Moron Barbs

1234568»

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I've begun to see the shout at Head Hunter rather a lot now...

"Barb looking 4 free wine BH69 pm me plz"

seriously... gfto -.-

If anything, the cleric deserves free wine, not the easily replaceable, greedy, ego inflated tank.

(not getting at barbs, some are awesome and chip in without complaint, and if other classes could get free no doubt someone would try it, though to be fair clerics can and rarely actually do. Just the morons who actually do demand special treatment that annoys me)
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    "Barb looking 4 free wine BH69 pm me plz"
    o.o i swear i have yet to see such a shout, or a single barb that would demand of getting free wine. Unless they were coming just to help in bh & didn't have it themselves.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    You can always have heavy venomancers as part time tanks too.
    I've tanked TT bosses and a fair few regular bosses myself. I'm talking about tanking in fox form with a cleric healing too by the way, no pet :3

Unfortunatly everyone gets erked out when I suggest myself tanking because who's ever heard of a fox tank, I mean.. noob right? So I haven't been able to test my limits on bosses i'd like to, FB69 bosses for example. I've got around 5k HP unbuffed and 19,909 physical defense buffed so my phys def makes up for the lacking in HP.

There's aggro issues too since foxes don't have any aggro drawing skills, but equipped with alpha male the genie skill and if the DDs play their part right the tanking goes along smoothly. More or less, I consider myself a tank if there's no BM or barb and my herc can't do it.

It can be done Rei b:victory

My veno's at level 87 with 4.7k hp (6+k fully buffed) + close to 19k pdef fully buffed foxform in full heavy gears.
    Did it with a random squad and 2 very good clerics. I wanted to push my veno to the limit to know what it can do. Barb was at higher end of 7x and wasn't confident cos of his gears. I suggested I try tanking it with my veno and if the **** hit the ceiling, he could take over.

I was very happy it worked thanks to the 2 clerics. Holding aggro was a pain in the butt though. Had to use the alpha male skill from my genie a couple of times after losing aggro to the wizzie and archer. Those were the only 2 scary moments.

Once again thanks to your guide and inspiration Rei.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Night_Bone - Sanctuary
    Night_Bone - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Personally as I see it as a lvl 83 Barb ( i have never asked for a free run ) i have always shared in the wine cost. Thats the way it should be and if the Barb thinks any differant then by all means remove them for squad. There has been time's that me and my in-game wife had the wine and never charged anyone for runs. All we asked was if any molds dropped we got them. never asked for 3* or anything. ( LOL never got a mold drop also )

But back to the Bm vs. Barb subject.

As i see it all three are very important on the BH69 run for a smooth run it is really best to have all three Cleric, Barb, and Blademaster. The main reason i say atlease thoses three are......

Barb to aggro and hold
    Cleric to purge Phys def debuff and heal
    Blademaster to Damage Deal to kill faster

To be honest I would much rather be in gamma then taking forever to kill a BH boss. But sence you are going in and it beats paying 220K+ for a wine with only 2 people going in the more the merrier. And for Jimmed H. Crikets people its a game lets have fun and work together. And Don't count all Barbs on hte actions of a some.. Seeeeeeeeya In-Game
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Any class can tank end of topic. Barbs/BM suck against magic bosses, Clerics/Wiz excel at them. Veno then can tank just about every boss. Archers the same with a good cleric. BH69 I like to run unwined. All I hear is QQ this QQ that. It's fun to me, wining just takes the fun out of a run.
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry