effects of BH

1235»

Comments

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok, I obviously can't speak about FB69+ I know in some parts of TT you're probably going to need bubble, and thus need charms. Maybe it's the same in 69.

But what demonic rabbits would possess you, to make you need a charm for FB29?

If only you weren't so much higher level than me, I'd be offering hugs and BH runs.

FB69+ no, never BB there pls >.> only IH and puri (min. lvl6 skill).

o.o no BB in fb29 lol...i'm tanker and can solo it. But all my skills require mp :)
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I actually like BH better then WQ. Its faster xD Easier and I get to meet some sweet people O: Though I don't go on Ketavi as I do my Archer.

BH59 did me in today because the Cleric would get attacked, but I don't mind sacrificing myself for others by taking Aggro ;) I only do it when its smart to.

Its nice to meet random people too (Depending on how they go in the BH too).
    I've had a few fail people on some. Like Barbs without tiger form that call themselves Tanks, of which I easily took Aggro off with normal arrowed attacks (=not using any skills, just the bows/bolts/shots/) 5 Levels under them :P

I also had a nice BM give me a Light Armour mold yesterday. Since the squad was in its way to FB51 ^^ We fought it alone. I feel sorry his Charmed ticked so much in that FB though S:

I DUNNO, I guess I'd rather do 1/2hr (max, it probably wouldn't take that long) doing a BH. Then ages flying around doing WQ and being bored outta my mind b:chuckle
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Which is more boring: spending 20 minutes rounding up a party of relative strangers in central Arch (mostly sending the same "We need a cleric/barb" message the whole time) or 25 minutes of WQ (what it takes with reasonable use of teleports and a land mount)?

I bundle my BHs until I have several in the same dungeon. I'd rather miss a few repetitions of BH (and get two done in the same run), than spend any more time begging.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you got the money to Teleport around and finish WQ in 25minutes(Holy ****akimushrooms that's fast.) - Good for you. But I can think of a better way to spend my money other then Teleporting.

b:victory
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually, I've done a lot of experiments with WQ. You can do it a bit faster if you are even more aggressive with teleports, but this is the level at which the cost of the teleports are essentially breaking even with the coin I expect to grind in the time I save.

Edit - And, I should be clear that a fast land mount does as much or more than the teleports to get your WQ time down.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I quit WQ all together. I have always hated it and found it to be the most boring thing in this game next to catshopping. 100k isnt anything worth caring about anymore, when BH is giving me 200k and CS is giving me 176k. I just go grind for an hour to make up for the WQ i didnt do.. and i make money instead of loose it.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BHs are cool, but I really hate being asked to tank or help ppl look for ppl for their BHs. People get all rage hate over meb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh yeah, it's a super secret class advantage being able to start a BH solo, and recruit as you run.

HATE the organising time for everyone getting their trousers on or whatever it is they have to do before we start.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok, I obviously can't speak about FB69+ I know in some parts of TT you're probably going to need bubble, and thus need charms. Maybe it's the same in 69.

But what demonic rabbits would possess you, to make you need a charm for FB29?

If only you weren't so much higher level than me, I'd be offering hugs and BH runs.

Nothing in 69 or 79 requires BB. You could have a charm tick or two from heals if you have one in though. The final two bosses in 69, BB is suicide on since you need to be able to cure on them, the rest of the bosses in 69 are a joke. All but 1 boss in 69 is even herc tankable if charm use on barbs/clerics was that big of an issue. 79 is even simpler, I could solo 79 bosses before 69 bosses.
    Oh yeah, it's a super secret class advantage being able to start a BH solo, and recruit as you run.

HATE the organising time for everyone getting their trousers on or whatever it is they have to do before we start.

I once had one for 69, where the squad was arguing over who would pay for wines, how drops would work, getting people together, etc... I was the first into the dungeon thanks to the teleport stone, and just started clearing. I had cleared to noxtouch by the time they decided and wined it. I facepalmed at that point. When I said how much was clear they still wanted to wine saying clearing takes too long.

Sometimes people annoy me.
  • FearedByAll - Lost City
    FearedByAll - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Clerics are wanted alot more (as if we don't get abused enough)b:coldb:cryb:shocked.

<- Not a clericb:avoid.

Why would you choose your class then?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why would you choose your class then?

To be helpful when I choose to be. I get tired of people asking me for help when I don't want to help, sometimes it's fine but other times I just want to play alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If i can organize a BH run everyday which i do, i expect that from others too. Its not hard to use common chat or WC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    those guys are a pain, no matter what your class. the squad i was in this morning lost two members (went afk) by the time we did him, and i literally went through my whole pet bag, for the first time. my higher level golems lasted longest, of course, but a a moments distraction while healing and they were down. so one after the other, my other pets came out to do their bit. what was weird was that the last one standing, when the boss went down, was my newcaught crystaline, who actually survived a hit or two before the boss went down...i was incredibly shocked over that, to say the least! and gonna be training up that pup PDQ!b:chuckle

the plus side is, of course, the increased leveling, and i wont complain about that, especially in the case of my cleric, who needs to level ASAP.

the down side is, as has been mentioned, that its freaking hard to get a squad together for other things. i've been fortunate to tag along to get mine done while working for others so far.

not all BHs need to be wined...from 69 on up, yes, unless you are there just for extra experience

Not Polearm. Nasty, NASTY pdef debuff. Once that axe comes down, run.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    BH is probably one of the best things PW came up with imo. It's a FB where you are high enough to run through but low enough that you have to actually play well to stay alive. It's a great place to learn teamwork and the role of your class in a squad. FBs are now blasted through by high lvls and tabber never learn anything. This is why I rarely help with BH even within my faction. I encourage them to run it with people that also need it. Good addition to the game. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Effects of BH eh?

- Another daily, thus faster for me to level when I can't bother grinding.
    - Making money off farming mats for wine.
    - Discovering how much I hate FB39. My hatred of 51 has also grown stronger. Also starting to hate 69 now.
    - Head hurting due to many "facepalms" when someone does something stupid...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Woldy - Sanctuary
    Woldy - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i even saw people around lvl 60 with a full quest list!
    you know what? it where almost all lvl 40 quests,
    why do quests long quests for less exp.
    when you can do a bh for a lot of exp within an hour

JUST SHOOT ME! b:surrender
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    effect of bh ?

1. Some people will always feel need to do it even if they complain about BH.
    2. More likely to lost chance for free reputation from other quest, because fast lv from BH.
    3. Some people completely only do BH or dailies quest all the time each time they play the game.
    5. They don't know perfect world story. (if people even read what npc say)
    4. People lv fast ?
    5. More people reach high lv more people have to use cash shop.
    6. More people Q Q.
    7. More thread like these will appear.
    8. Selling wine.
    9. Some people become so happy of new way to gain exp.
    10. Some people say more high lv noob appear. (not me)
    11. Your quest list will be full.
    12. empty space < add what you wanted b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i even saw people around lvl 60 with a full quest list!
    you know what? it where almost all lvl 40 quests,
    why do quests long quests for less exp.
    when you can do a bh for a lot of exp within an hour

JUST SHOOT ME! b:surrender

Dont necrob:angry
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dont necrob:angry

That's my line. b:laugh
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I also do BH79 unwined, only annoying part is luring the archers, they run like crazy.

You need to learn how to push!

Also, I'll bet you're only killing Stygean/Hooli...when it comes to Linus/Brigand time becomes more of a factor. (btw I miss my old BH squad! you guys rock and you know who you are!!!)

@OP:

My main problem with BH is this: It is an OPTIONAL quest. I do not see the need to do it every single day, nor do I feel the need to help the same people day in/day out when they are quite capable of getting squads themselves. In fact BH is the main reason I have almost stopped playing my barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin