Version 188 Bug List / Discussion

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Might as well try to keep things organized rather than in half a dozen different threads.

1) Genies do not display their XP properly after being unequipped

2) Some skill effects appear out of sync when the skill is used (fox form and Awaken are the ones I noticed).

3) Characters can be bald in certain areas of the game and the character select screen. More generally other entities such as weapons or the genie can turn invisible under certain conditions.

4) Aerogear/wings do not disappear until you move after landing.

5) Citrine / Turquoise gem filters in the AH are reversed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Tree still lists the old stamina cost (atleast level 10), showing 200 rather than 700.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    True Form, Fox Form, Soul Transfusion, and I am guessing Awaken are the ones I've noticed to be delayed in animation. The phoenix also turns invisible in certain conditions as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    True Form, Fox Form, Soul Transfusion, and I am guessing Awaken are the ones I've noticed to be delayed in animation. The phoenix also turns invisible in certain conditions as well.

b:shocked Invisible Phoenix b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Tree still lists the old stamina cost (atleast level 10), showing 200 rather than 700.

To quote Kantorek from the recent patch notes (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=427672)
    List of Genie Skill changes (Note: Not all skill changes are reflected accurately in-game. This will be fixed in a future maintenance).
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Due to these changes and the following list of Genie Skill changes, the Watcher of the Earth will offer 1 free Stone of Refreshment, and 80 Origination Orders to re-spec your Genie. Please note that this quest is only available once per character.

Just did this quest to pick up the items above. I'm at 45 veno and I got 1 Stone of Refreshment + 40 Origination Orders, not 80.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    iceknave wrote: »
    Just did this quest to pick up the items above. I'm at 45 veno and I got 1 Stone of Refreshment + 40 Origination Orders, not 80.

The Orders are level based I believe. Otherwise lower levels would be able to 100% restat attribute points, while others would not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The Orders are level based I believe. Otherwise lower levels would be able to 100% restat attribute points, while others would not.
    K, not a biggie for me (haven't bothered play around much with genies, just use them to suck up exp, lol...), though might **** off some people that they're not getting what the patch notes said they would get. Thanks.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Aerogear/wings do not disappear until you move after landing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Diamond Sutra, Alter Marrow Physical/Magical, Cloud Sprint and Will of Bodhisatva have all got delayed animations as well (about 3-4 seconds delay).

I've also noticed a small glitch with the auto-path-flying while doing WQ after the recent patch; when I use auto-path to fly to a destination with cancel fly mode ticked, my lailah's heart would stay under my feet when i'm on the ground until i move, not sure if this applies to other aerogears, but it happens to me.

EDIT: ah "kinda" beaten by Poison :P
  • Davester - Lost City
    Davester - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I only get 1% per kill with genie instead of 10%b:sad
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I only get 1% per kill with genie instead of 10%b:sad

not a bug, it has been made to do that its the exact same as the penalty with the fusing.

If it was 10% no matter what level you are, you would have level 9X/10X's getting 3X genies in a day

With the penalty it will stop this

The penalty you will get is worked out by

(Genie leve/Your level) x 10 = % of the exp the genie will gain (Will range from 10%>1%). If the value is less than 1 it will automatically turn to 1%
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im getting hit by odd lag spikes. Npc menus take forever to open, and ive had to force log out to fix it 4 times in less than 20 mins. Is anyone else getting hit by lag spikes? (And its happening in places like Etherblade, and Lost, not just West Arch)
  • Davester - Lost City
    Davester - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

(Genie leve/Your level) x 10 = % of the exp the genie will gain (Will range from 10%>1%). If the value is less than 1 it will automatically turn to 1%

Ahhh thanks that makes sense now but then its still gonna be a hassle to level it up first to a point where i can get a good amount of % from mobs b:shockedb:laugh
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I WAS GRINDING FISH AND MY HAIR FELL OUTb:cry IM BALD!b:shedtearb:sad
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    not a bug, it has been made to do that its the exact same as the penalty with the fusing.

If it was 10% no matter what level you are, you would have level 9X/10X's getting 3X genies in a day

With the penalty it will stop this

The penalty you will get is worked out by

So basically, 10% exp, then reduced by the infuse ratio.
  • Sakirah - Lost City
    Sakirah - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so I double checked this bug on different servers and even on my bros computer so it is legit. If you go into the auction house under the gems category, the citrine and the turquoise both link to each other rather than linking to their self in the filter menu.

make a note of this to fix in the next server maintenance.
    T.Y. <3 Gm's
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:shocked Invisible Phoenix b:shocked

Oh shiet. b:surrender
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • HeartStruck - Sanctuary
    HeartStruck - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I WAS GRINDING FISH AND MY HAIR FELL OUTb:cry IM BALD!b:shedtearb:sad

the fish ate your hair! nomnom, go kill them and get it back >=]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Illusion stone text is still broken. The last stage, where you confirm the coins you intend to spend to teleport, was reverted to be untranslated in the previous patch, and is still broken.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know this sounds silly (as do many of my posts) but doesn't it seem that for each bug they fix, at least two more take it's place?
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anyone think we should get more then 80 stones of refreshment and the spirit we used on our now useless genies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • KrimsonTears - Sanctuary
    KrimsonTears - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ToP won't cast. I went to watcher and got the goods, but even after re-distributing the affinity points so that it isn't grayed out, I still cannot cast it. Every time I try, I get a message, "Unable to cast Genie Skill." I currently have 124 energy and like 38k in Stamina, so by all rights, it should cast.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Is your genie the correct level to have trained it? Level 1 needs a level 31 genie, and it goes up from there.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Has anyone managed to check out the revised Essence Penetration yet?

Essence Penetration - This skill has been completely redesigned and renamed "Second Wind." Now instantly heals you for a small amount. Requisite Affinity Wood 1/Earth 1/Water 1. Minimum level 10. Genie Strength points increase the potency of the heal by 2% per point.

Looks tempting but I haven't gotten the chance to see how much it heals for.

Also just to point out...

Leaf Dance - This skill has been completely redesigned. Now increases your cristrike rate by 2%. Genie Strength points increase the duration by 1 second per point.

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so instead of fixing the rubber band glitch now when u land your flying mount still shows. lol.
    so many obvious bugs makes you wonder if they even bothered to test the game before they release a new update....
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Has anyone managed to check out the revised Essence Penetration yet?

Essence Penetration - This skill has been completely redesigned and renamed "Second Wind." Now instantly heals you for a small amount. Requisite Affinity Wood 1/Earth 1/Water 1. Minimum level 10. Genie Strength points increase the potency of the heal by 2% per point.

Looks tempting but I haven't gotten the chance to see how much it heals for.

Also just to point out...

Leaf Dance - This skill has been completely redesigned. Now increases your cristrike rate by 2%. Genie Strength points increase the duration by 1 second per point.

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

Someone posted about it elsewhere. Level 10 with 60 str is a 1740 heal. I'm not sure of the cooldown, energy, or stamina used.
  • Fellinia - Dreamweaver
    Fellinia - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As far as odd lag spikes go, I've been getting those for about 3 days now. Normally a smooth as silk gameplay, but lately on my veno and new archer, channelled skills and normal attacks seem to get out of sync, delayed, and/or animations stalled and then rushed together all at once complete with backwards walking enemies. I believe they might have put in some of this patch content during the last patch, as I noticed the new Leaf Dance description the other day (before this patch) at the Watcher NPC while working on a new genie.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As far as odd lag spikes go, I've been getting those for about 3 days now. Normally a smooth as silk gameplay, but lately on my veno and new archer, channelled skills and normal attacks seem to get out of sync, delayed, and/or animations stalled and then rushed together all at once complete with backwards walking enemies.

Granted I am on COMPLETELY different server and a Cleric, but I have had it where I would cast a spell or a chain of spells and it would take about 3-5seconds to cast. But I think my case has a lot to do with server lag, of course then again I never had monsters jump or my character not move for a few seconds or the people around me 'jump' around so I dunno. Could be the same thing but normally a re-log 5-10 times would fix it.b:surrender
  • Laycious - Heavens Tear
    Laycious - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Holy Path: Self Only

Why change something that already worked perfectly fine? There was nothing wrong with this skill, and many people worked hard to gain the skill for their genies for squad purposes only. Way to **** up once again! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Edit: Already a topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk