Version 188 Bug List / Discussion

Comments

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Two genies skills I've tested -

Blinding sand - Decrease accuracy and cast speed of the target by 6%

Their cast speed went down, but accuracy stayed the same.

Mantle Ripple of Death - Has 100% chance of reducing chi by 20 constantly for 60 seconds at level 10

I've tested it on my friend and nothing happened.

Either I'm reading these descriptions wrong or does it not work?
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Mantle Ripple of Death - Has 100% chance of reducing chi by 20 constantly for 60 seconds at level 10

The reduce resistance / stat genie skills were mostly nerfed or removed because they pretty much all stack with player skills of the same type. For instance blinding sand + veno befuddling mist gave like -140% accuracy.

The GMs have already said that in game descriptions of genie skills are not all accurate yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There's a 1-2second animation lag on Essential Sutra, doesn't seem to have an effect the skill, however.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009

The accuracy debuff reduces the accuracy stat, not the accuracy chance. Due to the way their formulas appear to work, even a 70% accuracy debuff can cause you to only see the rate you're being hit decrease by say 5%. It's the 98%, 99%, and of course 100% accuracy where you see a true benefit in pve. In PvP even that won't really do much to hit rates because only base accuracy is debuffed, not all accuracy on a player (any player) is base.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh and btw you need to hit confirm or it wont notice you changed it.

Don't you think i know that you have to press confirm to ensure it accepts it? I always make sure I hit confirm but it still doesnt explain why for the times I had it checked to end the flight it didn't but as soon as I un-check it it lands me in the middle of a place where if I hadn't been paying attention I would have died..........
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lands me in the middle of a place where if I hadn't been paying attention I would have died..........

because pwi's autopathing system is EPIC FAIL... i know plenty of mmos that have waypoint-based autopathing systems, i think Jade Dynasty has it if i remember right, so why can't pwi's? lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a lvl52 genie with lvl8 or 9 ToP (i think its 9, but not sure XD) and i was able to connect during an hour tonight, i tested the skill without restating or anything and, it worked. Don't know how come cause i didnt change anything on my genie.
    panther mount reset back to speed 9 and it was speed 11

b:shocked *****...

"Want to connect to look at alt's panther" Oh wait, internet connection where i am = bullsh!t so cant playb:sad I cant check my alt's pantherb:cry
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009

mantle ripple of death worked for my friend (tested it on me) i only lost a spark over time though.....
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When you are flying at a great height and deactivate your aerogear:

As long as I've been playing, the aerogear still shows when you fall.

But new: The aerogear still shows even after you have landed. It doesn't go away until you move.

And, of course, doing this is almost sure to prevent you from moving, due to stupid amounts of rubberbanding.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009

But new: The aerogear still shows even after you have landed. It doesn't go away until you move.

Also odd, is the animation while you fall on your aerogear. Like you said the aerogear still shows while you fall. But in the past, your feet were firmly planted on the aerogear as you fall (untamed & human, i dont know what happens with elf). But now, even tho the aerogear is still under you as you fall, your character animation is as if in free fall, and not planted on the falling aerogear.
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Also odd, is the animation while you fall on your aerogear. Like you said the aerogear still shows while you fall. But in the past, your feet were firmly planted on the aerogear as you fall (untamed & human, i dont know what happens with elf). But now, even tho the aerogear is still under you as you fall, your character animation is as if in free fall, and not planted on the falling aerogear.

With elf normally we would nosedive and as we approached the ground we would be ready to land on our feet. Now however we are always ready to land on our feet no matter what height.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Dunno how long this has been here:

The text for warning about genie stat points says: something like:
    "You are above 40, it will cost 2 points per level now"

But it warns, and the effect kicks in at, 45.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dunno how long this has been here:

The text for warning about genie stat points says: something like:
    "You are above 40, it will cost 2 points per level now"

But it warns, and the effect kicks in at, 45.

I don't even get that warning until I hit the confirm/complete/done whatever it's called button, it says nothing when I'm putting in the points (but does subtract 2).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009

And, of course, doing this is almost sure to prevent you from moving, due to stupid amounts of rubberbanding.

Haven't had this problem myself. But the rubber band glitch is getting to be a huge pain. As well as making the game look glitched and poorly made to new players. Could we at least get confirmation that this is being fixed?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We've confirmed that multiple times seph b:victory
  • Deirdrea - Dreamweaver
    Deirdrea - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm mad about the genie skill changes. Completely screwed up my damage dealing genie that I dumped so much STR into which is now useless after the changes.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    Whiite - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Another Genie bug.

My genie was level 1, since I didn't even bother to level it up. Then, the patch came, I went to do a crazy stone quest.

When I completed it, I got the exp, and since Genies get 10% EXP from quests, it leveled to level 4 instantly, but only giving 1 point for STR,DEX,MAG,VIT. So, instead of getting 3, I only recieved 1.

Is this supposed to happen?
    [SIGPIC]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgdgf6.png[/SIGPIC]

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • ItsMeLouTwo - Sanctuary
    ItsMeLouTwo - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *snip*
    Relentless Courage - Energy cost reduced by 15. Base values for all three effects reduced. Genie Dexterity points now increase the potency of all three effects by 1% per 20 points (old: only increased attack rate and channeling speed).
    *end snip*
    The info on genie says that only channeling speed is effected by Genie Dex, movement speed and attack speed are now adjusted by Str.
    No matter how far you go, there you are.b:beatup
  • OOmesuOo - Sanctuary
    OOmesuOo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i always see NPC ppl turning to ( ERROR ) o.o ..

anyone saw this ?

and my sister chara has a strange problem o.O ... when she or i send friends request to each other it doesn't apper o.o .. and after a whlie we got friends request time out >.<

and also i can't invite her to a squad but she can request to join my squad ..

it is just between us o.o !!

and she got this problem with some others too
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i always see NPC ppl turning to ( ERROR ) o.o ..

anyone saw this ?

This is actually a problem on your installation. If the model for an NPC (or other various things) is corrupt on your computer, it shows that "ERR" model. A simple, albeit long file verification will fix this.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    3) Characters can be bald in certain areas of the game and the character select screen. More generally other entities such as weapons or the genie can turn invisible under certain conditions.

this has been hapening to me be4 these patches
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:surprised wait animation delays......b:faint I am not getting animation delays I am getting sound delays I turn into fox form and Pressa does her thing and goes fox like 10 seconds later the sound *krrwhooshy* says that I have turned into a fox.............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    If we're posing old bugs too, here's one that annoy me:

Items coming unequipped.

Don't know what causes it, but sometimes I go to my inventory and discover - wtf? I have no sleeves on!
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dunno if its a glitch or the hottest trend in names, but half the catshops in west arch have no character portraits and the names are all P-3974748 etc. Different factions, and just in that area that I've noticed. weird right?
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • Zack - Sanctuary
    Zack - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Theres a really annoying bug with sound... When ever I walk around for a bit sound will turn on full blast for my right ear. Its fixed for about 5 minutes when I tab to another window then back to perfect world, but its really annoying. Temperary fix has been to turn my right speaker all the way down Which is almost as annoying.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Not sure which patch did this, but TT act 1 squad mode claims to need an ultimate substance, which it does not.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not sure which patch did this, but TT act 1 squad mode claims to need an ultimate substance, which it does not.

It does if it is high mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    It does if it is high mode.

Indeed, but the pillar text is for "Solo or squad mode" and you open up squad and it says "This will consume one ultimate substance"

Which, no. It doesn't. The NEXT pillar might, but I've not got there yet.
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    here's some things I fount out while playing today a lot more skills are sticking instead of just those 3 for the BM kinda pissing me off, also im still getting rubber banded back at the same spot from time to time, still have the gray looking spike hitting me with that new lobster they come out with annoys me toob:angry

fix the bugs b:cry
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I died twice today though no fault of my own that I can see. First I used illusion stone to get to hall of deception. Nothing happend. I could move around I could use the port menu. then like 20 seconds later it goes to loading screen and then poof I'm right outside door to HoD and I'm already dead.

Second I was on black mountain doing one of the many many kill taurox warlock quests. Got too much agro and decided to take to the air and escape. Never got more than 2 feat off the ground. Apparently they put an anchor on my aerogear, and I couldn't move up or laterally or unsummon it. Pet died too instead of stowing itself, which I suppose was my fault for thinking I'd be able to use the aerogear I paid for to actually fly.
    I Aim To Misbehave