effects of BH

Options
Granrey - Sanctuary
Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
well I have noticed couple things lol

-I help in 2-3 bh per day and I strugle to get squad for my own.

-mats for wines are higher now

-more exps per day

-less savings as I grind less. therfore, I;m losing savings.

-spending money on wines for bh.

-people mad at me because I dont help in their bh. Some think I can solo anything lol.

-more molds available, I got today my first mold ever and it came from BH.

-pwi is busier now, tons of wc message for bh.

did I miss anything?
Post edited by Granrey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well I have noticed couple things lol

-I help in 2-3 bh per day and I strugle to get squad for my own.

-mats for wines are higher now

-more exps per day

-less savings as I grind less. therfore, I;m losing savings.

-spending money on wines for bh.

-people mad at me because I dont help in their bh. Some think I can solo anything lol.

-more molds available, I got today my first mold ever and it came from BH.

-pwi is busier now, tons of wc message for bh.

did I miss anything?

8x BH sucks. Horribly.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    "Need help with BH[whatever]"

Next Day

Next Day

I'm going crazy over the amount of neediness people have for higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Harder to get mats
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hmmm

- People screaming for Barbs/Veno's with hercs for lower bosses even a BM can tank

- Fail Barbs wanting TWO Clerics for Polearm/Gaurnob

- Everyone and their dog has nicked my Mat run near 1k b:chuckle (used to be empty damn them)

- Finding out how many Veno's with hercs are actually bad at playing their class. ie: Luring with spells rather than the pet and pulling 5+ mobs = dead veno, cleric lol

(note: not a dig at veno's in general, squaded with some very very good ones)

- Finding out some Blademasters think BM stands for Bash Movers, and charge anything that moves regardless of squad safety

ermm anymore ?
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I agree with most points in OP and agree with Maiya its friggen annoying as heck the spamage, i dont have enough blacklist spots open to keep up b:cry. Im ok with it being in the game i guess its another "potential" money sink like wq and crazystone it gives you exp but not the coin you would of made grinding out that percentage. Money maker for those people picking mats though ^^.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Book and Apoc Page prices will fall. b:sad
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    hmmm

- People screaming for Barbs/Veno's with hercs for lower bosses even a BM can tank

- Fail Barbs wanting TWO Clerics for Polearm/Gaurnob

- Everyone and their dog has nicked my Mat run near 1k b:chuckle (used to be empty damn them)

- Finding out how many Veno's with hercs are actually bad at playing their class. ie: Luring with spells rather than the pet and pulling 5+ mobs = dead veno, cleric lol

(note: not a dig at veno's in general, squaded with some very very good ones)

- Finding out some Blademasters think BM stands for Bash Movers, and charge anything that moves regardless of squad safety

ermm anymore ?

I lol'd. And sadly, yes. 1k Streams use to be empty but alas it is not anymore.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    People who are smart and farm mats make more money.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OOORRRRRR

you can NOT qq

and do unwined runs...

omg its a miracle! you save money and exp!
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    People who are smart and farm mats make more money.

Not true.

Thanks to the fact that everyone is out farming, it's just not worth it anymore. For example, I went on a run of my favourite mat run recently. On the full run I farmed around 4-6 mats tops.

At 5 mats every 10 minutes, it was working out at 30 mats an hour, or in other words a sub and a half. Grinding would earn more in cash AND give exp while I'm at it.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not just more molds, but also more 3*s. Some sections of the AH that used to be empty now have items for sale!

Did you know that there's only one boss in the game that even drops 3* level 85 pdef belts? It's Phlebo. Now that he's a BH target, I was able to pick up a fairly nice 3* belt for cheap.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Its a good time to be a veno thats for sure.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I <33 BH ^___^ I find myself sqauding for the same people every day. Strengthening relationships, learning how to work together. Doing groups in unconventional means. Finding out that yes a herc CAN tank FB69 bosses. >.> Not having to worry so much about what things cause cause we go in AoE the instance, pwn the bosses, loot the junk and go again.

Theres always another side ot the coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Doing groups in unconventional means. Finding out that yes a herc CAN tank FB69 bosses. >.>

Not Polearm. Nasty, NASTY pdef debuff. Once that axe comes down, run.b:surrender
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not Polearm. Nasty, NASTY pdef debuff. Once that axe comes down, run.b:surrender

I Beg to Differ! Two Venos, + Lightning Chaser. It IS possible, we've done it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No more "High level squad helping with FB 19-89 (59+ Wined)" spam on wc. b:chuckle

I'm at the lvl where it goes both ways. I can always get a squad for my bounties by just flying out to frostcovered lands and saying I need it. But some of the squads I've been in ... well, let's just say it's 50/50. One I was in the other day, I could swear the cleric was a bot being run by the barb. The cleric never talked and they both had the same name (MaruCleric and MaruBarb.) This would have been tolerable if the cleric hadn't stopped healing in the middle of the last boss to meditate when she ran out of mana. b:infuriated

Other then all this, constant PMs from lower lvls wanting me to burn up my charm for no reward has forced me to learn this phrase "Sorry, I'm in TT."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I Beg to Differ! Two Venos, + Lightning Chaser. It IS possible, we've done it. b:victory

What levels herc and venos? and builds.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What level is the second veno? The problem I've always run into with Polearm is that he can one shot the herc, 4485 damage when it has 3685 hp tends to be an unaviodable death. Given you're a few levels over me though, your herc should have around 225 more hp, plus get some advantage for the level difference, and higher defense. I suppose that might be enough to avoid the one shot.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well it was a lelve 86 Herc and myself (Currently a Reduced Req Heavy Armor/Light Armor Veno), As well as a lelve 83 Arcane Veno *as far as I know she is xD* . . . Eitherway we both had Lightning Chaser. He didn't get one Debuff off, and we only missed one AoE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Clerics are wanted alot more (as if we don't get abused enough)b:coldb:cryb:shocked.

<- Not a clericb:avoid.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    With some channeling gear the 83 should be able to put out enough healing power on his/her own for each of them, it's really just that debuff.

I might have to build up a genie for that. I'm guessing you just did chaser 1 since they all interrupt and that's the lowest energy? Using spirit it would take 94583 to level a genie to 22 for that and another 1280 to buy. If it could get atleast 18 lucky points you would be set at 22 for one chaser every 63 seconds. I'll need to think about this, that genie is a really good idea.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can solo heal my Herc through most stuff. The other Veno was a back up just incase. As for Lightning Chaser. My Genie is rather... interesting as its a Longevity of which I put enough Mag for a 4th skill, and the rest has been put into Vit. It was a Gold Genie 76/80 Lucky points, so her Energy is at 165. ^__^ Which means I can pull off Lightning Chaser 3 times within one minute. When timed to his Channeling of his AoE and he Debuff I can ALMOST do it alone. If I could tell teh difference between his debuff and his AoE, I'd not even worry about the AoE and just Chaser his Debuff, but I can't, so another Lightning Chaser was needed. That other Veno is an awesome healer tho. ^^ She makes stuff much easier for my Weak Mag self.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nice, mine is a longevity too but 60/80. Dex currently at 50 (goal is 60), vit at 55, mag at 43, and 4 points unspent. I use all 4 skills often though so chaser isn't really an option. The worst (least used) skill for me to replace would be relentless courage 10, and that's rather useful. It's basically the same thing as being able to trigger 8 seconds of red bubble for myself, rather nice for heals, tames, etc.

I'll have to consider it.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have, 2 Gold Genies. Both Longevity. The first one is for TTs/Soloing Instance Purposes, I ahve Relentless Courage, Extreme Poison, Lightning Chaser & Holy Path. THe Second is for Grinding, and TWs. That one has Tree of Protection, Earthquake, Hollow Fist & Tangling Mire. I am currently working on another Genie for even more customization to things I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I find myself sqauding for the same people every day. Strengthening relationships, learning how to work together. Doing groups in unconventional means.

This. Not only has this strengthened my PvE roles with my favorite trio, we've found methods of working to each others' advantages through debuffs and stuns to drop people dozens of levels higher than us in seconds.

As well, I haven't been losing money at all; in fact, the opposite, as my main line-up comes with four people, we can hire two others and have them bring one wine each. Then, we have chances for mats to drop, and let's just say 145 chips for a Tauren cape seemed a little unrealistic to us. The beauty of all of this is we're getting massive xp at the same time, giving us at least double the daily quest XP we were amassing before; the ironic part being we planned on doing fb69 runs just for molds before we knew BH was coming into the game. This latest patch arrives, and suddenly we're getting rewarded with xp what we were doing for other rewards in the first place.

I don't know why anyone would complain about the BH. It's like finding a $20 bill in the wash, except said bill makes you level up faster instead of holding monetary value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well, the 8x reward kind of sucks (or rather, the mob choice sucks), the rest seems pretty nice really. 7x should be Serpentrex and 69 bosses, 8x should be Resentful Pyro, Stygean, and Hooli. That wouldn't be too bad.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What levels herc and venos? and builds.

if you read her post it has not much to do with builts or level.

two venos with lightning chaser should be able to do it. if both of them have the skill, they can do it.

the real killer from this boss is the aoe. If you can block/cancell the aoe, the boss becomes prey.
    +

I have participated in squad with 3 early 80's BM and two clerics.

the way we did it was by me cancelling with shawdoless kick, lighting chaser and reducing attack from boss with myriad of sword.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well, the 8x reward kind of sucks (or rather, the mob choice sucks), the rest seems pretty nice really. 7x should be Serpentrex and 69 bosses, 8x should be Resentful Pyro, Stygean, and Hooli. That wouldn't be too bad.

What're the 80 BH targets? 70s are really easy, seem to be between two 59 bosses or Pyrosteosis in 69. If they're something lame like 89, that may be a little tougher, but I know 79 was a pretty simple run; did it for molds in a party of ~75 characters. I can't imagine they're much bigger than 79 bosses, but I also don't have an 80 character so I'm less inclined to speak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Damned Gaurnob, Stygen, and Cenqeuus Polearm are the Level 80 Targets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Terraa - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Don't know Stygen, but I'm definitely down with pwning the twins over and over throughout the 80s. I can see the frustration a little bit, unwined that FB could take a long time, but I'm doing it wined in the 70s anyway. It seems a waste to not smite the twins while we're there for a chance at Calamity, or Sakyamuni, or Tauren Cape, so I envision a breezeful 80-89 BH career in my future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]