effects of BH

Options

Comments

• Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My faction doesn't have any trouble doing BH daily for 8x. We usually do 3-4 runs a day, and its quite nice and easy. The fact that you group with your faction reduces the cost of doing BH, to 50k per person. Although majority of our members are 7x-8x range. I could see how this could be trouble in lower factions. But everyone in my faction enjoys the new BH quest.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Damned Gaurnob, Stygen, and Cenqeuus Polearm are the Level 80 Targets.

I have receive linus in 79 too
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i find it kind of boring =\ granted you only need to do BH every 3 days but between wq and cs seems like all i have time for are dailies which are getting kind of boring...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    always a problem with mats donatin/$ donatin
    who calls what in bh69

lot of tension when a xs or cape drops b:cry
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Mat sale anyone?
    I'm waiting for BH "wine bundles" to be released in the cash shop. b:thanks
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    "Box of Wine:
    contains 1 random wine or small chance to contain a flying gourd mount.
    Note: quality of wine is NOT guaranteed." b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I get more ninja squad invites now, if I happen to be flying by the bounty hunter or standing near him.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I get more ninja squad invites now, if I happen to be flying by the bounty hunter or standing near him.

ninja invites for bh lol. thats too bad lol
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My faction doesn't have any trouble doing BH daily for 8x. We usually do 3-4 runs a day, and its quite nice and easy. The fact that you group with your faction reduces the cost of doing BH, to 50k per person. Although majority of our members are 7x-8x range. I could see how this could be trouble in lower factions. But everyone in my faction enjoys the new BH quest.

It seems that smaller factions with greater level ranges in them - the kind most people grew up in - are slowly being torn apart by the BH quest. There is so much more of a premium now on finding a faction with a lot of people your same level who happen to level at your pace and who play at the same time you do. And, if you are in the 99+% of the below 70 population and don't have such a faction, you have a daily source of resentment and irritation (whether it is your own BH not getting done or the constant pressure to help the lower levels get theirs done). So, I put this in the same list as all the previous expansions - more "end-game" content that happens to further widen the gap between any remaining new players and the established customer base.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It seems that smaller factions with greater level ranges in them - the kind most people grew up in - are slowly being torn apart by the BH quest. There is so much more of a premium now on finding a faction with a lot of people your same level who happen to level at your pace and who play at the same time you do. And, if you are in the 99+% of the below 70 population and don't have such a faction, you have a daily source of resentment and irritation (whether it is your own BH not getting done or the constant pressure to help the lower levels get theirs done). So, I put this in the same list as all the previous expansions - more "end-game" content that happens to further widen the gap between any remaining new players and the established customer base.

I'd like a study to report as to if smaller factions are really being torn apart by BH. I see small factions disintegrate weekly, and I see new ones born on a regular basis. As for myself, I've been factionless since the fiasco with my guild actually believing we lost a TW because the other faction **** (lol), and have yet to regret it. PvP server, plethora of friends, and yet I have no resentment or irritation at *all*. And I don't know any one factionless person to have complained about BH, either. It seems as simple as getting strangers for Friendship Quest xp to get BH groups, they're being broadcast in both WC and in central Arch's auction channel; this 99% you're bringing up is far out of proportion.

Summary: factionless 75 cleric has zero problems with free ~500k daily xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    - Finding out some Blademasters think BM stands for Bash Movers, and charge anything that moves regardless of squad safety

Preach it, Brother!

I can't begin to count the BountyHunter squads I've been in where *everyone* thinks they can be the Tank.

And with the extra charm in the instance caves (and the extra power in them) Don't even Get Me Started on the Archers...

RedMenace

\my job is to be the tank
    \\you can do the glamorous stuff and pick 'em off, and show off your crits
    \\\venos, lure with a little pet, not a frickin Magmite
    \\\\and learn *how* first, please
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Preach it, Brother!

I can't begin to count the BountyHunter squads I've been in where *everyone* thinks they can be the Tank.

And with the extra charm in the instance caves (and the extra power in them) Don't even Get Me Started on the Archers...

RedMenace

\my job is to be the tank
    \\you can do the glamorous stuff and pick 'em off, and show off your crits
    \\\venos, lure with a little pet, not a frickin Magmite
    \\\\and learn *how* first, please

Quoted for the bloody truth. Barbs are tanks. Not Archers, not Clerics, not VENOS! Damned Herc. There are only a few cases in which there are better tanks than Barbs, and those are ones like Suzerix, and Slitt. Suzerix is much easier with caster tanks, because it allows the cleric to stay back and not get hit by the AoE, and Slitt is better with Archer tanks, so the Cleric doesn't get hit by the Manadrain.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd like a study to report as to if smaller factions are really being torn apart by BH. I see small factions disintegrate weekly, and I see new ones born on a regular basis.

Summary: factionless 75 cleric has zero problems with free ~500k daily xp.

Most of the factions I've seen disintigrate involved either the leader disappearing or some variant of the following scenario:

(1) Lower level members get frustrated with the amount/timeliness of help with their quest bosses.
    (2) Higher level members get frustrated with the demands on their time.
    (3a) Either high levels leave to find a faction more supportive of their needs, or
    (3b) High levels impose some rules on when help will be offered that lower levels resent and which drive them out of "unfriendly" faction.

I'm not saying the BH quest created this issue, but it certainly is scaling it up significantly. Sure, by 75 people have usually gotten to know enough people they can get the things done on a semi-regular basis even if they are not lucky enough to be a veno, barb, or cleric. But, what I think is true for 99% of the lower leveled player base is that their faction is not full of so many same-level(ish) players. From what I've seen in my own faction's chat, they don't have the network of friends to get these done. It remains to be seen if a reasonable pick-up squad solution will emerge. So far, I just see a lot more tension and resentment by lower levels.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • KungFu_Fight - Harshlands
    KungFu_Fight - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    dont wann asay bad things about BH but i lvled 3 lvls from that :D and im about to hit 50 so i like BH i dont care about bad things b:victory oh but bad thing is FAIL squads u try ur best :) hint get a tank for BH ohh it may take a long time to get suad unless u got active fac
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    COCOCOCOCOCOCOCCOCOCOCOCO >.> :3b:chuckleb:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    (1) Lower level members get frustrated with the amount/timeliness of help with their quest bosses.
    (2) Higher level members get frustrated with the demands on their time.
    (3a) Either high levels leave to find a faction more supportive of their needs, or
    I see where it is hard. But thats where the trade/common/WC channel comes to help. Most of these pple who complain never make their own squads. They expect help when asked and quickly. God forbid if they have to shout for their own squads and it takes 20min or more.
    (3b) High levels impose some rules on when help will be offered that lower levels resent and which drive them out of "unfriendly" faction.
    Thats probably because high lvls also want to play and proceed in the game as much as lower ones want to. I think they get tired if there is an unsaid pressure to help and 75% of gameplay is spent on helping. You can be sure no lv50s would want to spend 4 of their 5hrs everyday helping lv20s complete something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i think the bh was really good in theory but its been executed poorly and the actual details and ramifications were not thought out.

whats happening now with wine and mat prices is bad for everyone. also the cycle of the bosses is horrible. the same one 2 days in a row means either you buy 2 wines every day or you miss one bounty. from what ive noitced for the 80 and 90 groups is that its the same 3 bosses over and over. they should have at least made it a cycle that its boss 1, boss 2, boss 3, then start over. not boss 1, boss 1, boss 2, boss 2, boss 3, boss 3.

this is a big waste of server wide mats and individual time and money. bh is just a mats sink on steroids.
  • Pookypoo - Sanctuary
    Pookypoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Preach it, Brother!

There was a BM last run that use to run in and aggro attack anything BUT the one i was reaming. Had to spam aoe aggros alot.
    Last leroy jenkins he did i stopped and watched him tank one, as the cleric IH his depleting HP.

I sat there and calmly told him not to jump in.
    All the while just sitting and watchin b:pleased
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I find it hard to get squads without wine, especially for resentful pyro. A good squad can enter fb69 and kill ressy in half an hour, with the added bonus of drops, exp and no wine cost, I don't see the point in paying so a party of lazy nubs with spare cash can walk through.

Wining Fb59 for BH is even worse O_o asking me to pay for wine in an fb59 BH earns 1 less squad member. It's a 15 minute cake walk at tops.

Another thing is I understand why leroy'ing can be a pain, but on the flip side so can pulling every single mob one by one by one by one..... and so on. In two+ cleric parties you can easily have a cleric to each BM/barb and take on multiple mobs no problem. As much of a pain as fb69 mobs are, they don't hit that hard all things considered. Most are pure phys or pure mag so a BM can 1v1 easily with proper use of marrows.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm usually against the idea of applying AOE if you cant tank the mobs.

If i'm on squad, I only apply AOE if my squadies need help with the mobs. But if each of them can handle their share of mobs I take my mob 1 by 1 with normal attack and non-AOE skills..

Notice the most likely to do this mistake is Axes bm (yeah probably 95% of the bm population in santuary is axes lol).

Axes have only aoe skills, so you should expect the axes user to AOE even when they dont mean to attack all mobs.

Saying that, most of the critics would do the same mistake if they made a BM, as people consider axes the only BM outhere.b:chuckle
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Most of the people who ask for help in BH are the lower levels in my guild. They refused to ask anywhere else and demanded a high level help. People need to start challenging themselves, do a BH with similar level people, not rely on higher levels to nuke everything for you.

A lot of people don't realize how time-consuming these BHs can be on people. It's always "Me, me, me." and people are inconsiderate about how much they're asking. Every. Single. Day. It really pisses me off when a person who gets help all the time gets an attitude from not being helped when demanding it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Amen. ^

I did a BH with a group of similar-leveled people today, and it was a lot of fun!
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i agree that low lvls often have no patience and high levels have no time. God knows as a leader of a guild i've been guilty of hiding till after i've completed my dialys. We've worked out a system though: I will help with any boss when I finsih whatever task I am on, and this goes for all of my officers as well. I will not stop in the middle of a scroll to help someone however. I also will not quest with a lvl 20 lol. 9 out of 10 times another member of the guild needs the same thing, or is close enough in lvl to help and they both get decent exp. Trouble comes in at the higher lvls. With a big 6 players over lvl 80 sometiems we have to enlist outside help from our favorite allies. Usually we can find someone with the same quest without any trouble at all.

As far as polearm goes, I have done it with myself and a lvl 85 veno with only one of us having lighting chaser. Granted timing is everything.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What I see is much better.

Log in, bring up guildchat, "Anyone not done BH39 today?" start flying back to Arch to grab the quest, by the time I get there we've got a squad of the right level and off we go.

Maybe some of the higher levels tag along if they are bored.

Maybe pick up someone extra outside the instance.

It's a thing that you can do, and by running the instance properly you get money, which is good.

The one problem I *do* have with it is that I have accidentally capped my quest list. I've been sadly neglecting my quests since BH was introduced and didn't even have the ability to accept the quest to get my wine for 59! (Annoying people insisting on wining it. Grrr.)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I really like finding a random party to do the BH.

I mean, I love my parties that I usually do FBs with, I can trust them and I work well with the people. But I know that if I only learn how to work with one high level party, I'll never be a good cleric for any other parties, so I like the random parties I pick up for BHs. Plus, I like making new friends and it's worked out well. :3

I like it as a test of my skills with a party around my level. I don't have to pay as close attention in a high level party >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Heh, I like BH.

I get the same exp as I would from CS (which I stopped doing once I was 81) for a lot less cost. It takes the average squad 20-30mins to do a full wined FB69 run (all bosses). So I pay 30-50k or contribute some mats I've farmed. Beats paying 71k daily for CS. And if a mold drops, sell and split and voila: BH just made you some money. b:victory

As for finding a squad, it has never taken me more than 10mins to find one, but I guess thats cause I'm a barb. b:chuckle

In fact I often find myself waiting to hear someone looking for a barb for a run where 'they are wineing and so wont split the mold or drops'.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My main issue with BH is that I've been trying to farm mats for the subs I need for my level 80 armor... and everyone and their mother is out farming mats for wine.

Every path I find, about three other people get there first at the same time. It's insane. o.o;

And the prices for mats are crazy. I don't know if it's because of BH or the gold prices being high. Or both.

/QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I spoke it with my bf and we think that HB quest is a way to keep us busy for gain exp and grind less, the drops of molds have increased cuz now we kill fb bosses more often and it is possitive cuz more molds availables force us to sell it more cheapest, now arent soo exclusive.
    Some of my friends need the mats for fb79 and is hard to find they -_- personally i dont buy the mats i get the quest and try to farm the mats with my friends (usually we are the same ppl on sqd for hb quest) when we got it we do it and sometimes we split the wines with another sqd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Main problem with BH is that everyone is busy doing them its even harder to get a TT run going b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What I see is much better.

Log in, bring up guildchat, "Anyone not done BH39 today?" start flying back to Arch to grab the quest, by the time I get there we've got a squad of the right level and off we go.

Maybe some of the higher levels tag along if they are bored.

Maybe pick up someone extra outside the instance.

It's a thing that you can do, and by running the instance properly you get money, which is good.

The one problem I *do* have with it is that I have accidentally capped my quest list. I've been sadly neglecting my quests since BH was introduced and didn't even have the ability to accept the quest to get my wine for 59! (Annoying people insisting on wining it. Grrr.)

Why would people wine a BH 59??? Don't they know about the sheer quantity of Darkness Stamps you get for pounding through? I could understand an FB, but a BH? *facepalm*
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So...

Cape of the Tauran Chieftain molds are going to go down in price soon, right? Right? b:surrender