effects of BH

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So...

Cape of the Tauran Chieftain molds are going to go down in price soon, right? Right? b:surrender

I saw it for 6m at AH
    If u can do the HB at fb69 try to kill the turtle maybe u will be lucky
    [75] Damned Gaurnob
    Mold: Cape of Tauran Chieftain (2.05%)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why would people wine a BH 59??? Don't they know about the sheer quantity of Darkness Stamps you get for pounding through? I could understand an FB, but a BH? *facepalm*

Nah, this was the actual FB. Why they wanted it wined, I have no idea. I'd prefer to go through properly.

Still, I'll do it once I hit 63 and can actually tame everything in there :)

The main explanation was "Half an hour or four hours? Hard choice."

I guess I could have waited for the weekend.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nah, this was the actual FB. Why they wanted it wined, I have no idea. I'd prefer to go through properly.

Still, I'll do it once I hit 63 and can actually tame everything in there :)

I guess I could have waited for the weekend.

FB59 sucks without wine. A lot of the mobs in there kite up walls where you can't reach them. It's one of the glitchiest parts in the game, and most squads would rather avoid that kind of nonsense.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    FB59 sucks without wine. A lot of the mobs in there kite up walls where you can't reach them. It's one of the glitchiest parts in the game, and most squads would rather avoid that kind of nonsense.

Whilst that is true, I like it in there. Taking a short breather 'cause the monster is stuck up a wall isn't usually a problem, and telling your pet to run towards you usually fixes it.

Heck, I've been on more than a few 59 runs just to see if we could. The FBs are one of the most fun bits of the game. Different things happen in there, as opposed to just grinding away monsters. (Where the only different thing so far is flippin bondmaids who appear to have, like, one spawn point on the whole damn mountain.)

To explain what I meant by quest 59 - the cultivation quest for FB59 uses, what, seven slots. And the heavens token part at the same time is another seven. Add to that the normal quests for a couple of levels and my list had filled.
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol I wish I could say my quest list got too full to take dailys.. Just doesn't happen anymore. I seem to get few and fewer quests, and the ones I do get tend to run in chains.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Lol I wish I could say my quest list got too full to take dailys.. Just doesn't happen anymore. I seem to get few and fewer quests, and the ones I do get tend to run in chains.

My understanding is that this was supposed to have happened to me already.

But bounty hunter, with its 20% XP, has meant that I've levelled up faster than I can do my quests. (Plenty of times I've got a BH done, helped a guildmate on some other boss and maybe killed five normal monsters)

(And this is without crazy stone, or friendship quest. Both of which I spurned because arch is a laggy hellhole. Even though I now go in to pick up the bounty.... Humm.)

I guess the headhunter needs to be in one single place (or maybe one place per level range) to help people get quest-mates. But can it please please pretty-please be somewhere other than Arch?
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As a 5x pure dex archer, I can say that BH has forced me to improve my aggro management. All of my previous FBs I had a higher-level friend tanking, so I never really had any trouble with taking aggro. Now that I'm running BHs in FB39 with other 5xs, I'm having to be much more careful. Especially with Farren Sereneti and his AoE.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hmmm

- People screaming for Barbs/Veno's with hercs for lower bosses even a BM can tank

- Fail Barbs wanting TWO Clerics for Polearm/Gaurnob

- Everyone and their dog has nicked my Mat run near 1k b:chuckle (used to be empty damn them)

- Finding out how many Veno's with hercs are actually bad at playing their class. ie: Luring with spells rather than the pet and pulling 5+ mobs = dead veno, cleric lol

(note: not a dig at veno's in general, squaded with some very very good ones)

- Finding out some Blademasters think BM stands for Bash Movers, and charge anything that moves regardless of squad safety

ermm anymore ?

Its not fail barbs... one cleric is enougth... but what about the rest of the party? If we miss 2 times alacracy the DD die for aoe simple as that, since the major part of DD in bosses dont even click on potion icon. I mean DD like archers, wizzys and BM
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    BH is good to lvl up fast but drain so many mats(or moneys)+ time like hell b:surrender
    BH with ppl 80+ take me from 2- 4 hours! Cuz we rather die fast with Cenegus(CeLe-?) boss which is hard to kill for us, and need to repeat our tanking action many times to have succed at least >>'
    And yes, low lvl ppl are screaming on gc for help all the time, but we 80+ lvl ppl haven' time for it... Our WQ ( ~1.5 h) + BH (2- 4 h, lol BH 79 is faster to do than BH 69 o.O') +/- CS(on 81 lvl most ppl don't do it with me there) + farming mats/ grinding/ doing quest/ helping other... ehh... this game is time eater >.<
    Fail Barbs wanting TWO Clerics for Polearm/Gaurnob

One cleric is for tank to purify him and heal and other is for party or just ress cleric number one if he die by bad luck .. >.>'
    Peace ppl b:cute
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My understanding is that this was supposed to have happened to me already.

But bounty hunter, with its 20% XP, has meant that I've levelled up faster than I can do my quests. (Plenty of times I've got a BH done, helped a guildmate on some other boss and maybe killed five normal monsters)

(And this is without crazy stone, or friendship quest. Both of which I spurned because arch is a laggy hellhole. Even though I now go in to pick up the bounty.... Humm.)

I guess the headhunter needs to be in one single place (or maybe one place per level range) to help people get quest-mates. But can it please please pretty-please be somewhere other than Arch?

Actually I didnt have trouble with running out of quests till I hit around 70-75, Before 70 I used to spend an hour a day grinding mobs 10 lvls up with my herc for exp/drops--Now that I am a guild leader I cant tell you the last time I had time to do that lol. I really really need to though, as I have fewer and fewer quests... Just always seems that someone needs help after I get my dailys done.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I saw it for 6m at AH
    If u can do the HB at fb69 try to kill the turtle maybe u will be lucky
    [75] Damned Gaurnob
    Mold: Cape of Tauran Chieftain (2.05%)

heh and i got one for 6mil from the AH
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have to say though that certain classes like clerics and barbs have it easier time finding squads. As a cleric, I stay near the bounty hunter and ask for squad and then a bunch of pms flood in for my help. b:laugh The reason i do this is because my faction doesnt help me with my BH as much anymore so sadly i would rely on really nice strangers to help me.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    unless the barb is really a low level (and since we are talking about BH it's a 80+ barb...)
    one cleric is enough

if the party gets hit by an aoe the cleric can use an aoe heal, the tank will not die in those 5 seconds without heals unless he fails
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devisionx - Sanctuary
    Devisionx - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think that BH will be less popular in a while, as the mats are pretty expensive and people will be tired of paying everyday.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think that BH will be less popular in a while, as the mats are pretty expensive and people will be tired of paying everyday.

I haven't paid yet and haven't missed a day. Either I clear the FB myself, or the Winer gets 3*/molds.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Devisionx - Sanctuary
    Devisionx - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    I haven't paid yet and haven't missed a day. Either I clear the FB myself, or the Winer gets 3*/molds.
    I've had only 1 run where someone would wine to keep the 3*/molds. Most people want to split the price.
  • tweakz
    edited August 2009
    I've been clearing Eden / Brimstone also. When I'm near the BH target boss (that I have trouble soloing anyway and I'm only 88), I've been answering WC requests and get a full squad to help. I've had no problems getting the 3*/molds/books so far from strangers, but not when I invited faction members (so I left faction). I'm tempted to clear for BH 59 also since that is so fast, but only drake I know has good mold drop and it's extremely rare. Maybe people would pay slightly lower than wine price to clear. I remember at level 74 I could clear to drake from door in ~12 minutes picking up all drops along way.

Oh.. I hate doing Brimstone, so I may quit that - lol. Now I'm building friend's list based on who I can trust / who needs. I wouldn't doubt that other venos are doing the same.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Everyday I pay 71550 coins just for the 340k xp from Crazy Stone. Splitting wine for a BH is like 60k each for 300k xp and compares favorably. Sometimes I can get 2 BH quests in the same FB for a nice 600k xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've had only 1 run where someone would wine to keep the 3*/molds. Most people want to split the price.

wouldnt that be kyo...every run?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Now I'm building friend's list based on who I can trust / who needs. I wouldn't doubt that other venos are doing the same.

Hear hear. I'm tired of those people that only love me for my Herc, and ignore me when I'm not wanted. I've got a nice sized list of people I can trust, and it's gotten me into quite a few Gamma runs lately. Nothing quite like running Gamma every second you're logging in. :D Gamma after gamma after gamma.

On topic, however, having to do FB 69 for my BH is actually what got me trying even harder to get into Gamma, and now that's all I ever do. At least now, I don't have the low levels crying that they need their BH's done by me. They automatically know the response will be "Gamma run, sorry."
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009

honestly, BH could be very cheap if you make it smart.

in fb69, there are 3 bosses. In just one instance 18 people can do their bh.

the issue is coordination and finding people.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I solo heal all the time and half the barbs never cancel an AoE and no one ever dies if the DDs die they r fail for not watching their HP i mean god forbid u use 2 pots on a boss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryiah - Heavens Tear
    Ryiah - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Four hours? If your squad is taking four hours to do an FB59 unwined then I'd advise never grouping with them again. Me and a friend went into FB59 to try for some molds. Both of us level 82 venos with hercs. Clearing the path to a boss and killing the boss itself total maybe fifteen minutes tops (in total we spent about 45 minutes or so for the three easiest bosses). I for one am glad for BH - I've gotten about 300 rep just from FB59 alone. It allowed me to hit my 5K rep way ahead of schedule.
    Squads I've been in have either stunned the mobs non-stop (amazing how many BMs I've seen who never stun a mob) or venos using their pets to lure the mob back off the walls. Regardless its almost never taken more than a very slight glance to realize what's happening and redirect the pet.
    I spoke it with my bf and we think that HB quest is a way to keep us busy for gain exp and grind less, the drops of molds have increased cuz now we kill fb bosses more often and it is possitive cuz more molds availables force us to sell it more cheapest, now arent soo exclusive.
    Basically its a mat sink. At the moment wines are fairly cheap. Oh sure people are artificially raising the price of them a bit in some shops because they know they're in demand. But at this point the wines are fairly cheap.

Why? Because for the past several months players have been stockpiling mats. Before the BH was introduced I would often see numerous shops each with hundreds of one type of mat. Now that BH is around that supply is being drained pretty quickly. Its not entirely gone yet though once it is prices on wines are going to soar.

Its going to reach the point where buying gold through gold trading and then buying the mats from the cash shop is going to be roughly the same cost as buying from another player. For FB69 wines, you're using high mats. At current gold costs, that's about 8 to 12 thousand per mat with you needing a total of 40 mats per wine or 80 mats total. At that estimate, FB69 wines will be 640K to 960K total. All of a sudden those 500K or less wines seem pretty cheap. Even divided amongst six players you're still paying a pretty large amount per player at 106,667 to 160,000 per player. Pricey eh?

Of course that amount will fluctuate depending on current gold prices as well as any mat sales that PWI decides to have. It may even get to the point that wines are being priced based on gold trading prices of the day.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Squads I've been in have either stunned the mobs non-stop (amazing how many BMs I've seen who never stun a mob) or venos using their pets to lure the mob back off the walls. Regardless its almost never taken more than a very slight glance to realize what's happening and redirect the pet.

Oh, I know how to deal with 59. I solo it all the time for those Darkness Stamps. I was just telling them why a squad would want to. It's pretty much the same nonsense you deal with in 89, except those mobs don't quite make it up the walls. Not for lack of trying, mind you...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I love BH, though I'm sad it seems that you can't get it twice per day now.

I farm mats, provide wines, getting a party together is easy. Had cape drop yesterday, demon ring today... split and sell, coin is easy to come by now.

I hate called runs. I will leave party. I also don't like doing non-guild BH69... just for the fact that over 15m worth of molds can drop, it's hard to trust outsiders :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Mobs very rarely do that. An FB 59 BH with a decent squad has never taken me more than 15-20 mins max. If a squad insists on chipping in for wine I'll leave and find a decent squad.

I'm also a little iffy about paying pyro wine shares. Pyro is very easy unwined for a decent squad with experience. Around half an hour to finish. Some people are just lazy :/
    The full fb69 I can understand, but heck even that can be done unwined. A 7x Barb and 1 cleric can take any of the bosses if they're decent.
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I also don't like doing non-guild BH69... just for the fact that over 15m worth of molds can drop, it's hard to trust outsiders :P

To me all clubbing together and paying for wines and then leaving the drops to random is more fun

A ) You can squad with random people, so increases the chance of getting the BH done quickly

B ) No stress or worries about trusting others

C ) The great look on someone faces when Tauren cape randomly poofs to them.

For me its all about the xp and having fun, so any drops are a bonus
  • tweakz
    edited August 2009
    Oh, I know how to deal with 59. I solo it all the time for those Darkness Stamps. I was just telling them why a squad would want to. It's pretty much the same nonsense you deal with in 89, except those mobs don't quite make it up the walls. Not for lack of trying, mind you...

20090818apo.png

-After about 5 minutes of struggling earlier today, I managed to snag it.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My first Bh was for a boss in fb59, never had him ever again because I turned level 80. Took our squad 15 minutes tops from the time we started on the first boss to killing the needed BH boss. Doing Bh for 1 in fb59 boss shouldnt take more than 25 minutes TOPS! I often run fb69 wined, each person chipping in 50k, gets things done fast. Since people generally need all the bosses, wine isnt much of a waste. I also do BH79 unwined, only annoying part is luring the archers, they run like crazy.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No more "High level squad helping with FB 19-89 (59+ Wined)" spam on wc. b:chuckle

It was never that bad and there are those who need those type of annoucements.I still like this still on Heavens Tear where I have another cleric just to visit a friend.I hear it when I am on that server not so much anymore on Sanctuary.I need my FB59.

To be honest this BH was bad idea as you have WQ,FQ and CS.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.