TideBorn?

Options

Comments

• hajnalnereyn
    hajnalnereyn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would think they would add more water content, because of the water race, at least a few higher level places.
    Oh no, I hate the water as it is, but I can't disagree with that statement.. it would only make sense. Just as long as I don't see a million new *insert random badass sounding adjective* Undines, I'll be fine. :)
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The only thing I hate about the water is th elow visablity. It gets worse towards night, even with draw distance maxed, and I hate it. I was up near the northeast edge of the known world and near the bottom of the sea and suddenly everything got really clear. I could see every shark for a good mile or so. It was really cool, and a bit of a revelation to see just how far I'd gotten from safety. I stuck around there for a bit killing death dancers for the chance of fruit. Then I swam a bit upward and the dirty water came back so I could barely see what I was fighting again.

I think that if the new race is gonna be at sea even more, then how about you pull back the draw distance underwater to more closely match how far we need to see?

Still feel like an idiot for getting swimming mastery for my veno. Its says it does nothing, and yep it doesn't. I hear it used to though. Probably going to be standard for tideborn though.
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • FengLing - Sanctuary
    FengLing - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Delete Me Please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FengLing - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Delete Me Please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FengLing - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I always saw this picture of a girl on the main website and had my suspicions, but after seeing the shadow I think she really might be a TideBorn.

tideborn_maybe.jpg
    The fin-like things sort of remind me of the winged elves' feathery ears.
    What do you think?

I found this on Perfect World II Website:

44fpmv6nf1dl.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miiko - Dreamweaver
    Miiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I found this on Perfect World II Website:

44fpmv6nf1dl.jpg

b:surprised Plus bubbles, too!
    Miiko: a Venomancer powered by coffee. c[_]

Dynasty recruiting people level 75+ ^-^
  • Hayyel - Lost City
    Hayyel - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anyone ever considered the whole 'luring sailors with voice/being beautiful/suddenly turn into a man eating monster' mermaid legend? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranger13
    ranger13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok i can actually tell u wat i no, cause i hav no life and hav been cheecking it out =)

New Peoples called the tideborn

new classes assasian and physcic (hopfully with whip veno's, btw the way to powerful)

it looks lik they are going to be water related

lastly this IS GOING TO B A LONG **** PATCH CAUSE THEY ADDING A WHOLE LOT OF STUFF TO THE MAP =)

hop that helped
  • Bux_Bragg - Heavens Tear
    Bux_Bragg - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wo... Dude, ur so right.
    But, unfortunately, it takes maja time to create these classes.
    Looking forward to speed for once (my main is a wiz LOL)
    New maps? U sure? Maybe they'll just expand this one, cuz I saw one guy yellin co-ords for them, and it was near dreamweaver...
    GAH! I jst cant wait till december
    Civic VTec... Mankind's greatest acchievement
  • reagan
    reagan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The map will probably extend further East, so that Archosaur would still be the basic middle of the home towns. As for them containing large amounts of water, that seems likely, and I'd hope the new classes were a bit more capable in water then the current ones seem to be. Better be a hell of a lot of new map area.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so... i saw these two pictures way back in the thread... check this out
    tideborn.jpgTideborn.jpg

it's quite obvious that the zoologist npc is tideborn, just look at the "ears"

so. now we know what the tideborn look like (remember, npcs look like low-quality models of the player characters)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so... i saw these two pictures way back in the thread... check this out

it's quite obvious that the zoologist npc is tideborn, just look at the "ears"

so. now we know what the tideborn look like (remember, npcs look like low-quality models of the player characters)

Isn't that also a level 80 or something mob?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Isn't that also a level 80 or something mob?

no idea, but i know that the creature in the first picture is the zoologist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I really like how the zoologist npc's armor protects everything except all the vital parts of human body...

Maybe the tideborn's vital organs are located in their shoulders and thighs...
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ranger13 wrote: »
    Ok i can actually tell u wat i no, cause i hav no life and hav been cheecking it out =)

New Peoples called the tideborn

new classes assasian and physcic (hopfully with whip veno's, btw the way to powerful)

it looks lik they are going to be water related

lastly this IS GOING TO B A LONG **** PATCH CAUSE THEY ADDING A WHOLE LOT OF STUFF TO THE MAP =)

hop that helped

OMG WOW! Thanks for the spoilers!

Now can someone translate them to English for me? b:surrender
    hai2u
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There will be a new weapon set added to the game. (Whips)
    New addition to the map. (Tideborn homeland)
    New classes. (Assassin and psychic)
    And a patch that will make my internet connection cry.

Done with the new Websters N008/English dictionary.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anyone ever considered the whole 'luring sailors with voice/being beautiful/suddenly turn into a man eating monster' mermaid legend? b:chuckle

I believe you're thinking of sirens...
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    OMG WOW! Thanks for the spoilers!

Now can someone translate them to English for me? b:surrender

Sure, read the first 2 or 3 pages. Everything he found out on his own is there.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I believe you're thinking of sirens...

Luring Sailors: Both
    Voice: Sirens
    Beauty: Mermaid
    Eating Sailors for dinner: Both
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    reagan wrote: »
    The map will probably extend further East, so that Archosaur would still be the basic middle of the home towns. As for them containing large amounts of water, that seems likely, and I'd hope the new classes were a bit more capable in water then the current ones seem to be. Better be a hell of a lot of new map area.

I doubt very much that the map would extend east and think it is more likely and already evident that the map will be extending south; thereby revealing the, currently shadowed, bottom quarter of the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There will be a new weapon set added to the game. (Whips)

G17's me hopes, they look amazing
  • minyme666
    minyme666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    when is it commin out
  • The_D - Lost City
    The_D - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmm...Okay so I only read through about half of the posts, but it seems like most everyone is thinking more about race than class. **** the fact that they're fish people, lets talk about psychics and assassins.

First off, maybe the psychics and assassins will have different aerogear? Say the psychics got an ability that make a telekinetic bubble around them and zinged them places :D

Mebbe the 'sins get capes? Or running on air? I dunno...lol

But another thing!

Assassin = ninja in my opinion. They'll be high speed, low damage, crit, probably very similar to the rogue class in [no discussion of other games](ability to disappear and reappear)
    Anyone notice how in the 'edit macro' thingy there's a comand to go behind enemy? maybe they'll have some abilities that deal huge damage while stealthed and behind an opponent.

Psychics will probably be non elemental magic users, with a buff that they can cast on themselves AND others that grants the ability to detect nearby enemies (including those stealthy sins)
    They're damage might be a pure damage dealing effect of some sort that depends on a combination of the targets pdef and mdef. they might be low damage but insanely fast cast times, considering that telekinesis and all that is instinct based (right?) I liked the push/pull mobs idea (no more kiting yay!!)

The assassin class probably won't steal stuff, but I'm sure they will have a bunch of debuffs, like poison, blind (literally can't see anything on your screen for a few seconds) maybe some kind of ability that gives them enormous damage for 15 seconds or something in exchange for a 10 minute death counter (IE: they use the ability, then have 10 minutes to take some kind of potion to remove the 'curse' or they die)

I dunno...what do you all think? :D
  • Pr___johnny - Sanctuary
    Pr___johnny - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok i have no idea of psychic (must be an alternate wizz,possibly attack blocking and with mind shield or something).
    But what i am intrested in is the assasin(rogue).I always play rogue in all mmorpg and in this one i wante dto change to clerics cos there was no rogue...(fist bm is nothing near a rogue sorry b:laugh ).
    Assasins i think should be like many rogue in games, daggers(i think there will be the fists and klaws, dunno if theyr gonna make some weps and armor just for em ...).Fast attack rate, low attack, high crit,high accuracy, high evasion,hp like archers or less,LA,chain skills(wich means u have to do a "mother" or "root" skill before u can do the others, and u chain em togeather.Chain skills consume sp wich is quickly recovered with fast attack.Chain skills r a mix of debuffs and stuns and DOT (there u go ... the 3 families of chains : stuns , DOT , debuffs)wich u alternate in the chain to try and stun block while u debuff and finish off with normal attacks.
    If its not like taht i will be disappinted lol , and assasin have to be the pkers ! they gotta take out barbs or ill be disappointed ! lol .
    They gotta have invisibility skill and gotta be freaking fast ^^ i eman cmon tahst how rogues r in all good games.
    So ill try keep my hopes down not to be disappointed.
    gahhhh i cant wait for assasins !
    This things i said r purely said only by me, i have no idea of what its gonna be just using my brain to try figure out how its gonna be...
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ANOTHER QUESTION: :)

Do you think we can have after the release 8 ppl in squad? Since we have atm 6 for each class...
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ANOTHER QUESTION: :)

Do you think we can have after the release 8 ppl in squad? Since we have atm 6 for each class...

if that happens wont the instance mobs and bosses get stronger / higher hp?
    If so, i just hope the drops getter better. TT looting is already ****ty for DDsb:surrender
  • AlphaWoIf - Dreamweaver
    AlphaWoIf - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I doubt very much that the map would extend east and think it is more likely and already evident that the map will be extending south; thereby revealing the, currently shadowed, bottom quarter of the map.

I wonder if we'll have to scroll down to see whole map now with new section...
  • Sentia - Lost City
    Sentia - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I doubt we would have to scroll down to see the map i mean it would be a bit more logical just to make the map a bit smaller to fit in the extra land
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry if this has beenmentioned before, cause i couldn't read the whole 36 pages. I'm going to start picking away at it backwards now.

I think it would be awesome if the Tideborn has an underwater FB19. Any information on the FB19 for Tideborn?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sorry if this has beenmentioned before, cause i couldn't read the whole 36 pages. I'm going to start picking away at it backwards now.

I think it would be awesome if the Tideborn has an underwater FB19. Any information on the FB19 for Tideborn?

I've heard part of it is underwater. But I heard it in the thread entitled 'new place', not this one. That was the original discussion thread before we knew what the area was for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
This discussion has been closed.