Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Mephistic - Dreamweaver
    Mephistic - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have been thinking the reason everything in-game has gotten expensive is because PWI doesn't have enough restrictions on boutique items. By restrictions I mean the "tradeable and non-tradeable" states of many items.

To my knowledge like 98%(rough estimate) of the stuff in the boutique is tradeable, so that means people can make money off of almost everything. What if some things were made non-tradeable. That should decrease gold prices because there will be less people interested in buying boutique items for the high prices that paying players ask.

Then you might say... "but, I won't be able to get what I want as easily and I may have to pay with my own money". Even if that may be the case, don't forget about that little add-in where players can sell/trade gold for in-game coin. So those who don't spend money also benefit from this change, since there will be less items the paying players can make money off of, they will be more inclined to sell their gold cheaper in that gold trade thing. Thus decreasing gold prices and in-game inflation (in theory lol)

All this said, my point is... for progress to occur something has to be given or taken. We can't all expect to get what we want AND have the prices in our favor as well.
    I think I'm on to something here, so input/feedback would be great, I want to know what you all think about this kind of scenario.

b:victory
  • X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    X_Boot_x - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so lemme get this strait, they put the ani packs in and messed up the ah for this patch. I can no longer afford to buy charms in this game, is it really their goal to make his a heavy cash shopper game, with only the people paying 20$ a week or more being able to play?

What was your first clue?
    I gave up healing for more immediate methods.

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What if some things were made non-tradeable. That should decrease gold prices because there will be less people interested in buying boutique items for the high prices that paying players ask.

You couldn't be more wrong. The whole purpose to have fashion is to be unique. It cost you to be unique. So if something become non-tradeable. It is something unique. The gold price will inflate over night just so a few people would want to have them to be rare.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I noticed no announcement of packs returning, no answer from GMs, and now new bugs in the AH.

Was the reintroduction of the Anniversary Packs intentional?

Are they now permanent?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have been thinking the reason everything in-game has gotten expensive is because PWI doesn't have enough restrictions on boutique items. By restrictions I mean the "tradeable and non-tradeable" states of many items.

To my knowledge like 98%(rough estimate) of the stuff in the boutique is tradeable, so that means people can make money off of almost everything. What if some things were made non-tradeable. That should decrease gold prices because there will be less people interested in buying boutique items for the high prices that paying players ask.

Then you might say... "but, I won't be able to get what I want as easily and I may have to pay with my own money". Even if that may be the case, don't forget about that little add-in where players can sell/trade gold for in-game coin. So those who don't spend money also benefit from this change, since there will be less items the paying players can make money off of, they will be more inclined to sell their gold cheaper in that gold trade thing. Thus decreasing gold prices and in-game inflation (in theory lol)

All this said, my point is... for progress to occur something has to be given or taken. We can't all expect to get what we want AND have the prices in our favor as well.
    I think I'm on to something here, so input/feedback would be great, I want to know what you all think about this kind of scenario.

b:victory

The economy would break even more lol, you're only looking it at your point of view.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Is a perm item now......... but u are right any announcement and we had a new path from the server maintenance then maybe is bugged
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well...here is thread #456434132154 about it.

Considering the GM's are proabbly just getting into work we will have to see.

Although I am inclined to say that it is a slight "fluke" and might leave with what would be "regular" maintenance tonite. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Oh yea boderlands looks pretty good.

Damn them for delaying Bioshock 2 though......
    edited November 2009
    You couldn't be more wrong. The whole purpose to have fashion is to be unique. It cost you to be unique. So if something become non-tradeable. It is something unique. The gold price will inflate over night just so a few people would want to have them to be rare.

I see your reasoning TP, but I am more concerned with diverting the power away from the paying players. Even if the items become more "unique", there is still the fact that they make their money off of other players...if those players refuse to buy-- a reduction in prices is inevitable, since it's non-tradeable they will be stuck with it... So maybe allowing boutique items to be sold in the Auction house only?

I'm not saying this will happen overnight, but this may be an option that could even out the playing field.
    edited November 2009
    Yea :( I guess I'd have to make everyone think like me lol... but it was sounding good. Oh well. At least it's out there to discuss now haha.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    another patch.. another bug.. shocker...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I noticed no announcement of packs returning, no answer from GMs, and now new bugs in the AH.

Was the reintroduction of the Anniversary Packs intentional?

Are they now permanent?

haven't you heard... they are back by popular demand.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited November 2009
    If you ask me it sounds like an intentional accident.
  • joaomed
    joaomed Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hum Seriously, is this really permanent?
    Why no annoucement?
    If you plan on doing something please let us know, because you are just ruining the game, I mean, its already ruined. I used to love this game Q_Q
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    im hoping it was a fluke but we'll see if we ever get a response...b:cute
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    im hoping it was a fluke but we'll see if we ever get a response...b:cute

MID GET OFF THE FORUMS!!!!

BTW --> WTS> PACKS b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's the end of the world.

21ls9iv.jpg

Honestly though this is kind of getting ridiculous.
  • Midnight - Lost City
    Midnight - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yeah you say it but never respondb:bye
  • Squirrel - Harshlands
    Squirrel - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If every faction leaders in all servers organize his faction for mass protest (exemplarily all ppl go in south archosaur at same time) against this anni pack
    we can win ad they will remove that event thing

for all of this operates in opposition to game developers we need to stick together
  • Xehalest - Heavens Tear
    Xehalest - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What.. again b:shocked

This is totally increasing prices for like everything.. b:cry
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I knew they would come back.. but not in 1 day. You guys need to realize how this affects the ingame economy. You need to give it more time to relax next time. >,>
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If every faction leaders in all servers organize his faction for mass protest (exemplarily all ppl go in south archosaur at same time) against this anni pack
    we can win ad they will remove that event thing

for all of this operates in opposition to game developers we need to stick together

Good luck organising that one.

1% of the player base controls the economy because they are the people who have most of the money and who buy the gold. The other 99% of the population have to follow the trend because they aren't rich enough to say otherwise.

Therefore, even if these 99% of people quit, PWI would not suffer. Because the 1% of people who spent all the money in the first place would still be there with all their end-game gear, buying from the cash shop. And sadly, the 99% of players would be slowly refilled with new players coming onto the game.

New players who would never ragequit because they had no idea what PWI was like before all this.

Therefore, 99% of people could leave PWI and nothing would change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    far.jpg

I was looking forward to playing without the urge to buy anni packs.. b:cry
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Happy 1 year 2 month anniversary PWI!!

The real anniversary was bad enough (ty for the mount tho b:thanks), and why you decided to extend it an additional month is beyond me, but now this? Really? On behalf of all of us that cant afford to get a second mortgage on our house cough*nupayne*cough: **** you PWI

I really really hope this is some sort of mistake due to the update tho b:shocked
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Yeah you say it but never respondb:bye

1) Sold you some last nite b:cute

2) At work and not in-game b:cute

3) I could not sell you some tonite b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2009
    Wondering why there is still no GM response at all....
  • fireempress
    fireempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    can we please never ever ever ever ever ever ever see the anni packs again?
    they wreck the economy.
    and i thought u said they would be taken away this month(though u said that 2 months ago too)
    it would be great if we could get a rough estemate of when these things will stop wrecking the economy once and for all. TY^^
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oh FFS ppl just STFU.
    As I said before on these topic, PWI has an interest to keep gold at a certain value. 500k seems to be good for business. As soon as gold dropped to 350, anni packs were back to fix that.
    On MY servers gold is much more than here. Business is good there, so the model will be applied here. Gold price is still at about 60% of where PWI wants it to be. Expect more events that will increase gold prices.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    oh FFS ppl just STFU.
    As I said before on these topic, PWI has an interest to keep gold at a certain value. 500k seems to be good for business. As soon as gold dropped to 350, anni packs were back to fix that.
    On MY servers gold is much more than here. Business is good there, so the model will be applied here. Gold price is still at about 60% of where PWI wants it to be. Expect more events that will increase gold prices.

I personally do not deny that things might get up to PW-MY status. However, if that is the case, then they need to take out items such as Chest of Coins.

We will see what happens, I maintain that this was a "slight error" but we will know tonite if not sooner today. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.