Who Wants the Anniversary Packs?

Options

Comments

• Stamps - Heavens Tear
    Stamps - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Proper English (Used to describe the native language of England) some people..b:surrender

No, I was asking what the hell "Okay let me say something to you if you are not a English yes a English person then you can't use the term "proper" English so STFU." this was supposed to translate to in English.

If you could PLEASE fill me in, it would be MUCH appreciated.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Okay let me say something to you if you are not a English yes a English person then you can't use the term "proper" English so STFU.

Either my IQ lowered or...

fail response? O.o

On Topic: Yea anni packs are meh now, gonna get things the hard way :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Stay on topic please, don't spam other peoples threads if you don't want to talk about what they have posted.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some people will defened anyone for doing anything simply for the lol's or just to stick out in the crowd.

popular –adjective
    1. regarded with favor, approval, or affection by people in general:

until –conjunction
    1. up to the time that or when; till:
    2. before (usually used in negative constructions):

integrity–noun
    1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think Shuy means to say that unless you're English (a person from England, where, I'm guessing, is the origin of the modern English language), you don't use "proper" English. So he's just saying 'shush, stop being judgmental. I can nitpick, too".

blablahblah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    we didnt ask for the bloody expansion.

what we *have* asked for, begged for, for months, a year, is for simple bugs and glitches to be fixed, more interaction ingame with the GMs....for things to just work the way they should.

i dont give a freaking damn about any expansion, just to have things settle down and work properly, for things to calm down....121.gif

BLoody hell.
    Bloody quoted for the bloody truth.

And stay on the bloody topic.
    No one bloody cares.
    If you can bloody understand them thats all bloody good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wow bear.... just wow... I'm merging your posts for you, but please try not to double, triple, or quadruple post b:victory

Spoons as you know i'm kinda vocal when my feathers get ruffled. But honestly I speak for a LOT of folks that simply say "why bother nobody is going to change ANYTHING, just spend more cash is all they want' This sentiment has been echo'd MANY times in the 2 AGP threads. I'm glad to see your watching this thread it shows some interest in this very passionate discussion. But can you PLEASE tell us if the dev's even care? Give us SOME hope that this game can get back to the wonderful game it once was. The new expansion will of course help spur new folks to the game and is quite exciting but with all the major bugs (major from player perspective) not being fixed even after MONTHS of complaining about them, the Economy in shambles, the wish's of the vocal part of the commuinity seeminglyl being ignored, I fear that it won't save the downward spiral we all see happening in the game.
    How about some official clarification? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Or simply, what is the reasoning (as far as you've been told) for the packs overstaying their welcome? I am sincerly interested in this because I cant figure it out.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The reason for the packs still being in CS is a mistery for 80% of us... (so it seems)

*looks at poll*

By popular demand huh? My ****... oh, true, we arent a majority here... the majority doesnt enter the forums. Poor us b:surrender
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Who Wants Packs Gone?

Seriously, does it really matter what we want? The entire community could say yes to that question and they would still be left in the game. The devs don't have enough Lamborghini's in their driveways.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Bump....>.>

10chars
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think the no's are winning. Remove anni packs.
    Period~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think what they (the devs) mean by "popular" is that a lot of them have been sold. But I believe they're missing the number of people buying them. One person buying a hundred is not the same as a hundred people buying one.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Or simply, what is the reasoning (as far as you've been told) for the packs overstaying their welcome? I am sincerly interested in this because I cant figure it out.

Here is my idea on whats going on: PWE recieved lots of complaints about the packs initially being unfair since lunar weps and other endgame **** came from them. They brainstorm to think of a way to remedy this. There great idea was to keep them out as long as possible, so as to put lots of those items into circulation, giving everyone (Even non CS-ers) a chance to acquire them. Now this all works into the fact that the new instance is going to let people upgrade their lunar gear and tt99 gear (tt100 and rank 8 excluded) to g15 (better then rank 8), Which will take hard work and hopefully put the game back into its normal balance. Or at least thats my hope that PWE's intentions are this benevolent >_>
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    Kar_rak - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So... they are back by "POPULAR" demand? I see 400+ negatives...
    For a true Daeva's and Nakir's Swords! Sign at the post!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Packs are surely going to be here till 30th november.

GMs and Mods CANT do anything because they CANT make the decisions.

Devs are the ones making decisions, but they DONT care.

Thats it, period.
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So... they are back by "POPULAR" demand? I see 400+ negatives...

And the game has 10's or 100's of thousands of players...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngryInch - Dreamweaver
    AngryInch - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Admittedly I only read up to page 9 of this thread so if I repeat what others have said, I apologise.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't mind it the first time. I've seen packs like this before, and have never been much of a gambler so I didn't bother. I don't really get angry about the third appearance, but it is definitely frustrating, and I can't help but agree with all the whining (and the few intelligently put) posts about the packs.

I don't buy packs, I don't want to buy packs. It doesn't even bother me that much that people are getting awesome gear they don't have to work for. If it makes them happy, sure, let them have it.

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that at higher lvls, usually around 60+, players start needing cashshop items to effectively serve their squads and factions. Charms, for instance. At these gold prices, players who can't afford to charge (This is a free to play game so I imagine it attracts quite a few) are left trying to scramble to save up 1.2-1.8 mil for something that doesn't last long enough for some players to save up for another, and at the same time keep up with gear demands.

Of course, that said, it is possible to keep up for the not-so-fortunate player base, but it becomes a chore. The wellspring of fun that PWI once was begins to dry out when everyones obsessing and divided about the packs.

Okay I'm done rambling, but before I go, I'd like to say one more thing. Why don't the GMs say good morning to us anymore?! I miss them!
  • Miss_Teria - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Teria - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Admittedly I only read up to page 9 of this thread so if I repeat what others have said, I apologise.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't mind it the first time. I've seen packs like this before, and have never been much of a gambler so I didn't bother. I don't really get angry about the third appearance, but it is definitely frustrating, and I can't help but agree with all the whining (and the few intelligently put) posts about the packs.

I don't buy packs, I don't want to buy packs. It doesn't even bother me that much that people are getting awesome gear they don't have to work for. If it makes them happy, sure, let them have it.

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that at higher lvls, usually around 60+, players start needing cashshop items to effectively serve their squads and factions. Charms, for instance. At these gold prices, players who can't afford to charge (This is a free to play game so I imagine it attracts quite a few) are left trying to scramble to save up 1.2-1.8 mil for something that doesn't last long enough for some players to save up for another, and at the same time keep up with gear demands.

Of course, that said, it is possible to keep up for the not-so-fortunate player base, but it becomes a chore. The wellspring of fun that PWI once was begins to dry out when everyones obsessing and divided about the packs.

Okay I'm done rambling, but before I go, I'd like to say one more thing. Why don't the GMs say good morning to us anymore?! I miss them!

i agree, the AP have done it's part of ruining the game economy, that and all the sales, i remember when i started this over a year ago, back then there was only about 1 sale a month and gold was around 100k

bannedanim.gif
    Proud member of Nocturne, a mature Heaven's Tear guild
    where we invite people, not levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i agree, the AP have done it's part of ruining the game economy, that and all the sales, i remember when i started this over a year ago, back then there was only about 1 sale a month

Mmhm I started about a year ago too on Heaven's tear. I loved it, it was fair, fun, and reasonably free from stress, even at higher levels. Plus, The GM's witty (and not so witty) red text was just plain amusing. Ahhh the good ol' days!
  • Blds - Lost City
    Blds - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    plz STFU all this kind of talk does is a) get u banned b) deter the mods/gm's/dev's attention to stupid talk and away from factual statements. We don't need cultural flames, we need clear polite statements showing our like or dislike for what they are doing and WHY.

Agreed; @GodOfWar; If you had literally thousands of extra dollars laying around each month, your child's college tuition savings are more than adequate, your bills are easily covered and your house is paid off; and you played a game you enjoyed immensely and you felt you could get a fair exchange for the cash you put in for in-game items; are you telling me you wouldn't put some money in? Not even 30 40 50?

I won't say names, however I know a player who is retired with his house paid off on LC some of you might know who I'm talking about, but he's got a wicked pension and has probably spent over 10 grand on this game in the last three months playing the anni packs. 10 grand? If this was a pay by month mmo, he would've paid right there for 666 totally free players (no joke, do the math lol) to simply come in and play the game free of charge (He's also THE nicest player I've yet to meet; totally modest about his wealth and character's power despite being able to basically CS anyone else into oblivion)

So take your blind, ignorant statements born of spite elsewhere and instead of QQing on the forums why don't you spend time farming in game? You might actually get something done. b:bye
    9x Sage Wizard

Free to play! b:laugh
    Pay to win.b:cry
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey, I don't want the packs gone. There are idiots buying them and selling lunar/FC gear/weapons at 1/10 of the price it would take to farm them. heck, I don't mind to have them in CS forever. Prices will go down in time and every1 could afford engame gear with a little bit of saving.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Mmhm I started about a year ago too on Heaven's tear. I loved it, it was fair, fun, and reasonably free from stress, even at higher levels. Plus, The GM's witty (and not so witty) red text was just plain amusing. Ahhh the good ol' days!

couldn't agree more... It really was alot of fun then b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So take your blind, ignorant statements born of spite elsewhere and instead of QQing on the forums why don't you spend time farming in game? You might actually get something done. b:bye

Okay, you tell someone who is below 7x to do that...AND who DOES NOT cash shop...let's see how much coin they make in one hour? Yeah I'm sorry I barely made 100k an hour until I hit 7x, and I'm a veno. I had to NPC, EVERYTHING. How about the people who HAVE LIVES, and use this game to relax and have fun. You think they want to spend 5+ hours grinding for coin when the coin value is completely worthless now? Or maybe spend hours farming for mats (and if you don't pick up a good route, it's hopeless).

What's 500k going to accomplish these days? Nothing significant...(off the top of my head...one piece of fashion and some event pots...WOW!) How about the classes who can't grind as well as veno's? Oh wait, for everyone else to grind, they need pots and charms too. Well hey, there goes your money.

JUST RECENTLY, I started farming Dragon Temple for fashion to sell...at 8x. Veno's can farm HH, if they have a herc. Oh wait...having a herc means spending 200$ CASH SHOPPING..OR, somehow coming up with 30+ million coin...oh wait where are you going to come up with that?

SO PLEASE, explain to me how someone at a decent level can "farm" and make money reasonably, for NECESSARY things in this game. I would LOVE to know.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    NO. The end.

And THE GAME.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited November 2009
    Options
    NO. The end.

And THE GAME.

I had something very intelligent and profound to say to that, I assure you. Really... I did, but...

DAMN! Now I've lost the game Q.Q
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I had something very intelligent and profound to say to that, I assure you. Really... I did, but...

DAMN! Now I've lost the game Q.Q

Glad to see that I still have the magic touch after all this time. ~.^

ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Those packs are EEEEVVVVVIIIILLLLLL!!!!

I had about 13 gold left on my veno and was wondering whether to sell it in AH or get 1 or 2 pieces of fashion that I like (I'm a sucker for fashion b:victory).

I opened up the cash shop to check the fashions and LO AND BEHOLD! What do I see?

THE EVIL PACKS!!!!! They were just there beckoning 'CLICK ME! BUY ME!'

Somehow I succumbed to that little evil voice and its hypnotic effect and before I knew it, OMG! I DON'T HAVE ANY GOLD LEFT! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you know if you wait til after the packs are over maybe you can resell some tokens or token-traded oracles and break even. then when gold has lowered (hopefully gold will lower) you can buy your gold back. cheer up :D
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Darny - Heavens Tear
    Darny - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Level 1 omega newb here. What comes in anniversary packs?