff a bms can't tank. And given a high enough lvl, wizards, archers, and clerics can tank stuff too (magic dmg, of course). Venos probably can tank too, though I have no personal experience with this. Heck, given the right situation/gear/experience, any class can tank something or other. But it comes down to this. As others have said, good barb > good bms. We aren't comparing crazy bms with high lvl gear & a lot of experience to the so-called 'moron barb'. We are talking about 2 players who are both very good @ what they do, barb > bms. It is that simple!

One last note: BH69. Polearm and Gaurnob (last 2 bosses) have fasssst channeling. Crazy fast channeling, I estimate, that there is about a 0.5 second period within alacrity must hit in order for a cancel to occur. So yeah, a few aoes slip though. If the cleric is low 7X, we all know what 2 aoes in a row can do. I wonder if, perhaps, fist bms who have tanked bh69 with good clerics would do if cleric(s) went caput. And all of those aoes going unchecked? I can see that a cleric/low lvl squad has a higher chance of dying with a bms tanking. Thus, (given situation of good barb and good bms), the bms who insists on tanking... blegh.

Kudos to you if you read all of this! Please comment.

Brock
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can always have heavy venomancers as part time tanks too.
    I've tanked TT bosses and a fair few regular bosses myself. I'm talking about tanking in fox form with a cleric healing too by the way, no pet :3

Unfortunatly everyone gets erked out when I suggest myself tanking because who's ever heard of a fox tank, I mean.. noob right? So I haven't been able to test my limits on bosses i'd like to, FB69 bosses for example. I've got around 5k HP unbuffed and 19,909 physical defense buffed so my phys def makes up for the lacking in HP.

There's aggro issues too since foxes don't have any aggro drawing skills, but equipped with alpha male the genie skill and if the DDs play their part right the tanking goes along smoothly. More or less, I consider myself a tank if there's no BM or barb and my herc can't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]