PWI is NOT dead...Nor Dying..

Comments

• Tarlna - Dreamweaver
    Tarlna - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It really annoys me how you all call these equips end game equips like lvl 90-99 equips are all there are. Yes right now Pwi has a lvl cap of 105 but actual eventual cap will be 150 and if you think there are no molds after lvl 100 you dont' know very much about pw. Yes right now these gears are awesome and hard to obtian because of current lvl cap and lack of lvls to do those runs to get enough of the mats to make or put on auction but when more people start hitting the 100's eventually they will top off the lvl cap at 150 just like the other pw's and new gears like the 105 gold mold set will start dropping in the 109 fb and the gold endgame 130+ weapons will start showing up. Not to mention the best weapon which is hardest to obtain is the max rank weapon which isn't available in the packs. Please people again these equips are awesome and nice to have but they are not actual end game equips wait for the new fb's and instances and then you can pew pew if they make those super easy to get equips in a cash shop item. Really the only 2 things that really bug me and I'm surprised more people aren't pew pewing about is the cost of hammers for opening supposed rewards for completing certian things and the cost of TT/FF mats at the mysterious merchant you spend forever in cube or your expensive tokens from event to get chips then think you'll go geta a needed mat or two for an item your makeing and find out it costs 10mil+ gold and jaw drops and hits the floor. So now I have 3k chips from cube and tokens and can't use them cause every mat I need is way to expensive to get.

Anyways don't get so stressed out about the equips being available through the event eventually they are gonna be **** when they raise the lvl cap and introduce the new armors and weapons.
    Lvl 95 Cleric
    Armagedon

In the real world as in dreams
    Nothing is quite what it seems

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its awesome when people post how the game is ruined for non-CS'ers like themselves then in the same post call themselves "customers." You're not customers, you're users. b:chuckle

A customer, also client, buyer or purchaser is usually used to refer to a current or potential buyer or user of the products of an individual or organization.

Customer: a person who purchases goods or services from another; buyer; patron.
    It really annoys me how you all call these equips end game equips like lvl 90-99 equips are all there are. Yes right now Pwi has a lvl cap of 105 but actual eventual cap will be 150 and if you think there are no molds after lvl 100 you dont' know very much about pw. Yes right now these gears are awesome and hard to obtian because of current lvl cap and lack of lvls to do those runs to get enough of the mats to make or put on auction but when more people start hitting the 100's eventually they will top off the lvl cap at 150 just like the other pw's and new gears like the 105 gold mold set will start dropping in the 109 fb and the gold endgame 130+ weapons will start showing up. Not to mention the best weapon which is hardest to obtain is the max rank weapon which isn't available in the packs. Please people again these equips are awesome and nice to have but they are not actual end game equips wait for the new fb's and instances and then you can pew pew if they make those super easy to get equips in a cash shop item. Really the only 2 things that really bug me and I'm surprised more people aren't pew pewing about is the cost of hammers for opening supposed rewards for completing certian things and the cost of TT/FF mats at the mysterious merchant you spend forever in cube or your expensive tokens from event to get chips then think you'll go geta a needed mat or two for an item your makeing and find out it costs 10mil+ gold and jaw drops and hits the floor. So now I have 3k chips from cube and tokens and can't use them cause every mat I need is way to expensive to get.

Anyways don't get so stressed out about the equips being available through the event eventually they are gonna be **** when they raise the lvl cap and introduce the new armors and weapons.

lemme ask you a question, if the lvl cap raises, will YOU spend 15 years of your life lvling all the way to lvl150 then spend more time gathering materials for new gear?
  • Tarlna - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Lol that is what the game is about, I mean do you want to stay at 105 forever with just the 85 to 99 gears and getting your butt handed to you by the people that keep going.
    Lvl 95 Cleric
    Armagedon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikinori - Dreamweaver
    Mikinori - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No, your right. I Dont know how difficult Lunar glade is.
    I'm only lvl 80, I've never been inside there.
    And about the end game gear and all. Without this patch&pack, they would be nothing but things we could only hope for and use the "Oh its not implemented into the game" saying as an excuse to why we cant have them.
    12 Grade gems. Well...Ftw I think.

And @ Kylley b:pleased Maybe I'm a little lazy, but i dont really want to grind for weeks in places like Frostcover :)

Any game needs a goal to keep people playing. In this game, endgame gear(LG/FF gear) was the goal for most players. It has to be a longterm goal that keeps you looking forward to and dreaming about.

Now, the final goal has been removed from the game and put into the cashshop.

How long do you think the game can remain fun for you now?

The expansion will have to bring new instances and gear so people have new goals and objectives if this game is to keep its playerbase.
  • Mikinori - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    It really annoys me how you all call these equips end game equips like lvl 90-99 equips are all there are. Yes right now Pwi has a lvl cap of 105 but actual eventual cap will be 150 and if you think there are no molds after lvl 100 you dont' know very much about pw. Yes right now these gears are awesome and hard to obtian because of current lvl cap and lack of lvls to do those runs to get enough of the mats to make or put on auction but when more people start hitting the 100's eventually they will top off the lvl cap at 150

Maybe because most of us play the game right now to be entertained right now. If it's not fun right now, we can move on to a game that is fun right now until this game gets to a fun part again. Isn't that the point of a game, to be fun right now when we're looking for entertainment?
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lol that is what the game is about, I mean do you want to stay at 105 forever with just the 85 to 99 gears and getting your butt handed to you by the people that keep going.

Eh, personally i think that lvl150 is a bit of a stretch anyways since each lvl after 105 is like relvling from lvl 1 all over again >.>, the exp curve goes up exponentially. b:shocked

I think most people would rather stay under lvl105 than go on anywhere past lvl110 lol. Because it's just too much of a hassle to go through xx number of years to lvl to max lvl and get good gears just to enjoy x number of years of w/e end game ppl do for fun b:chuckle
  • Tarlna - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Well there is nothing holding anyone back from having fun. People are still doing frost/Lunar/TT even with the items from packs. Its not like there is gonna be enough out of those packs to equip all of pw and stop those parties from happening. No one said anyone had to stop doing those instances. I'm just saying they aren't end game equips and there is still alot of people who will want to get those equips. The packs will be gone soon and 90% of people will still want those eqiups and want to do parties for them.
    Lvl 95 Cleric
    Armagedon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver
    CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009

As it stands now, you can buy OVER 9000 gold, grab some oracles to level, crack open an anniversary pack for a lunar glade weapon and some nifty rings, and spend the remnants on refining your gear. Gratz, you have won the game in a week.

Going, going, gone. b:bye
    I wonder if he realizes that 9000 gold would be about 9000 dollars. ROFL.
  • Mikinori - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009

Pretty sure you didn't get the joke or reference. b:chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI
  • Tarlna - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009

lol not to mention unless your very very lucky like Dragoonz which not all of us are the chance of you getting the actual items you want is not very high, I spent over 700$ to get a cape and ring and had to spend my money ingame to get my 2nd ring which wasn't cheap. Never got a Lunar weapon did get 2 frost which I sold one. And since these are 85+ equips even with oracles a low lvl is still gonna take alot of time and oracles to lvl anywhere near the lvls to use them. I'm lvl 95 and it takes me forever to get a lvl and sorry but not gonna spend all my time with oracles to try and get 20mil exp. Even at 700$ I still have not gotten alot of things these packs give and who has 9k to spend for 9k packs ouch I know some that have spent around 2k and still didn't get everything they want even with selling gold on auction and trying to buy the items from others ingame. So Yah good luck with that and the 9k you want to spend trying lol
    Lvl 95 Cleric
    Armagedon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    People seems to be leaving left and right.

People come people go when people leave there are news ones to fill their spots.I don't know why ppl would leave a game when it isn't even 2 years old yet.I still play an rpg that is over 4 years old.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mikinori - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    People come people go when people leave there are news ones to fill their spots.I don't know why ppl would leave a game when it isn't even 2 years old yet.I still play an rpg that is over 4 years old.

Age of Conan, Warhammer, ...? Games can fail and lose a LOT of players when handled poorly by the devs.

Not all games live to see the 4 years or even the 2 years mark.
    edited September 2009
    Age of Conan, Warhammer, ...? Games can fail and lose a LOT of players when handled poorly by the devs.

Not all games live to see the 4 years or even the 2 years mark.

heh I know that. I'm suprised my old MMO i played is still kicking lol. then again at $20 a month they probably have left over cash. They ROYALLY went and nerfed the class i played and made them basically one hit wonders until you hit endgame with them. And even then they were still pretty crappy compared to other classes. From what i've seen so far of this game it's been handled pretty good. much wider range of what you can do with your builds and everything. In the end people are probably getting mad cause someone better then them killed them and instead of tring to improve they are just gonna whine and moan that it's the developers fault for the events. O well guess you always got a few in every crowd that wanna ruin everyones fun. btw on my other char i run around with my pvp mode on all the time. i don't care if someone 20 lvls higher kills me. but it makes me rofl when i can make them die from a mob :)
  • asa12345
    asa12345 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yea that makes sense.....

No really even though you bumped it up it's all my fault.

Go pass 5th grade kiddo.
    Are you talking about me? College may be 5th grade...
    Anyways, I don't think that my proposition was a bad one though.
    It is a good way to level the playing field by making the high end items attainable to all, but just making it easier to get those items if you pay.
    edited September 2009
    asa12345 wrote: »
    Are you talking about me? College may be 5th grade...
    Anyways, I don't think that my proposition was a bad one though.
    It is a good way to level the playing field by making the high end items attainable to all, but just making it easier to get those items if you pay.

persoannlly i'm gonna work for my items even though i could gold them but there no fun in that :). and no matter how level the playing field is it's still all down to quite a few things.
    How Well you know your char,
    How well you know your opponents.
  • asa12345
    asa12345 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    persoannlly i'm gonna work for my items even though i could gold them but there no fun in that :). and no matter how level the playing field is it's still all down to quite a few things.
    How Well you know your char,
    How well you know your opponents.

I guess there is a certain amount of skill involved in positioning in pvp, stunlocking takes much skill in timing, and if you are playing a mp intensive...nm, most classes are mp intensive, you have to conserve skills. I guess that in itself could even the playing field. Although twinking a char gives a large benefit. Then again, I am sorta new to the game. Also the builds.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    you_are_being_monitored_office_humor_sticker-p217343083573543287tdcj_210.jpg

im use to it so idc lol
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dude...

Necro XD

its gonna get lock now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    im use to it so idc lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why do threads i dont wanna see again get necroed all the timeb:surrender
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    this better not be closed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Someone Necro'd my old thread :O

This is a real old topic of mine, and since then my opinion has changed dramatically xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Very good original post (OP) and I totally agree.

I think what we are hearing is outrage based on the idea that non-paying players should get everything paying players get in some hypocritical idea they have that this is so unfair to them.

It's like going into a restaurant & ordering lobster & then everyone starts yelling at you that it's unfair to eat it in front of them unless you buy everyone in the restaurant a lobster too.

I tell you what. Anyone that wants me to pay for them can come to my job & earn the money for me. Then they can tell me what to do with my money. Until then... get your own & pay your own way in life.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    PWi anni packs: Alternative to Collegeb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Omg Its Alive!!!!
    Quit.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This will be the first time I was driven out of an MMO due to poor management. I guess it is better than getting **** which is what ended my first run at an MMORPG.

It will be funny when the 6 remaining people on the server have 3 on 3 TW's.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This will be the first time I was driven out of an MMO due to poor management. I guess it is better than getting **** which is what ended my first run at an MMORPG.

It will be funny when the 6 remaining people on the server have 3 on 3 TW's.
    can i have ur char?
    Quit.
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Even if the economy is fixed overnight there is still the problem that it is too easy to get endgame gear. And the trust between players and management is gone. It is too late in my mind. What I value in a game is no longer what this game provides.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Scary. I remember I saw the exact same topic on my old MMO. I mean, word for word exact same...

That game died ^^; The servers got merged from underpopulation, every new player quit within a week, the economy went out of control and most of the players there quit or went to private servers. And I actually honestly mean this, the person who started that topic and the few like them are still there to this day. I check back every so often out of curiosity. They all got made forum mods since they're pretty much the only loyal ones left.

Sometimes I think ppl like the OP don't even believe things are fine at all. They just love disagreeing with others or having a different opinion.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Please try not to necro inactive threads, if you see a thread that has been inactive for more than a month and you wish to continue the discussion please feel free to make a new threadb:thanks
This discussion has been closed.