Moron Barbs

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well I have never done a 3-2 or a 3-3 but I know a BM can tank fb99 heaven :P Cause Signako tanked it with 2 clerics, an archer going all out, me going all out with my pet, a barb attempting to tank (but not able to keep aggro from Sig). So it is possible ^^ (and btw I was the only one that died in that fb lmao).

lol BMs are cool to have, saves me the effort of tanking, since I do like to DDb:laugh

But ehh, its endgame, I'm sure heavy armor venos can tank >_____>

as for 3-2 and 3-3....its pure evilb:shocked (or so it feels to me)

I've never did 3-3 but if I thought 3-2 was BAD, 3-3 is worse... probably
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have to disagree. Just because they have a higher repair bill, doesn't mean they tanked better. You have to understand, higher dex in any build increases the evasion one has. His dodge rate is greater than any barb I know. And trust me, I watch as bosses and mobs miss him like crazy.

And I've known Signako to have held aggro off a level 98 archer going all out. And I don't even have to hold back on any mobs or bosses that he's tanking for me. My pet skills don't have to be off either and my pets are all maxed loyalty and maxed aggro skilled.

I've seen my phoenix have issues pulling aggro from Sig as well. level 91 phoenix, maxed FR, using claw, and still cannot pull from him. I'm also a demon veno with a high crit rate, maxed debuffs, and ~30% channeling.

And before you say that Sig is in high refines, his gear is all at +3 only.

let him try to hold aggro versus me b:victory

-if- he can take it from my ripbite and devour spam, i just bluster... aggro resets and i pull aggro back from him. then he tries to take it again, i alphamale it b:chuckle

he wont have aggro for more than a few seconds at a time, if at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited November 2009

-if- he can take it from my ripbite and devour spam, i just bluster... aggro resets and i pull aggro back from him. then he tries to take it again, i alphamale it b:chuckle

That's what the last barb said before Sig stole aggro without using skills and the barb couldn't get it back no matter how much he spammed his aggro holders. b:chuckle

Anywho, I've seen Sig work, and I've seen other blademaster tanks work and I give kudos to them for defying all odds and tanking when people say they can't. I also give kudos for those small number of barbs that can as well. Oh and can't forget my heavy veno friends who love tanking ^^ Much love to them as well!
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Believe what you want, I know what I can do, and what Tank Blademasters can do. Like the Barb said a few posts back that there is no right or wrong when it comes to what. My group, my friends, my faction, even random people prefer me to tank over a barb, if you don't like it then tank for people. Why do I get more invites to tank than barbs, may you ask? It is because I am reliable, and I make sure that we get the job done, and that I will bust my **** to make sure my group is safe, and when it comes to runs I ask for nothing in return, except a smile, and a thank you. This is all I am going to post, because the true barbs, and bms know i made my point. If you don't like what I am saying, or what I am doing, then Tank, and leave it as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    For BMs, the TT90 sword that does barb Roar as a skill is helpful in holding aggro. Also, as long as you don't heaven flame, archers and wizards won't be able to steal aggro as easily. As for venos, have pet bash turned off and there won't be any aggro stealing from the tank. Fist BM is the strongest aggro stealer of all classes and build. Their fast attack rate and crit will steal aggro off of a barb. As for barbs you will have to constantly ream when you have a fast hitting bm or strong DDs in the group. Not many things are impossible in this game. If you truly want to steal aggro off of someone, you can do it with the right combo. I can go into how you can do that, but that would result in more squad wipes just to boost the DDs own ego so I rather not talk about that.

Back to topic: If someone is being a jerk you don't have to use him to tank/heal/DD or whatever. If you can't find a barb then just find a BM with high hp. If you are worried about aggro then tell the DDs to hold back. This is team work not lazy work. It's part of playing the game. b:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I remember when I couldnt hold aggro on a random aggro boss. The squad was like, "omg hold the aggro" and Im like "It random aggros >____>".

Main Point: Be prepare to tank reguardless of classb:cute

As for BMs tanking...

<3 lets share a job together lol :P

On Topic: Barbs and Clerics rage quit for paying in BHs, I would just kick them, don't let them be all that, and always know that there are helpful, willing Barbs and Clerics out there. (Just a bit rare to find though) And BMs toob:victory

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have to disagree. Just because they have a higher repair bill, doesn't mean they tanked better. You have to understand, higher dex in any build increases the evasion one has. His dodge rate is greater than any barb I know. And trust me, I watch as bosses and mobs miss him like crazy.

And I've known Signako to have held aggro off a level 98 archer going all out. And I don't even have to hold back on any mobs or bosses that he's tanking for me. My pet skills don't have to be off either and my pets are all maxed loyalty and maxed aggro skilled.

I've seen my phoenix have issues pulling aggro from Sig as well. level 91 phoenix, maxed FR, using claw, and still cannot pull from him. I'm also a demon veno with a high crit rate, maxed debuffs, and ~30% channeling.

And before you say that Sig is in high refines, his gear is all at +3 only.

i really don't think a high dex barb evades much from bosses that it would make a difference on the repair bill...i've noticed that bosses have much higher hitrate than mobs, evidenced by the fact that evasion absolutely never helped me in bossfights that i've had to tank (although drum's AOE misses me pretty often) however high this barb's evasion is, it's sure as hell not as high as mine, so i really doubt bosses miss much on him, unless we can hear it from the barb himself. mobs i can believe, but not bosses.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Reminds me of tons of other threads.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=426852
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This sort of stuff is one reason why I try and remember to say "tank" rather than "barb".

If you can hold aggro, and not die, you'll do.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2009
    I've seen a barb solo tank a fb69 final boss. Obviously not a moron one, but it was awesome nonetheless.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I guess this should have a second part question:

Tanking is also about one thing: surviving. Even crappy aggro management can succeed if the tank can survive. And I have tanked a few BH69s with low lvl 8X single clerics in the squad no problem; the good ones don't even have my charm tick. Now if the cleric is bad or has an internet problem, barb might be better. Or a better cleric or cleric with better internet connection, depends how hard up the group is.

NOTE: Posting is always much more fun when 3 sheets to the wind :)

After reading that your entire post is BS. So your are talking about the awesomeness of fist BMs tanking (more like your own awesomeness) and you go charmed.... ok, let me tell you this "genius"... barbs don't need charms to tank pole. Why? look their HP and compare. And stfo. If u die tanking it with a charm the cleric is a moron. So its not about skills after all, you play safe and use a charm.

Yes, fist BMs are great indeed, their aggro control 1vs1 is awesome, gotta love it and it should be respected. It is indeed VERY hard to steal aggro from them, they make good tanks. But saying that they are better than a class "designed" to be a tank is well... plain stupid. Seems to me that you always squad with fail barbs.. ow well.... not my problem.

Btw, all your formula-talking-**** is just that... ****. This is a game, not a math class, it all depends on players skills and doing your job. So stop being a smartass. Play and let play... Apply your formulas in a piece of paper and use them to compare whatever u want to compare. You are not the only one that does it... and guess what? Ppl don't care.

Take care out there
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree that a pro BM is better than a moronic barb for a tank. It is totally possible for BMs to tank fb69, I have seen it done by a BM+one cleric combo. However, this doesnt mean that BMs are necessarily better than barbs at holding aggro. Unless the archers/wizards suck real bad or are way lower level than the BM, the chance of them stealing aggro is 99% (that is, if they applied the same DDing as they will with a fully capable barb).

fb/bh69 also relies on the cleric. I went with a 14k hp barb with extremely nice equipment and skills at tanking (aka spamming flesh ream for aggro, alacrity the spells, etc). However, he still died because the cleric (level 77) for god knows what reason was using a one star lvl 55 weapon with a non maxed IH.

Bottom line: It is a fact that a decent/experienced barb is a better tank than a decent/experienced BM. However, comparing a moronic barb to a "smart" BM, the BM wins.

This +1.

Also...if anyone in the squad has to know their job it's the barb and the cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Games like this are more complicated than they look, and more complicated than they play. A player's skill is involved, but the game's math is also a huge part and your skill can be greatly improved if you know how to use it.
    Now I don't know who's wright or wrong on what math goes where exactly, BUT what I do know is that it is there and that this being a GAME making it not apply that's more BS than a multipurpose sparklepuff sprinkle covered unicorn falling from the sky and granting our deepest desires without consequence! Catch me? Or did we get lost in the impossibility of the sparklepuff?
    What it is about math that makes some payers rabid? I have a clue; but the math is there, it plays a huge part, all this game is is numbers, values, and more numbers, calculations, fractions, and timing- timing = more numbers. Figure those out = Ownage

Oooor people can just be diluted and the game can run on sparkle dust pixi farts. Math works for me. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i never really understood y squads formed around barbs. i meant if u look at every squad u've ever bee in, guess who's always needed. the cleric o.o. barbs NEED em when tanking, bm's do too, wiz also, archer obviously, other clerics too, even veno's can use em when they tank. so y is the first question in a squad, "wheres the barb?"

or i'll never understand y ppl run off as ur using squad buffs, then 5 min later they say, "i didn't get any buffs" >.>
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    After reading that your entire post is BS. So your are talking about the awesomeness of fist BMs tanking (more like your own awesomeness) and you go charmed.... ok, let me tell you this "genius"... barbs don't need charms to tank pole. Why? look their HP and compare. And stfo. If u die tanking it with a charm the cleric is a moron. So its not about skills after all, you play safe and use a charm.

Yes, fist BMs are great indeed, their aggro control 1vs1 is awesome, gotta love it and it should be respected. It is indeed VERY hard to steal aggro from them, they make good tanks. But saying that they are better than a class "designed" to be a tank is well... plain stupid. Seems to me that you always squad with fail barbs.. ow well.... not my problem.

Btw, all your formula-talking-**** is just that... ****. This is a game, not a math class, it all depends on players skills and doing your job. So stop being a smartass. Play and let play... Apply your formulas in a piece of paper and use them to compare whatever u want to compare. You are not the only one that does it... and guess what? Ppl don't care.

Take care out there
    lol you shouldve seen the bs he made in wc about this, he has so much an ego he wont understand what you (and i) said :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Games like this are more complicated than they look, and more complicated than they play. A player's skill is involved, but the game's math is also a huge part and your skill can be greatly improved if you know how to use it.
    Now I don't know who's wright or wrong on what math goes where exactly, BUT what I do know is that it is there and that this being a GAME making it not apply that's more BS than a multipurpose sparklepuff sprinkle covered unicorn falling from the sky and granting our deepest desires without consequence! Catch me? Or did we get lost in the impossibility of the sparklepuff?
    What it is about math that makes some payers rabid? I have a clue; but the math is there, it plays a huge part, all this game is is numbers, values, and more numbers, calculations, fractions, and timing- timing = more numbers. Figure those out = Ownage

Oooor people can just be diluted and the game can run on sparkle dust pixi farts. Math works for me. :3

Off topic : Thats y i said heals should be shown on the screeen so we know wat we r healing instead of, "when i use this, looks like his hp goes up 2 cm."
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009

And that's why i'm saying, do your math in a piece of paper and use it to compare whatever, or improve whatever aspect of your playing that you want to improve... disrespecting ppl in forums because they dont know your math formulas is just smartass ****. There are many ppl here that knows that and just use them... they dont need to say "if u dont know it you dont have a valuable opinion here"

The main topic in this thread isnt that anyway...

b:bye
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Keep working out those spread sheets b:victory, but all the maths in the world will not save you when things go Fubar in FB89/99 , only good players can do that, and having apage full of sums and equations doesnt make anyone a good player.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As the cleric, I'd heal anyone that stands a chance at tanking. If someone who probably can't handle it wants to tank, I'd just say 'no' and if they go in anyway.... that's -0.1% exp loss for them. So far though that's never happened.

I like BMs a lot for regular mobs, but some bosses just need a higher hp pool. And my experience with same level squads is that a bm just can't keep aggro, fist or not, to a same leveled archer/wiz/cleric if everyone goes all out. BM tanks work when there's no better option, but usually having a well-played barb is better.

I agree though, cleric costs are hefty, especially if we die during a bh with no other cleric there (res scrolls, guardian scrolls, oh lalala). I'm one of the ones that won't join any bh squad with a buy in price. Let winer keep drops, I'll pretend its an FB b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was in BH59 killing Drake yesterday. We had a veno, 3 clerics, myself, and the barb. On the way back from killing Qianji, I (in league with one of our clerics in particular) proposed the "radical" notion that a cleric should tank the drake. We knew this was more than possible as the drake merely spits fire DoTs from a distance, making it child's play for a wizard to tank it and aguably not much harder for a cleric. Since we had 3 clerics total, one could tank, one could contribute heals and purify, and one could just DD with occasional heals. The plan was simple, easy to execute and potentially flawless.

Guess who had a problem with it?

Yes, he said some unintelligible thing about how great his skills were, and at that point we decided it was no use trying to pierce his ego. The run continued as standard and to his credit, he never lost aggro.

But the point is this: yes, barbs were built for tanking... so what? You are not entitled to an endless spotlight and boundless admiration for just doing your job in-squad. If that were the case, we'd put clerics on golden pedestals lined with diamonds just by the force of our thanks, and DDs would constantly recieve their own kudos for ensuring that the boss doesn't take five times as long as it should. But we don't do that, because that sort of thing is implied. You'll never hear a cleric or a DD imply that they don't feel appreciated (even whe we don't), because mutual respect is implied and doesn't have to be explicitly stated in every run... except, it seems, in the case of some barbs.

tl;dr: Barbs, you are not gods and you are not universal tanks either. If you don't believe me, go have a nice chat with Mantavip Scout. I'll be here when you get back, I wouldn't want to miss the QQ. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    To Those Bashing on People that Spout Formulas: Ignoring the work required to figure out all the numbers that add up to success or failure in this game doesn't make those equations go away. So please, show just a tiny bit of consideration for those of us that DO figure out those formulas so you don't have to. Or just ignore our ramblings and go back to smashing stuffs quietly...er...loudly. XD

And on a completely unrelated note, I swear...

math.jpg
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009

tl;dr: Barbs, you are not gods and you are not universal tanks either. If you don't believe me, go have a nice chat with Mantavip Scout. I'll be here when you get back, I wouldn't want to miss the QQ. :P

Please tell me who these barbs are that think they are gods? Every single barb I've squadded or chatted with has been humble and honestly worried about missing a cancel or losing aggro.

Maybe it's just me that hasn't met these egotistical barbs.

IMO if a BM wants to tank, or an archer or a wiz...let 'em. Less repairs for me, and I'll have my hand hovering over my aggro button just in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Please tell me who these barbs are that think they are gods? Every single barb I've squadded or chatted with has been humble and honestly worried about missing a cancel or losing aggro.

Maybe it's just me that hasn't met these egotistical barbs.

IMO if a BM wants to tank, or an archer or a wiz...let 'em. Less repairs for me, and I'll have my hand hovering over my aggro button just in case.

hehe same here. I DD if I can get away with it b:cute
    less repair, less clicking, less mp charm use lol. so why tank if anybody else want to? xD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, and that's the model a barb should use. :P

To answer your question: usually the ego is subtle. This guy, for example... I think he thought we were suggesting that he couldn't tank the drake. He seemed to take offense at the suggestion that one of our clerics could tank in his place, and started to drone on about beastial rage and whatnot. o.O

But in general I just notice a lack of understanding for the practice of alternative tanking. Mix it up a little, people! And give the clerics a chance to tank instead of expecting them to mash ironheart all the time (I've actually seen barbs who will yell at the clerics healing them if they so much as stop to cast a debuff or a single attack -_-).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    To Those Bashing on People that Spout Formulas: Ignoring the work required to figure out all the numbers that add up to success or failure in this game doesn't make those equations go away. So please, show just a tiny bit of consideration for those of us that DO figure out those formulas so you don't have to. Or just ignore our ramblings and go back to smashing stuffs quietly...er...loudly. XD

math.jpg

i daresay e^(i*Pi) = -1

e^(2*Pi) is whatever that motivational claims...but the check clearly has imaginary i. that brings the value of the check to $0.002. it makes the check even funnier than the motivational has it hehe...it'd be fun to do that on a check of my own sometime

b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't care who tanks as long as I don't have to hold back. b:chuckle b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    someone's stupid lol. avatar #1 doesnt indicate their main's level. #2 level and or reputation isnt proof of knowledge.

to me, it sounds like OP is rather butt hurt :|. the whole second novel they posted is so loaded with BS its not even funny. having heard personally the OP's weapon refine/interval he'd average about 6.8k DPS. a crimson horn w/o gloom or crit would be ~6k DPS with a decent refine. as we all know, archer > BM in crit %'s, and any time gloom goes off, thats an extra 100% weapon damage there. get off your high horse dude. fist BM isnt the end all be all of power house damage. archer > you, dont even get us started on wizards your level too. (ask legerity for the math, she did it for me lol)

dont go blaming everything on the ability of barbarians either. as its already been mentioned, a cleric can be bad too. kudos to you for tanking polearm, but that doesnt make fist BMs the better tank, let alone BMs in general. everyone generally knows what can and cant be tanked by a barb, the community doesnt need a lecture from someone egotistical as yourself.

Not sure why you are posting, as you don't know mechanics of the game. You think slings can have 5 attacks per second with speed buffs and -interval, and didn't have a clue how much -interval would be needed for that. Or that speed buffs have diminishing returns on interval.

You posted that damage + aggro skills of barb is greater at tanking than a proper fist BM, which is false as even sub-level gear steals aggro for them when the barb is doing their proper role. Their aggro on skills is what helps their lower damage maintain aggro from higher damage DDs. But it also sets a ceiling on how much damage can be dealt safely without aggro grab. If the BM is able to consistently maintain a damage output higher than the aggro + dmg of the barb, then of course they will be better to have as tank. It means the rest of the DDs can deal more damage than if a barb were tanking. And even a good barb is limited by the fact that the aggro of the skill can't be improved any by better play, it is set.

Again, you didn't factor sparking into the damage at all. And the speed boost of demon spark is greater effect on fists than on a bow. So considering how much spark coverage also changes who deals better damage.

And, really, gloom adds 100%? At this point, you just know too little about your own class weapons to comment on anyone else's class. Drift kid, drift.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The worst thing is many barbs these days will join your BH69 squad, ask if its wined and the share per person.

They then inform they want a free run, since they consider themselves completely essential for success of the run, and threaten to quit the squad if they are forced to pay.

Its getting out of hand lately. Stop allowing barbs free runs and feeding their overblown egos people.

o.o wow really? I have seen some wcs saying that they need barbs & you wont have to pay for wine if u join, so I did b:victory on my alt. A poor puppy gota pay those repair bills.
    I was in BH59 killing Drake yesterday
    o.O all bh59 bosses are mgk if ranged, so a wizzy or cleric can tank em. Same for bh39 bosses (-Farren archer midget), bh79 (-Styg archer too) & so on
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2009

math.jpg

Working with a good squad regularly where everyone knows what to do has more to do with success than a damage formula. If the formula was that critical, there would not be as many ppl playing because most ppl more than likely don't care or don't know for that matter.

I don't bash ppl that take the time to learn this stuff...to each his own. I do however bash ppl that delude themselves into thinking that knowing this information somehow makes them superior to others.

I like math too...just not when I am trying to relax after working all day.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Essentially, this post is a wake-up call to all groups forming for BH quests to take a good BM and just not invite barbs.

(thanking my lucky stars I don't have any chars on Sanc that might be forced to associate with this 'Princess' here)
    The main thing is making sure a barb is not involved in any way, shape, fashion, or form. The mistaken belief that they are needed has skewed their thought process from knowing where they are needed, to the jack assed belief they are always needed. Krixxix and Fb29 were both wiz tanks, and many others are tanked better by others. But barbs believe stupidly they are best for all. Some are willing to take DD role; if they don't and you truly are pure fist, kick them. They obviously understand nothing.

Wow. It's amazing that an ego this large can be squeezed down to bits and transmitted at all. What color is the Sun in your world?
    This is not a hate post against all barbs, just the majority who are so terrible they don't even understand their damage formula, damage comparison, and ability to keep aggro from dropping to other DDs.

What a lying sack. Of *course* it's against all barbs - you just said 80% of us suck!

Your ego is bruised 'cause you're not appreciated the way you think you should.

Put on your Big Girl Panties and Deal With It.

Any given comparable level BM/Wiz/Archer in a boss-killing squad is a much better DD that I am. *My* job is to keep the boss busy while the real Damage Dealers kill it. If you want to tank the $#@*&amp;% boss because it gives you a thrill, Knock youself out.

No, Please - Knock Yourself Out.

I'll be happy to take my incredible 700-1500 hits at the boss, while you blow pots and charm tanking the boss. I hope you don't mind it taking 30% longer to kill the bastage. In fact, I suggest you kick everyone out and run the cave yourself - who needs those other punks? Lousy, ungrateful FAIL barbs/clerics/venos/archers/wiz's!

If you are stealing aggro for a comparable level barb, then he either isn't built/run right, and/or you are forcing massive crits so you can screencap 'em and post them on the forum. If you have a whiny (insert squad member here), then either kick 'em or leave.

If you had a faction to run with, you wouldn't be picking up strays like that. I can't imagine, with your delightful demeanor, why you wouldn't be in a faction with like minded individuals that agree to your conditions. If you *are* in a faction, and this is a faction mate you're whining about - I'm sorry for your faction mates. If you're picking up strays to BH with, then you stink as a faction member, frankly.

Either way, you're a joy to behold and a treasure forever.

Toodles!

RedMenace

\thanks Gawd again that I'm not on your server
    \\I don't try to tell others how to DD, and don't insist I should be the DD in a party
    \\\there are all kinds of fail - bad barbs and arrogant, self-centered egotistical BM's as well
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein