Rising Tide Preview: Public Quests

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I believe we're mistreated as it is, saving ppl all the time gets no thanks for it, noone wait for our mana to regain even if we're on remz.
    it seems like ppl except evey cleric to be charmed

Come over to HT and see how I treat my clerics. I GIVE them every mana pot I have since I'm charmed. So don't think everyone is ungrateful for and to clerics.

@OP sounds like a good idea these public quests...just hope it doesn't lead to a bunch of KSing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This will be like public quest:

"Defend village from ... ", "Defend town from ...".

Known to all, very profitable, but 3 winners will get fine extra reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Clerics shouldn't heal anyway b:scorn
    hai2u
  • Xarfai - Sanctuary
    Xarfai - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think im going to start hate this bc i like to play solo most of the time!

but maby idk is fun and i like it letz see what Time says^^
    Dont fear the Reaper b:angry
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They need big quests involving monsters that take over towns. The reward for them is being able to use the npcs, nothing else. Lets see how many players are in the game for greedy purposes because those that are would ignore the quest.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kielala - Sanctuary
    Kielala - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm glad that PWI is adding new content. Public quests are new and creative. I won't complain about it until experiencing it first hand. This is a good step in adding a new aspect to the game. Thank you.

Question though, I assume that public quests will be split up in level tiers? So all players lvl 80-89 have the same public quest, etc.?
    I'm a male veno...I know aren't we all, lol.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so lowest dammage dealer gets les then lets say a mage altho he did way more but mage did more dammage so he get drop o.o no fair
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Geez you all should spend more time qqing about the anniversary packs and less time crying that PW has in effect, stolen one of the primary selling points from a certain 10,000 lb War guerrilla that was said to be the PW killer long before that other korean game came out (those that remember open beta qqing will know what i'm talking about).

Honestly if PW incorporates this well without too many bugs, this is going to be their greatest expansion by far.

Thanks. I was waiting for someone to point this out. And yet, we have another page or two of people continuing to assume the formula for credit will be the same as the ones currently used in KS situations. Why are people naively assuming that? It makes no sense - particularly since one of the new classes PW is going to be trying to sell in the same expansion is a new angle on the support class.

Honestly, the public quest concept in that 10,000 lb game was the most enticing idea I've seen in a while. I didn't shell out the purchase price to find out if it worked. I'm glad to hear it did and I'm even more glad to see the idea being pirated by PW. It gives some real hope that the expansion will change the nature of the game even for people who don't want to start over.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so lowest dammage dealer gets les then lets say a mage altho he did way more but mage did more dammage so he get drop o.o no fair

if it be anything like wraith attacks then mages going to be one of the lowest DD. b:chuckle

seriously KSing by archers left and right.
    xD
    (and melee characters just need to figure out spawn spots) b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    if it be anything like wraith attacks then mages going to be one of the lowest DD. b:chuckle

seriously KSing by archers left and right.
    xD
    (and melee characters just need to figure out spawn spots) b:surrender

This is why being greedy needs to be penalized. It's too easy for venos as well, we can just outdamage most people with our phoenixes.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I did just post a long response but it's all gone :(. anyway my main point was for you guys to stop QQing. This is an idea that they want our input on. This isnt something thats written in stone. notice at the end end of spoons post he had the word etc. That means there's more info about public quests than we know right now. So dont automatically assume it's going to be a certain way before you know all of the facts. Lets give helpful suggestions instead of complaints. Maybe if we were much more thoughtful in our posts the devs would listen more to what we say rather than overlook us most of the time. I think this is a great idea, that doesnt limit an indiviual to have to spend hours to get a group together and then do the event. PWI right now has to many of those things. If these public quests offer great rewards i think alot of good will come of this
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • HikariHinata - Heavens Tear
    HikariHinata - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    As you might have guessed, contribution means how much you have done in a quest. The contribution value is based on your monster kills, quest items collections, and damage inflicted to the boss, etc.

That's going to be nice for healers
    01001100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01010001 01010001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001110 01111001 01110101 01001110 01111001 01110101 00100001 00100001 00100001
    b:thanks
    edited November 2009
    read ppl -.-.....
    As you might have guessed, contribution means how much you have done in a quest. The contribution value is based on your monster kills, quest items collections, and damage inflicted to the boss, etc.

last i checked high lvl clerics can tank a few magic bosses on their own as well. Also cant clerics kill mobs to or do you all just have attack skills o.o? can u also move ur legs too idk might have to check and see.
    edited November 2009
    read ppl -.-.....

last i checked high lvl clerics can tank a few magic bosses on their own as well. Also cant clerics kill mobs to or do you all just have attack skills o.o? can u also move ur legs too idk might have to check and see.

I don't know... last time I checked even when a cleric tank a boss, there need to be healers...
    01001100 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01010001 01010001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001110 01111001 01110101 01001110 01111001 01110101 00100001 00100001 00100001
    edited November 2009
    I don't know... last time I checked even when a cleric tank a boss, there need to be healers...
    you dont even know what lvl the bosses might be, there's to many unkowns right now that my point.
    edited November 2009
    you dont even know what lvl the bosses might be, there's to many unkowns right now that my point.

Well I guess you're right for that... but from what I remember of past levels, quest aren't generally healer friendly... like those boss you need first and last hit to kill them... (if my memory isn't dead that is...)
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    that quest system reminds me of one seen for events in another MMo

So, some questions.

1 = Will there be more than 1 Public quest at the same time? (the same quest for different level ranges doesnt count)

2 = In that other MMo, the people on the server needed to do some steps a few times to achieve certain goals; (IE: need to do that sub quest as many times as possible, the server needs that quest done 1.000.000.000 times before you can have access to the next step)

3 = if there is level ranged quests, will the other range can be done if you did a previous one ? ( Ie= public quest 3 , for lv 25-40 is the same as quest 19 for lv 41-60, if you did quest 3, will you be able tro participate in quest 19, or not? - participating mean obtaining more than the person that only did quest 19)

Thx for your attention
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    warhammer much?
    Quit.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Most people here are still talking about being in a squad, when this does not require that you be in one.

I am not sure, but this sounds odder and odder the more I think about it. In talking it over with a few people last night, we think that this might be gimped in a few ways.

Simple fact is, we need more information as to how this is going to work.

1) Are they going to be level specific like the BH's?
    2) Are they quests you can only do once? Are the repeatable?
    3) Due to the different "rolls" of the classes how exactly is the experience going to work? (IE -> Veno with pet versus Barb in terms of dps)
    4) How is the distribution of the rewards spread if there is a large group of people?
    5) What calculates the rewards if there is no one in a squad to track?
    6) Drops will be based (like all mobs) on highest % of hits therefore the one with the who has dealt the most will have the most drops. Does this not auto "win" for the most reward(s)?
    7) If you are in a squad will that affect the Public quest?

Sorry...just a few questions, I am sure there will be more b:surrender

Nah, we can heal ourselves b:cute

Edit --> Reivi beat me in a few questions =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    warhammer much?

like the thing that came before..about 3 realms in war ;) you also find this kinda system for quest ( events) in the WoWsome one (where misterT plays a lady dwarf),
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    [removed] has done something like this for a few of their events. It usually turns out pretty well. It sounds like a fun idea and it does fit with the theme of the game (that being the three/four races working together). I agree with others that there needs to be more info on this before I make a final judgment call.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    [removed] has done something like this for a few of their events. It usually turns out pretty well. It sounds like a fun idea and it does fit with the theme of the game (that being the three/four races working together). I agree with others that there needs to be more info on this before I make a final judgment call.

refrain from mentioning other games......b:cold
    and yea like wat u said, it turns out well sometimes .it may even have some chages eventually (maybe)
    but more info would be nice b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Hell_cat_jay - Sanctuary
    Hell_cat_jay - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so how is this gonna work for clerics? if rewards are based on stuff like items collected, kills made, and damage done to a boss...whats the point in the clerics helping out when they get stuck healing? Is this new quest system track the number of heals? or do we have to start telling our tanks "sorry I hope you got a lot of pots"
  • southernwolf
    southernwolf Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I can see people coming up to a group and sitting there while everyone finishes their quest.
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Maybe "contributing" for Clerics could mean how much they HEAL squad members/competition.

Hey, it's a crazy theory, but it's possible.b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    so how is this gonna work for clerics? if rewards are based on stuff like items collected, kills made, and damage done to a boss...whats the point in the clerics helping out when they get stuck healing? Is this new quest system track the number of heals? or do we have to start telling our tanks "sorry I hope you got a lot of pots"

At least cleric can collect quest items along with other players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well, the simple option would be for this to be implemented as:

(Daily? Repeatable anyway) Quest: Helping out. (Kill x fandoozles, get y sponduicks, deliver the frabradingle to the great poon, whatever)
    Reward: Your (Faction? Race?) gains z kudos towards the public quest (and you get a celstone fragment and some rep)

And since presumably everyone in your (faction, race, however it's divided) wants to do the public quest, it shouldn't be too hard for support classes to get the squads.

And thinking a little bit further, I suspect the reward will be bless boxes - whichever faction (race, whatever) is in the lead will have access to a better bless box.
    edited November 2009
    And since presumably everyone in your (faction, race, however it's divided) wants to do the public quest, it shouldn't be too hard for support classes to get the squads.

Like in squad clerics will get their part of expirience, spirit and winning points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boarian - Sanctuary
    Boarian - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Its about time there will be a quest event that archers will be great at. Thank you PWI.
    People often lose there minds when its time to speak.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Director of Untrusted
    Regruiting Fun, Active and kind people. PM me in game for more info.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just by the basic explanation it sounds like this new idea will not be for every class.

But until actually seeing it in action I can only cross my fingers and hope they do not ruin it for some classes.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.