I don't think I'll ever understand trash talking

Aydamn - Lost City
Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
The vast majority of the time what people say doesn't even make sense: they just end up making a fool of themselves. There's the usual "lol had to bring your whole guild", calling someone a noob when they just killed you (although yesterday a bloodred fled from me and called me a noob, I was a little perplexed to say the least) and a bunch of other things.
If I fight someone and I have a good fight, I'll tell them. If someone hits me hard, stunlocks well etc etc I'll compliment them and others have done the same to me. It just seems incomprehensible to attempt to troll whilst you're dying. And if you murder someone horribly? Try and remain at least a little humble.

Maybe it's just my cleric carebear attitude shining through, idk.
Post edited by Aydamn - Lost City on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't trashtalk because it makes you look like an idiot if you lose, and you don't gain any friends from it. It's pretty pointless imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Two different types of trash talking to me.

There's funny trash talk where its just a quick line or two that actually has wit to it.

Then there's annoying pointless stuff where it has nothing to do with anything and all it does is make both sides seem dumber.

I like doing the first. It is a lot of fun if you don't go too far. If the trash talk is short and sweet it can be nice. Dragging it out where it just becomes name calling is rather stupid.
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think you're onto something there, Haiz: I'll admit that I've done the former a few times in response to others'.
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Two different types of trash talking to me.

There's funny trash talk where its just a quick line or two that actually has wit to it.

Then there's annoying pointless stuff where it has nothing to do with anything and all it does is make both sides seem dumber.

I like doing the first. It is a lot of fun if you don't go too far. If the trash talk is short and sweet it can be nice. Dragging it out where it just becomes name calling is rather stupid.

I like the second type. It adds drama to what would be otherwise blander pking, adding in a personal element and creating game long enemies which greatly spice up gameplay.
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Trash talking is a CRUCIAL element to all PvP.

Without trash talking PvP as we know it would fall apart, every server would be basically PvE, no one would even do TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lvl100ea wrote: »
    Trash talking is a CRUCIAL element to all PvP.

Without trash talking PvP as we know it would fall apart, every server would be basically PvE, no one would even do TW.

lies~~~
    b:surrender
    seriously PvP can be done without any trash talking.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Your lying.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Myr_ - Harshlands
    _Myr_ - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the truth is no one love to lose, in fight or in word.

and since this is a game there are so MANY reason that could make someone win or lose, that everyone would at least win with word.

but for some reasons all QQ or trash talking are always the same, i never found ppl wanted to discuss about the fight just had (no matter how it ended), or ppl to gratz someone who, after all, fight well.

and so hate grow more and pwi became a more and more game for childish minded players. and the worst thing on this, is that i found myself to be childish sometimes.

its possible to have war and fight respecting each others. there are times i said ppl they are noobs, they dont know how to play, and everyone misunderstood me, thinking i was saying they were stuped and idiot. i think there is a great problem here that we can call trash-understanding.
    ppl simply dont want to listen, and its frustrating.
    but isnt listen necessary to grow up?
    and it goes on and on and on...
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lvl100ea wrote: »
    Your lying.

You're not even a level 100 archer. Your argument fails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I trash talk all the time.

Everytime I kill someone I hammer out a bit of "****ING PWNT NOOB!!!".

Always adds to my gaming experience.

..and I'm the kind of person who doesn't care about YOUR gameplay experience.

Whenever someone kills me though, I'll usually hit 'em up with a bit of "****ing ****head".
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have seen some of the best pker, nvr bother ppl with even a reply. So the ones doing the meaningless kinda trash talk are mostly taking out rlf frustration, just cause they can, like Mr. turismo here. Although i have seen ppl make snide remarks to provoke oponnents which i believe is part of the Pvp gameplay.
  • AmrothSokaro - Harshlands
    AmrothSokaro - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If I get pked I just click "Release Corpse", there's no reason to whine if you joined a PVP server. On the other side, when I PK, I usually wait and see what the victim has to say. Some say very funny things and I don't reply unless the dude has a good sense of humour.
  • _Myr_ - Harshlands
    _Myr_ - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    never found someone with sense of humour...
    they ALL are sooooo pro...
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have seen some of the best pker, nvr bother ppl with even a reply. So the ones doing the meaningless kinda trash talk are mostly taking out rlf frustration, just cause they can, like Mr. turismo here. Although i have seen ppl make snide remarks to provoke oponnents which i believe is part of the Pvp gameplay.

Nah, I'm not taking out any frustration on people, I just like giving people ****.
    I'm quite content with my life at the moment. :)
    Lead singer of a band, got some gigs coming up, we're basically just about to take off and start taking over this town.
    After that, the world :D

But seriously, trash talking for me is a major part of the game, I quite enjoy it when someone kills me and I get to have a go at them back and stuff.

Creates some drama, has even created some in-game rivals for me :P

It's good fun.
  • AmrothSokaro - Harshlands
    AmrothSokaro - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    never found someone with sense of humour...
    they ALL are sooooo pro...
    Lol! There's this guy I pked once and he said "Wow, your so cool Mr. Invisible" I took it as a compliment xD
  • Apocalyptart - Lost City
    Apocalyptart - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i admit ive trashed talked b4 but i think it is pretty stupid and ppl take it way to far and yes if u trash talk them then die it makes you look stupid xD also what's the deal with the KOS u can have KOS and still get along i said that b4 on WC i think the point of playing a game is to have fun and i personally like the fun KOS bring with things like PK wars =D and i also compliment ppl and give them a challenge to 1 shot me =P prob the only ppl who 1 shot me is barbs and archers well thats all i have to say xD Oh and another thing i'm not proud of is getting mad when ppl steal all your mats while you are farming lol i usually stun them so i can get the mat but i only started doing that because ppl did that to me and it seemed to work so thats my new technique while i'm farming >:D
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i admit ive trashed talked b4 but i think it is pretty stupid and ppl take it way to farm and yes if u trash talk themdie it makes you look stupid xD also what the deal with the KOS u can have KOS and still get along i said that b4 on WC i think the point of playing a game is to have fun and i personally like the fun KOS bring with things like PK wars =D and i also compliment ppl and give them a challenge to 1 shot me =P prob the only ppl who 1 shot me is barbs and archers well thats all i havee to say xD

APOCALYPTICFART :D b:bye

on topic: I only trash talk if someone else starts <_<
    edited January 2010
    and yeah that too if they do something to you do it back >:D
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <- usually a quiet pker unless i know the person.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Please edit your previous posts to avoid double posting in the future.
    edited January 2010
    lol i used to trash talk alot xD