TideBorn?

Options

Comments

• SonidoOscuro - Harshlands
    SonidoOscuro - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Psychic should get only one skill. Curl up in fetal position on the ground and repeat "Happy place! Happy place!". During this the player can't be attacked and a nice game of tetris appears on the screen.
    Started - October-04-2009.
    Class- Winged Elf Cleric.
    Build- Vit. Hybrid.
    Server- Harshlands.
    Kills(PK)- 0.
    Deaths(PK)- 0.
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    From looking at pwdatabase.com, it seems that assassins/psychics/both will be using whips. It's the only weapon that comes up that isn't already in use/released. Honestly, I'd like to see psychics pulling out moves like Jean Grey and assassins killing things with piano wire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    From looking at pwdatabase.com, it seems that assassins/psychics/both will be using whips. It's the only weapon that comes up that isn't already in use/released. Honestly, I'd like to see psychics pulling out moves like Jean Grey and assassins killing things with piano wire.

What about staves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What about staves?

It's listed as a polearm while whips are of their own type. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I'd like to see psychics pulling out moves like Jean Grey...

They are psychics, not telekinetics...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Nyhia - Heavens Tear
    Nyhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Psychic should get only one skill. Curl up in fetal position on the ground and repeat "Happy place! Happy place!". During this the player can't be attacked and a nice game of tetris appears on the screen.

HAHAHAHAHA ty that made me LOL SonidoOscuro, hubby looked at me like I was going crazy b:chuckle
  • cykaran15
    cykaran15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    They are psychics, not telekinetics...

despite that, telekinesis is a form of a psychic power. so there is a possiblity that they may have a few knockback skills, but i wouldnt go so far as to say that the mobs would have to interact with the landscape to be damaged. in my opinion, a psychic is one who manipulates an opponent's thoughts, so this class might have skills to keep agrro off completely as well as force it on another target. we may also be looking at the second class to use pets as well tho we all know that would not be too creative if they did. as the mage class of this race, they would obviously be water orriented in offensive spells.

as for the assassins, when i think of that word, i think stealth. so they'll without a doubt be the fastest melee class to date as well as the fastest runners. and they'll maybe have a skill that lets them be invisible to everything except bosses. of course they cant attack anything while invisible or else they'd blow their cover. and since they wouldnt be the strongest, some skills would focus on stuns and long ranged attacks.

as a result we have a race that can make it somewhat easier to get through to bosses, probably reducing the need for wines. so they have a stealthy secret style to them. this would make sense seeing as the Tideborn have decided to stay hidden until now. one way or another, they'll overlap into one of the other races in the area of role of party. assassins may take on the roles of either the archer or bm, and the psychic may either overlap the wizard or take on a separate roll as a "live wine". as for weapons, i've been hearing assassins use whips or daggers/knives and psychics use staves. armor is pretty obvious and as for mounts i'd rather leave that up to imagination.
    now all of this is just my opinion, im just saying that we should consider all options of what these classes could possibly do.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't know. I can see mage-oriented classes using whips far more effectively than melee-based classes. The staves may also go to the melee classes, considering that they could be used as such. Waxwood staves are made for melee combat for example. Once again, this is just speculation.
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The only issue with the speculation I have is...

If Psychics are casters... why do both whips and staves req str and dex...

My personal opinion about it is that like every other weapon there will be variety for the assassin class, they will use both whips, staves, and possibly some of the current physical weapons.

The psychics will then be thrown into the group of casters using the gaives, m swords and other already magic weapons.

Either way everything is speculation and I will take it as such. I am very excited about the new race entering the world and look forward to trying them both out.
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is what I think, WE Should ALl Stop Bugging GMS about this issue, Look they are trying there Best to make it for us...WHy not Keep it a Surprise, this way When we test it out WE be in shock and HAve TOOOONS of fun playing it

Props to Gms for Making Players Excited...but i think everyone now to excited XD,...got a remedy for it >:P???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • LT__Crow - Dreamweaver
    LT__Crow - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is what I think, WE Should ALl Stop Bugging GMS about this issue, Look they are trying there Best to make it for us...WHy not Keep it a Surprise, this way When we test it out WE be in shock and HAve TOOOONS of fun playing it

Props to Gms for Making Players Excited...but i think everyone now to excited XD,...got a remedy for it >:P???

Erm... GM's aren't making the game at all... They don't run maintenance either... They're just in-game "masters" that's what GM stands for.. GameMaster.... Not maker.. >_< b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Erm... GM's aren't making the game at all... They don't run maintenance either... They're just in-game "masters" that's what GM stands for.. GameMaster.... Not maker.. >_< b:surrender

They're making hype....b:chuckle

Or are we making it ourselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hooray for hype lol. b:surrender
    I'm waiting for the expansion to see what will happen. Take this thread with a grain of salt. :3
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Wizards already have this skill! Except, you must start tetris yourself.

Our "defend" emote.

b:chuckle
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    fish are smellyb:surrender DONT LET THEM TAKE OVERb:angry
  • Fiara_SD - Dreamweaver
    Fiara_SD - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So this means Rising Tide Expansion is now on live servers there?
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh wow... Nice vid! b:victory
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh wow! They look amazing!!

But the armor with tentacles is kinda creepy b:shocked.

I wonder if the Tideborns will have some skill to transform them into mermaids, kinda like Barbs can go into tiger mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Ahaa - Lost City
    Ahaa - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So this means Rising Tide Expansion is now on live servers there?

Just an intro , should be live by end nov
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nice pictures!

I think that those settle what each class will be. (that is if the pictures are not fake)

Assassins: Melee

Psychics: Casters

---Ahaa where are you getting the info for end of november?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    natedog97 wrote: »

---Ahaa where are you getting the info for end of november?

I believe what Ahaa is doing is called "making stuff up" b:chuckle
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options

Is that one of the psychics new skills?!?!
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    natedog97 wrote: »
    Is that one of the psychics new skills?!?!

=O.O=...

"facepalm"

ROFL Good one XD
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I wish PWE knew that there is way more possibilities than just a mage and a close quarters combat type class.

It's called an archers, clerics, and venomancers. Ever hear of them?
    =O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear
    Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have compared veno with psychic, they have the same strengths and weakens, although cant read what they say.

http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/200909/renyu/

The most right bubble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]That my veno. b:bye
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Translation please <3
  • haldis
    haldis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I heard that the Psychic could learn a skill that could control a venomancer's pet. Of course, this probably isn't true since the person I heard it from couldn't confirm the information.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

1236664538680-300x273.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Ahaa - Lost City
    Ahaa - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Its confirmed by the planning department in the MEET THE DEV section of the pw-cn forums that it should go live during mid nov b:bye

EDIT: for their version of course
This discussion has been closed.