Rising Tide Preview: Public Quests

1235»

Comments

• Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I hear you on this. I have notice recently whit the Bounty Hunter that the system seem to give more items in random distribution to player that do more damage. Meaning that has a cleric I get almost no drop. This game Random is really strange. But to get to the point, it seem all cleric are good for is to drain mp and money from players pocket. Well I can't blame the creator to want some cash for there work. But basing the Exp reward on damage is just none sense.

Since a cleric is most likely to not do damage on the boss. I should be very little exp reward difference to make it fair.

You could have a simple programing to determine if the cleric was healing more or doing damage more. And base the reward on the number of spell cast. Making the cleric bonus appropriate.

You could set Exp for the quest and have a Bonus exp from the boss that is the same for the whole group.

I don't think cleric are the only class whit problem here. Well Probably in that system Archer would steal most of the exp, followed by wizard, then venomancer depending on there pet.

The idea of making a party quest is great. Basing it on the contribution is also great. But Damage for exp..... Let's get real. it's not fair for any class.

One way it could be fair is to have each player perform some action. So every one in the team does almost the same work. Then have a boss for extra exp.

reallly? then how did 2 molds from one boss end up at cleric and barb then, considering we were similar lvls and had a wizzie with us? b:chuckle And from what i saw clerics can deal a lot of damage as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    9/10 BH's I get little more than a dq item. That is unless there are other clerics and I can do some attacking. Now as for the new quests. Sounds like a great idea as long as barb and squad doesnt mind tanking on charm, since keeping sqaud alive wont count as contribution b:laugh
  • Bijorin - Dreamweaver
    Bijorin - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    9/10 BH's I get little more than a dq item. That is unless there are other clerics and I can do some attacking. Now as for the new quests. Sounds like a great idea as long as barb and squad doesnt mind tanking on charm, since keeping sqaud alive wont count as contribution b:laugh
    Isn't that like... an assumption though?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Spoons! Thanks for the news! This sounds kewl! Tell us moar!
    *goes invis and pantses spoon*

btw: user suggestion. I would pay 50 usd for the priviledge of being able to emote pants-ing someone. And they need to have involuntary reaction of turning red faced and covering themselves in their lovely boxers, or undies. :D
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ''For public quests, a ranking board will be displayed to let the player know their contribution, as well as ranks and rewards.

As you might have guessed, contribution means how much you have done in a quest. The contribution value is based on your monster kills, quest items collections, and damage inflicted to the boss, etc.''

That means that barbs will have no reward and archers venos will pick up most reward?

cough* better fix very bad TW system, or remove walls for that matter, in description it say you cant fly there, but if you can, wth is the point of walls!
    b:chuckle
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Ltchy - Heavens Tear
    Ltchy - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Im not sure if it was mentioned... But how fair is that for clerics? Especially full support cleric who DONT attack..
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So, basically only for lv90+ wizzies, archers, venos and DD clerics? Lets face it, a 5x BM isn't going to get anywhere competing for rewards with a 9x cash shop wizzie. Just look at the wraith events.

And "players may work with or against each other"? Basically it's just saying "Ks'ing is kool here u gais, go 4 it :D!"

Not impressed at all. Excludes far too large a portion of the community...
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So, basically only for lv90+ wizzies, archers, venos and DD clerics? Lets face it, a 5x BM isn't going to get anywhere competing for rewards with a 9x cash shop wizzie. Just look at the wraith events.

And "players may work with or against each other"? Basically it's just saying "Ks'ing is kool here u gais, go 4 it :D!"

Not impressed at all. Excludes far too large a portion of the community...

dang you beat me to my postxD i was going to post the exact same thing.

no doubt this means ksing spree and i can most defiantly see several guild members working to own a part of a spawn area (b:sinarcher teamb:sin) i can only assume that there will be more types of competitions than the most damage, kills and items collected. maybe things like who keeps the most arrgo or who uses the least skills. these are just lame examples i just came up with off the top of my head.

i'm sure there is more to these quest than most kills and damage cos if that's the case then bms, barbs and clerics will have a hard time.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Oh i better do this quest with people almost the same lvl than me or I guess i wont get much exp.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    these quests make me laugh b/c i know how its gonna end

Its going to end the same way its starting, with a lot of drama and Q.Q

b:surrender
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Teufelshunda - Sanctuary
    Teufelshunda - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    that seems pretty cool....
    Untamed BadAss Barbarian-Take a Stand like a man and demand my respect
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am interested in participating in the "public quests" but I wonder honestly how much of a contribution a mid lvl player will be able to make.... more contribution = greater reward (sounds only fair) but then wont the 8x+ characters basically be able to complete everything in no time at all leaving little room for mid lvl's to make a contribution?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jakunen - Heavens Tear
    Jakunen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Are these just like the PQ's?

if so that would be awesome
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have a feeling that squads will form. Head out to do quest. Cleric will DD barb will die a few times then he will pot for himself and all is well.

Sadly though I see this quest system producing Wizards with the ability to res, and Demon Barbs will pop up as to not be left behind in dmg dealt. (Demon barbs do full dmg in tiger form, all other tigers do 50% dmg)
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure that I see the part of this preview that says "clerics, you must heal everyone!"
    We're not saying they do, however have you ever been in a squad with a cleric that just DDed and didn't heal anyone? Those clerics lose friends fast.

I think it's likely that this is accounted for somehow, since it seems to be an obvious problem if they don't.
    The progress of a public quest is shared by everyone. That means, anyone doing the same quests will influence each others’ progress. Players might be cooperating, or they might be working against you.
    This is the interesting part to me. It sounds like you pick which side of some public quest you're on, and then you compete against people on the other side(s). Like you dig up one coal, and someone on the other side has to dig up one gravel to make up for it or they fall behind? And if your side is the first to meet all requirements, everyone on your side gets a reward? Thus you would have multiple requirements which would require people of all levels to farm the appropriate mats, kill the appropriate monsters, etc... for your side to win? The rewards, I'm guessing again of course, would then be divvied up based on your ranking in each requirement compared to others on your side. And if everyone jumps onto one side, then the reward will be smaller for everyone on that side since it's divvied up between more people.

That's just my guess, but it sounds interesting.

EDIT: Heh... I just read this, and it looks like I was around 50% right. :-/
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I believe we're mistreated as it is, saving ppl all the time gets no thanks for it, noone wait for our mana to regain even if we're on remz.
    it seems like ppl except evey cleric to be charmed

Thank you! God damnit my lvl 65 cleric was like sooo abused. Then I became infamous when I charged people to rezz and stuff. I ended up with 7mil before I retired b:victory. So yeah we do get abused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • CamilleB - Harshlands
    CamilleB - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:chuckle i cant wait to watch the pking chaos! i would be helping with the chaos..but sadly...no more pking! stupid faction...b:dirty Un4given tho!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Most people think just because I stay quiet when they QQ at me, that I am afraid. No. The reason? There is no need to say a word, or be afraid. After all, I killed YOU.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    haha lol
    so much of QQing on this thread xD

its a expansion, not a sale

hurray ? :D

i dont think clerics/barbs will be left out... tbh
    As you might have guessed, contribution means how much you have done in a quest. The contribution value is based on your monster kills, quest items collections, and damage inflicted to the boss, etc.
    i like potato
  • Skyhealing - Heavens Tear
    Skyhealing - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Since we are December 14 wait 2 days to 16th and everyone will get questions answered b:victory