Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm afraid that the one who decided to put packs back knew that only real life cash users can affort anni packs.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like that they are back and will be buying some again. the chances of end game gear are really so small it's not a reason to get the packs. but oracles and flawless gems are very nice from them, as well as all the level 11 skill books you can get from the pages you trade tokens for. many of those skills cant be received another way currently.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PWI what are you thinking? Why bring out Anniversary Packs when it's not your anniversary? This is such a grab for people's wallets. I know that cash shopping supports the game; and I understand that it's up to each individual to spend or not spend money on this game. However, you are really making yourself look bad. Do you even care about the players at all or has the money blinded you into becoming so greedy that you don't care that you are slowly bringing about the downfall of PWI?

With competition like A.ION coming out can you really afford to be driving away so many players? The gold prices are outrageous, the economy is out-of-whack, and you're allowing the richer players to pull further and further ahead of the players who are unable to cash-shop. Eventually, players who don't cash-shop will be unable to even play on the PvP server because players will not even be able to withstand the higher level players who were able to +12 their lunar gear.

Think about it PWI!!!
  • Sumara - Heavens Tear
    Sumara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've used the cs alot, but having the anniversary packs again, it's just too much. I'd rather do some kind of quest for tokens (or even cube) to get tokens than to get them from the packs.
  • Slake - Harshlands
    Slake - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PWI what are you thinking? Why bring out Anniversary Packs when it's not your anniversary? This is such a grab for people's wallets. I know that cash shopping supports the game; and I understand that it's up to each individual to spend or not spend money on this game. However, you are really making yourself look bad. Do you even care about the players at all or has the money blinded you into becoming so greedy that you don't care that you are slowly bringing about the downfall of PWI?

With competition like A.ION coming out can you really afford to be driving away so many players? The gold prices are outrageous, the economy is out-of-whack, and you're allowing the richer players to pull further and further ahead of the players who are unable to cash-shop. Eventually, players who don't cash-shop will be unable to even play on the PvP server because players will not even be able to withstand the higher level players who were able to +12 their lunar gear.

Think about it PWI!!! CQ for instance has made more than 9 BILLION coin in game and can purchase the best gear, flex the economy, and squander any attempts of a "change of territory." You are only allowing them to become more strong so that they have complete control of the server.

But it IS an anniversary! It's the second october! yay!
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I had hoped that with the loss of the packs the economy would begin to stabilize to the level of what it had before the packs had been introduced. I have been watching the prices of SoF and phoenix very slowly go down as I waited. Now, with the reinclusion of those packs ppl going for nix and herc w/ the current inability to cash shop are again being hurt by this event. At the very least I wonder if feathers/SoF could at least be included into the trade to allow them a chance to stabilize, as should silver/gold charms. If something is going to push gold up measures should at least be taken to help other things hurt by the rise in an attempt to balance.

In short, these packs have probably been the cause of the current decline of both the economy and existing/new player base.
  • yorubi
    yorubi Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    BRING BACK THE PACKS, DAMNIT! 003.gif003.gif003.gif
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:shutup I think a way to fix this little issue is to make those packs activate a quest causing them to have to work for opening the packs causing them to open less and them wanting them less and you still get money from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liske - Lost City
    Liske - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Uhm... i really really don't like this...
    Yes many people have quit playing over last sale, including many cash shoppers... ANd many cash shoppers stopped cash shopping.
    I don't understand what PWI is trying to do? Lose even more players? Unbalance the game even more? ...?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What this really seems like is the greed of two people. The players, AND the game devlopers, which in my honest opinion started with the latter. I am not saying that making money is bad, but a lot of the former is getting annoyed with how much they are getting screwed with the GD'S making all the goods.

I am sure a lot of people are unhappy with the re-release of the anniversary packs, myself being one of them, though I must admit that it may be partly due to the fact that I can't even come close to affording them atm, or anytime near in the future.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I believe he asked for constructive criticism, so thats what i will offer: The majority of the player base, at least the player base that uses the forums is clearly very opposed to the re-release of the anniversary packs. A few are happy they can sell gold for more that non-pack rates, and a few are happy that they can pretty much purchase endgame gear without having to work in-game for it. That being said, the re-release of an item that makes a huge profit for the PW company again after they where so recently removed appears to be a very transparent attempt to take the players for all they are worth, and reduces the faith of the players in the PW company that the company is interested in providing them with a immersive and fun playing experience, and instead sees their players as dollar signs only.

I dont believe that making this type of impression on players in beneficial for the company in the short or long term, it damages the reputation of the company and may drive players away faster than it attracts them. Personally i spent over $100 last month on the packs, this time i will not spend a dime on them. Not because i dont think that the contents of the pack arent worth it, but because the blatant and over the top specter of profiteering is that much of a deterrent. I would venture to guess that many of the "cash shop" players are as offended as those who play for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Uhm... i really really don't like this...
    Yes many people have quit playing over last sale, including many cash shoppers... ANd many cash shoppers stopped cash shopping.
    I don't understand what PWI is trying to do? Lose even more players? Unbalance the game even more? ...?

That'$ what I gathered, anyway... Among other thing$... Which I won't $ay becau$e I don't want banned...
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think that the public view on the packs could be more easily determined by simply looking at a poll...90% of people who voted said that they didn't want the packs back...does that mean nothing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • jaguaria
    jaguaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The packs are a 2 edged sword. On one hand they drive the price of gold up where you can't get some items from cash shop for reasonable prices, like charms. On the other hand it makes other items cheaper like WC. I noticed before they took the anniversary packs out WC was selling for 15-16k, after they were up to 30k. I guess it all comes down to what items people need more at a reasonable price. Maybe leave the packs in, but make them cheaper, say 50 silver. Maybe gold go down more, more packs will sell, so more items in the economy so prices will be lower. I don't know, just an idea. Might actually be worse. But ehh. lol
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think that the public view on the packs could be more easily determined by simply looking at a poll...90% of people who voted said that they didn't want the packs back...does that mean nothing?

But those 10 percent who do will pay. So, in the end...GMs have families to feed, so..do what you gotta do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Pirate_Pete - Harshlands
    Pirate_Pete - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    * stumbles into thread*

Have any of ya land lubbers seen my buried treasure?? YARR!

* stumbles out of thread*
  • /Alex/ - Sanctuary
    /Alex/ - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2009

GMs are only doing this because their job dictates they must. they already know our answer lol

thx for stickin thru all this **** from us GMs, you know we wubs juu b:cute

ontopic: i don't care either way, i play this game for the people involved in it, not for some childish "omg my epeen is bigger than yours" contest (yes, that means i b:heart you all, even those i troll b:laugh)
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    But those 10 percent who do will pay. So, in the end...GMs have families to feed, so..do what you gotta do.
    Yes but their kids dont neccessarily need to eat nothing but caviar and lobster.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • lygerclawfang
    lygerclawfang Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i'll be honest, i really did try to avoid paying cash to play the game with the little annoyances it tends to have over many other pay to play games. realizing that the normal non paying players do help support the community is what should be looked at.

my only real goal for now is to be able to buy the wedding packs for me and my girlfriend, which now with the re-introduction of the anniversary packs has made it twice as difficult since they are only available through the boutique. so weeks of farming has turned into months trying to get the gold together to buy them. not cool, since the coins i was farming were going to people who were buying them with RMT. of course this pushes me more towards just paying for them, on the other hand it puts a sour taste in my mouth wondering if something like this will happen that will make us want to leave the game, having wasted the money anyways, so i will not purchase them with real cash. especially since it is just a title.

this thread is just a front as i see it, to make people think that the community relations actually cares. after having read about the past anniversary pack experiences i know my gut is right and this is just a lame attempt to tap more money from the gamblers while placing the in game economy under stress and doubling the cost of gold.
  • RanSama - Sanctuary
    RanSama - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, there went my prediction of gold going down to 125k by Halloween.

Seriously, PWE? Did you not make enough the first time around? This is going to ruin the game for a LONG time, and I just don't see myself living through another month of this.
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes but their kids dont neccessarily need to eat nothing but caviar and lobster.

Yeah, that is not a healthy diet. I am assuming the GMs would give their children a proper nutritionally good diet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • thoriumxenon
    thoriumxenon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    No offense but... we tried the constructive criticism stuff last time.

Considering the "anniversary" packs are back again, obviously it didn't work.

Hellooo? *knocks on monitor glass* Anyone home, PWI Overlords? Anyone paying attenion? We HATE the anniversary packs. Two weeks after the anniversary packs were gone, gold prices were still more than double what they were before September. The economy did not recover, it is worse. One of the biggest complaints is the gold prices, so why not simply cap the gold price--just sell gold through a NPC for 150k coins or 200k coins or some reasonable arbitrary number. You DO realize that you make your money off cash shop items, and a huge majority of players are being cut off from wanting to participate in cash shop purchases, right? We are just hoarding our coin and or quitting the game out of disgust. Of course you have gold traders buying more gold, but I highly doubt they are making up for in volume what the rest of us would buy just for our regular cash shop purchases. And why not just turn off the Duke spam from the anniversary items, no one likes it? Yes, you want to sell more ZEN, but do you get that many of us CAN'T buy ZEN, but we still put cash in your pockets buy buying gold from the gold traders (who purchase it with ZEN) using our in-game coin, and we won't do it if we can't get a decent amount of gold from all our hard work grinding and making our normal coin profit through our catshops. You treat us like we don't matter, but I'm willing to bet *WE* are the majority of your customers. There are mounts and many upgrades that I want to buy, but I won't do it until gold prices drop significantly.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Last month results showed how popular the sale was. If you read the forums people were complaining as much, however, PWE sold gold in record number, which makes the packs very popular.

The forums are no indication of how popular something is, it just show how popular the something is among a very small percentage of the player base.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    Last month results showed how popular the sale was. If you read the forums people were complaining as much, however, PWE sold gold in record number, which makes the packs very popular.

The forums are no indication of how popular something is, it just show how popular the something is among a very small percentage of the player base.

Umm...yeah. Sure. You keep believing that. I'll just remember the many times I saw Duke spamming my chat box with red and ONE player being named in every single one of those red chats. When ONE person buys a lot of packs, it will make it seem popular. If you put asparagus flavored ice cream in a store, and one person buys it all, does that make it popular? I think not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Ryuu_Takara - Dreamweaver
    Ryuu_Takara - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OMG....not another month of these damn things...tell me when it's over and i might be back. Come on, enough is enough...at least CQ had events, you have another anniversary pack...is that for halloween as well?? maybe i'll check out A ion to see what kind of things they are doing...Damnit PWI you're getting lame...i really used to love this game, but anymore....i don't know...b:sad
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    History just repeats itself...i just lol with all the QQrs.

Do you know how many ppl that said they'll quit at last sale i still see around? Almost all of them.
    Do you know how many ppl that QQ about packs i saw their names shouted by Duke? A LOT.

Ppl spend their money as they please. Each individual as much as he can afford or find that he dont mind spending on a game.
    Can you blame another person cause he can afford an expensive car and beats you in a street race?
    Same rule applies here. PWI is a hobby for lots of ppl, they spend most of their free hours in here so i see no problem supporting the company that has the game and enjoy it :)

We all did fine during last sale, we'll be just fine again. Please dont repeat the same old QQs.

I can feel the rage of ppl that don't want to pay anything for this game BUT you CANT QQ about the ppl that actually make this game free for you.

That was all, sry for the rant, Happy 2nd anniversary b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Umm...yeah. Sure. You keep believing that. I'll just remember the many times I saw Duke spamming my chat box with red and ONE player being named in every single one of those red chats. When ONE person buys a lot of packs, it will make it seem popular. If you put asparagus flavored ice cream in a store, and one person buys it all, does that make it popular? I think not.

As long as it keeps selling, I am sure the store will keep stocking it. Just because you do not like that flavour, it does not mean that it is not their best selling one.

Also, how do you know that the numbers of the poll do not reflect people voting with all their alts? It is really not that hard to vote with an alt.... Also note that the voting was nowhere near the number of people posting, it was far far more votes than comments, which is not that normal, if you have ever seen any polls on these forums.. the postings are usualy far more than the number of votes, not the other way around.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • lygerclawfang
    lygerclawfang Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    they could also just have added more desirable items to the boutique or adjusted the prices to make them more appealing to draw in more people.

these packs and their reintroduction is just plain stupid if you ask me. gold prices are going to be rediculous if you want anything from the cash shop and don't want to buy it with real cash. i feel like a sweat shop employee now.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would venture to guess that many of the "cash shop" players are as offended as those who play for free.

QFT. I can afford a ton of those packs. I was actually thinking about spending a large sum of money on some things in this game. I've got Alts I've been working on, and I was thinking about buying them some Mounts, Aerogear, Storage, and making them Tomes, which would have required Tome Pages from the Cash Shop. Guess what? I'm not about to now. With this amount of BS, I'm not spending a dime on this game for a very, very long time, if ever again. In fact, I'm getting to the point where I might not even play this game again. I'm a console gamer by nature anyway.

The lack of respect for their player base is just appalling. This is actually WORSE than my previous MMO, and I left that one. Even though the updates failed, the expansions were a joke, they at least listened to their player base, and tried to make fixes accordingly... Those fixes may not have been optimal to everyone, but they at least tried. Here... We've got an "Anniversary Pack." Which was annoying, but at least a celebration of a year of PWI. It was not, however, nothing but a money grab. Releasing it AFTER the anniversary is over, however, IS a money grab. And that is all you can really call it. There was no popular demand, despite what the intro screen to the game would have you believe, we DID NOT WANT IT BACK. The only real demand from this was from the pocketbooks of those on the receiving end of all that cash.

If you wanted to release a pack with sweet things in it, why didn't you release the Palace Packs, or the Craftsman Packs again. I would have bought those in a heartbeat. I loved the 3 star gear you had a chance to get. It wasn't legendary, it was just your average, ordinary gear, at a reasonable price. They didn't destroy the economy. But you released the "ANNIVERSARY PACK." Can I stress that word enough??? ANNIVERSARY! Not "Random Day Pack". Not "We Want Your Money Pack" ANNIVERSARY PACK. And that is the dumbest thing, in a loooooong line of dumbest things I have seen in all the time I've been playing this game.
    edited October 2009
    Also, how do you know that the numbers of the poll do not reflect people voting with all their alts? It is really not that hard to vote with an alt.... Also note that the voting was nowhere near the number of people posting, it was far far more votes than comments, which is not that normal, if you have ever seen any polls on these forums.. the postings are usualy far more than the number of votes, not the other way around.

I guess you have to trust people...heaven forbid. I mean, we trust PWE and get screwed at every turn. But enough ranting. Maybe the reason the votes are far more numerous is people don't want to be seen as QQers posting in EVERY single thread talking about the APs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.