Assassin / Psychic OP Skills Discuss and QQ Thread

Comments

• Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The only thing that is gonna suck about these two classes, is that since they are not original classes, they will have a harder time forging their way into the squads of today. Untill we get these classes into the 70's we wont really know what they can really do. But I hope they succeed, it adds variety to a dulling game.
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    O dont worry, the voyage to lvl 70 will be a short one, considering there are more cash shoppers then ever and yes i do believe it will bring more variety to this decadencing game. Its gonna be a fun ride :) haha
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    another good reason not to come back ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    ? Really, a bad reason 2 come back is that people get higher levels faster even though they are noobs, idk about you but it seems coming back 2 kick there a**es is good enough 4 meh XD
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Zhao_Yu - Heavens Tear
    Zhao_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    its going to be so fun playin these Tideborns, i cant wait. If only they could patch it.... *begins 2 get sad*
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Yep it surely is, I cant w8 to first see the town and then open the skills menu 2 see what skills we can look forward 2 XD

~Silver
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    but you know that after the first 3 or 4 days theres prolly gonna be some 7/8x tideborn cause people are storing up oracles now
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    but you know that after the first 3 or 4 days theres prolly gonna be some 7/8x tideborn cause people are storing up oracles now

None of them will know how to play the class....b:surrender
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    None of them will know how to play the class....b:surrender

^ this, also, that would not be very smartb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Ya for all those that store oracles are going 2 be in a rude awaking when it comes 2 pking XD

~Silver
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    doest matter if it will be smart to do it they will oracle there way up anyways lol
  • Boned - Lost City
    Boned - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sure, 3 to 4 days after release there will be 7x and 8x tideborns with absolutely no idea how to play the class or any decent amount of spirit to buy their skills for their level. Sounds like a threat.

I really hope that before release the dev's make a dev diary for these two classes. That'll be awesome! I sooooo wanna see these skills in action.

.....Am I the only one that watched the dev diary's? b:shocked
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sure, 3 to 4 days after release there will be 7x and 8x tideborns with absolutely no idea how to play the class or any decent amount of spirit to buy their skills for their level. Sounds like a threat.

I really hope that before release the dev's make a dev diary for these two classes. That'll be awesome! I sooooo wanna see these skills in action.

Most likely, idk wat is that lol
  • Boned - Lost City
    Boned - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Most likely, idk wat is that lol

HAHAHA go look on youtube they have vids of every race and the classes in that race and different stuff its pretty sweet.

Even though its all common knowledge...

I just hope they make one for tideborn before they release them so we can see how radical they are.
  • Black_lce - Heavens Tear
    Black_lce - Heavens Tear Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited October 2009

i think the gm's should walk around as a sin/psy and see if anyone notices haha
  • MorganLaFay - Lost City
    MorganLaFay - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty sure people would notice especially since they are gm's. As well as the fact that the sins use daggers, and the psys have glowing orbs in their hand. Based on the picture.
    Phoenix to the face bishes!!! :D
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I watched them. -raises hand-
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    BTW, in another game I used to play... Rogues (Assassins) had lots of +% damage/attk skills BUT the mobs had to be lower or same level area of the player which if they do that here, will not affect BOSSES unless you play a lower instance etc. AND they had to hit the back of the mob/player to have that chance. ( If they do that in game, in PVP it will be a "dance" between both players to try to avoid having their back to the assassin)
    They also had invisibility and sneak (which was a big reduce movement speed), which again the % of success varied on 1st: what kind of mob, (Ex: skeleton/undead etc were seeing invisibility/sneak) 2nd: what level, higher the mob was, less % of chance they had for the invisibilty/sneak to work.
    IF Devs do that also in this game, they will not be OP.But they were great DPS which is always good :)

As of the Psychic, they seems to be a little bit like the enchanter of that other game, not quite the same though, but the role will probably be the same as it was in that other game. Debuff/Buff, decent damage/AOE, the difference was in the other game, enchanter were crowd control which Psychic don't seem to have here.

That's my opinion, don't think any of the classes will be OP, but only time will tell :)

I myself will make a Psychic as per am not a melee kind of girl :)
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    One thing people might want to do: if your TT weapon upgrade has cheap mats right now, buy them now. the 2 classes will likely have TT recipes made for them using existing materials; at a guess some of the less used ones. And when you consider how many people will be making these alts, prices can quickly go high fast.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Tideborn alt? Pssh, it'll be my main. XD
  • Gauthier - Heavens Tear
    Gauthier - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:chuckle Finally, it will be the venos QQ'ing this time! :D
  • Revlic - Dreamweaver
    Revlic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I count 23 assassin and 26 psychic skills. The skill counts for current classes are:
    BM - 42
    Wiz - 32
    Archer - 28
    Cleric - 35
    Barb - 31
    Veno - 36 (including one disabled)

Are you sure those are full skill lists? Unless they're focusing on quality rather than quantity they seem pretty low. Especially when you consider two of those are likely level 79 skills and two are level 100 skills. That wouldn't leave a whole lot of other skills there to use, especially if some of them are merman/mermaid form only much like skills in barb/veno skill trees.

You misunderstood the law. The law in China simply says individuals can't sell virtual property for coin. Think of the stereotypical chinese coin farmer in MMO's, who then sells that coin to other players. That's what they made illegal, but only illegal when the server is located in china.

Will Tide Born Have Its Own?b Mermaid Skills Ore Use Tide Born Skills In Mermaid Form (Like Using barb Skills In Tiger Form)b:surrender
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will Tide Born Have Its Own?b Mermaid Skills Ore Use Tide Born Skills In Mermaid Form (Like Using barb Skills In Tiger Form)b:surrender

im almost sure that tide born will have skills that are restricted to the class...

if not why would u go out of the form that gives u +50% defence ? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As much as some people think the new classes will be OP, I'm thinking something more along the lines of the poster who said "the skills may be for a very specific use, making them less powerful depending on the situation" or something similar.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    im almost sure that tide born will have skills that are restricted to the class...

if not why would u go out of the form that gives u +50% defence ? b:shocked
    The form is only available underwater....
    As much as some people think the new classes will be OP, I'm thinking something more along the lines of the poster who said "the skills may be for a very specific use, making them less powerful depending on the situation" or something similar.

+1 <3spoonsb:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009

thank god, now people dont have anything to QQ about.

~Silver
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yay they can only go insivisible for 21 seconds max!~
    without pots or anything.
    xD
    5% total mana per second = 20 seconds + 1 second for any natural regen that kicks in.
    but that means they can't cast anything if they reach you lols.
    b:shocked

"
    Explosion
    deal 500 fire dmg on target and all enemies 20 meters around him."
    whut 20 meters?
    It's OVER NINE TEEN~!!!!!!
    thats like the biggest aoe in the game then.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    xD
    5% total mana per second = 20 seconds + 1 second for any natural regen that kicks in.

"
    Explosion
    whut 20 meters?
    (>.<)'

where did u get your information for the stealth of 21 secs for....

~Silver
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    xD

"
    Explosion
    whut 20 meters?
    (>.<)'

why would they even care about 21 seconds. slap an mp charm on there and its invisible for the duration of the charm.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    where did u get your information for the stealth of 21 secs for....

me can has algebra? and calculus and particle physics?? hmmm? *wait no one read the last 2 parts of that >.<' that be me ebil ebil plans* b:shocked
    b:thanks
    me will try not to overload your brain...
    5% drain per seconds leads to a depletion time of 20 seconds (as thats when 100% of mana is used up. 100/5 = 20) factoring in natural mana regen would add about an extra 1 second assuming that the skill doesn't allow for fractions of a second of invisi. (Now this be in the situation where the assassin is running away relying solely on invisibility *as it seems no other class can detect them* which would buy then 21 seconds.
    >.>
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]