PWI is NOT dead...Nor Dying..

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some people really don't want to leave but are almost forced to. Some people a day before the patch were adamant in staying with pwi for as long as possible. In 1 day their view took a complete 180. Now after spending 1 year playing this game religiously every thing they looked forward to is up in flames in 1 day. Some people won't just quietly leave and aren't going to abandon hope just yet. I don't see very many 'omgz pwi sucks im leaving' posts. Instead I see people saying their goodbyes or people at least trying to see what will come of this patch. People are complaining that the game has gone to **** but they aren't qqing like you said. Giving your opinion and posting angry qq's is completely different.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Will every one just stop crying and be greatfull to the thing's in life.
    and this game is NOT die'ing nor is going to. old people leave new people come it's a cycle then even old player's game's come back such as I. i stoped playing and now i'm ready to get all in the mix again.

So word to your Mom's
    i just droped them bomb's
    SO STFU!

Gratitude? It wasn't because of their good graces that we had a run here... We are customers.
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Some of us would like to make our opinions known before we leave. Is your concept of dignity against freedom of speech?

Nope my concept of dignity is

(n.) Quality suited to inspire respect

and btw there's no such thing as freedom of speech on private forums
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wow THIS IS ALL ABOUT THE PATCH ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    Get over it.. grow up all of you stop acting like a bunch of 5 year old's if you don't like it leave don't come crying on the forum's about it....

IT Will Happen..
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To those who keep whining about the whining:

Irony (from the Ancient Greek, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does and what one means or what is generally understood. Irony is a mode of expression that calls attention to the character's knowledge and that of the audience.

Take your own advice, if you don't like it then: GTFO.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Could you provide quotes of this qqing? Last time I checked rational posts providing opinion on a matter is not defined as qqing.

edit: here is qqing if you want it so badly.

wah pwi is broked wah. not fair! me make 3 months in hh3-2 me farm cv weapon and cash shopper gets with 1 $!!! wah not fair game is bad i make post. *storms up to room and slams door*
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To those who keep whining about the whining:

Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōne

As devoted said.. its not whining, we are giving our opinion's b:pleased
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Nope my concept of dignity is

(n.) Quality suited to inspire respect

and btw there's no such thing as freedom of speech on private forums

Acording to the US supreme court freedom of speech does apply to Commercial speech; as long as i don't break rules of prior restraint on the forums i can say whatever i like. And btw, i am a lawyer so i know my rights.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    As devoted said.. its not whining, we are giving our opinion's b:pleased

D: I don't know if you're kidding.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    D: I don't know if you're kidding.

Me neither ;_;

so im just gonna say

i told u so :D
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Me neither ;_;

so im just gonna say

i told u so :D

Good call man
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dandanxp wrote: »
    I thought you said you weren't going to be replying anymore. Please don't get our hopes up with promises you don't intend to keep. b:bye
    can't help it im addicted to the forum more then the game atm
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    can't help it im addicted to the forum more then the game atm

b:laugh

10char
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Acording to the US supreme court freedom of speech does apply to Commercial speech; as long as i don't break rules of prior restraint on the forums i can say whatever i like. And btw, i am a lawyer so i know my rights.
    That's the universal declaration of human rights!

oh wait! you're not human!!!
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I never claimed all high-levels are condescending. But I've witnessed a few here, and don't understand the attitude.

But you see, this is the root of what I'm trying to say.

Many here are gaugeing their sucesses on having something someone else *doesn't* have - and not considering "working hard for something really difficult and accomplishing something impressive for yourself" to be sufficent.

If someone else shortcuts their way to this, that's their loss. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing because you did it yourself, not because you're the only one to get there.

Once Everest was climbed (clumb?) why did anyone try to climb it afterwards? It had been done already - what makes the "Second person to climb Everest" want to go there?

And if some multi-millionaire goob charters a helicopter to get him 3/4 up the mountain, and has a group of 8 people help him climb, and does it with oxygen, and gets there too - does that make you feel cheated? Does that somehow lessen what you have done?

Or does that make him a loser - unwilling to put in the effort to do it as you have done?

So he's a loser. That's his issue. Why should that lessen your accomplishments?

If you don't agree with their viewpoint, then at least keep it to yourself.

Now that's just off the hook. My opinions aren't valid because they're not yours? I'm discussing this in good faith here.

RedMenace
    \just because I haven't run Lunar doesnt mean I don't know what it's like to work hard for something
    \\don't want a *******-contest here, there's no point
    \\\I'm not 14, I actually *have* accomplished hard things as well
    \\\\not 14, but Daughter is

Yes it's true that many people work hard in order to get the unique reward at the end that can impress other players.

No if someone else climbs mount everest with a helicopter then I don't feel cheated. He fails because he couldn't get up on his own.

However your mount everest example can't be compared to this situation. Does climbing mount everest help you in any way? No, it is solely done to prove to yourself that you can push your limits. Most people don't want a lunar weapon just to know that they have the ability to farm mats, they actually want to use the weapon because it's good. In the climbing case it's the process that's important, while with lunar weapons it's the end result that people care about. The person who farmed mats for hundreds of hours and the person who used a bit of cash to get the lunar weapon have the SAME END RESULT. They both use their weapons to own enemies and other players; in that case it doesn't matter how you got the weapon as long as you can use it. In PW the point of getting lunar weapons is to be able to make your own character stronger, it has an actual benefit for the player unlike whereas in your climbing example the only benefit is to be able to say to other people that you were able to climb mount everest.
    Once again how would you feel if everything you worked hard for and earned in game could be magically obtained by another user in a matter of seconds with just a bit of cash?

Yes you can say that people shouldn't care about what others do, as long as they enjoyed their own experience it's worth it. But honestly farming mats for weeks on end gets tedious and tiresome. It's like working hard in high school, getting straight A's, getting into a good college, studying a ton, graduate with good grades, find a job, slowly but surely work your way up, always arriving early, leaving late, working your butt off, and you finally get that promotion. Then you find out that some other guy has just been promoted to your boss, except he slacked off through high school, college, is super lazy at work, but his parents know your boss so that connection got him through.

Yes you can say well that's just life, but it certainly does deter people from actually legitimately working for their goals. Imagine if your daughter when applying to college, was a perfect fit for her dream college, an amazing candidate, had always worked hard, but got rejected in favor of one of her classmates who had parents that paid their way in. You're telling me that you'd perfectly accept the fact that person B was accepted over your daughter who has dreamed of going to _____ college for her whole life and actually worked for it just because he paid his way through? What sort of lesson does that teach her? That she shouldn't work for anything because some other person with a ton of money will just come and make her efforts worthless?

No matter what, the fact is that this is a MMO. There's no point to actually playing the game if almost everything can be obtained through cash shop. It's not a matter of who's a loser and who's a winner, the issue is how there should be a balance between actual game playing and usage of cash. I said that you should keep your opinion to yourself because you're calling people who are complaining whiners. Let them vent a bit, they deserve to release some stress, try not to aggravate and worsen the situation by telling them that they're conceited and snooty.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Solomon what are we looking at? :o I think I know who that is... but what are we supposed to see there?

Yes you can say that people shouldn't care about what others do, as long as they enjoyed their own experience it's worth it. But honestly farming mats for weeks on end gets tedious and tiresome. It's like working hard in high school, getting straight A's, getting into a good college, studying a ton, graduate with good grades, find a job, slowly but surely work your way up, always arriving early, leaving late, working your butt off, and you finally get that promotion. Then you find out that some other guy has just been promoted to your boss, except he slacked off through high school, college, is super lazy at work, but his parents know your boss so that connection got him through.

This happens all the time, seriously.
    Yes you can say well that's just life, but it certainly does deter people from actually legitimately working for their goals. Imagine if your daughter when applying to college, was a perfect fit for her dream college, an amazing candidate, had always worked hard, but got rejected in favor of one of her classmates who had parents that paid their way in. You're telling me that you'd perfectly accept the fact that person B was accepted over your daughter who has dreamed of going to _____ college for her whole life and actually worked for it just because he paid his way through? What sort of lesson does that teach her? That she shouldn't work for anything because some other person with a ton of money will just come and make her efforts worthless?

This too happens like... all the freakin' time. The lesson to be learned is purely phillosophical: what matters to you? Entertainment (having fun, enjoying the ride) or wielding some form of leverage over others (having more money, more power, more more more)?
    No matter what, the fact is that this is a MMO. There's no point to actually playing the game if there is no more fun to be had. It's not a matter of who's a loser and who's a winner, the issue is how there should be a balance between actual game-playing and savage struggles for make-believe power in a make-believe world. I said that you should keep your opinion to yourself because you're calling people who are complaining whiners. Let them vent a bit, they deserve to release some stress, try not to aggravate and worsen the situation by telling them that they're conceited and snooty. I speak the truth cuz i r pro. and Kannon sorry I out leveled rebirth gamma, I promise to take your sexy wiz **** with me on delta b:surrender...

There I fixed that last part :P b:victory
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    shlomo2 wrote: »
    I'll give a simple yet real (PWI) example of a cash shopper. SS taken 2 days after the infamous pigment bug.

okee i just woke up but wats wrong on that SS ? :P
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    The Shabby Shard?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with it though. That for someone with Armor Icons I have never seen before, they sure are dumb and cheap when it comes to sharding their weapon?

They also have a blessing of Christmas (So do I xD), which is kind of bad (But cost effective).
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    got rid of the pic. think it's better this way.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ohh yeaa.. im so loving this forum now ! ill be spending more time here ithink . Mmm first it was mounts, the rare Silvermane that can only be gotten from DQs, now is on cash shop. The rare mats that can only be gotten thru getting stronger over time and actually doing instances are now ermm.. give aways.

There shld be a sign somewhere "I dun care about all you long-term players, as long as you got money, do stay, no money get out" so in this sense, its a value over money rather than customers. Aint saying this is wrong, but real customer service, isnt solely money oriented. And for the earlier post someone mentioned "the anniversary packs have made the impossible items possible to get now".

Wth are u talking about man ? People who have actually spend alot of time rather than JUST money, actually really have a sense of ownership of this game. And they know how messed up it is to give such end game items away like that. So now, even if u've slogged for months, at the back of ur head u alr know it's all been wasted. (Should've get e minimum eqs to barely survive and reach 85++ and get the 1gold anniversary pack).

I love the analogy mentioned about Mt.Everest was good. Imagine there was a pot of gold at the top of it, all of us climb and strive and go thru **** just to get it. Now some doofus pays abit of cash to get a helicopter and flys up there IN LESS THAN AN HOUR and gets that dam pot.b:laugh

And if rich ppl are gonna diss us and say "so sorry if u arnt rich" , then only 1 reply would be "you are just a loser who hasnt played a real mmorpg"

Which MMORPG hasnt required us to spend time lvling and farming mats? if u have found one, it just means u've been to a game that supports botting and just pure cheap cash shop. <-- which concludes, go get lotsa people, create a fund, give it to some nerd to create a private PWI server. Then ask him to make everyone lvl 105 and give them all end game items. Good idea? That way each of u can pay say just 50bucks and u all will be happy as hell. Everyone having same items, same lvl, same skill lvls, and u can all nuke each other to death without any skills. Just becomes a game of first nuke first death . b:victory
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • asa12345
    asa12345 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm bored, so I will post a quote.
    Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
    -Gandhi

But I doubt people want the effort, and when the effort = grinding mindlessly, well, there is no satisfaction.

PVP = satisfaction

satisfaction = effort

effort = grinding

grinding = boring

satisfaction = boring undefined

black = cat
    black = television
    cat = television

I think the money should be spent in the effort, but not the attainment. Thus a way to expedite the game. Besides, one can go work for an hour and progress more, than actually playing the game, and playing the game should be satisfying.

As someone said, posting seems to be more fun than playing.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This thread was almost dead and here you go messing it up.

The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • asa12345
    asa12345 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This thread was almost dead and here you go messing it up.

Are you talking about me?
    Well, see, by playing the game, I was directed to this forum 10 minutes ago. I am a hedonist, and I want pleasure. So if posting makes me happy, that's what I'll do.
    To be on track, patches change nearly weekly, so what is nerf now could be OP later. If people just stuck to what they have fun with, might be easier to handle the nerfstick.

The reason it isn't dead is cause you posted.
  • Welp - Lost City
    Welp - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sweet philosophy 101 bro
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ohh yeaa.. im so loving this forum now ! ill be spending more time here ithink .

totally. I find my post counts jump from 10 posts to the current number in the matter of 2 days. The forum is certainly more attractive than the game...
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Yea that makes sense.....

No really even though you bumped it up it's all my fault.

Go pass 5th grade kiddo.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its awesome when people post how the game is ruined for non-CS'ers like themselves then in the same post call themselves "customers." You're not customers, you're users. b:chuckle
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yea that makes sense.....

No really even though you bumped it up it's all my fault.

Go pass 5th grade kiddo.
    ^
    l
    lol thats so true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • fephnir
    fephnir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    =Sigh=

Why must you be so annoying, DarkSniper?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Because im better than you and it makes you mad when you realize you will never obtain my level of greatness.
This discussion has been closed.