Tailor Step 2 quest

Options
Himawary - Sanctuary
Himawary - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Im trying to lvl my tailor skill so i need to manufacture 3 different types of armors .I tried until now 5 times and didnt counted any ! I must use purified oil and silk thread so i can manufacture and arent easy to find at my lvl and in catshops are very expensive . Is there some game error, a joke or what? Its not funny, im with this quest now 10 lvls ! b:angry
Post edited by Himawary - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Katacomb - Lost City
    Katacomb - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well the only thing i can think about is, you need the lowest mats to pass from tailor 1 to tailor 2 by manufacturing the first row of armors. Then you go to the elder to buy the tailor 2 book. To pass fom tailor 2 to tailor 3 get the same mats as before (only in larger number) then buy from the elder the tailor 3 book. It works for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kun Kun almost killed me!b:cry
  • Vana_Chan - Sanctuary
    Vana_Chan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Im trying to lvl my tailor skill so i need to manufacture 3 different types of armors .I tried until now 5 times and didnt counted any ! I must use purified oil and silk thread so i can manufacture and arent easy to find at my lvl and in catshops are very expensive . Is there some game error, a joke or what? Its not funny, im with this quest now 10 lvls ! b:angry

You don`t have to make them yourself, it might be cheaper in the long run to buy 1 or more of the armors from AH/catshops.
  • Katacomb - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You don`t have to make them yourself, it might be cheaper in the long run to buy 1 or more of the armors from AH/catshops.

Yeah, but she said she wanted to get the tailor skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Tailoring has a random element to it. That is why you only have a 'chance' at creating the type of armors you want. It is much the same as Black-Smithing. As an example, I was trying to create 3* Kan and Li swords for my blademaster.

This required for each sword...

8 Purified Oil
    3 broken yellow jade
    2 copper bar's*

After close to 70 attempts, I finally created the swords.

*(the copper bars required...

2 rough fur
    2 concentrated glue
    2 high carbon steel ea to make. )

Needless to say, Farming all those materials was a pita. I got a LOT of 1* swords, a few 2* swords and only the one 3* sword after all was said and done.

Then three weeks later, decided to see if could create another one and after about 8 tries ended with a better 3* Kan and Li sword than the first one I made originally.

It's just pure chance basically.

~Saitada
  • Vana_Chan - Sanctuary
    Vana_Chan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, but she said she wanted to get the tailor skill.

Step 2 is a quest to learn level 4 skill, in which you have to hand in 3 specific 2* pieces of equipment. ^^
  • Katacomb - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Step 2 is a quest to learn level 4 skill, in which you have to hand in 3 specific 2* pieces of equipment. ^^

Then excuse my noob answer from before. I thought she was refering to tailor step 2 as the second tailor book. *b:beatenup myself*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Tailoring has a random element to it. That is why you only have a 'chance' at creating the type of armors you want. It is much the same as Black-Smithing. As an example, I was trying to create 3* Kan and Li swords for my blademaster.

This required for each sword...

8 Purified Oil
    3 broken yellow jade
    2 copper bar's*

After close to 70 attempts, I finally created the swords.

*(the copper bars required...

2 rough fur
    2 concentrated glue
    2 high carbon steel ea to make. )

Needless to say, Farming all those materials was a pita. I got a LOT of 1* swords, a few 2* swords and only the one 3* sword after all was said and done.

Then three weeks later, decided to see if could create another one and after about 8 tries ended with a better 3* Kan and Li sword than the first one I made originally.

It's just pure chance basically.

~Saitada

You're talking at least 80-100k worth of mats at minimum catshop price....times 78 attempts. So, something like 7m for a 3* Kan and Li?

And that's why my craft skill is level 1 lol
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You're talking at least 80-100k worth of mats at minimum catshop price....times 78 attempts. So, something like 7m for a 3* Kan and Li?

And that's why my craft skill is level 1 lol

b:shocked You can get craftsman skill to level 3 using nothing but easily mineable pig iron and either sandstone or rough coal (level 2 and 3 rings require no mob drop mats.) b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:shocked You can get craftsman skill to level 3 using nothing but easily mineable pig iron and either sandstone or rough coal (level 2 and 3 rings require no mob drop mats.) b:laugh

At my level, level 3 craft wouldn't really serve much purpose though
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It would let you decompose stuff you pick up helping on lower level FBs (talking mob drops here, not boss drops) or BHs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Himawary - Sanctuary
    Himawary - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    True, pure chance to get them but tooo expensive b:sad
  • Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary
    Lunk_Warleg - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Those 3 items are specially designed to be hard to get :

1* items you get from normal mob drops
    3* Items you may get from boss drops
    But the 2* can only be crafted. So yes in a long run paying at least 500k on each of the 3 items may be more profitable.

I ended up my tailoring now and got
    -1 item from second try
    -1 item from first try
    -1 item after 6-7 tries.
    Over all it was very very nice (On another character I farmed mats, spent another 1,5M on some other mats and got absolutely none of the 3 items needed for blacksmith path)

I know everybody says is pure chance, but recently I am starting to believe some of Dukes rumors are true --> my tailoring was made in a place with almost no players around me and I got 3 items out of 9 tries in total.

PW database stated that the probabilty for making a 2* item is 40% (most of the crafted items at least), but experience thought me that it can be way lower.

Good luck with your items Himawary!
    ~Lun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]