Rank 8 Achieved

Options

Comments

• Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Okay, troll. b:chuckle

im still unsure how im a troll? am i not allowed to post how i feel? again because something isnt going your way its bad? that seems to be the theme with this community

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

k so maybe im a troll cause i said the opposite of what u wanted? definitely wasnt off topic till now, hrm your posts deff seem more that way, and well if just saying how i felt pissed u guys off more then what u were, whoops? certainly was no intent, just want some ppl to open their eyes for once, and remember they rnt the only ones playing
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Congrats! (I still want a SS, though!)

If he paid for it with real cash, thanks for supporting the game for the rest of us. If he paid for it with in-game coin, congrats for generating an insane amount of coinage. Either way, good job.

u sir rock :D getting it form both sides now thats what i call a real good jobb:victory
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I find it just amazing how everytime someone buys lots of stuff off the cash shop two things happen

1) People berate them for spending their money how they feel

2) They assume that they had to have their moms and dads give them their credit card.

My responses to these:

1) **** off and let me spend my money as I see fit.

2) Not everyone that plays games still lives at home in their parent's basements. Some of us have jobs that we work hard at to earn our money. Just because you either can't afford it or don't think its a worthwhile expenditure doesn't give you the right to tear down other people.

For the guy who got rank 8: gratz? I honestly don't care...
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Davechapelle - Sanctuary
    Davechapelle - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I find it just amazing how everytime someone buys lots of stuff off the cash shop two things happen

2) They assume that they had to have their moms and dads give them their credit card.

My responses to these:

2) Not everyone that plays games still lives at home in their parent's basements. Some of us have jobs that we work hard at to earn our money. Just because you either can't afford it or don't think its a worthwhile expenditure doesn't give you the right to tear down other people.

Amen. It's like they hate cash users because we can afford to charge cash, not everyone is a broke **** welfare bludger like some in this game by the sounds of things. Somehow they twist that by charging cash, we're somehow 'cheating'? WTF? We pay for this game so you broke-**** mofos can play this for free. Quit your whining and go get a job.
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Look at the replays by couple of level 100 ( Their level implies that they do care about the game, and play it in "no - life" mode b:chuckle) , so jealous so envious. They wish they had those thousands to spend on the game. b:bye
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you guys don't care about rank 8 why the hell u read and even reply with stuff off topic. b:shutup

Trolls. Stick to topic. If ur feelings are hurt bc regular non-cash-shoppers QQ about you, make a thread.
    b:angry

Sticking to topic. It is true, HeadTrauma got Rank8 last night, I did take a SS and I will post it later bc Im at work and the SS is at home. b:victory

Gratz to him. Thats it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Congrats! (I still want a SS, though!)

If he paid for it with real cash, thanks for supporting the game for the rest of us. If he paid for it with in-game coin, congrats for generating an insane amount of coinage. Either way, good job.

Now that's a reply.

Watch and learn 100s.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol so many ppl say he paid to get his rank 8, lol how do u guys now im from harshlands server trust me we would now becaz of dukes spamming azz lol ya so this is just a thread made by QQers that are jealous lolb:chuckle
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Jealousy ?

Personnally I find it absurd to put so much money into a game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • RawVeno - Sanctuary
    RawVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

My responses to these:

I'm gonna go with this reply +1
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    eh, if he bought his way to glory.. he deserve no grats or respect.

If he earned it by actually playing the game.. then he deserves all the graduation's out there. Its highly unlikely tho.. and its a sad day in PW when someone can just buy their way to the best armor and weapon in the game.

The whole jealous and envy thing.. you sound like 15 yr old high schoolers. Maybe its the older generation that understands that earning something threw hard work demands respect from others. What i do know.. is that my properties aren't so screwed up, that i would pay hundreds of dollars on a game that most likely wont be here in a couple of years.

so Grats to the money that payed for this. The money surely deserves all the respect.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    and its a sad day in PW when someone can just buy their way to the best armor and weapon in the game.

Welcome to the wonderful world of F2P games with cash shop b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of F2P games with cash shop b:chuckle
    will you stfu ur annoying
  • Davechapelle - Sanctuary
    Davechapelle - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Jealousy ?

Personnally I find it absurd to put so much money into a game...

Well that's you, you can't justify putting that much into a game. Other people can, people who have that level of disposable income.
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dane12 wrote: »
    lol so many ppl say he paid to get his rank 8, lol how do u guys now im from harshlands server trust me we would now becaz of dukes spamming azz lol ya so this is just a thread made by QQers that are jealous lolb:chuckle

Well, first of all, Duke wont shout "HeadTrauma paid $4400 to get Rank 8".
    And yes, ppl that was online last night saw Duke shouting that he got Rank8. ... gratz to this brave soldier and stuff. So... in terms of you being a spokesman of the Harshlands community... looks like you gotta keep up with the news. If you were a journalist you should be fired by now lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • dane12
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, first of all, Duke wont shout "HeadTrauma paid $4400 to get Rank 8".
    And yes, ppl that was online last night saw Duke shouting that he got Rank8. ... gratz to this brave soldier and stuff. So... in terms of you being a spokesman of the Harshlands community... looks like you gotta keep up with the news. If you were a journalist you should be fired by now lol.
    ok i eat my own words last night i wasn't on anyways
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well that's you, you can't justify putting that much into a game. Other people can, people who have that level of disposable income.

Which is why I said "personnally".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I say congratulations to this guy. I don't care whether he bought it or earned ingame coin to get it. He's got it, one way or another, and I don't so bully for him!

It seems that everyone is speculating on how he got it...if you're that concerned just ask the guy in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Micheal Jordan is speaking live on ESPN right now.. he has just been entered into the Hall of Fame. Do you think Micheal Jordan payed his way to 2 Olympic gold medals and 6 NBA championships? thats all i'm saying.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im still unsure how im a troll? am i not allowed to post how i feel? again because something isnt going your way its bad? that seems to be the theme with this community

Well, either you're
    1) An idiot
    2) Terrible at maths
    3) Haven't realised the amount of coin one would need to get 8jun from Wraith Officer's Badges.
    4) A troll

I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that one, to be honest.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It seems that everyone is speculating on how he got it...if you're that concerned just ask the guy in-game.

Not hard to guess... It's impossible to reach rank 8 with the current game condition.

Darkness stamps don't drop anymore in FB 69 and over, and those were the best source of reputation before. And the quest that was to replace those DS to gain reputation was never implemented on this server.

So, what's left? Buying officer's badge with tokens from the event.

25 rep each, you need 8000 of them to reach rang 8 starting from 0 rep. That's what... 64000 tokens?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Frost gear is in the cash shop
    Lunar gear is in the cash shop
    Rank gear is in the cash shop

Cash shop users have always had advantages, in getting better equipment and so on. For example, they could always buy lots of charms/feathers/whatever else, sell them to other players and then buy whatever gear they wanted.

Meanwhile, people have been making lots of claims about how impossible this gear was to gather (and it certainly has been difficult), and this month's cash shop releases have made gathering this kind of gear "easier" -- but so have this month's patches.

Also, I expect they will be raising the level cap before long, and make ALL of this current gear easier to obtain.

But I can not find any of this gear in the cash shop. (Even that "$2400 for rank eight" gear thing is nothing but a discount because you could always buy rep in the cash shop, and you still need to be rank 100 before you can get rank 8.)

Anyways... personally... if you enjoy paying money, and funding my entertainment, I am not going to complain. But I play for fun, and I do not play with the idea that if I totally dominate everyone else that this will make my play fun. (And, if I ever do get in a position where I totally dominate everyone else, I think I will write a guide to help other people get there faster than I did.)
    Not hard to guess... It's impossible to reach rank 8 with the current game condition.

I feel I should disagree with this very concept: I think I can reach rank 8 in a year or two, using normal game play. And, if I had time and resources I could advance 20-30 times faster. And that was before this month's event.
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Micheal Jordan is speaking live on ESPN right now.. he has just been entered into the Hall of Fame. Do you think Micheal Jordan payed his way to 2 Olympic gold medals and 6 NBA championships? thats all i'm saying.

I like Mike too b:pleased and am happy that he got what he deserves.

But stick with me now this is where it gets hard. Time gets involved here, this is where you fail to see things from another perspective, so hang on with me here.

How many awards would Michael Jordan have today if Rosa Parks and those that came before/after her had just put up with the caste system that was in place and said nothing about all the injustice that was going on in the world at THEIR time... before Mike was even a TWINKLE in his Daddy's eye?

Now... ask yourself, are the people that are in this forum posting rage and discontent with this system just whiners? Or could they possibly have a deeper understanding of what is wrong and right than the other people who are saying shut up and deal with it or GTFO.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    agamemnoch wrote: »
    How many awards would Michael Jordan have today if Rosa Parks and those that came before/after her had just put up with the caste system that was in place and said nothing about all the injustice that was going on in the world at THEIR time... before Mike was even a TWINKLE in his Daddy's eye?

So people not liking it when you cash shop your way to your gear = racism? b:shocked

I'm disgusted, to be honest.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So people not liking it when you cash shop your way to your gear = racism? b:shocked

I'm disgusted, to be honest.

Hmmm... no I think you misunderstood...

There ARE no independent achievements, we are ALL standing on the shoulders of giants.

The CS players and the FTP players are all in this virtual world together, if you give the CS players an advantage the FTP players don't mind... we can UNDERSTAND the concept of There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (TANSTAAFL).

The rage and conflict in these forums is about the apparent lack of concern displayed by both the staff who run this game and the players with nigh unlimited access to the cash shop (due to credit cards and/or faction strength) about how the balance has shifted from "an advantage that can be understood" to "an overwhelming advantage that cannot be overcome".

Just because you can't see the parallels that are drawn from a virtual world to a real one doesn't mean those parallels don't exist.
    It just means you need to learn more physics.
    And please accept my apologies because I can NOW see that you were being completely sarcastic! Sometimes it takes time for MY perspectives to shift LMAO!
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I feel I should disagree with this very concept: I think I can reach rank 8 in a year or two, using normal game play. And, if I had time and resources I could advance 20-30 times faster. And that was before this month's event.

Try it.
    I had the most rep on HT server before this event, I did a lot of FBs, bought a lot of rep, and I was at 35k rep after a year of playing.

Less talk, more action please... rep is not that easy to get through "normal" gameplay (that is, non-cashshop).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rage also stems from the fact that players, (cash shoppers included) spent a lot of time running the lunar/frost instances only to get trolled by a release just like that. you must understand these people worked for so long then just saw someone win some pretty top end stuff without having spent such time doing instances in game. they must've been hoping to benefit from a lunar/frost market (much like TT), but now people are running around with complete weapons and gear just like that. it's like, if this was going to happen, why open the instances before the release in the first place?

it's not just the fact that cash shoppers have a huge advantage now, (i can confidently say that i can scramble together enough coin before the month's end to buy some lunar gear myself), it's the fact that players feel their time and efforts has been disregarded.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    6 pages and no screenshots? comon harshland guys, step it up b:cute
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    HappyFace - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    6 pages and no screenshots? comon harshland guys, step it up b:cute

I am from Harshlands, too. Playing 24/7.
    And I saw Duke saying this.
    And I also saw HeadTrauma shouting to WC that he gives no fook about what kids say, that he's a grown up person and makes enough money to afford buying the whole Anniv. event. This was shortly before we saw the Duke's announcement.

Why not, why not. If you have a spare million, you can buy Naomi Campbell, OR the Rank 8 : ) Jedem das seine.
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well no one is blaming him for buying enough to get rank 8. In fact i think he has all the right to spend his money any way he sees fit.
This discussion has been closed.