Version 188 Bug List / Discussion

Options

Comments

• Kyni - Dreamweaver
    Kyni - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    BEFORE

"Tree of Protection - Increases max HP by 15% for 5 seconds.
    Restores 25% of your max HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.
    Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the max HP duration by 1 second."

and AFTER

"Tree of Protection - Reduced base energy cost to 70. Increased base Stamina cost to 700. Requisite Affinity: Wood 3, Water 4.
    Genie Strength determines Max HP increase. Genie Dexterity determines the amount of HP restored during the effect."

i want the old one back b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Current Actives --
    >> Kyni // Arcane Veno // 6x Main
    >> Kynsu // Pure Archer // Xx
    >> Kun // Tank Barb // Xx
  • Shazamm - Heavens Tear
    Shazamm - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok, I've just about had it... too many F-Ups!

Breaking more than what you fix with maintenance (if you can call them that) releases is getting really old. I've grown quite tired of spending my money on a game where obvious little testing is done to ensure that things still work properly. (Have you seen the list of **** that's not working that your customers are running into??? A little testing would have revealed that this maintenance was wayyy too FAIL to release.) Also, changing the functionality of different aspects of the game (Holy Path for example) was also not a good move IMO.

Oh and let's not forget to mention the total cluster of again causing economic INFLATION with this "ONE Month" aniversary event. What a freakin-Total money making scheme that really separates its players into widely separated social classes - the HAVE's that can afford the FINEST things in the game and the Have-Nots that cannot afford to shell out the 100s of bucks (or spend all of their in-game coin on 400K Gold) on chances of getting valuable items.

Overall, the game is one of the best out there, but lately, I'm starting to think you're losing your edge, PWI. When you're breaking too many things with bugs, causing extreme inflation and changing what's good in the game to not-so-good, it makes me wanna consider my options.

I don't usually speak out on such things, but I've just about had it...so please think a little more about planning out your next move "B4" you do it, test it to make sure it works in a testing environment (test servers) first and then execute. No more of this flying by the seat of ur **** implementation stuff, please.

I don't think I'll be playing as much until you get things situated/fixed.

Thank you,

-ShaZ
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    HUM....Why GM doesn t consult player before to do such changes. It would avoid some problems such as turning the good genie skills that worked well into..., well i guess i can t say that word here.b:shutupb:surrender

AND well there is still more bug coming with updates than removed. Now i stop to complain, hoppe you know most of players are whining after each update.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    HUM....Why GM doesn t consult player before to do such changes. It would avoid some problems such as turning the good genie skills that worked well into..., well i guess i can t say that word here.b:shutupb:surrender

Because all those changes are telecommanded from the head company in China.

I'm afraid to see all the bugs the inclusion of the Tideborns is going to bring in th the game b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you have it really put it well. and i totally agree. as if the month long gambling sale isnt bad enough, today we now have the wonderful chance to spend $50 a pop on mounts that others have been getting by gambling by buying cash/zen cards at stores.

one gambling scheme after another..... oh, but the PWI management will deny that to their last breath, im sure, because this isnt licensed as a gambling game. but plain and simple truth is that the aniversary packs, the rainbow eggs, the zen cards, etc, all are gambels that make the player think, 'just one more, then surely i'll get ***'. guess what? everyone knows, or should know, the odds are ALWAYS in favour of the house, not the player.

the genies are screwed up, so that those who depended on ToP now have to shell out RL money or tons of ingame coin for charms to be able to stay alive in tight spots. my son is a barb, and a damn good one, and this was the last straw for him. barbs have enough trouble with money making/staying solvent as it is, with high repair bills and all...many of those i know have to run other alts to pay the barb's bills. so now, thanks to the greed of the management of PWI, i have lost the pleasure of my son's company, playing this game. he has moved on, to some dumb space game that truly IS free-no cash shop at all.

my husband has put a lot of money into this game already, because it has been a great source of fun and pleasure to play with my family here-at one point, we had five of our family of six playing characters of all sorts: clerics, archers, barbs, venos, wizards, blades. it was a wonderful experience to have all of us having fun with the same game. this also was a great help to me in dealing with my depression.(at least until the herc became de rigeur for all venos). so i feel that we have a hell of an investment here, and it saddens and sickens me to see what is being done to this wonderful, beautiful game that i have played for almost a year.

we keep seeing "happy anniversary!" all the time....how about PWI give ALL of US...the ones who play the game....presents in the form of :

*fixing all the glitches, bugs, nerfs that have accumulated over the past year

*putting in the mobs, items, mats, drops and other things that are listed in the AH and the database as beloning to this version but arent found anywhere yet.

*doing something to put the economy back to the levels it was a year ago, when the game began, and put some kind of price caps on everything, to stop the insane inflation. its a sure bet that adults dont enjoy coming here from the pain of the RL inflation, only to find it here as well. no bloody wonder players are leaving....im sick of losing friends, literally sick.

PLEASE, GMs, pass along to the devs and Powers That Be of the company that they are killing the golden goose. some of us love this game, dont want to leave, but cant handle the situation as is.

Ok, I've just about had it... too many F-Ups!

Breaking more than what you fix with maintenance (if you can call them that) releases is getting really old. I've grown quite tired of spending my money on a game where obvious little testing is done to ensure that things still work properly. (Have you seen the list of **** that's not working that your customers are running into??? A little testing would have revealed that this maintenance was wayyy too FAIL to release.) Also, changing the functionality of different aspects of the game (Holy Path for example) was also not a good move IMO.

Oh and let's not forget to mention the total cluster of again causing economic INFLATION with this "ONE Month" aniversary event. What a freakin-Total money making scheme that really separates its players into widely separated social classes - the HAVE's that can afford the FINEST things in the game and the Have-Nots that cannot afford to shell out the 100s of bucks (or spend all of their in-game coin on 400K Gold) on chances of getting valuable items.

Overall, the game is one of the best out there, but lately, I'm starting to think you're losing your edge, PWI. When you're breaking too many things with bugs, causing extreme inflation and changing what's good in the game to not-so-good, it makes me wanna consider my options.

I don't usually speak out on such things, but I've just about had it...so please think a little more about planning out your next move "B4" you do it, test it to make sure it works in a testing environment (test servers) first and then execute. No more of this flying by the seat of ur **** implementation stuff, please.

I don't think I'll be playing as much until you get things situated/fixed.

Thank you,

-ShaZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That was a warm story but i doubt the management cares....this is after all a business for them. sad but true
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    that was touching indeed
    meow?

b:bye
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My experience of the new patch.

Me - They messed with the genies, I can't use my Genies skills anymore!

PWI - Here's some stuff to get your Genie working again.

Me - Thanks PWI! Hold on, I have two Genies! One is now useless! I just have to fix the one, lets take a look at the skills and get them working again. Right then, I use tree of protection a lot so I want that. Hmm it doesnt seem as good anymore, so I'll reset her affinity to get the relevant points and reset her stats to dex. If I level her up to 30 I can get level 5 tree of protection which will probably do somthing.

PWI - Thats what it says when mousing over the skill certainly.

Me - Cool, so off I go. Ok used all my free stuff and.... the skill doesnt work.

PWI - Yeah, you need a level 31 genie to use that skill.

Me - ......

PWI - Didn't you read the patch notes

Me - No I kinda expected you to support your players during a major change in game play by at least getting the in game documentation correct.

PWI - That was stupid of you yes. You can always buy a charm from the cash shop to replace your now useless genie.....

Me - Where's my wallet!

To be fair I guess this was a rush patch to fix the untaimed culti bug, but FFS guys don't you know how this stuff makes you look?
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the genies are screwed up, so that those who depended on ToP now have to shell out RL money or tons of ingame coin for charms to be able to stay alive in tight spots. my son is a barb, and a damn good one, and this was the last straw for him. barbs have enough trouble with money making/staying solvent as it is, with high repair bills and all...many of those i know have to run other alts to pay the barb's bills. so now, thanks to the greed of the management of PWI, i have lost the pleasure of my son's company, playing this game. he has moved on, to some dumb space game that truly IS free-no cash shop at all.

In a way, the change to tree HELPS barbs use it to conserve charms. Rather than being forced to rely on the hp percent increase for the heal, it's now possible to avoid that. A tree 10 was a guaranteed charm tick previously, and most barbs would have to keep tree low to avoid having it tick a charm (if that was their goal of the skill). A genie with Tree 7 and 5 str/80 dex, will get a 55.68% heal with tree as it is now, previously a level 1 tree with 40 dex would provide a 57.5% heal. Essentially the same thing. A tree 10 now with 5 str/80 dex could be used for a 69.6% heal, without going over a 32% hp boost. In addition to that, there's the instant 1740 heal (though it requires strength) that could be used for avoiding charm ticks too.

The only Barbs I know though, don't have trouble making money. Getting first pick of drops, running with good healers, and most importantly running with regular squads that are willing to cover all expenses first, and then split the remaining stuff make very big differences for high expense classes. Not to mention little things like stun locking mobs, pulling groups of mobs (yes, it's cheaper than one at a time... luring singles=higher overall expense and slower kills), and even having pets tank mobs can all contribute greatly to reducing costs.
    *putting in the mobs, items, mats, drops and other things that are listed in the AH and the database as beloning to this version but arent found anywhere yet.

The AH I agree with, it should reflect what's in the game, I find some pet eggs that don't exist to be rather annoying, and stats in pet egg type mouse overs in the AH being wrong is just poor QA. The DB isn't an official release from PWI so there's no reason game content should reflect what it states (to the benefit or detriment or players).
    *doing something to put the economy back to the levels it was a year ago, when the game began, and put some kind of price caps on everything, to stop the insane inflation. its a sure bet that adults dont enjoy coming here from the pain of the RL inflation, only to find it here as well. no bloody wonder players are leaving....im sick of losing friends, literally sick.

Price caps make gold issues worse. Rather than having a bid system, it effectively puts everyone at the max price for gold and creates long queues. That has the potential to create days, weeks, even months (though months are unlikely) wait times for gold through the trader. Additionally, it would effectively kill an automated and secure gold trading system, by simply moving higher bids to chat in arch where players can scam, or feel free to pay more for gold. In short, caps would bring a lot of hurt, for little if any gain.

Me - ......

Me - No I kinda expected you to support your players during a major change in game play by at least getting the in game documentation correct.

Agree with this 100%. Changing genies, only changing some ingame documentation (none in the genie skill window), and then not even providing a detailed explanation of what each skill does in the patch notes they gave us outside of the game is horrible. I can (sort of) understand if the devs in china haven't changed things ingame to reflect new genie stats, and that change was tied into other things they had to patch, but it feels like PWI really had no interest at all in telling us what genie changes did between in game descriptions and the notes. I mean, Lightning Chaser doesn't even tell you the percent chance for an interrupt when you have the skill... that's even worse than tree, where it would at least tell you what it does and how it works after you buy it.
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I love the new genie xp feature, although in reality it means that I can no longer have full control over when my genie gets xp. Which means that its not as good a way to hover at lv X8 until someone finally decides to hlep with an fb. That's what my other genie is for now :P

However I HATE the fact that without warning I can't use ToP anymore. I don't mind so much the increased stamina cost, as it was too good to be true as it was. I can handle the nerf, but having both an increase in cost AND a huge reduction in functionality is insipid.

In addition the level requirement went from 10 to 31. Fine, whatever. The last straw is that you made the required affinity take 4 water now instead of 1. Affinity points are in rather short supply unless you are high level. Since I also have extreme poison and (for some unproven reason of its usefulness) hollow fist this means that it will take me almost 15 levels to even USE ToP again. Unless I want to use the reset and unlearn many levels of my other skills. Luckily they weren't messed with too much. Just a huge spike in stamina cost which is nothing.

Since they will never likely cave in to actually pleasing any of their player base by un modding the genie skills back the way they were (because everyone seems so happy about them and there was such a clamor for them to be nerfed in the first place) I'll just hope that the issue with Soul Transfusion's animation having a 5 sec delay is fixed.

Not next week, not next month, but how about asap? Its what any legitimate enterprise would see as quality assurance and good for business to not harm their product and leave it broken without an acknowledgement of the problem.
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Barbarians perdition was nerfed, so I think they hav to increase the dmg a lil bit
    Barbarians high phy def doesnt workb:laugh
    Sandstorm jus works with a hammer now :O
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    These animation delays are so obvious....how the hell did you guys miss these?

I still like the patch. The animation delays aren't too problematic just very annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I m using Watcher of the Skies so i dont know if anyone else has same problem. But i stuck everytime i land on a NPC. I have remove my wings, run to another spot (not just jumping down) and then i can fly up again. Its a bit of annyoing when you try to do WQ very fast....
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • lower
    lower Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Holy Path: Self Only

Why change something that already worked perfectly fine? There was nothing wrong with this skill, and many people worked hard to gain the skill for their genies for squad purposes only. Way to **** up once again! b:surrender

Well at first it bother me alot when i couldnt use my tree of protection skill b:angry but after i read the patch notes i notice that they made the system more balanced some skill where quite strong but unreachable for many ppl. i think is just time to get use to it. XD i have no bugs with delays just normal lag on west archosaur XD
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Glitches i've experienced
    Periodically bald hair, but only on one char. This is happening to other players I know as well; fine on one of their characters not the other. The baldness is visible to other players b:shocked so its not my graphics card or other pc related issue

Delayed skill animations about 4-5sec this is really throwing me off, mostly on my bm I think though i have notice with veno for fox form as well

Glitches from past patches still not fixed,
    Rubber band effect when going into fly mode
    Most frustrating, PWI crashing 90% of the time once it's been minimised and you try to reopen b:angry and the number of bug reports i've sent through b:shutup This should be most awesome when it comes to the picture hunt and you have to go into the forums to see the picture than back to pwi, oh wait it crashed. Expecting all lot of d/c <.< Not to mention the huge increase in random disconnects, especially noticing in the dungeons since that's when i'm usually in squad. This issue getting unbareably lame b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My experience of the new patch.

Me - They messed with the genies, I can't use my Genies skills anymore!

PWI - Here's some stuff to get your Genie working again.

Me - Thanks PWI! Hold on, I have two Genies! One is now useless! I just have to fix the one, lets take a look at the skills and get them working again. Right then, I use tree of protection a lot so I want that. Hmm it doesnt seem as good anymore, so I'll reset her affinity to get the relevant points and reset her stats to dex. If I level her up to 30 I can get level 5 tree of protection which will probably do somthing.

PWI - Thats what it says when mousing over the skill certainly.

Me - Cool, so off I go. Ok used all my free stuff and.... the skill doesnt work.

Me - ......

PWI - That was stupid of you yes. You can always buy a charm from the cash shop to replace your now useless genie.....

Me - Where's my wallet!

To be fair I guess this was a rush patch to fix the untaimed culti bug, but FFS guys don't you know how this stuff makes you look?

b:dirty LMAFO! thats sooooo me
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    o_O i think the TT Mats section is missing from the AH b:angry
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    Ikens - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    o_O i think the TT Mats section is missing from the AH b:angry

It's at materials -> others -> Twilight.T or so now. Found it after 5 minutes of searching b:chuckle
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's at materials -> others -> Twilight.T or so now. Found it after 5 minutes of searching b:chuckle

Well didnt check after patch but wasnt it under Elite instance? why changing it? makes no sence at all....-.- like they changed it cause they had no other **** to do
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well GM's if you read forums and read your tickets fix cleric's magic defence buff b:bye
  • brothermist
    brothermist Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Never hear of the saying "If it isnt broke, dont fix it"? That would apply to the Genie skills. Tree of Protection is just fail now, as well as Holy Path. But I think Tree takes the cake.

Not only is it way less effective, it now costs more, and needs a higher lvl to even use it? wow. But its not just that. I log in and start playing like nothing changed, smack my ToP button, and it works. It is no where near as good as its been, but it works.

A faction member tells me that their ToP isnt working, and that they had to add 2 water affinity due to the new changes. I dont have 4 water affinity on my genie, however ToP works. Odd.

So i go to the watcher and reset all my affinity to zero. My Extreme Poison and my Holy Phail icons gray out, but not my ToP. Odd.

I click ToP icon, with zero affinity mind you, and my ToP still works. Odd.

My girlfriend, with a lvl 51 genie, resets her genie to the propper new affinity to use ToP and still cant use it. Genie is over lvl 31, ToP lvl6, plenty of energy and stamina, click the ToP icon... "Unable to use genie skill".

ToPfail2wateraffinity.jpg
    ToPfailzeroaffinity.jpg

Brothermyst
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

A faction member tells me that their ToP isnt working, and that they had to add 2 water affinity due to the new changes. I dont have 4 water affinity on my genie, however ToP works. Odd.

My girlfriend, with a lvl 51 genie, resets her genie to the propper new affinity to use ToP and still cant use it. Genie is over lvl 31, ToP lvl6, plenty of energy and stamina, click the ToP icon... "Unable to use genie skill".

Did they tried to forget the skill and learn it again ?
  • brothermist
    brothermist Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    oh, i'll add a screenie after i do errands... I have a lvl 50 genie with lvl 10 Tree of Protection...

I figured out why others are having issues with ToP not working, with a lvl 31+ genie...

Before the update your ToP could be lvl 9 at lvl 50 genie... after update lvl 9 wold require genie lvl 66.

So if your genie has a ToP leveled before the update, it could be too high a ToP lvl for your genie to use after update.

This still dosent explain how my lvl 50 genie, with maxed post update lvl9 ToP still uses that ToP after the update, or used ToP at all with no affinity.

Just for [removed] and giggles i checked ToP in watcher... I was given the option to get lvl 10 ToP with a lvl 50 genie...

I got it and it STILL works, its a lvl 71 req. skill

Screenie to follow.

Brothermyst.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yet another patch with multiple bugs yet again. 5 patches in a row that adds bugs? Way to raise the bar devs.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yet another patch with multiple bugs yet again. 5 patches in a row that adds bugs? Way to raise the bar devs.

b:bye Bob!!!! b:kiss

Miss you b:sad

b:heart's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:bye Bob!!!! b:kiss

Miss you b:sad

b:heart's

make devs fix **** and ill come back <_<
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    cleaned the thread, please do not circumvent the profanity filter
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    edited mine <_< make em fix it spoonz! >:o
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, some of the genie skills were overpowered.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, some of the genie skills were overpowered.

^^ This ^^

100% Agree...there were some Genie skills that were WAY OP.

I will not mention them to ease the flaming b:surrender

@Bob ---> I can't make them do anything b:cry And no trips planned for this year (well a few but not to China)

b:sad Still miss you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous