Who Wants the Anniversary Packs?

Options

Comments

• BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    stuff :P.

well, im glad that i've put my point across. I argue from a different viewpoint, even though im, like the rest of the complains, against the implementation of aniversary packs.

New comers do not have the start up capital like us to play with the market. Instead they would have to either farm 4x as hard as they need to before the gold hike or charge zen

You make a good master of ceremonies (emcee) anyday <perhaps moderator here :)>, your post actually made me express what i really felt about the event..
    As you stated, it will help us make our case much better if people do not say "everyone hates the packs" but instead articulate why they hate the packs themselves.
  • Shuy - Dreamweaver
    Shuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why all the QQing.. It's the non-CSers that complain.. you should be grateful you are playing a wonderful game like Perfect World, I know people that actually enjoy it so much they put money into it as a appreciation if you understand that for their countless enjoyment because you play any other game on you're average computer this is a FREE (and no sarcasm it is, no one ask you to put money into it!) beautiful game and it's online you get to chat to real people, why need to complain? because you can't buy cheap gold? you can't get a mount? like i said play any other game on you're average computer you work hours and hours on the game what different? getting lazy? and why should others make it easier for you, If you are a non-CSer than look cheaper flawless shards, Cheaper oracles and not to mention countless other things, If you don't put anything in the game why have need to complain? The people that do are keeping the game running for you (remeber that), This really annoys me be grateful you playing a wonderful game like Perfect World and they deserve all the money they get, You have NO idea how hard they worked on this game. Thank you PW for a wonderful game and good luck with the future!b:mischievous
    Quit PWI JUNE 2009.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The people that do are keeping the game running for you (remeber that), This really annoys me be grateful you playing a wonderful game like Perfect World and they deserve all the money they get, You have NO idea how hard they worked on this game. Thank you PW for a wonderful game and good luck with the future!b:mischievous

Nothing against zen chargers, its true that they keep the servers alive.
    But as this is a F2P game (advertised), people seeks to look for a gaming experience with minimal real life cash spent.

How will PW be enticing for non -regular cash shoppers (as they make up the majority of the population)?

Remember, its the cash shoppers that keep the server running,
    Its the non-cash shoppers that keep the server active and populated

Beautiful graphics - true, but its not the best.
    Chat with real people - i can do it on virtually any game, why should i do it here?
    Why should others make it easy for me? - no i dont expect them to, but unless im mistaken, this is ADVERTISED to be the "Ultimate Free to play experience" (perfect world official banner), why should i expect less?
  • Shuy - Dreamweaver
    Shuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nothing against zen chargers, its true that they keep the servers alive.
    But as this is a F2P game (advertised), people seeks to look for a gaming experience with minimal real life cash spent.

How will PW be enticing for non -regular cash shoppers (as they make up the majority of the population)?

Remember, its the cash shoppers that keep the server running,
    Its the non-cash shoppers that keep the server active and populated

Beautiful graphics - true, but its not the best.
    Chat with real people - i can do it on virtually any game, why should i do it here?
    Why should others make it easy for me? - no i dont expect them to, but unless im mistaken, this is ADVERTISED to be the "Ultimate Free to play experience" (perfect world official banner), why should i expect less?

Well said. Yes it's F2P and best gaming experience? It is, Like you do on any other game grind, Questing and whatever you can't argue that the game isn't great? No one is going to give you anything on a plate, You don't need TT Gear you don't need the best gear, You don't need fashion, You don't need the best things because even with crappy gear you can enjoy the "Ultimate Free to play experience" I'm sorry if i sound so-so but i hope you understand what i am trying to say, Gameplay wise the best you can play without the best gear the skills are good everything about the game is well made and looking forward to the upcoming expansion, Only good things to come, Only going to get better.
    Quit PWI JUNE 2009.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You don't need TT Gear you don't need the best gear, You don't need fashion, You don't need the best things because even with crappy gear you can enjoy the "Ultimate Free to play experience" I'm sorry if i sound so-so but i hope you understand what i am trying to say, Gameplay wise the best you can play without the best gear the skills are good everything about the game is well made and looking forward to the upcoming expansion, Only good things to come, Only going to get better.

But will you be truely enjoying the game without all these seemingly basic items?
    Like i've said before, its getting harder for new comers to enjoy the game like we did when we were new (please read the my post on page 22)

i cant agree more with u if its "free to play experience". But ultimate free to play experience? in what aspect?

graphics? no they are not the ultimate
    support? no they are not the ultimate
    responding to player's opinions? no they are not the ultimate
    GM support in game? no they are not the ultimate
    Events in game? no they are not the ultimate

Pay to Enjoy? Yes they are the ultimate

what makes pwi credible when they say that this is the ultimate free to play experience if we see 90% of the updates being related to cash shop items?
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But will you be truly enjoying the game without all these seemingly basic items?
    Like I've said before, its getting harder for new comers to enjoy the game like we did when we were new (please read the my post on page 22)

I cant agree more with you if its "free to play experience". But ultimate free to play experience? In what aspect?

Graphics? No they are not the ultimate.
    Support? No they are not the ultimate.
    Responding to player's opinions? No they are not the ultimate.
    GM support in game? No they are not the ultimate.
    Events in game? No they are not the ultimate.

Pay to Enjoy? Yes they are the ultimate.

What makes PWI credible when they say that this is the ultimate free to play experience if we see 90% of the updates being related to cash shop items?

^This..

10chars
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Its not just gold prices. End game gear has devalued as well. And all they had to do was remove the packs after the aniversary. The fact that they didn't speaks volumes.

Don't forget...

Back by Popular Demand! (obvious lie)
    Anniversary Pack Round 3 (yes despite what anyone says this IS round 3)
  • HikariHinata - Heavens Tear
    HikariHinata - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I voted, and made peoples I know vote too... I hope everyone do that too ^^
    b:thanks
    01001100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01010001 01010001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001110 01111001 01110101 01001110 01111001 01110101 00100001 00100001 00100001
    b:thanks
  • SugarCupcake - Sanctuary
    SugarCupcake - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I want them gone use your imagination make the game more fun for the people at end game so they wont quit and will spend more money. If you have so many people quitting because of the packs PWI will stop making money. Players dont have to work for their equipment now they can just buy packs and when they get all the equipment they want some players will quit because they are bored. Players quitting =less money coming in.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I want them gone use your imagination make the game more fun for the people at end game so they wont quit and will spend more money. If you have so many people quitting because of the packs PWI will stop making money. Players dont have to work for their equipment now they can just buy packs and when they get all the equipment they want some players will quit because they are bored. Players quitting =less money coming in.

= more sales = more quitting = more sales = one or two updates = more players = more sales = more quitting = more sales = more quitting = more sales = dead game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • triumph
    triumph Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    better take a screenshot of the poll before this thread magically gets deleted b:bye
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    triumph wrote: »
    better take a screenshot of the poll before this thread magically gets deleted b:bye

Been there all day yesterday, why would it be deleted now? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    = more sales = more quitting = more sales = one or two updates = more players = more sales = more quitting = more sales = more quitting = more sales = dead game
    =PWI with bags of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I love them, let em stay.
    not
    Quit.
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    =PWI with bags of money.
    = Pink slip for employees. Only the executives will have bags of money and a Bail out from their government b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I voted yes because at this point I really do not care.

Does it suc for the economy? Sure...but it is not like people have not been working with it for over a month already.

I am sure they will be gone soon enough. And be thankful there was not an orb sale this week (although I NEED ONE), because then gold would go to 1mill+ per (imo).

Plat charms though b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • triumph
    triumph Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Been there all day yesterday, why would it be deleted now? O.o

it's actually starting to show what most of the players want, can't let this happen..packs are back by popular demand b:laugh
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    triumph wrote: »
    it's actually starting to show what most of the players want, can't let this happen..packs are back by popular demand b:laugh

You mean what 431 players or less that come to the forums want?

Do not confuse forum polls with player base wants. The polls may provide some information, however they are as useful as conducting a poll about the believe in god at a Atheist National Convention, and than try to use those numbers and say it represents the rest of the country believes.

However, the packs really need to make an exit at this point.... in my opinion.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You mean what 431 players or less that come to the forums want?

Do not confuse forum polls with player base wants. The polls may provide some information, however they are as useful as conducting a poll about the believe in god at a Atheist National Convention, and than try to use those numbers and say it represents the rest of the country believes.

However, the packs really need to make an exit at this point.... in my opinion.

^ QFT ^ fgdsfgs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MissEva - Dreamweaver
    MissEva - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I hate the packs
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I would like to see them gone, but as a non-cash using player my wishes are less important
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Let's say you were playing golf with a group of people. And on the first hole some guy tees up right next to the hole and taps it in for a hole in 1. You are like wtf are you doing? The player says "oh, at the clubhouse they said for 100 dollars a hole I could tee up next to the cup".

What does this do?

It changes expectations, it eliminates competition, it removes the purpose of the game and most imprtantly it ruins the fun.

Some people will be suduced by the idea of a hole in 1 on every hole, but eventually they will realize that it wasnt the score that made the game fun, it was the game itself.

No one wants these packs here anymore. Even if they dont realize it yet.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Let's say you were playing golf with a group of people. And on the first hole some guy tees up right next to the hole and taps it in for a hole in 1. You are like wtf are you doing? The player says "oh, at the clubhouse they said for 100 dollars a hole I could tee up next to the cup".

What does this do?

It changes expectations, it eliminates competition, it removes the purpose of the game and most imprtantly it ruins the fun.

Some people will be suduced by the idea of a hole in 1 on every hole, but eventually they will realize that it wasnt the score that made the game fun, it was the game itself.

QFT

But, even if that did happen in golf.... SOMEONE would argue for it being ok, you can be sure of it. Some people just love disagreeing with others, having a different opinion than the rest or just debating in general. And a forum is something that attracts the majority of those types.

I tend to ignore debate lately. Facts speak louder than words. A full front page of locked threads, endless outcry on wc, no new players staying in the game, rapidly diminishing friend-lists, complaints from everyone you talk to. Anniversary packs are **** the game up, end of.
  • Aiyamii - Lost City
    Aiyamii - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I want it gone.. It's been here more than long enough... It's already ruining the game.
    No Siggie yet! Q.Q
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    good comparison!

but to be honest, its not just the ani packs that have thrown the game offbalance. i know a lot of venos are going to hate me for this, but a lot of barbs will agree- one of the things that really started problems was the first battle pet pack sale. anything that made it easier (not that it has ever been easy for all venos) to get the legendaries unbalanced the game. now many barbs i know feel useless because venos with hercs have taken over their jobs. and venos who cannot afford them are shunned as useless, even with leveled up golems. the hercs make venos into almost a hybrid veno/barb, and in many cases i've seen the veno never bothers to level her own skills, leaving her at a loss when the big guy bites the dust and no time to rez/heal him. that happens=party wipe, while with a more usual, balanced squad, a veno could buy some time till the cleric got the barb rezed and back in action..

i know many will hate what i have said, but between the battle pack sales overpowering venos, and the ani packs ruining everything else, i dont see how things can ever be rebalanced. and it depresses me to tears, because i love this game. its the only place i have to go, as a disabled person unable to leave home. my children are semi disable as well,, and i have no place to go to relax.... this game is my home, like a home town for me, in many ways, and people here are my friends, neighbours, people i see on the street daily. and when the WC becomes full of filthy gutter talk, stores (ah and cats) are full of items i wish i could buy, but cant because of the inflation, it makes me too depressed to play. i wind up curled up on the bed, in tears remembering the beautiful days of last year, when things were balanced, people were happy.

What does this do?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gahh, why do you post the quote below your response? It's messing with my head b:surrender
    b:bye
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    QFT

But, even if that did happen in golf.... SOMEONE would argue for it being ok, you can be sure of it. Some people just love disagreeing with others, having a different opinion than the rest or just debating in general. And a forum is something that attracts the majority of those types.

I tend to ignore debate lately. Facts speak louder than words. A full front page of locked threads, endless outcry on wc, no new players staying in the game, rapidly diminishing friend-lists, complaints from everyone you talk to. Anniversary packs are **** the game up, end of.

The people arguing for it being fair would be the clubhouse. Why? Because they're making profits.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

but to be honest, its not just the ani packs that have thrown the game offbalance. i know a lot of venos are going to hate me for this, but a lot of barbs will agree- one of the things that really started problems was the first battle pet pack sale. anything that made it easier (not that it has ever been easy for all venos) to get the legendaries unbalanced the game. now many barbs i know feel useless because venos with hercs have taken over their jobs. and venos who cannot afford them are shunned as useless, even with leveled up golems. the hercs make venos into almost a hybrid veno/barb, and in many cases i've seen the veno never bothers to level her own skills, leaving her at a loss when the big guy bites the dust and no time to rez/heal him. that happens=party wipe, while with a more usual, balanced squad, a veno could buy some time till the cleric got the barb rezed and back in action..

I don't like anni packs as much as the next person. But i gotta say this... you must be running with some **** up squads. When the tank dies... dd gets aggro. And any half decent should be able to take aggro and stay alive til the tank is rezzed.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    good comparison!

i know many will hate what i have said, but between the battle pack sales overpowering venos, and the ani packs ruining everything else, i dont see how things can ever be rebalanced. and it depresses me to tears, because i love this game. its the only place i have to go, as a disabled person unable to leave home. my children are semi disable as well,, and i have no place to go to relax.... this game is my home, like a home town for me, in many ways, and people here are my friends, neighbours, people i see on the street daily. and when the WC becomes full of filthy gutter talk, stores (ah and cats) are full of items i wish i could buy, but cant because of the inflation, it makes me too depressed to play. i wind up curled up on the bed, in tears remembering the beautiful days of last year, when things were balanced, people were happy.

Yup, I had times where Im gonna tank in TT or FBs and then "Wait let the veno tank!" comes up.

I rage-cry deep inside during those times

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Options
    good comparison!

I'm pretty sure this game will never be balanced again, short of making new servers.

But what pwi CAN do is keep this event out as long as they can, so they can make as much money as possible before everyone gets wise.