Version 188 Bug List / Discussion

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Had to get a new genie and start over from scratch but I managed to get my genie the same as it was. Earlier I had a Zeal with 40 magic so I got a Longevity and put the points I had in MAG into DEX since there is no point in having 40 MAG any more and I was able to make up for the lowering in effects, got my wind shield to reduce damage by 30% again, although I will never be able to save my tree.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm not going to lie, some of the genie skills were overpowered.

for certain class's I agree.. Like ToP for barbs.. but totally changing some of the skills for every class without any sort of refund of spirit/coins is a little.. lame?

In my opinion Genie skills should have been way at the bottom of the list of "to be fixed" list.

Rubberbanding is still an issue... one of the more irritating/ serious bugs.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rubberbanding is still on the plate for getting fixed, but when the issue is based on the game mechanics it's much more difficult to change than skills, which are in a somewhat different category. b:victory Don't worry though, you should see me sometimes, one bug gets fixed, then I'm like "okay, but what about this?" I'm not sure if being annoying is in my job description, but I'm pretty good at it.b:shocked
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Had to get a new genie and start over from scratch but I managed to get my genie the same as it was. Earlier I had a Zeal with 40 magic so I got a Longevity and put the points I had in MAG into DEX since there is no point in having 40 MAG any more and I was able to make up for the lowering in effects, got my wind shield to reduce damage by 30% again, although I will never be able to save my tree.

Tree can heal just as much as it did before (infact, you can get it to heal 25% more than the max was before with the right stats), but you're not going to do it with level 1 of the skill or for as low cost as it was.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    for certain class's I agree.. Like ToP for barbs.. but totally changing some of the skills for every class without any sort of refund of spirit/coins is a little.. lame?

They did give us some spirit (80k at my level). Although not a ton, it is about right to getting the skills back up to the level they were at. And of course the free Stone of Refreshment and the 80 Origination Orders are nice.

The one thing I do like about the changes (aside from reducing some of the skills) is the slots based on lucky points. This is much better in my opinion, versus "wasting" 40attributes in mag for 1 extra slot.

Side Note -- And I will maintain my opinion that ToP was never that awesome of a skill and people need to learn to survive themselves....b:surrender....There was a LONG time frame when one did not have ToP and people survived just fine. b:surrender People not like me for this last statement.....
    I'm not sure if being annoying is in my job description, but I'm pretty good at it.b:shocked

LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    They did give us some spirit (80k at my level). Although not a ton, it is about right to getting the skills back up to the level they were at. And of course the free Stone of Refreshment and the 80 Origination Orders are nice.

The one thing I do like about the changes (aside from reducing some of the skills) is the slots based on lucky points. This is much better in my opinion, versus "wasting" 40attributes in mag for 1 extra slot.

Side Note -- And I will maintain my opinion that ToP was never that awesome of a skill and people need to learn to survive themselves....b:surrender....There was a LONG time frame when one did not have ToP and people survived just fine. b:surrender People not like me for this last statement.....

LOL

:P only reason I liked ToP is to save my butt from a 2-3 shot if I get caught off guard
    rubberbanding is still on the plate for getting fixed, but when the issue is based on the game mechanics it's much more difficult to change than skills, which are in a somewhat different category. b:victory Don't worry though, you should see me sometimes, one bug gets fixed, then I'm like "okay, but what about this?" I'm not sure if being annoying is in my job description, but I'm pretty good at it.b:shocked

Well what about the cleric's magic shell that doesnt refresh, thats needed fixing since be4 i started the game <_<
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009

So you got a nice job there dude, you get to do things your good atb:victory
    Posting on the forums and being plain old annoying
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    So you got a nice job there dude, you get to do things your good atb:victory
    Posting on the forums and being plain old annoying

you forgot... stalking you
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited September 2009

clerics cant ninja-stalk people >: they glitter too much.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    I'm only a cleric on my GM character for the mana regen, not a cleric on my main
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I'm only a cleric on my GM character for the mana regen, not a cleric on my main

Well you are stalking people on your GM account <_< so im sticking to my original statement.

WOOT THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DE-RAILED b:pleased

fyi, I have to guess ur a mage on your main <_< although I know you wont confirm :P
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009

b:shockedIf you can catch me on
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Just to throw it out there spoons, I didnt think GM's or Mod's or anyone with the game could have more then one character?

And another thing I was wondering that you mentioned in the last update thread, why cant you release the list of bugs the Dev's are working on? Shouldn't it be our right as a gamer to know what we can expect for what is up coming in the game we are playing? I mean I can understand there is 'black tape' but I am not asking for time lines or the equivalant, just a list of the bugs that you guys/girls are working on. Or atleast could you give us a reason why you cant release the information? b:surrender
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Well we can't use GM characters to play normally, so many of us have our own legitimate characters.

Regarding the bugs, it's more of a simple thing, if we tell you everything that's being worked on and then something changes or goes out of order you'll be mad. It's not about your right to know, it would just be a kind of pointless way to create more drama, let us worry about the technical stuff b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    clerics cant ninja-stalk people >: they glitter too much.

b:victory
    Just to throw it out there spoons, I didnt think GM's or Mod's or anyone with the game could have more then one character?

You can have multiple characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Well we can't use GM characters to play normally, so many of us have our own legitimate characters.
    Fair enough there.
    Regarding the bugs, it's more of a simple thing, if we tell you everything that's being worked on and then something changes or goes out of order you'll be mad. It's not about your right to know, it would just be a kind of pointless way to create more drama, let us worry about the technical stuff b:victory
    I wasn't asking for a time line, which is when you would get peoples hopes messed up. A list of bugs/glitches/quirks would be good but fair enough spoons, subject dropped...... And also give the Dev's a pat on the back cause without them you couldn't be as 'annoying' to the other players as you are.b:victoryb:victory
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Well that one is not my fault, intermediaries tend to become the target of hate, and I'm okay with that.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm not sure if being annoying is in my job description, but I'm pretty good at it.b:shocked

I can vouch for this! b:chuckle

I KID! I KID! lol I bug Spoons about my fair share of things as well. b:thanks
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Well that one is not my fault, intermediaries tend to become the target of hate, and I'm okay with that.

Well I can see why....
    *spoons looks at forums walks down to the head Dev's computer pulls up this thread and shows him what people have posted and turns to walk towards the door....* "Your guys problem now...... I relayed the message to ya, enjoy."
    b:laughb:victory
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    So regarding the bug where your wings are still equipped after you end flight.

I noticed that when I end flight manually by pressing the hotkey for fly then the wings aren't out when I land.

But when I use auto-pathing and click the box that says "reach destination cancel flight" and the flight ends that way then my wings are out upon landing.
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    So regarding the bug where your wings are still equipped after you end flight.

I noticed that when I end flight manually by pressing the hotkey for fly then the wings aren't out when I land.

But when I use auto-pathing and click the box that says "reach destination cancel flight" and the flight ends that way then my wings are out upon landing.

I have had it happen where I would click the 'reach destination cancel flight' and it wouldn't cancel it but when i unclicked it and went to auto-path to fight a monster it dropped me right in the middle of the monsters.b:shocked THE THING WAS UNCHECKED!!! But wouldn't when it WAS CHECKED. LOL
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I've seen it too, our guys are on the case
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I have had it happen where I would click the 'reach destination cancel flight' and it wouldn't cancel it but when i unclicked it and went to auto-path to fight a monster it dropped me right in the middle of the monsters.b:shocked THE THING WAS UNCHECKED!!! But wouldn't when it WAS CHECKED. LOL
    Ummm ok then.

billymayscoolstorybro.jpg

Oh and btw you need to hit confirm or it wont notice you changed it.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh and the thing with flying and after droping down the ground and going back or waking up sitting in the air right after you landed it's really annoying b:surrender
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    That's rubberbanding, and it's here to stay

Edit: Found another bug, it seems one of the dev's/GM's/whatever was working too late when they did it.

When I go to the skill list for my genie under piercing flames it has the description and at the bottom it says:

Requisite Class: Winded-elf Archer, Untamed.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    That's rubberbanding, and it's here to stay

Edit: Found another bug, it seems one of the dev's/GM's/whatever was working too late when they did it.

When I go to the skill list for my genie under piercing flames it has the description and at the bottom it says:

Requisite Class: Winded-elf Archer, Untamed.

What do you mean? It's for elves who are not physically fit!

j/k, reported.
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Since this is a big list (kind of hijacked at times)

One I noticed is that the genie skill whirlwind now does not list that it stuns. It used to and there is no notice in teh genie skill update patch list about this. Was it meant for the stun effect to go away and it wasn't listed or is it still there or was it all a snafu?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Like I said on another thread, we're definitely looking into rubber-banding but it may be a bit more complicated as it has to do with base game mechanics, as opposed to text changes or something along those lines
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But, sometimes I get stuck in the air and I hit fly and I am then flying and I can move. This suggests, to me, that something has been happening which is subtle -- and when they eventually can isolate this issue from every other issue, I hope they will release a fix.

Someone pointed out that it appears to be "starting jump/ending jump" height related which seems plausible to me. Running from DW to DC there are two streams that now I always rubberband over and end up in the water. I also cannot race anymore because one of the jumps is coming downhill, jumping over water and running uphill, and I rubberband over that too. All 3 of those are jumping from a higher height to a lower height, with an even lower height in the middle. I don't seem to get it much other than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lionstar - Sanctuary
    Lionstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    panther mount reset back to speed 9 and it was speed 11